HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
If we lose AK, Radu, and Suter (plus maybe trading SK), our "cap ceiling" team becomes a cap floor team astoundingly fast.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:23 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
He seems to be playing like he wants to go beyond Friday.

But I'm sure you don't see it that way. Suter's the debil now.

By the way "debil" is not a very good word in Russian. Means retarded.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
By the way "debil" is not a very good word in Russian. Means retarded.
Would be more appropriate for 46 & 47!

Old
05-03-2012, 12:37 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnvol View Post
Have some faith guys. This isn't over yet.
sir, you are in the wrong thread

Old
05-04-2012, 11:22 PM
dknash

Excellent job by Trotz of disciplining Rads and AK46. Maybe it hurts us in the short term, but I doubt we see this problem crop up again in whatever organizations they belong to next year.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknash View Post
Excellent job by Trotz of disciplining Rads and AK46. Maybe it hurts us in the short term, but I doubt we see this problem crop up again in whatever organizations they belong to next year.
The one thing Trotz has best proven over the last 12+ seasons is that his system can't win enough in the playoffs: It doesn't matter what individuals or how many players of a given type he has. What many posters fail to realize is that even someone like Parise (currently a top wish-list player for many posters) is maybe an 18 goal scorer in the Barry Trotz system. Personnel do not matter in the Trotz system as much a player type. Further compounding the issue, the playoffs are too long to play only defense while depending mostly on luck and bounces to score enough to win 16 post season games.

Ultimately, Trotz is good at taking years to develop a team from the basement up - bringing them to 'pretty good'. Today he's perfect for Columbus. Today he's a millstone around Nashville's neck.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by One and Done View Post
The one thing Trotz has best proven over the last 12+ seasons is that his system can't win enough in the playoffs.
Amen.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:14 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Amen.
unfortunately.. I agree as well

Old
05-05-2012, 01:03 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Bad first period ... good second ... desperate third ... came up short. Sucks. Hornqvist and Fisher need the sights on their sticks adjusted .... they were off all night.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:34 AM
cleangene

The Predators are 0 for 23 on the power play at home in the playoffs. And that, my friend, about sums it all up.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:16 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
The Predators are 0 for 23 on the power play at home in the playoffs. And that, my friend, about sums it all up.
Yep when the #1 ranked PP goes cold it certainly doesn't help especially this time of year. I honestly think a couple of your late season pick ups have killed the team chemistry also.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:28 AM
tulsytrid1

Now that's Preds hockey we all love....typical Barry Trotz interview about chances that we couldn't bury. His system sucks.

Way to pave the road for the massive free agent departures as well.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Peter The Great

I brush my teeth using vodka instead of water, works for me.

This is a multicultural thing.

Vodka

Radulov is welcome to play for AIK, Stockholm anyday he wants.

Ok, I'm being stupid now but one game was enough, Trotz has to stop playing god, this may cost a great team the Cup, tragical.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:35 AM
tnvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
sir, you are in the wrong thread
Yes I am. lol.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:26 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

How many coaches make it to round 2, much less 3, on a regular basis? Since that is the standard used to criticize Trotz, we should have a fire every coach in the league thread.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Since that is the standard used to criticize Trotz, we should have a fire every coach in the league thread.
Some teams do.

Lamentably, some folks attribute incremental annual preformance improvements to the system employed; somehow convincing themselves that those improvements are completely unrelated to the better quality and depth of the roster.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Some teams do.

Lamentably, some folks attribute incremental annual preformance improvements to the system employed; somehow convincing themselves that those improvements are completely unrelated to the better quality and depth of the roster.
You have to go back almost a decade to find a season where coaches like Hitch or Torts made it past the second round. Babcock hasn't done it in three seasons in a row now. Our improvements coincide with better rosters and worse rosters. All summer it was how this team would suck since we didn't make a big splash on the FA market. Then it was we're doomed to a lottery pick in Oct and early Nov.

It's funny looking back just a few weeks ago when people were commenting on how we should fall to 6th and get the Yotes in round one for the easier matchup. Careful what you ask for ... you just might get it.

If the front office were as kneejerk and reactionary as the fanbase, we'd be Columbus or Long Island. Trotz has flaws, all coaches do ... but we'd be on coach number 16 if it were up to the various message boards.

Looking at game four, we held the Yotes to one goal and had multiple opportunities to score. The open chances were there which indicates the strategy wasn't the problem .. execution was and that is a player issue. Trotz can't deflect the puck for Hornqvist or snipe the top corner for Fisher. Convert on any of those about 7-10 chances and we're seeing a very different HF this morning.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Some teams do.

The better quality and depth on the roster is part of the system...not the coaching style, but the way the organization is run.

We've acquired most of our depth via the draft and player development...not free agency.

And we're still a young team. We really didn't have a group of veteran players to shepherd the David Legwands and Martin Erats on how to play playoff hockey. They pretty much had to figure it out on the fly.

Over the years, Poile has tried to make some moves to get a little more playoff experience on the roster...but there's really no substitute for your core guys having experience.

The Nashville Predators are not a perfect franchise. Barry Trotz is not a perfect coach. David Poile is not a perfect General Manager. They all make mistakes. But so does every sports franchise out there. Yet we have fans that expect perfection, and seem to think that if we don't win the Cup this year, we'll never win it ever.

Los Angeles couldn't win a cup with Wayne ****ing Gretzky. And they've been waiting a helluva lot longer than we have.

I don't quite understand the knee-jerk reaction to losing being to fire Trotz. But I'm sure some other franchise would looooove if we did that.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:21 PM
canadianpredsfan97

I looked this up so I can provide the different series it happened in if anybody wants me to back it up. But I'm not going to go negative until this series is over.

In each of the last three playoff years, a team has been down by 2 games and has rallied to win the series. That hasn't happened yet this spring. Like the 2004 Boston Red Sox asked, why not us?

Last edited by canadianpredsfan97: 05-05-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old
05-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
I looked this up so I can provide the different series it happened in if anybody wants me to back it up. But I'm not going to go negative until this series is over.

In each of the last three playoff years, a team has been down by 2 games and has rallied to win the series. That hasn't happened yet this spring. Like the 2003 Boston Red Sox asked, why not us?
Yeah...unfortunately this is the negativity thread...but I share the optimism. We're in a hole...and it's not looking good. But at the same time, we've made a lot of strides to tighten up the defense. Outside of a couple of gaffs that gave Phoenix great early chances (thank you, Rinne), we played a solid defensive game. We've allowed 1 goal in the past two games, after allowing 9 in the previous two. I can view that as nothing but a positive.

Now we have to go back to Phoenix. We were in this same position last season, and we brought the series back home. The difference this time is that we're not facing a head-and-shoulders better offense that dominated us at home. I'm not very confident that we will come back and win this series...but I feel a lot better than I did at this point last season. We just need to go in there with the attitude that we're not going to lay down.

Washington already won a 7 game series on the road...and against a strong opponent. I don't see why we can't do the same. This series is a lot closer than 1-3 would make one believe. With a few more things going our way, it could easily be 3-1 in our favor, or at the very least 2-2. We aren't getting dominated. We should be going in there with a lot more confidence than last year. Whether we do or not is another story. But hopefully the boys will be motivated enough to give an A+ effort in Phoenix on Monday.

It doesn't look good...but it doesn't look nearly as grim as the situation St. Louis is in...not only down 0-3, but they have been dominated for the better part of the series...and they don't seem to be making any strides to rectify that.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Sorry for posting that on this thread I just needed to get that off my chest. These playoffs have been so bland in terms of adversity. I'd love to see a team get real nervous about another team coming back on them.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:52 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
but we'd be on coach number 16 if it were up to the various message boards.
That would be coach number 16 this year...

Old
05-05-2012, 02:56 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm so ****ing sick of this ****ing thread.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Truth.

2 game losing streak? Fire the coach.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:19 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Maybe of the week.

Closed Thread