HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Live and Let Die" - Coyotes @ Predators 5/4: 6:30pm Central Time ‎

Old
05-04-2012, 11:12 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Pred View Post
Are you listening to Trotz now?
For those of us that can't hear it (myself included) please update us what he's saying.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Erik Estrada

Glennonsports (twitter)...

Trotz: There will be changes in the lineup next game.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:13 PM
NoNecksCurse

my only complaints against trotz ....

1) yip on the PP... nuff said
2) waiting till we are desperate for a goal to switch the lines (wilson with fisher and erat)
3) not flipping **** and staying so calm lol

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Fuelled by Passion

What's the story about awful defensive play by Rads and especially AK-46?
Some people just look on the last-name not on the way they play.
Stats:
15 hits (5-th on team) 2-nd after 7 games
5 Take-aways
1 Give-away (best positive ratio on team shared with Spaling after 7 games, shared with Erat after 9)
+3
I wouldn't call it bad defensive play or tons of turn-overs that supposedly would be created like M.Crowford suggested on TSN.
Yes they could score, but they didn't. To win tho you need to score

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Bongo

Uphill it is.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Glennonsports (twitter)...

Trotz: There will be changes in the lineup next game.
LOL .. so trotz is pretty much saying I screwed up

Old
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Stats:
5 Take-aways
1 Give-away (best positive ratio on team shared with Spaling after 7 games, shared with Erat after 9)
+3
I wouldn't call it bad defensive play or tons of turn-overs that supposedly would be created like M.Crowford suggested on TSN.
If the Preds follows Keith Jones' advice, they'll lose. Keith Jones is not your friend.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
LOL .. so trotz is pretty much saying I screwed up
Not really. I wager if this line-up had won again tonight, that we would have seen 46 and 47 in the press box again. Whatever line-up gets the job done is the one that goes on to next game. He doesn't mention any specific changes either, so, who knows what he's got planned.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:18 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Not sure what you have against the Russian speakers but the point hasn't been explained was why do you tell everyone what your plan is going to be. Where was Tootoo by the way? I could hardly hear his name announced this game.
If you believe Preds did everything right - that's your opinion. My view early on was that Trotz made a strategic mistake by giving away our plans. You don't do that. Keep the Yotes on their toes trying to figure out who we play.
I watched the game and all the chances we missed. My point again, is that we didn't have the right skill on the ice to FINISH the plays in their net.
You complain over and over ... yet no lineup you think should have been used. Toots is a 4th liner, comparing him to top 3/6 is ridiculous.

Snivel, moan, fail to have a different plan.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Stats:
5 Take-aways
+3
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the Preds have only conceeded one goal in the playoffs this year when AK is on the ice. Now obviously that isn't entirely down to him, but the Preds have done pretty well when he has been on the ice and he has played his part in that. He hasn't been creating fires on the ice that his teammates have had to put out and has helped correct some of the errors some of his teammates have made (that Weber giveaway against Detroit deep in the defensive zone comes to mind).

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
For those of us that can't hear it (myself included) please update us what he's saying.
- "Yip gave us a better chance to win than Radulov"
- "Sergie has done nothing for us the last 20 games but I do like how his hair flows in the wind"
- "Predator hockey"
- "Scoring goals is overrated in hockey"
- "The catfish chick played better last game"

Will keep you updated.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
OK Keith Jones.

Radulov was actually decent defensively vs Detriot. He wasn't that good in game 2 but either was a loooong list of Predators. Some who made much worse mistakes than Radulov.

If there's any scape goat for games 1 and 2, it's Rinne. He wasn't horrible, but he wasn't a 7 million dollar goalie.
The last good backcheck by Radulov was around his 3rd or 4th game back. That leaves 5 or so regular season games, plus the playoffs since he played "Predators hockey".

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
When have I ever kicked my own fans when we're down?
Well we just lost a playoff game, and you respond with any negative post with a weird picture, or avatar comment, pretty much antagonizing to the point that other posters are saying that's it's about to be a fight like Gaustad and Chipchura.

I thought that mods were supposed to be above that.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Something along the lines that Wilson had more points that Rads and that's why he played when he played. I like Wilson in the line-up but what how come Trotz didn't play him before? I mean he has been sitting Wilson for the entire the playoffs until game 3 and 4. So if you gonna justify your decision don't bring Wilson up all of a sudden. Trotz made a mistake - plain and simple. The org made the right decision for game 3 but after that you go back to winning the cup with the best talent you have. Why did they acquire AK in the first place? Why did we work so hard to get Rads? Because they are world class hockey players. Did they eff up with their bar hoping excursion - sure they did. Did they get punished - they sure did. So if you're Trotz, put the best skilled team on ice against the Yotes.

Russian Pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:21 PM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
my only complaints against trotz ....

1) yip on the PP... nuff said
2) waiting till we are desperate for a goal to switch the lines (wilson with fisher and erat)
3) not flipping **** and staying so calm lol
4) Letting Legwand continue to take the final draws after he lost to Boyd over and over again.

I still would have had Gaustad take those draws. I don't care if he isn't offensive we need the puck first and he had Yip out there at the end of the game.

INDhockeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:23 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Well we just lost a playoff game, and you respond with any negative post with a weird picture, or avatar comment, pretty much antagonizing to the point that other posters are saying that's it's about to be a fight like Gaustad and Chipchura.

I thought that mods were supposed to be above that.
We lost a game yeah, still haven't lost the series.

Didn't realize glass half full/empty is a weird picture.

If you feel I've antagonized you feel free to report any of my posts or talk to any of the other mods. You'll notice your posts were not deleted.

Not looking to get into a fight and didn't mean to offend or antagonize you. Just was trying to remain positive throughout the loss and being down 3-1 in the series.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:24 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Something along the lines that Wilson had more points that Rads and that's why he played when he played. I like Wilson in the line-up but what how come Trotz didn't play him before? I mean he has been sitting Wilson for the entire the playoffs until game 3 and 4. So if you gonna justify your decision don't bring Wilson up all of a sudden. Trotz made a mistake - plain and simple. The org made the right decision for game 3 but after that you go back to winning the cup with the best talent you have. Why did they acquire AK in the first place? Why did we work so hard to get Rads? Because they are world class hockey players. Did they eff up with their bar hoping excursion - sure they did. Did they get punished - they sure did. So if you're Trotz, put the best skilled team on ice against the Yotes.
Thanks.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:28 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
We lost a game yeah, still haven't lost the series.

Didn't realize glass half full/empty is a weird picture.

If you feel I've antagonized you feel free to report any of my posts or talk to any of the other mods. You'll notice your posts were not deleted.

Not looking to get into a fight and didn't mean to offend or antagonize you. Just was trying to remain positive throughout the loss and being down 3-1 in the series.
Yeah, keep remaining positive and above the fray.

Quote:
Which one am I?
Quote:
Call me Goose then.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
AEM6729

Damn. This sucks.

I expect to see Toots out for Game 5; his undisciplined penalty in the 1st and bad turnover later in the game will be enough for Trotz to pull him out and put in one of AK or Radulov. Trotz will probably sit someone else to make room for the other one, I dunno who. (ETA: It should NOT be Wilson. He played his butt off tonight and deserves to be in for Game 5; actually, I'd like to see him play with either AK or Rads and see what he can do with an actual skilled player on his line.)

That negated goal really, really hurts. I'm not one to complain too much about the officiating, but ****, how many goals have been taken away from us due to refs' quick whistles this series? Three? A few things really annoy me about the whole situation:

1. The quick whistle. Shouldn't there be some certain amount of time the puck needs to be frozen/you lose sight of it before you blow the whistle? Shouldn't you, as the ref, be positioned right behind the net during scrums like this so you give yourself half a chance to see what's going on?

2. The total lack of an explanation afterwards. Why the hell do you wear a microphone if all you're gonna say is "After further review, the call on the ice stands: no goal"?! I can deduce as much based on your hand motion when you hang up the phone. You wear a microphone in order to explain to fans WHY something is or is not a goal. WTF?!

3. The different stories the league gave vs. what Trotz was told on the bench. Apparently Toronto sent the Predators an e-mail saying they initiated a review because the puck went in, but they were told by the ref on the ice that he had blown the whistle, which is unreviewable. But what Trotz was told is that the goal didn't count because Hornqvist pushed the goalie into the net. I realize both of those things are unreviewable so it doesn't really matter, but it just makes the ref sound like he has no integrity...either it's not a goal because you blew the whistle, or it's not a goal because it's goalie interference, pick one. It seems like sometimes what refs really mean is "I waved my arms 'no goal' on the ice and I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually don't know what happened so I'm just gonna make some **** up".

Ugh. This one hurts. Still think we could push it to 6 games, and once that happens, if you can get to Game 7 it's anyone's series. One game at a time...

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:31 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Yeah, keep remaining positive and above the fray.
Self deprecating humor is part of my style.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the Preds have only conceeded one goal in the playoffs this year when AK is on the ice. Now obviously that isn't entirely down to him, but the Preds have done pretty well when he has been on the ice and he has played his part in that. He hasn't been creating fires on the ice that his teammates have had to put out and has helped correct some of the errors some of his teammates have made (that Weber giveaway against Detroit deep in the defensive zone comes to mind).
I'm pretty sure Peks has bailed his line, just like he bailed other lines. What I'm trying to say that you don't chose between offensive player who is awful defensively and awesome defensive player who suck offensively. AK-46 has been actually very decent on both ends of the ice. I'm still trying to find for pics to see what have they done this night in Phoenix.
But you don't have to be very bright to see that second PP unit has done nothing in game three. 1-st goal was terrible mistake by Smith and second was actually re-directed by Smith's stick to his own net. And after that ..... nada. Little tweaking by Tippet and you need Rinne in god mode to win because noone can score.

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:38 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
- "Yip gave us a better chance to win than Radulov"
- "Sergie has done nothing for us the last 20 games but I do like how his hair flows in the wind"
- "Predator hockey"
- "Scoring goals is overrated in hockey"
- "The catfish chick played better last game"

Will keep you updated.
LOL nailed it!!

Old
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Self deprecating humor is part of my style.
Self deprecating is not the same thing as flaming fellow fans when they want to vent. Whatever, I've probably already earned my 2nd infraction of the playoffs so I'll just utilize my ignore feature and be on my way.

Old
Reviled
Partisan

Wow. would have been nice to actually score and take the lead before retreating into Barry Trotz mode. Not a fun game to watch at the Bridge, not one fan in lower 105 or 106 confident we'd score, despite wasting our breath cheering.

Team has to score first because Barry's way doesn't cut in the playoffs otherwise.

Phoenix in 5.

Reviled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Well, still feels crummy but we only lost by a goal. Just means more work to get back into this series but we can do it!