HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Around the NHL 2012 Postseason/Offseason

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2012, 06:31 PM
  #101
ZDH
Registered User
 
ZDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
If the Preds do end up losing, how much did it cost them to lose in the second round? All those trades and all it got them was another second round exit.

It will look even worse if the players they traded for dont stay with the team.

Hopefully it ends up being the worst case scenario. If there was a god, i would pray to him/her every day for the Preds to never have any success......right after my prayer for the Sharks.
Amen

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:55 PM
  #102
KingzOverAcez
Registered User
 
KingzOverAcez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
If the Preds do end up losing, how much did it cost them to lose in the second round? All those trades and all it got them was another second round exit.

It will look even worse if the players they traded for dont stay with the team.

Hopefully it ends up being the worst case scenario. If there was a god, i would pray to him/her every day for the Preds to never have any success......right after my prayer for the Sharks.
Gaustad and Kostitsyn most likely resign in NSH

KingzOverAcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
  #103
TorontoWingsFan
Registered User
 
TorontoWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Samoa
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I'm a Rangers fan coming in peace. I have to ask, why all the hate on the Rangers? We dont have Avery anymore, we dont have one guy that is an assh*le and every player on the team plays with heart and determination.. Blue Collar work ethic through and through. Just asking why all the Rangers hate?
I personally don't hate the Rags. Your GM is a tool, which may turn alot of people off them, but any team which has Torts and which hates Pit and makes it known is ok in my book.

TorontoWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:51 AM
  #104
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Flyers lost 4-1. My 1st thought was their goaltending cost them the game. But actually, Bryzgalov kept them in the game.
Have the Flyers lost all games when they took the lead?

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:33 AM
  #105
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Flyers lost 4-1. My 1st thought was their goaltending cost them the game. But actually, Bryzgalov kept them in the game.
Have the Flyers lost all games when they took the lead?
They are 1-3 when scoring first this post-season.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:35 PM
  #106
KingzOverAcez
Registered User
 
KingzOverAcez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Flyers lost 4-1. My 1st thought was their goaltending cost them the game. But actually, Bryzgalov kept them in the game.
Have the Flyers lost all games when they took the lead?
PHI's defense cost them the game. NJD had them chasing them around after PHI scored their 1st goal. Bryz held the fort down for as long as he could before NJD scored their 4 goals.

KingzOverAcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
  #107
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingzOverAcez View Post
Gaustad and Kostitsyn most likely resign in NSH

Where have you read this? I thought a lot of people were upset that Gaustad had lunch with the Sabres owner on the way out the door and supposedly he is going to pull the Tkachuck and just sign in Buffalo come July. I am sure Kostitsyn is also really psyched about getting benched in the post-season. He was also rumored to be heavily weighing returning to his former team.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:03 AM
  #108
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
The Preds got outshot, won the game.
I wonder if each time the Preds got outshot they won, while when they outshot opponent, they lost.

Another low scoring game RAngers Caps.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:11 PM
  #109
Kiddington
heehats
 
Kiddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
I can't believe the Devils could actually be making a run at it this year. And the funny thing is, Brodeur is having almost nothing to do with it. Sure he's been solid a couple of times, but his raging inconsistency as a whole (IE again tonight) is almost Bryzgalov-like.

On another note, I've often wondered what this would do to our chances of netting Parise if they actually did make a Cup run (not that the chances are all that great anyway, but I digress). Giving their financial situation, they really don't have the cash to bring him back on a big-money deal. Hometown discount? Eh... so many variables.

Just wish Philly would get it together and finish them off, and thus, one less potential roadblock.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:54 PM
  #110
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 6,462
vCash: 500
i can't recall a team getting as many soft goals going their way than the flyers have had in the first 2 rounds

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:29 AM
  #111
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
So the Kings are 3-0. They are as good as ready for the CFs. Who would have thought so?
I hope the Flyers beat the Devils. And the Coyotes Preds.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:11 AM
  #112
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
I really hope L.A wins the cup

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:25 PM
  #113
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddington View Post
I can't believe the Devils could actually be making a run at it this year. And the funny thing is, Brodeur is having almost nothing to do with it. Sure he's been solid a couple of times, but his raging inconsistency as a whole (IE again tonight) is almost Bryzgalov-like.

On another note, I've often wondered what this would do to our chances of netting Parise if they actually did make a Cup run (not that the chances are all that great anyway, but I digress). Giving their financial situation, they really don't have the cash to bring him back on a big-money deal. Hometown discount? Eh... so many variables.

Just wish Philly would get it together and finish them off, and thus, one less potential roadblock.
I sort of agree, but Brodeur was the best player for New Jersey in both potential elimination games in the first round. So they are sitting home without him.

I think if New Jersey wins Parise still leaves, because Marty uses it to walk anyway. Parise just doesn't seem that interested in staying, he says the right things but he could have signed and really should have if he believed any of the pc comments he has said.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:13 PM
  #114
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,159
vCash: 500
I think the Preds made the wrong decision in sitting AK46 and Radulov again.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:46 PM
  #115
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,808
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I think the Preds made the wrong decision in sitting AK46 and Radulov again.
I agree with you. Rinne has been keeping them in this game.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:10 PM
  #116
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I agree with you. Rinne has been keeping them in this game.
Game over

Preds lose 1-0

Trotz looks like an idiot now.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:15 PM
  #117
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,808
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Game over

Preds lose 1-0

Trotz looks like an idiot now.
It was a ballsy move. He stuck his neck, or lack thereof (), on the line. It backfired though.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:36 AM
  #118
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
So Coyotes win 1-0 and lead the series 3-1.
Coyotes>Preds>Wings ?

So The Preds won the cup after beating the Wings, now they look ....
They outshot the Yotes and lost. I believe the Preds lost each time they outshot the opponent these playoffs.

Did you see the lone/winning goals? Bounced twice off of the Preds players before it went in.
Lucky bounces do not matter? Eh.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:33 AM
  #119
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
So Coyotes win 1-0 and lead the series 3-1.
Coyotes>Preds>Wings ?

So The Preds won the cup after beating the Wings, now they look ....
They outshot the Yotes and lost. I believe the Preds lost each time they outshot the opponent these playoffs.

Did you see the lone/winning goals? Bounced twice off of the Preds players before it went in.
Lucky bounces do not matter? Eh.
Could be wrong but didn't the Preds have more shots in the decisive game 5?

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:49 AM
  #120
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 6,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
So Coyotes win 1-0 and lead the series 3-1.
Coyotes>Preds>Wings ?

So The Preds won the cup after beating the Wings, now they look ....
They outshot the Yotes and lost. I believe the Preds lost each time they outshot the opponent these playoffs.

Did you see the lone/winning goals? Bounced twice off of the Preds players before it went in.
Lucky bounces do not matter? Eh.
yup. it's been the complete opposite for the preds in this series. they're the ones getting all the bad bounces and facing a hot goalie

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:33 PM
  #121
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Could be wrong but didn't the Preds have more shots in the decisive game 5?
They did. I did not check it, it was just of the top of my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
yup. it's been the complete opposite for the preds in this series. they're the ones getting all the bad bounces and facing a hot goalie
I love the way they are losing.
The Preds won 2-0, then the Yotes won 1-0.
This is the way the Wings had to play to win, low/very low scoring games. But Babcock did not prepare them for this.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:53 PM
  #122
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,808
vCash: 545
How about those Kings?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:53 PM
  #123
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
How about those Kings?
Shhhhhhhhh. You'll just encourage that guy who keeps making Kings posts.

And don't look now, but NJ is dangerously close to putting Philly down 3-1 in the series. Doesn't Philly understand we want NJ to have a really disappointing playoffs?!?

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:32 PM
  #124
Kiddington
heehats
 
Kiddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
And don't look now, but NJ is dangerously close to putting Philly down 3-1 in the series. Doesn't Philly understand we want NJ to have a really disappointing playoffs?!?


Philly is unbelievably terrible when they're playing with a lead, though. Haven't they lost all but one game in the playoffs so far when scoring first? I mean, that's just...

Jersey, on the other hand, is looking like a serious Cup threat right now. Not quite sure what to make of that.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:42 PM
  #125
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,808
vCash: 545
Dear Lord,

Please, please let New Jersey flame out.

Amen.


SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.