HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stu Bickel

Old
05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I have compared Bickel to Strudwick. I hope they keep him around for a while as the #7 d-man/14th forward
Not a bad comparison. People don't realize just how important Sauer was to this team and how bad we miss him. He was the most solid, stay at home defenseman we have had here in a long time and if he hadn't been battling injuries his whole career, he would have been a top 15 pick like Staal and McD. He is also the perfect partner for the erstwhile Mr. Del Zotto.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Not a bad comparison. People don't realize just how important Sauer was to this team and how bad we miss him. He was the most solid, stay at home defenseman we have had here in a long time and if he hadn't been battling injuries his whole career, he would have been a top 15 pick like Staal and McD. He is also the perfect partner for the erstwhile Mr. Del Zotto.
Did he change his name?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post

They actually showed him like 2 times...And when i saw him, idef felt very very bad...the kid wants to contribute and b part of this all..yeah his names on papper,still not the same as being out there playigng....

I dont think its right what Torts is doing..I dont see
how the kid playing 8 mins a night will hurt the team

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:51 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
But, they didn't--for whatever reason. So we're stuck with Bickel. Most teams don't really play 6 defensemen anyway. And fortunately, the group playing over 25 minutes a night (most nights) is young.
I get that most teams play 5 d-men. But 3:24 in a triple overtime game is shocking.

05-04-2012, 04:52 PM
egelband

i certainly have no right to complain. torts is the coach and doing a great job. but i do like bickel and would think it makes sense to either play him more or play eminger. three mins of ice time is nearly a wasted roster spot. anyhow, i fine to leave it to torts. did bickel make any big mistakes? or did torts just decide bickel had nothing to offer?

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Leetch66

I've played a lot of hockey and other sports and on some teams when I had to pick splinters out of my derrier... I considered myself very lucky to be able to call myself a part of the team .

There is no --->I<--- in team ! Bickel is a pro...he knows his role and yes I know that he wants to play and I also know that he did not make it this far by sulking or whining about it on any other team he has been with .

When I played sports and I had to sit while better players played...I would just try and stay as sharp and as positive as I could . I would not want to be a distraction on the bench or in the room...no true teammate would do that .

NHL hockey is a team game of grown professional athletes who all get payed to perform a role on that team...and Stu Bickel knows exactly what his is at this time .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:18 PM
EEDAWGZ

If we had lost, would there be this much sympathy for Bicks? I felt bad for the guy as well , but I also want to win, he has made some boneheaded plays out there, I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself, and I'm sure he will

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Block More Shots

He's clearly struggled keeping up with Washington's speed; I don't blame Torts for not putting him out there. I don't think he looks very comfortable, to say the least.

With that being said, I hope he gets a little more playing time to show his stuff. If he continues to struggle, just start playing 5 d-men again.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:40 PM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
He's clearly struggled keeping up with Washington's speed; I don't blame Torts for not putting him out there. I don't think he looks very comfortable, to say the least.

With that being said, I hope he gets a little more playing time to show his stuff. If he continues to struggle, just start playing 5 d-men again.
Eminger?

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
Eminger?
Obviously something is wrong with him if Torts doesn't dress him over Bickel.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:21 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
I like Torts because he's not afraid to make the tough decisions. In some cases he's too tough though... We won the game however and thats all that matters. Bickle has the right to be upset over this, but if he just does what Torts asks of him the rest of the way through, I don't think he'll be sad when he's hoisting the cup. I just hope this lights a fire under Bickle rather than have it kill his confidence.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
They actually showed him like 2 times...And when i saw him, idef felt very very bad...the kid wants to contribute and b part of this all..yeah his names on papper,still not the same as being out there playigng....

I dont think its right what Torts is doing..I dont see
how the kid playing 8 mins a night will hurt the team
It has nothing to do with right----it has to do with winning. Torts is making a judgement call. Again Stu is in the lineup which says something. If he gets a ring out of this WTF! It's a hard game with hard lessons. A guy who was an AHL'er--possibly a career AHL'er gets a shot and does well but when it gets down to do or die he sits on the bench a lot. What of it? Next year--whether he's here or somewhere else--maybe he has that ring and maybe he's still in the big leagues instead of riding AHL busses. One way or another he's taken a big step forward.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:37 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I thought they might throw him out on the wing a couple of times to get his sea legs before they played him on defense. Was terribly afraid of an injury that would have cut Rangers to 4 defensemen.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:08 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
he's getting more ice time today

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
he's getting more ice time today
Would be hard to get less.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

And he let knuble barrel his way to the net and almost score. That will be the end of him today. He is brutal.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:29 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

He's garbage, but so is Stralman. I really hope Erixon and McIlrath develop.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:21 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Stu's gonna have a hard time living down that caps game!

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote