HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what can the management do?

Old
05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
toughfighter83*

vCash: 500
what can the management do?

if this team plays like this until they get eliminated, what can this management do? i mean this team is a mess, besides defense, you see them getting rid of briere?hartnell? jvr? coburn? schenn? i know giroux wont be gone, but i know the management will be doing something, get rid of lav too? if i was management i dont know what solution is of fixing this team to make it better,

if they get rid of the coach, they need to find a coach that knows the trap like torts and in your face type of coach, which i dont know who, i dont understand why didnt get torts anyway, he probably would have gotten us a cup.

i mean what are the solutions out there to make this team better?

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
bp spec

vCash: 50
Akl i know is that getting rid of Coburn would be a mistake. He has evolved into a beast.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
The reality is , is that we have no tradeable players.

Either we have young guys that would be stupid to trade or older players that have no trade clauses.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:33 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
The reality is , is that we have no tradeable players.

Either we have young guys that would be stupid to trade or older players that have no trade clauses.
That's not true, I'd trade Couts, JVR, Schenn, Voracek all for the right return. If we said they are available, the phone would ring.

Obviously, it wouldn't be for some nobodies...

The only contract I think that we would have trouble unloading is....Bryzgalov.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
achdumeingute

I think we have to get another mobile D man who isn't afraid of contact and let Carle go.

Gus has really stepped up IMO. I'm hoping mesz plays better on D when he returns. He made some bad decisions this season, and that's very troubling. I can live with good choice, bad results ALOT more.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

We have lots of tradable players. And really, going in to the season, did anyone expect us to beat the Pens in the playoffs etc? I didn't. 6-7 rookies, no Pronger, no Mesz, means this team will be inconsistent. That's just the way it goes and if we get beat 4-1 by the Devils, I'll still say we had an amazing season.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I think blowing up the team again is the last thing we should do. Trade one of our forwards for a top 4 defender who can replace Timonen in a year or two (Huge Kimo fan. Even I agree that he is on his last legs). The trap system doesnt always work. See TBL. It is also some of the most boring hockey to watch.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
ORYX

Sure, lets just blow it all up and start over because the team has had a bad start to this series.

What if they come roaring back and win the Stanley Cup? Blow it still right, surely there is something not right?

Holy overreaction. This team dismantled the Pens and is having a bit of trouble with a much more defensive club. Did you honestly think they would maintain a 52% PP? They are having a hard time adjusting and aren't moving their feet to engage and win the battles.

But yea, lets just blow it up every year if they don't win the cup. That is clearly the most logical solution to everything. trade Briere? The guy with 107 points in 106 post season points? Hartnell, the guy who is having a lackluster series, but a career year? Couburn, the guy who has dominated physically along the boards all playoffs?

Give your head a shake. The only thing this team needs to do in the offseason is rid themselves of that piss ant Carle and add a stud on the back end. problem solved.

Now step off the ledge, everything will be okay.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
That's not true, I'd trade Couts, JVR, Schenn, Voracek all for the right return. If we said they are available, the phone would ring.

Obviously, it wouldn't be for some nobodies...

The only contract I think that we would have trouble unloading is....Bryzgalov.
Are you crazy? Getting rid of those guys would be suicide and completely stupid. I don't who we get in return, you don't trade away potential like that. Those guys will turn into absolute monsters.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:04 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Only thing wrong with this group is they dont seem to play hard unless they are behind . Well now we are down 2-1 in games i expect to see a different team in game 4 if not then i might say we are in trouble.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Are you crazy? Getting rid of those guys would be suicide and completely stupid. I don't who we get in return, you don't trade away potential like that. Those guys will turn into absolute monsters.
if players like OEL, Yandle (already a monster), pietrangelo, ect are coming back I'm not crying...we didn't get bad value.
Again for Adam Oates = bad...for a young equivalent stud in an area of crushing need...it's on the table.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:15 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Give your head a shake. The only thing this team needs to do in the offseason is rid themselves of that piss ant Carle and add a stud on the back end. problem solved.
I so wish it was that easy. Unfortunately Carle is one of the top "studs" in UFA.

I'm praying poile is kicking suters dog or something...

Old
05-04-2012, 12:20 PM
ORYX

Quote:
I so wish it was that easy. Unfortunately Carle is one of the top "studs" in UFA.

I'm praying poile is kicking suters dog or something...
Hurry, go plant some rumours!

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:21 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
if players like OEL, Yandle (already a monster), pietrangelo, ect are coming back I'm not crying...we didn't get bad value.
Again for Adam Oates = bad...for a young equivalent stud in an area of crushing need...it's on the table.
Exactly! There are players with JVR "potential" that are on defense, an area we severely need. Couturier I would be iffy on moving since he is the teams best defensive forward already, an area where we arent strong in.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

Thanks for the reminder of why I stay away from here after a loss.
Jeez, overreact much?

For a good laugh, read the Are you nervous thread after the flyers lost game 4 to the pens.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Thanks for the reminder of why I stay away from here after a loss.
Jeez, overreact much?

For a good laugh, read the Are you nervous thread after the flyers lost game 4 to the pens.
No one on here ever overreacts ever.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Sure, lets just blow it all up and start over because the team has had a bad start to this series.

What if they come roaring back and win the Stanley Cup? Blow it still right, surely there is something not right?

Holy overreaction. This team dismantled the Pens and is having a bit of trouble with a much more defensive club. Did you honestly think they would maintain a 52% PP? They are having a hard time adjusting and aren't moving their feet to engage and win the battles.

But yea, lets just blow it up every year if they don't win the cup. That is clearly the most logical solution to everything. trade Briere? The guy with 107 points in 106 post season points? Hartnell, the guy who is having a lackluster series, but a career year? Couburn, the guy who has dominated physically along the boards all playoffs?

Now step off the ledge, everything will be okay.
This!

I mean seriously...the panic is absurd. This team has a lot going for it going forward. With some adjustments we will be fine for the future. After beating Pitt everything was going to be gravy anyways especially with the injuries and the rookies and Bryz still not getting it all together which troubles me but lets see if he continues his mediocrity next yr with hopefully a better d corps. Let's relax. Sux the devils are exposing us but might be good now as we are still young and in a bit of a transition still....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
replacing Carle with Suter is a start (assuming Pronger is gone)

also, don't re-sign Jagr. hope Shelley retires

If Pronger recovers, I'd move Mez to make room for Suter. If we need more room, trade Bob

we don't need an ooverhaul. also, lets face it, this isnt our year to win it anyways. way too many rookies

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
There are injuries, a lot of rookies who've never done a playoff run and have just done their first NHL season, a couple key players who have no real playoff experience, and a shaky goalie. I'm not ready to trade everyone away in a knee jerk reaction. I hope Ed and homer agree.

05-04-2012, 12:37 PM
thelos
Bunk

need better two way forwards.

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
need better two way forwards.
Richards?

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Qyburn

I wouldn't do much, other than the usual upkeep.

They had a good RS record, and a legendary performance against the cup favorites.

If the Devils turn out to just have had their number, give the coaching staff a season to work on that. I don't see how anyone can make an argument that their players' attributes outmatch our players' attributes.

Every team has its weaknesses. There's no such thing as building a flawless team. It's all about minimizing the overall team flaws in relation to teams you expect to match up against, which I think they've done a pretty good job of to this point.

That said, we're not losing this series.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Tweak the defense, unless Suter is a definite, I wouldn't change a lot. Look into Stuart from WPG, and possibly trading up in the draft. Keep Jagr, he'll be important to the younger players.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:54 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Tweak the defense, unless Suter is a definite, I wouldn't change a lot. Look into Stuart from WPG, and possibly trading up in the draft. Keep Jagr, he'll be important to the younger players.
If we sign Suter, Jagr won't be back

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:07 PM
toughfighter83*

i mean i dont understand this team is passing and dumping and chasing so such, if it's on the coach or the players if it's on the players then lav has to change the lineup, i mean the reason im asking about moving the players is because they are not shooting, they are passing.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote