HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Anyone else in a playoff daze right now?

Old
05-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
I've got some news for everyone ...

as long time suffering Kings fans, we're so used to disappointment, heartbreak, ridicule from others ... well ... we're going to have to get used to some NEW feelings, like JOY, HAPPINESS, PRIDE, RESPECT, ADMIRATION

We've never had to deal with that before ... but get used to it Kings fans we've earned it and deserve it. Now we may not WIN the CUP this season ... though you never know ... but we're going to be a FORCE in the HOCKEY WORLD for some time.

SO PUT ON YOUR HAPPY FACE KINGS FANS ... walk out in public and wear your colors proud !
... and instead of getting crap from some snot nose kid yelling "Kings suck", expect to have people say "Hey man, Kings ... RIGHT ON, they rock, good luck man".

BE PROUD ... you're a KINGS FAN ! ... BE HAPPY ! IT's A GREAT DAY !

Last edited by Puck U: 05-06-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:22 PM
MollerManor

This is one of those moments that I forsee is going to come and go and I am already looking back on. Its like it already happened and I am trying to figure out a way to stop and enjoy things.

I'm constantly seeing us in circumstances where I know what we usually do every time (aka f up) and some how come out of it scott clean. But I am still waiting for the moment:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d0a_1335247711

I don't want to crash.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

I'll certainly feel a lot better when we've gotten to the WCF.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Very interesting thread...

I've had some thoughts/feelings as well in that I worry that I will be somewhat bummed if the Kings actually won the cup. Reason being, I wasn't prepared for them to have this success so soon and I worry that if they win the cup now, we'll never see it again in our lifetime! Ha...it's so stupid, I know. This is crazy though....and I already know that I would be in absolute tears when they do win the cup.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:44 PM
took420s

i think the strangest part is how they haven't just won, they have been dominating. after round 1 i just told myself, "we got lucky the nucks were in disarray...the Blues will put up a real fight".

now here we are 3-0, total Blues domination.

-its not luck, its not matchups...this team is this good.
-this coach has this team prepared to be this good.
-this GM put together this team together to be this good.

i wonder how those few ultra cynical (we all know who) fans feel about this now? are they happy for their team, or embarrassed for how wrong they were about the players, GM, new coach, etc that they bashed mercilessly after every loss? do they let their pride (in their now obviously wrong opinion of all this) prevent them from enjoying it in public with all of us? do they cheer alone rather than own up to being wrong and come back to the rest of us who have suffered right along with them for so many years?

i have been a big DB hater to my friends, it felt so good to let go of the "hate" and admit how wrong i was in order to enjoy the ride our captain has lead us on.

there is no shame in letting the futility get to you after all those years...unless it prevents you from being happy for them and us now.

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:57 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

I only have one question - Where the **** was this dominating team all season?

I couldn't be more thrilled, but I also have seen too many deserving, dominating teams go down in flames when it was least expected. I have to reserve my elation until they win 9 more games.

P.S. It sucks to be 2,300 miles and 3 time zones away - save me a front row seat for the parade.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I only have one question - Where the **** was this dominating team all season?

I couldn't be more thrilled, but I also have seen too many deserving, dominating teams go down in flames when it was least expected. I have to reserve my elation until they win 9 more games.

P.S. It sucks to be 2,300 miles and 3 time zones away - save me a front row seat for the parade.
If you are that far away I assume your location is not Lake Forest, CA.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:53 PM
drbob

great new article gives Kings props:

This author hits the nail on the head about our Kings, who, in my opinion, will beat either Phoenix or Nashville to get to the Finals, and there we will beat the Eastern team, probably Rangers although I wish it would be Philly, in 6 games:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/la-king...0liWEhS;_ylv=3

drbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:55 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
If you are that far away I assume your location is not Lake Forest, CA.
I've been doing contract work for the Feds in Charlotte, NC for the last 5 months. It was supposed to be 2 weeks and then working in Pasadena, but you know how that goes...

The 2 favorite sports here are Carolina basketball and uhhhhhh... - OK, make that one favorite sport. It's tough to get a sports bar to put the Kings game on one out of 50 TVs

Old
05-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I've been doing contract work for the Feds in Charlotte, NC for the last 5 months. It was supposed to be 2 weeks and then working in Pasadena, but you know how that goes...

The 2 favorite sports here are Carolina basketball and uhhhhhh... - OK, make that one favorite sport. It's tough to get a sports bar to put the Kings game on one out of 50 TVs
What a small world, I am about a 45 minute drive from Charlotte. I have been here for about 4 years, so believe me I know about how hard it is to see Kings hockey.

Old
05-04-2012, 08:06 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
After every game I wind up texting my best friend the same things..."is this really my team?" "I can't believe that they're doing this." Just...steamrolling. Blowing through the opposition. I look at the rest of the league and I don't see a team that I'm confident in beating us. I don't think Nashville or Phoenix can handle us in the third round (although I think a PHX/LA series will wind up being very entertaining). And then I think again..."is this really MY team?" I just start...smiling. I said after round 1 that the change in thought process from, "I dunno, I sure hope they can do this but I just don't know," to, "I freaking KNOW they can do this," is a really unique feeling for me as a Kings fan and sports fan in general.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I'm almost waiting for them to screw up and I hate that thinking. I was never like that till this season. It's hard not to enjoy the winning, but in the back of my head..I'm just waiting till they lose. I think it's easier to deal with thinbgs that way. Fml.
Exactly my thoughts. I keep thinking when is it all going to come crashing down?

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:28 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
What a small world, I am about a 45 minute drive from Charlotte. I have been here for about 4 years, so believe me I know about how hard it is to see Kings hockey.
"Race City" as in Concord? They have us staying at the Residence Inn about 1 mile from Charlotte Motor Speedway

Old
05-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
"Race City" as in Concord? They have us staying at the Residence Inn about 1 mile from Charlotte Motor Speedway
Actually "Race City" is Mooresville, just a bit further north of Concord. When the Kings get to the finals we might have to meet up.

Old
05-04-2012, 09:02 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

sorry to invade your thread, but to the original posters comments, thats is exactly how I felt last year watching my bruins, each game was a emotionally draining experience, but was just so much fun. And then to win the cup after going through all the ups and downs, I was in complete shock.Good luck the rest of the way, and I know many of the bruins fans are rooting for you guys all the way.

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I'm almost waiting for them to screw up and I hate that thinking. I was never like that till this season. It's hard not to enjoy the winning, but in the back of my head..I'm just waiting till they lose. I think it's easier to deal with thinbgs that way. Fml.
Don't WORRY we GOT THIS ...

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
What if the kings lose to Phoenix?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:32 PM
JDeuce23

I'm not a betting man, but I would have wagered a substantial amount of money against the Kings winning seven of their first eight playoff games ...especially after having watched the maddeningly inefficient offense continue going scoreless night after night in the regular season.

Maybe this is simply a matter of the team peaking at the right time. And man, did they ever pick the right time to do so. Hell, even making the playoffs wasn't a certainty as late as the last week of the regular season...

For some reason, I'm 100% confident the Kings will have no problems beating the Coyotes. The bottom seems more likely to fall out on Phoenix than LA...and that isn't homerism speaking. Phoenix seems to be winning by good fortune more than strong play. I'm liking a Kings-Rangers finals...and that would be an awfully tough one to call.

JDeuce23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:36 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This doesn't even compare to 1993. This team is young and only going to get better even as these playoffs continue. In 1993 I was always wondering when the wheels were going to come off when it came to goaltending.

Every OT game in the Finals it was like the Montreal players just checked with Roy and he was "Yeah, I got this."
Yeah, friggin Roy.

I agree though, this team, it's not some magical, last-gas-in-the-tank run that ended up setting the team up for a decade of failure. This team is young enough to start to continue this level for the next several years, longer if DL and Co. play their cards right.

At a time like this, I think of posters like Ron. I have been a Kings fan since Gretzky got here, carried away in the hype an 11-year-old gets watching his favorite player move to LA. I have been a Kings fan for 24 years as a result, and in the last 19 years I have seen two playoff series wins, including the one this year. It's been tough and frustrating and hard to defend at times being a Kings fan. I couldn't imagine two addition decades of that frustration.

So for Ron and the rest of the originals/early years crew, I hope the Kings wrap up the Blues on Sunday and give you guys the first ever sweep in team history and go on to win the cup. I don't want us to be the Chicago Cubs, but the only thing worse than bering the Cubs is being a fan of the Cubs, to forever watch the team but never see a championship.

To that extent, even more than for the guys like Ron, I am pulling for them to win this cup for Bob, the faithful play-by-play guy who has seen far to much poor play, losses and low finishes.

So for Ron and Bob, Go Kings Go!!!!!!

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:38 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
What if the kings lose to Phoenix?
What if? It would suck, but at the same time who is going to say this season wasn't a success, and that we are poised to be a serious threat for several more years with a core that will be fully intatc, assuming Quick is resigned.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

You know the kings have "arrived" in the playoffs when they get so much hate on the main boards. Some of those threads are hilarious.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:40 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
You know the kings have "arrived" in the playoffs when they get so much hate on the main boards. Some of those threads are hilarious.
Gotta love that almost none of those threads were started by Kings fans.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Gotta love that almost none of those threads were started by Kings fans.
But the kings are boring because they don't score enough even though they are third in the playoffs in goals.

Surprised how many are calling the kings boring. I can see the series being boring to non-fans because the kings are dominating, but that doesn't mean the kings are boring.

I think "trap" is the new misunderstood buzz word on hf. Kings don't play a trap at all. Kings are one of the most aggressive forechecking teams in the playoffs.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
What if? It would suck, but at the same time who is going to say this season wasn't a success, and that we are poised to be a serious threat for several more years with a core that will be fully intatc, assuming Quick is resigned.
Yeah, no ****. We weren't even supposed to win against Vancouver. Didn't all the "experts" say Nucks in 5 or 6?

Old
05-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
But the kings are boring because they don't score enough even though they are third in the playoffs in goals.

Surprised how many are calling the kings boring. I can see the series being boring to non-fans because the kings are dominating, but that doesn't mean the kings are boring.

I think "trap" is the new misunderstood buzz word on hf. Kings don't play a trap at all. Kings are one of the most aggressive forechecking teams in the playoffs.
Yup, I've been fighting the good fight on the main boards. But there is just no reasoning with some people. I ask for specifics on why they think the Kings play is "boring." And....crickets.

Yeah, we're "traping" opposing teams with good solid hockey. But somehow, that's now boring.

Last edited by Nefarious: 05-05-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: added the TRAP!