HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Marlies Thread Part IX: Stuart Percy Impresses All.

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
dont understand the scott hate, great penalty killer... which is the reason the marlies are doing so well
There's no "hate" going on. It's called discussion. That term gets used way too often.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:32 AM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
There's no "hate" going on. It's called discussion. That term gets used way too often.
would you have preferred dislike?

Old
05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
GoodNewfieBoy
Jim,coach Leafs too?

There has been a lot of negativity toward Scott around here lately and maybe it's because he's not a blue chip prospect but hes an absolute great player to have with the Marlies. Guys like him, while wont likely make an impact in the show, absolutely have an impact on the kadris and frattins due to the winning atmosphere the Marlies have created. You'd think leafs fans would appreciate that. I love my ahl foot soldiers

Old
05-04-2012, 10:59 AM
leafsfuture

^^ agreed.

When I watch a Marlies game on TV, Scott's name is usually the one you hear the most. He tries to create something every shift. Hes also 23 years old, so hes not exactly a "veteran". I dont think he becomes a full-time NHLer, but I would be absolutely shocked if he doesnt get a fair amount of NHL games over the next few years, whether it be in Toronto, or elsewhere

Old
05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
GoodNewfieBoy
Jim,coach Leafs too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
^^ agreed.

When I watch a Marlies game on TV, Scott's name is usually the one you hear the most. He tries to create something every shift. Hes also 23 years old, so hes not exactly a "veteran". I dont think he becomes a full-time NHLer, but I would be absolutely shocked if he doesnt get a fair amount of NHL games over the next few years, whether it be in Toronto, or elsewhere
My thoughts too. People forget he's only 23

Old
05-04-2012, 11:38 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Greg Scott will = Zigomanis, in career potential, I think.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:45 AM
HOCKEYGOON

I'm wondering if Scott will get suspended for that kneeing major/game misconduct he took.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

I would hope Biggs is inserted if there's a suspension, and he's available.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
I thought that he wouldn't be able to play because he's on an ELC now and wasn't on the clear day roster. I thought only players on an ELC from junior were eligible or players on an ATO. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Not disagreeing but Biggs hasn't played in a month since his team was eliminated, perhaps he can practice with the Marlies as Percy is, give him a taste of what being a pro means, then next year he will have a better idea what to work on in Oshawa.

For me Biggs is one of the untouchables in this organization, if he can become a Lucic type player. He will be a rare commodity.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:07 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Announcers were huge homers in that game.

Didn't watch all of it, but the Oil Kings goalie really saved their bacon while I watched.
Yup Edmonton is not going to be able to run threw Portland like they did the rest of the teams.

Old
05-04-2012, 02:10 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
Greg Scott will = Zigomanis, in career potential, I think.
Scott will probably be fortunate to get the number career NHL games Zigomanis has had (197) but seriously these guys aren't alike at all. Scott is a strong skater, an energetic player, a winger, a physical player. Zigomanis is a clever center with good hands who can't skate.

Old
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
Scott will probably be fortunate to get the number career NHL games Zigomanis has had (197) but seriously these guys aren't alike at all. Scott is a strong skater, an energetic player, a winger, a physical player. Zigomanis is a clever center with good hands who can't skate.
I was referring more to the fact that he'll be an AHL hero.

Old
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Malthus View Post
I thought that he wouldn't be able to play because he's on an ELC now and wasn't on the clear day roster. I thought only players on an ELC from junior were eligible or players on an ATO. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
He can play.

Old
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Not disagreeing but Biggs hasn't played in a month since his team was eliminated, perhaps he can practice with the Marlies as Percy is, give him a taste of what being a pro means, then next year he will have a better idea what to work on in Oshawa.

For me Biggs is one of the untouchables in this organization, if he can become a Lucic type player. He will be a rare commodity.
If the team needs a shot in the arm, this kid is the one to bring it. He changes games with his physicality, skating, and his forecheck.

Putting him on a line with Mueller would be a great sight. Those two would make the opposition not want to come over the boards.

Old
05-04-2012, 02:58 PM
conway902

A little of topic but I was just looking at Brad Ross and Greg McKegg's stats And was a little surprised on just how many time these two were able to find the back of the net.

In the last 3 years as they have 240 goals and 277 assists between them.

Lets hope we get lucky with these guys as they both have late Birth days and even though they were drafted 2 years ago they are only a year and a few months older then some of the kids in this years draft
I will be happy if one of the two can make the nhl and keep there goal scoring ways

Old
05-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Number13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinH2004 View Post
There are other players we as fans would want to see, but the team is not allowed to play them. Before the playoffs every team has to submit a clear day roster, and the Marlies submitted theirs with those players on it. You can only submit it with players on the team at that time I believe, that's why Frattin/Gardiner were sent down. So it wouldn't have been possible to submit with Percy, Broll, Leivo, Abbott because they weren't around at the time.

So unfortunately the only way those guys play is if others on the roster get injured. But honestly I like what at least Acton and Scott bring. Acton aside from Rosehill/Fraser is our only nasty in your face player to play against. Scott is quick as **** and a great penalty killer, that's all you could ask for from a fourth liner.

As for Gysbers, he might have been more effective in the regular season but now they're giving primary minutes to the other two pairings so we're seeing him less.
I believe that is false, players who are under ELCs can play for the marlies if their respective seasons are done.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the main reason they're not likely to get in the lineup is because Eakins won't want to potentially ruin the team chemistry he has going to test out a rookie in the playoffs.

Old
05-04-2012, 06:20 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
I believe that is false, players who are under ELCs can play for the marlies if their respective seasons are done.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the main reason they're not likely to get in the lineup is because Eakins won't want to potentially ruin the team chemistry he has going to test out a rookie in the playoffs.
I think your right but I would be pretty shocked if Biggs could contribute much. The jump in physicality and speed from College to AHL playoffs is huge. Nerxt year after a season in the O maybe but he is more likely to be a catcher than a pitcher right nowM

Old
05-04-2012, 10:22 PM
DevinH2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post

The only reason I believe the clear day roster applies is because there were so many posts in here stating that the players on that roster could be the ONLY ones to play in the playoffs unless injuries happen. But I guess there could be a rule that applies otherwise. We need John-Eric or Jeffler to confirm or deny this theory lol.

And if it wasn't the case don't you think Percy would be playing over Gysbers with the impression he left after the first round.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:05 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
The only reason I believe the clear day roster applies is because there were so many posts in here stating that the players on that roster could be the ONLY ones to play in the playoffs unless injuries happen. But I guess there could be a rule that applies otherwise. We need John-Eric or Jeffler to confirm or deny this theory lol.

And if it wasn't the case don't you think Percy would be playing over Gysbers with the impression he left after the first round.
http://theahl.com/2012-clear-day-lis...ounced-p176440

Quote:
The American Hockey League has released the Clear Day Period lists for each of its 30 member clubs.

Each Clear Day roster consists of a maximum of 22 players. According to AHL by-laws, only those players listed on a teamís Clear Day roster are eligible to compete in the remainder of the 2011-12 AHL regular season and in the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs, unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension.

Teams may also add signed draft choices and players signed to amateur tryout contracts, provided that their respective junior or college seasons are complete.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
05-05-2012, 03:16 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Brad Ross looks really good out there.

By no means is he just a pest or grinder, he's got some skill and appears to think the game quite well.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Brad Ross looks really good out there.

By no means is he just a pest or grinder, he's got some skill and appears to think the game quite well.
he has the making of being guy who can easily suit into the top 9. just pop in and be there just in case really. no i am not saying he is a top line player.

He can compliment any type of player easily in case of emergency/shake up/injuries etc.

05-05-2012, 08:56 AM
DevinH2004

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's saying teams could add them to their clear day roster without ATO or PTO, not to the roster after the clear day is announced. Totally different things.

This is the part that matters

"unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension."

Therefore you can only use players on your clear day roster, unless the following applies. I'm pretty sure if the Marlies could be playing Percy they would be right now.

Last edited by DevinH2004: 05-05-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old
05-05-2012, 09:11 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's saying teams could add them to their clear day roster without ATO or PTO, not to the roster after the clear day is announced. Totally different things.

This is the part that matters

"unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension."

Therefore you can only use players on your clear day roster, unless the following applies. I'm pretty sure if the Marlies could be playing Percy they would be right now.
no they wouldn't, he played in round 1 because Blacker was hurt. With Blacker back Percy sits

Old
05-05-2012, 09:21 AM
HockeyNightInBelfast
HockeyNightInBelfast

Slightly off-topic but if you have Ross & McKegg joining the Marlies next year, how good would Carter Ashton or even Biggs look on that line?

Skilled Centreman: McKegg
Pesky Skilled Winger: Ross
Giant PF: Ashton/Biggs.

Seems like they're made for one another!

Incidentally, looking at the Marlies today & expecting (fingers crossed) the some of them will of course graduate to the Leafs next year, what will the lines be next year with the Marlies?

Anyone wish to have a crack? Let's assume that Frattin, Kadri but not Ashton or Colborne are with the Leafs next year (& of course Gardiner/Holzer).

Closed Thread