HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we Boo?

Old
05-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Filip Forceberg
Heavily Moderated

vCash: 500
Why the hell would you boo?

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I won't boo, but I won't cheer either. I didn't cheer for Rads in his first game and it took me 5 or so games to start. Now I'm back to that place, I will cheer for him a few games down the line (if we make it that far) after the "sting" has subsided a little.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
29dryden29

You boo them and their lazy disrespectful azzes out of the barn. If we can boo Price and Cole and Paches etc you can surely boo Rads and AK and for AK it won't be anything new he has heard lots of it in Montreal.

29dryden29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
You boo them and their lazy disrespectful azzes out of the barn. If we can boo Price and Cole and Paches etc you can surely boo Rads and AK and for AK it won't be anything new he has heard lots of it in Montreal.
Montreal is notorious for booing its own players. Nashville is not Montreal, nor should it strive to be.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Juneemoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Well now you have your answer. Whatever this guy recommends, you just do the opposite and you should be fine.

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:01 PM
maplepred

So are the two Russian boozers in the lineup or what?

I will be pissed if they are and tootoo and Hali have to sit after their marvelous games Wednesday, they have been here and got us here all year with their sweat and blood, they both played great last game, we won, they deserve to be in the lineup.

I would not want to boo any predators, but I'm more apt to want to boo them if Hali and toots have to sit after working their butts off and getting us a w last game. Sit yip if anyone.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
K3V1N

No "boo". Respect coach's decision if he decides to let them play.

K3V1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

would not boo them. almost as nieve as our stadium yelling "SHOOOOOOT" during the whole PP. I think the guys on the ice know what theyre doing, lol.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Well, since they're not playing, the answer is definitely "no."

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:23 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
would not boo them. almost as nieve as our stadium yelling "SHOOOOOOT" during the whole PP. I think the guys on the ice know what theyre doing, lol.
Yeah, I agree.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:27 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

OK, they'll not playing tonite. Why?

There's the "Dance with the one that brung ya" reason. Don't change the line-up after a win. This begs the question, is Trotz saying we're a better team without them, regardless of the late night mischief? Doesn't make sense unless he thinks they'll play like Rads did in Game 2. However, given the success of Game 3 and a mandate to play Predator Hockey, odds are Rads and AK46 would be busting it to prove their worth. Given that, aren't we a better team with them on the ice?

There's the "More punishment for letting the team down" reason. This one actually makes more sense than the other. There is no magic amount of games for atonement. Maybe 2 games gets thru to them more than 1. For the same reason they sat in Game 3, they sit in Game 4. Some may say too excessive, but at least its consistent.

Then there's the "There's something else going on here" reason. This is where I land. I think the coaching staff has been building resentment toward both guys over the past few weeks. Rads fell into carrying the puck all over the place trying to get open for a shot, and not playing a team game. AK46 would disappear for long periods of time. Much like his brother. The rule violation allowed the staff to do what they probably wanted to do earlier because they weren't getting thru to them. They've rationalized that against this particular opponent, we're just as good (worse on the PP, better even), so why not use this opportunity to send the strongest message possible.

The shame here is, we've dumb ed down our team toward one dimensional Pred Hockey when we have the guns to do that AND match talent for talent when we have to. It scares me we've kidded ourselves into thinking Game 3 is a prototype for everything we want to be. We scored two freak goals, and they hit a few posts.

Are we going to feel good if we lose tonite and we didn't put our best team on the ice? Clearly, our best team includes these guys, AND have them hustling and scoring like they did down the stretch of the regular season and in the first series.

Trotz is open to second guessing either way if we lose. If we win, as in Game 3, he'll have been right. However, it's not about how his decision will be perceived, its about winning the game. We all hailed Poile for "going for it" at the deadline. We've just taken two bullets out of the chamber.

ain't the drama grand.

Well, at least there will be no booing tonite.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Ive been saying for at least two weeks now that if Radulov isnt going to play like a sniper, if he just wants to stickhandle and try to pass, then he's no better than Erat or SK.

i fully support this move by trotz, I just hope the hell we win or else this move will unjustly get the blame.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote