HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buf/Col trade idea

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2003, 09:00 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Buf/Col trade idea

There were 2 avs scouts at the sabres/lightning game last night, and there have been rumors of lacroix interested in biron, while noronen has been getting the majority of starts lately, also there have been rumblings that mckee is not getting along with ruff so here we go:

to col: biron & mckee

to buf: tanguay & skoula

the classic avs package, i don't want to deal tanguay, however the sabres already have lots of young guys and prospects so the avs would have to deal roster players, skoula value has dropped so bad that he has to packaged with better players or else he is not bringing back anything valuable.

i am pretty sure the sabres would jump on this due to tanguay's stellar play, but would avs fans/gm think that the upgrade on d and in net would be worth the loss of tanguay?

Old
11-23-2003, 09:20 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
N O!

iv seen this trade a million times, McKee is our most solid defensman, and Biron is Still our Starter.

skoula is an average defenseman on a good day, and tanguay is not someone the avs would get rid of.

N O!

Old
11-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
The upgrade from Aebischer to Biron, which is minimal, isn't worth Tanguay. McKee's trade value is probably close to Skoula right now with the awful year he's having and the knee injury. That said, the Sabres would have the worst D in the league if they swapped McKee for Skoula. No-go from either side.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
The upgrade from Aebischer to Biron, which is minimal, isn't worth Tanguay from Colorado's perspective. McKee's trade value is dropping close to Skoula right now with the awful year he's having and the knee injury. I'd probably do it if I were Regier but a big no from Colorado.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Yayo

I don't think the Avalanche would do this trade...Biron isn't any better than Aebischer, IMO.

Old
11-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Drury_Sakic

uhm...

Tanguay is tied for the league lead in points, without Foppa helping him...

Abby has played well to this point so the Avs really have no need(for right now) to make what may be either a minor upgrade or perhaps downgrade in Biron...

Old
11-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
N O!

iv seen this trade a million times, McKee is our most solid defensman, and Biron is Still our Starter.

skoula is an average defenseman on a good day, and tanguay is not someone the avs would get rid of.

N O!

McKee's no longer our most solid defenseman, I'd put Zhitnik and Fitzpatrick ahead of him, maybe even Patrick too and Biron's not the starter, there is still no number one on this team. I'd consider this deal but from what the Avs fans think of Skoula I'm not sure I'd go through with it. I'd be more interested in replacing him with a lesser profile defenseman and a pick/prospect.

Old
11-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
There were 2 avs scouts at the sabres/lightning game last night, and there have been rumors of lacroix interested in biron, while noronen has been getting the majority of starts lately, also there have been rumblings that mckee is not getting along with ruff so here we go:

the classic avs package, i don't want to deal tanguay, however the sabres already have lots of young guys and prospects so the avs would have to deal roster players, skoula value has dropped so bad that he has to packaged with better players or else he is not bringing back anything valuable.

i am pretty sure the sabres would jump on this due to tanguay's stellar play, but would avs fans/gm think that the upgrade on d and in net would be worth the loss of tanguay?
I don't think this particular variation of the Biron-to-Colorado proposal makes sense anymore now that Tanguay is playing so well. True, with Konowalchuk, the Avs have seven forwards (when all healthy) capable of playing on their top two lines.

But Biron isn't playing better than Aebischer right now. I don't know... I just think Biron to Colorado briefs well, but won't be done.

Old
11-23-2003, 10:59 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
McKee's no longer our most solid defenseman, I'd put Zhitnik and Fitzpatrick ahead of him, maybe even Patrick too and Biron's not the starter, there is still no number one on this team. I'd consider this deal but from what the Avs fans think of Skoula I'm not sure I'd go through with it. I'd be more interested in replacing him with a lesser profile defenseman and a pick/prospect.
skoula is ****. not worth it. Biron is excellent against the league's best, and noronen is solid player in general. Biron is our starter and has played like that, more consistancy, better goaltending. noronen is doing alrite, tho i hope Ruff puts him in next game, the REAL test.

Old
11-23-2003, 11:43 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
that deal is disgusting, biron isn't worth anything to bring him to denver

Closed Thread