HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Gm#3 5/3/12, KINGS beat BLUES 4-2, lead series 3-0 ...

Old
05-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
That was an awesome video!

Brought me chills seeing the purple and gold.
I want to see the video!

Bring it KingsVision!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:17 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Keep rolling you guys! I want to see the duel of the deserts!!!
That would be awesome.

Especially after all the hate the pacific got when NSH, DET and CHI finished with more points than the pacific winner.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:21 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
For those of us that were at the game, how about the opening before the Kings came out for the first period? Right at the point where they would normally show the guys coming out of the locker room on the jumbotron, they showed first a clip of one of the purple and gold teams walking out, then cut to Gretzky leading out the black and silver Kings, then finally cut to the live shot of Quick leading the boys down the tunnel. I had shivers up and down my spine.

If they did that in the previous games, I didn't see it. It was incredible.
You describing that sent chills down my spine as well.

I keep buying tickets to game 6 in hopes of seeing a closeout game! Not a chance I can go Sunday but I'm certainly getting game 4 tickets to the wcf, not screwing around anymore.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

This is just something I've noticed, but at least on these boards I was far more impressed with the Vancouver fans as opposed to the St Louis fans. At least after game 2 and 3 of the QF, a good number of Nucks fans were giving the Kings credit. We are now up 3-0 on the Blues, and there are only a few Blues fans who are giving the Kings any credit at all. And then there are some Blues fans giving the Kings marginal credit at best. I was taken by surprise at the number of Nucks fans who are actually rooting for the Kings after the QF. Lots of class there.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Kings man 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I want to see the video!

Bring it KingsVision!
I wanna see that too, if anybody has a You -Tube or link for it please post it.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
This is just something I've noticed, but at least on these boards I was far more impressed with the Vancouver fans as opposed to the St Louis fans. At least after game 2 and 3 of the QF, a good number of Nucks fans were giving the Kings credit. We are now up 3-0 on the Blues, and there are only a few Blues fans who are giving the Kings any credit at all. And then there are some Blues fans giving the Kings marginal credit at best. I was taken by surprise at the number of Nucks fans who are actually rooting for the Kings after the QF. Lots of class there.
Totally right.

And let's face it, the Kings are winning by playing good playoff hockey (so good it makes Sutter jealous!); ergo it can be said that no matter their disposition, Nuck fan base has smarter hockey fans.

It's no wonder, the last few years the Nucks fans' team has more playoff games and wins than us and STL combined.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
That was an awesome video!

Brought me chills seeing the purple and gold.

OT: we were guessing that there were likey less than 80 Blues fans there last night...? From where we sat in 314, we could only see 3 or 4 Blues jerseys over 5 or 6 sections.
We really need to bring back our purple and gold. I have grown to like the new jerseys, but for a team that has been in the league for as long as we have, we shouldn't be trying to change our image so much. I know they are trying to create a new culture and identity, but this is who we are and where we come from. Purple and gold are unique and ubiquitous with Los Angeles.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:03 PM
SCARFACE909

Anyone else kind of concerned that Nashville will tie their series up tonight and if Kings win Sunday they'll have a long layoff in waiting for the Phoenix-Nashville series? That could really hurt them since they're firing on all cylinders. They'd want to get to the next series ASAP and not have to wait.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Anyone else kind of concerned that Nashville will tie their series up tonight and if Kings win Sunday they'll have a long layoff in waiting for the Phoenix-Nashville series? That could really hurt them since they're firing on all cylinders. They'd want to get to the next series ASAP and not have to wait.
They will have to wait no matter what. Unless the Devils and Rangers win the next two games in their series.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Dustin Brown addressed this concern. KingsVision posted the interview HERE. It's good to have a lot of time to rest up. These series' are brutal. With the physical play the Kings are engaging in, it's in their advantage to rest, and not in the opposition's favor to be banged up when starting a series with the Kings.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
Dustin Brown addressed this concern. KingsVision posted the interview HERE. It's good to have a lot of time to rest up. These series' are brutal. With the physical play the Kings are engaging in, it's in their advantage to rest, and not in the opposition's favor to be banged up when starting a series with the Kings.
Thanks for the link!

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:40 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
That would be awesome.

Especially after all the hate the pacific got when NSH, DET and CHI finished with more points than the pacific winner.
Kings are looking intimidating so far thru the the Nucks and up on the Blues, and they were just 1 point short of Phx in the regular season so Det & Chicago got nothing to talk about & hopefully NASH & STL will join them soon enough.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:42 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
No.. Rest trumps everything. It's a marathon. There are banged up bodies that can use the break. It begins to matter the deeper you go in the playoffs when you've played several fewer games than your opponent. Having more in the tank is never a bad thing.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:11 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
No.. Rest trumps everything. It's a marathon. There are banged up bodies that can use the break. It begins to matter the deeper you go in the playoffs when you've played several fewer games than your opponent. Having more in the tank is never a bad thing.
Totally agree. It might be different if there was a two-three week layoff, but one week is not long enough for oxidation to occur in the players heads or muscles.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Nevermind, Kings Vision has a thread! Delete!

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:46 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Kings are looking intimidating so far thru the the Nucks and up on the Blues, and they were just 1 point short of Phx in the regular season so Det & Chicago got nothing to talk about & hopefully NASH & STL will join them soon enough.
It's kind of interesting that you bring the standings up. Obviously, I'm more sensitive to Kings commentary, but are commentators saying at all that the Coyotes or even the Sharks sneaked into the playoffs like they're all saying about the Kings? No doubt they see the #8 seed and think that, but it's funny because the Kings actually qualified for the playoffs before any Pacific division team, yet finished 8th because the Yotes and Sharks won out in the end.

Good luck versus the Preds. If the Kings finish off the Blues, I'm not really looking forward to a matchup with either of those teams. Playoff matchups between divisional foes always make me more nervous as well!

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:54 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I think Nashville and Phoenix are going to at least 6 or 7 games, so the Kings may get a 6 or 7 day break if they win on Sunday.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:30 PM
MsWoof

I've been listening to TSN radio and the Fan here in Toronto and many of the people on the shows are saying the Kings are the favourites. Lots of compliments on the way they're playing from Quick on out.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:45 PM
ouendan1

not really sure where to put it and I didn't want to start my own thread.

But I keep hearing attendance as standing room only, if that's the case, how do they sell standing room only tickets? Can you only get those at the box office, and where do they put the people?

ouendan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:13 PM
KingsKnight
June 11-12 13-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouendan1 View Post
not really sure where to put it and I didn't want to start my own thread.

But I keep hearing attendance as standing room only, if that's the case, how do they sell standing room only tickets? Can you only get those at the box office, and where do they put the people?
I'm assuming it means the luxury boxes are full up. I think they announced a sellout number of over 200 people more than the usual 18,118.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:18 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Great article. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...medium=twitter

Old
05-04-2012, 07:20 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I'm assuming it means the luxury boxes are full up. I think they announced a sellout number of over 200 people more than the usual 18,118.
That's right. luxury box owners can get at least 10 standing room only tickets (there are bar chairs and sofas in the suites those SROs can sit in.)

Old
05-04-2012, 08:22 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Local ratings are getting better (albeit from anemic to less so). It'll be interesting to see how these increase as time goes on.

Locally, game 3 set a new record in Los Angeles, drawing a 2.0 rating, which was up 142% from Game 1 (0.8). The numbers for St. Louis were not available.

Each local rating point represents approx. 78,000 homes.

Old
05-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kings can end it Sunday and Phoenix can end it on Monday. Both playing at home.

Hopefully both get it done.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:24 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Local ratings are getting better (albeit from anemic to less so). It'll be interesting to see how these increase as time goes on.

Locally, game 3 set a new record in Los Angeles, drawing a 2.0 rating, which was up 142% from Game 1 (0.8). The numbers for St. Louis were not available.

Each local rating point represents approx. 78,000 homes.
The Kings need to make the Finals for the majority of people in LA to care. the Lakers are in the playoff's, so are the Clippers. The Dodgers are off to a really good start.

At least that is what I would think.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote