HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Live and Let Die" - Coyotes @ Predators 5/4: 6:30pm Central Time ‎

Old
05-04-2012, 11:41 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
4) Letting Legwand continue to take the final draws after he lost to Boyd over and over again.

I still would have had Gaustad take those draws. I don't care if he isn't offensive we need the puck first and he had Yip out there at the end of the game.
I agree with you 100%

yip sucks in that situation and it seems like legwand loses faceoffs on purpose. he is brutal sometimes

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:41 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
You'll notice your posts were not deleted.
Sure about that?

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:43 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Self deprecating is not the same thing as flaming fellow fans when they want to vent. Whatever, I've probably already earned my 2nd infraction of the playoffs so I'll just utilize my ignore feature and be on my way.
I'll apologize for talking about your avatar but other than that please show me where I was antagonizing.

Quote:
Sure about that?
When I made that statement I was sure yes.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:43 PM
klt2001

On the positive side, no blopper reels or getting blasted on national tv for sucking bad......instead just boring hockey game....lol. Guess if we are going to lose, might as well make it exciting w/ high scoring just please no embarrassing moments like we had in the second game that was just awful.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:47 PM
klt2001

I agree. If I had my choice between AK or Rads, I would choose AK. He seems to play better on both ends of the ice and hussles and he's also scored more than Rads too in this PO.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:48 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I agree. If I had my choice between AK or Rads, I would choose AK. He seems the play better on both ends of the ice and hussles and he's also scored more than Rads too in this series.
I'm partial to AK myself (heck I wanted an AK avatar for the playoffs ) but I think if we only put one in it'll be Radulov. Just my gut feeling.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:52 PM
klt2001

Quote:
I'm partial to AK myself (heck I wanted an AK avatar for the playoffs ) but I think if we only put one in it'll be Radulov. Just my gut feeling.
I would have picked Rads over AK if he didn't turn the puck so much, fall down so much, and only score one goal. I mean he is fun to watch but AK imo is a better overall player.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:54 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
I would have picked Rads over AK if he didn't turn the puck so much, fall down so much, and only score one goal. I mean he is fun to watch but AK imo is a better overall player.
Well to be fair Rads was doing the falling down and turning over of pucks more so in game two, after the late night out. Agreed about AK being a better overall player though, hope if he does go back in for the next game he can not only create good chances but throw some big hits too.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
i would have picked rads over ak if he didn't turn the puck so much, fall down so much, and only score one goal. I mean he is fun to watch
:d:d:d:d:d:d

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:11 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Well to be fair Rads was doing the falling down and turning over of pucks more so in game two, after the late night out. Agreed about AK being a better overall player though, hope if he does go back in for the next game he can not only create good chances but throw some big hits too.
He must do alot of drinking then cause I have seen him fall down alot and not just in that game. But I got to say he is fun watching skating around everywhere like a madman....lol. It must be frustrating for the opponent team. I know it makes me dizzy just trying to watch him on tv so I can only imagine what it's like on the ice. It helped him in the Red wings game where he had alot of space to do that. Don't think it will work as effective in this Coyotes series though as they don't give you much space/room to skate which tend to lead to turnovers as a result if you hold on to the puck too long. Rads is great at stealing the puck and keeping the puck in our end though which gives us more chances to score which I like alot. It's his defense or lack of defense or hussle I don''t like or should I say the teams lack of defense when he's in the lineup. Guess they spend more time in the opponent's side of the ice when he's out there that they just have a hard time getting back on defense or just get laxed on their defense and end up getting beat by the other team as a result and scored on. Also seems the pace of the game is alot faster when he and AK are in the lineup, which causes us to make slopper plays and poor passing as a result. The first two games were very high paced w/ alot of scoring and defensive mistakes. The last two games were slower w/ less scoring and defensive mistakes.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-05-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old
05-05-2012, 12:37 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
game 5, if I'm Trotz I put AK and Rads back in and spread all of the talent across 4 lines. Make it impossible for Phoenix to match a shutdown line on any one player.

Erat, Rads, AK46 need to be on separate lines. Gotta be something really unique...

Hornqvist - Fisher - Erat
Bourque - Legwand - Radulov
SK74 - Spaling - Tootoo
AK46 - Gaustad - Halischuk
I really like the looks of this, with my idea switching Horns and Bourque, and Willy in for Toots. A similar type of change should have come in the second period of game 1, though, after that horrible start. It is our time to make the adjustment- this one HAS to be the best yet.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:04 AM
glenngineer

The team had plenty of chances, just didn't bury any. Thought we played well. Knuckle ball puck got by Rinne off of two deflections. Funny how a game is decided by something that silly. Oh well. Lots of hard work to do to win this series now.

If we trade Wilson, we're idiots.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:25 AM
tnvol

Quote:
Well we just lost a playoff game, and you respond with any negative post with a weird picture, or avatar comment, pretty much antagonizing to the point that other posters are saying that's it's about to be a fight like Gaustad and Chipchura.

I thought that mods were supposed to be above that.
lol That's the first time I've ever seen a mod tell someone to *****off! This place rocks. lol

tnvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:44 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The team had plenty of chances, just didn't bury any. Thought we played well. Knuckle ball puck got by Rinne off of two deflections. Funny how a game is decided by something that silly. Oh well. Lots of hard work to do to win this series now.
Exactly. One double deflected shot after Gill falls along the boards is the only goal of the game .... while we miss so many open nets it was painful to watch. A hard played game that we lost. It happens. It sucks.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:54 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Exactly. One double deflected shot after Gill falls along the boards is the only goal of the game .... while we miss so many open nets it was painful to watch. A hard played game that we lost. It happens. It sucks.
I honestly think Gill got his skate yanked by the player who scored. I could be wrong. Gill isn't the most skilled player, but he doesn't seem easy to knock down.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:21 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Erat falls down.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I honestly think Gill got his skate yanked by the player who scored. I could be wrong. Gill isn't the most skilled player, but he doesn't seem easy to knock down.
Doan just ran into him while he was in parking cone mode on the boards and fell on his chest. He's big, but he was stationary and Doan was coming in with speed; Doan is also fairly sizeable himself.

What killed me on that goal was Josi actually. Gill is out of the play, Doan coming towards the net, and Josi played it like a 2v1 skating back from Doan to the far post. There was no one anywhere on the backside, if Josi had immediately stepped up and attacked Doan, we'd probably still be in OT in a 0-0 game.

Not a terrible play by him, but just wish he had stepped up.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:54 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post

If we trade Wilson, we're idiots.
agreed...

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 05:14 PM
roseyc

Phoenix comes into town hoping for a split and that's what they got, They score one goal and accomplish their feat. I support Trotz on his decision to sit Ak and Rad. It maybe wasn't the best hockey decision but it was the best decision even though we lost. This team before the deadline was a good team it's problem was and always will be under Trotz is the ability to consistently put the puck in the net. Even though we won game 3 our goals were lucky and typically every playoff the pp goes horribly bad. The game should have gone to OT because Hornqvist should have scored once at least. For whatever reason we didn't have a sense of urgency to win. This team can look so lackidasical. Fisher scored in game 3 but he has had a bad series. The playoffs are about going to net and we don't get that. I think the ice in both here and Phoenix has been not the best which makes it difficult for the shooter to lift the puck which I think that had to with Hornqvist shot because to lift the puck he over compensated for it and it went over the net. Why not sit SK and put in AK. Sk is giving us nothing as usual. Josi is looking like a rookie like Blum did last year in these playoffs. Wilson for long hiastus is trying to create chances but when your linemates are Spaling and Yip what can you expect and then get thrown into other lines at the end. I give credit though to the Yotes and their coach they are playing sound fundamental hockey and Smith is playing real good...not great! Like Vancouver last year the Yotes are employing the same model once they get a lead and then lay back and see if the Preds can score and they can't. In the history of playoffs there have been a few teams that have come back from down 3-1 and won the series why can't we be one of them and give us more history. We are capable but do we have it in us to do it ...

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote