HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Clifford cleared to play

Old
05-03-2012, 02:14 PM
santiclaws

vCash: 500
Clifford cleared to play

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/05/03...ate-update-25/

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Perro

Yes!!

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
That's great to hear, for his health more than anything. I was worried about the kid after his injuries last year, so when I saw him go down after the Bitz hit, I figured he'd be done for the year.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:17 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Right on. I'd leave the personal the same for tonight's game at least, but after that, work him in. I'd sub him in for Richardson most likely.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Great news! I'm kind of torn. Do you mess with the chemistry right now? I do miss his endless energy.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 04:00 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
Great news! I'm kind of torn. Do you mess with the chemistry right now? I do miss his endless energy.
As much as I want to see Cliff playing again, I really do believe that at this point in time its best to leave the lines the way they are. If they have a flat game tonight, then sub Cliffy in for game 4 to mix things up a little

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
As much as I want to see Cliff playing again, I really do believe that at this point in time its best to leave the lines the way they are. If they have a flat game tonight, then sub Cliffy in for game 4 to mix things up a little
Yeah. It makes sense. Sucks for him though, to be healthy and not be in the mix.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:22 PM
scramble91

I would consider putting him in instead of king. King seems to be struggling with the speed of the playoffs.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
I would consider putting him in instead of king. King seems to be struggling with the speed of the playoffs.
But King is such a distraction to the Blues, they hate him. When he's on the ice, they may try and make runs at him instead of playing their game.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:45 PM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

sw33t

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
But King is such a distraction to the Blues, they hate him. When he's on the ice, they may try and make runs at him instead of playing their game.
The John Zeiler effect.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:17 PM
ZJames

Quote:
This is a good point. I personally hope it continues, but the blues will probably smart up and start playing their game again.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The John Zeiler effect.
He was so great for that one season.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Right on. I'd leave the personal the same for tonight's game at least, but after that, work him in. I'd sub him in for Richardson most likely.
Not to single you out but...
How are people still advocating benching Richardson?

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
No lineup changes until they lose a couple of game.

Or injuries.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:52 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Good but keep him in the press box. This team is on a roll without him and his dumb penalties.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:11 AM
losingsand

Definitely tough if we were to bench king / nolan / fraser / richardson for Clifford.

Richardson continues to be a playoff menace, while the other 3 have had SOLID games. But I do think that Clifford should get time in. He was great in the playoffs last year and with the Blues playing frustrated, i wouldn't mind having another middleweight type of policeman out there. My scratch would be NOLAN i guess. Tough to change anything since we are having success, but being up 3-0 i think we can afford to see what we have with Clifford. No knock to Nolan, i think he's been playing just fine... just comes to a numbers game sometimes.

HOWEVER, a young fighter with a concussion. Someone we're banking on to be one of our figthers in the future... also not a bad idea to just keep Cliffy on the bench.

gosh i don't know.. great problem to have right?

Maybe Lewis should get the scratch, he was great on the one play to knock out VAN, and he's been serviceable in this series...then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Why bring Clifford back from his second concussion when the team is 7-1 in the playoffs? Let him rest until there are injuries.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
rajuabju

Let him rest still and get himself back to game speed with a few more full practices. Our 4th line is doing great with Richie, Fraser, Nolan.

If we lose game4, then consider making the change, otherwise, maybe he comes back for conf. finals.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Perro

I was one of the people who said we shoudl scratch King for Cliff. Where is my crow?

Old
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Not to single you out but...
How are people still advocating benching Richardson?
Because they guy sucked ass pretty much the entire season and IMO this playoffs, he hasn't done anything great that Clifford couldn't do just as well, not to mention bring an additional physical approach that Richardson can't. You KNOW that if St. Louis falls behind by a few goals in game four, it's going to get to be a rough affair. Give me Cliffy for that. Doesn't have to fight, just be willing to lay the body right back at the Blues.

Richardson had a nice effort on the goal against Vancouver in game five, but other than that he hasn't done a whole heck of a lot. I've noticed almost everyone else out there in a positive way, even Lewis and I'm not a Lewis fan by any stretch. Richardson hasn't really impressed me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I was one of the people who said we shoudl scratch King for Cliff. Where is my crow?
No crow. Kid was good last night, but Elliott's goaltending made him look extra good (as well as Richards and Doughty, man was Elliott bad last night).

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
No crow. Kid was good last night, but Elliott's goaltending made him look extra good (as well as Richards and Doughty, man was Elliott bad last night).
Before the series even started, there were a bunch of Blues fans on the main board claiming that Elliot was a better Goalie than Quick. Well so far they dont have anything to back that claim up.

this season there have been 2 goalies that are in a class above any other goalie, and that is Quick and Henrick. That would make for one heck of a Stanley Cup.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
Before the series even started, there were a bunch of Blues fans on the main board claiming that Elliot was a better Goalie than Quick. Well so far they dont have anything to back that claim up.

this season there have been 2 goalies that are in a class above any other goalie, and that is Quick and Henrick. That would make for one heck of a Stanley Cup.
On the blues board they had a thread about the series. A lot of blues fans were claiming it would be a sweep by them. I told them they would be eating crow.
Way to make me look good LA!!

Old
05-04-2012, 12:48 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Good to hear but Clifford needs to sit until there is a injury or richardson starts to stink it up.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Whiskeypete

skate the big red dog and scratch Richie imo. the fourth line was much more effective with him on it, than they have been since his departure. to the point the talking heads during the VAN series were often saying LA's #4 was just as effective as the Kopi line. once Clifford went out the #4 line started to become a little less effective each game. Richie has had some spurts here and there, but as usual he seems to just flat out disappear. i can't recall even one notable thing he has done the past few games.

Clifford back in and it is one more big fore checker that will drive STL crazy. to have DB, King, MR beating on them with the first three lines.....then roll out the 4th line of Clifford/Fraser/Nolan, will just frustrate the hell out of them further.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote