HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best rookie in 2012/2013

Old
05-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Shutdown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
They aren't from canada. A guy like Tinordi could've played in AHL right after he was drafted.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought guys coming in through import draft aren't protected. Not sure about galchenyuk as from USA.
I always heard they have to stay in the CHL because they're being drafted from the CHL.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:33 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
I always heard they have to stay in the CHL because they're being drafted from the CHL.
I look at guys like Tikhonov, Boedker and others who were put in AHL before 20 years old and had been CHL import players. Maybe I'm getting confused.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Fozz

I'm going to go with Yakupov.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
They aren't from canada. A guy like Tinordi could've played in AHL right after he was drafted.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought guys coming in through import draft aren't protected. Not sure about galchenyuk as from USA.
You can leave the CHL for the AHL early if you went to the CHL after being drafted. If you are drafted from the CHL directly you cannot go the AHL until 20. So Tinordi (drafted from USNDTP) could have gone to the AHL this season but Grigorenko and Galenchyuk (CHL) cannot next season, while european league picks like Forsberg are AHL eligible right away.

Nationality means nothing here, its all about league status. If a Canadian went to the SEL for his draft year and got selected he could go straight to the AHL for example.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:12 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I'm going to go with Yakupov.
I like your style

...and I would have to agree.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Louis Leblanc..(Is he even eligible ?)

Or

Forsberg.

Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Dumba, Murray and TT have no chance at making the NHL next season.
I bet which ever team takes Dumba will have him in the lineup. The kid hits like a NHL defenceman already. He's not overly big but hits like a truck. I see him kind of like Emelin for Montreal.

He's not the best player in the draft but I do think he could play in the NHL with a team like NYI or EDM and even Montreal. I'd have him in the lineup before Weber or Diaz

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:35 PM
pine*

Quote:
I look at guys like Tikhonov, Boedker and others who were put in AHL before 20 years old and had been CHL import players. Maybe I'm getting confused.
To play in the AHL, there are 3 possible scenarios:

1) turn 20 years of age before December 31st of the season (if drafted out of the CHL)
2) have completed 4 years of junior eligibility (if drafted out of the CHL)
3) have been drafted into the NHL before the CHL or simply being drafted out of college or Europe.

Boedker was under scenario #1 and Tikhonov under scenario #3. Nathan Beaulieu can play in the AHL next season because he falls under scenarios #1 and #2. Grigorenko, Galchenyuk and Yakupov do not satisfy any of the conditions so they are not eligible to play in the AHL next season.

However, Forsberg satisfies (or rather will satisfy) condition #3, so he will be eligible to play in the AHL next season if need arises.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
You can leave the CHL for the AHL early if you went to the CHL after being drafted. If you are drafted from the CHL directly you cannot go the AHL until 20. So Tinordi (drafted from USNDTP) could have gone to the AHL this season but Grigorenko and Galenchyuk (CHL) cannot next season, while european league picks like Forsberg are AHL eligible right away.

Nationality means nothing here, its all about league status. If a Canadian went to the SEL for his draft year and got selected he could go straight to the AHL for example.
So if Grigorenko came over a year after he'd be allowed to leave earlier? I thought it applied in general to import players.

Old
05-04-2012, 05:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
To play in the AHL, there are 3 possible scenarios:

1) turn 20 years of age before December 31st of the season (if drafted out of the CHL)
2) have completed 4 years of junior eligibility (if drafted out of the CHL)
3) have been drafted into the NHL before the CHL or simply being drafted out of college or Europe.

Boedker was under scenario #1 and Tikhonov under scenario #3. Nathan Beaulieu can play in the AHL next season because he falls under scenarios #1 and #2. Grigorenko, Galchenyuk and Yakupov do not satisfy any of the conditions so they are not eligible to play in the AHL next season.

However, Forsberg satisfies (or rather will satisfy) condition #3, so he will be eligible to play in the AHL next season if need arises.
Thanks, I guess I was confused.

Old
05-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Whoever we draft 3rd overall.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
So if Grigorenko came over a year after he'd be allowed to leave earlier? I thought it applied in general to import players.
In general yes although I'm not sure on his birthday which is also a factor like Beaulieu.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

let's wait and see what happen with our first pick. I won't be surprise if Bergevin make a splash and trade our 1st pick and + for Huberdeau

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
let's wait and see what happen with our first pick. I won't be surprise if Bergevin make a splash and trade our 1st pick and + for Huberdeau
Since the Habs won't be able to draft Nail, that trade would please me. However, I'm skeptical that Florida would make it. Why should they? Oh, I know, trade for Radulov and throw him in with the #3 pick.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I bet which ever team takes Dumba will have him in the lineup. The kid hits like a NHL defenceman already. He's not overly big but hits like a truck. I see him kind of like Emelin for Montreal.

He's not the best player in the draft but I do think he could play in the NHL with a team like NYI or EDM and even Montreal. I'd have him in the lineup before Weber or Diaz
I know he's good but his defensive lack's a bit of refinement. He could still end up in the NHL.
They all could. But like I said I think Dumba, Galchenyuk, TT and Grigo should play one or two more minor years.
I only mentioned Murray because I don't think he would fit in well with all the D corp..in MTL

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote