HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barry Trotz needs to be fired

Old
05-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Barry Trotz needs to be fired

I understand sitting Radulov and Kostitsyn the last game as they broke team rules. Win or lose, Trotz did the right thing on Wednesday, but he really screwed up sitting those guys tonight. Phoenix knew that they would be able to sit back and get a break and win the game; look at Tippett's comments. The Predators sat two offensive players when they needed offense. Yeah we won game 3, but in reality our offense was just as bad save for two brain farts by Smith.

Trotz sat Radulov and Kostitsyn for Tootoo and Halischuk... did they even get any ice time in the last 10 minutes of the third? Yip on the ice, much less the PP? Wilson goes from permascratch to first line in the third? This was the Predators best chance at a long Cup run and they blew it. Poile bet the farm on this offseason. He gave up alot to bring in Gill, Kostitsyn and Gaustad. We could potentially lose Suter, Weber and Radulov all because of Trotz's decision for tonight's game.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 05-04-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Reviled
Partisan

How can you want Trotz fired? His system was a resounding success tonight.

The game went exactly how he wanted it to go. The team came out in the first period and had the audacity to actually show some offence and try to score. Barry immediately put a stop to that nonsense and reigned in the team hard. Then it was a solid 56 minutes of Barry's game: Defence first and offense only sparingly, with actual shots an occasional luxury.

The perfect Barry Trotz game, win or lose. (We lost, again.)

Last edited by Reviled: 05-04-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Erik Estrada

He gambled and lost. But he's the one that had to take the tough decision, not us.

Time to look forward. Do the right thing. Put them back in and hope they can take the series back to Nashville again.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:45 PM
INDhockeyfan

It was Radulov and AK that screwed up. If they never broke the rules there would no question on if they should play or not. The series is NOT over yet. Wait until that happens before wanting to fire Trotz.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:56 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

ah its that time of the year again aint it?

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
It was Radulov and AK that screwed up. If they never broke the rules there would no question on if they should play or not. The series is NOT over yet. Wait until that happens before wanting to fire Trotz.
Agree with you. AK and AR don't put themselves in that situation, then it never has to be left up to Trotz. That said, would be pretty hard for Trotz to bench guys that have been waiting for their turn and played well in a winning performance. If he'd returned both guys to the line-up tonight and we'd lost, there would probably be complaints about him F'ing up the winning formula.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
ah its that time of the year again aint it?
Just about every time we lose is that time of year, ain't it?

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:03 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
If what they did (still all speculation) warranted a 2-game suspension, then it should have bene a 2-game suspension.

As for Trotz being fired, another time...

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:04 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by One and Done View Post
The game went exactly how he wanted it to go. The team came out in the first period and had the audacity to actually show some offence and try to score.
Phoenix controlled the first period.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Nope, then it'll be 'Replace him with whom?' (as if that matters - we know Barry can't get it done) and 'Let's concentrate on doing the same thing next year and wild-ass hoping for a different result.'

Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get a 'find a different team' comment or two. Pssst. We don't necessarily want a different team, just a different coach.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:06 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Radulov put one puck on net in two games ... in other words he equaled what Yip put IN the net in the first two games.

AK and Radulov screwed up.

Tonight's loss goes on Gill for falling along the boards to give Doan space ... on Fisher for missing all of his shots at the stick side top corner ... on Horqvist for missing five shots which included wide open nets.

Trotz getting fired is as likely as me wining the Powerball and Megamillions simultaneously while getting in a 10some with me and 9 super models inside of a Ferrari.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Phoenix controlled the first period.
Play went North-South right off the bat, but Trotz squelched that almost immediately. We were all gritting our teeth before the third minute of the period.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:08 AM
tnvol

lol. 5 hours ago he was doing the right thing and was praised by everyone. Now he needs to be fired. You people are un****ingbeleivable.

tnvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Trotz getting fired is as likely as me wining the Powerball and Megamillions simultaneously while getting in a 10some with me and 9 super models inside of a Ferrari.
That assessment is spot on, unfortunately, since that's also the problem. (But I'd be psyched for you if the supermodel thing works out.)

Old
05-05-2012, 12:13 AM
RaiderDoug

I'm not on the Fire Trotz bandwagon, but the guy is always getting credit for "doing more with less".

Well, this team is doing less with more for a change. Getting dominated by Phoenix? I don't see how he can't get some criticism for these bombs.

It's not just tonight, the team has been horrible the entire series.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnvol View Post
lol. 5 hours ago he was doing the right thing and was praised by everyone. Now he needs to be fired. You people are un****ingbeleivable.
Not everyone.

Being pleased ekeing out a win based on a really bad mistake and a lucky bounce is not the same as nominating the coach for sainthood.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:22 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Even if we wanted to fire him who would we replace him with?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:28 AM
tnvol

Quote:
Not everyone.

Being pleased ekeing out a win based on a really bad mistake and a lucky bounce is not the same as nominating the coach for sainthood.
I hear you. Bottom line though? This IS Preds Playoff hockey. I loved that we beat Detroit. But we always seem to come up short for whatever reason. Argue over calls, mistakes, whatever. There is plenty to argue about. You stat guys can whip it out and out stat each other all night. Fact remains though that we lost tonight and we are down 3-1 against a pretty tough team. We need to score some goals or we are playing golf next week. In the end, it's that L stat that hurts.

Last edited by golfmade: 05-05-2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Less descriptive next time
tnvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:31 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
That assessment is spot on, unfortunately, since that's also the problem. (But I'd be psyched for you if the supermodel thing works out.)
It wasn't Trotz that lost tonight .. it was Hornqvist, Fisher, Gill, the players. When we give up one goal, and miss about six open nets, it isn't the game plan, it's the players execution.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:31 AM
NoNecksCurse

@bourquex3

honest question.. when do you say enough is enough? one and done next year or not making playoffs? there comes to a point where you can't just accept being good. we have/had the roster(s) to make some runs. 2 series wins and alot of one and dones. im a trotz supporter (most of the time) but im to the point where enough is enough.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:41 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It wasn't Trotz that lost tonight .. it was Hornqvist, Fisher, Gill, the players. When we give up one goal, and miss about six open nets, it isn't the game plan, it's the players execution.
Anyone in charge of correcting an on-going problem of missing open nets and errant passing ???

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
@bourquex3

honest question.. when do you say enough is enough? one and done next year or not making playoffs? there comes to a point where you can't just accept being good. we have/had the roster(s) to make some runs. 2 series wins and alot of one and dones. im a trotz supporter (most of the time) but im to the point where enough is enough.
I'll support removing Trotz when I no longer think he is the best option for us as head coach.

For some reason, a group of our fans have grown some ridiculous expectations as far as what the results should be. While it's hard to be patient, I think there is a bit of overreaction when it comes to the progress of this franchise. It's easy to look at the Stars, Hurricanes, and the Lightning, and think that "well gosh, they're southern markets, and they've won the cup....why can't we??" while ignoring the Blues, Kings, and Canucks of the NHL.

And the Preds have drafted great defense and goaltending. But offense? I guess that's the big hangup. No Crosby's, Malkin's, Ovechkin's, Stamkos', Giroux's....

But I suppose there is some hidden, unrealized talent on our team...Trotz has just covered it up with his evil defensive ways.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:48 AM
jderick81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I understand sitting Radulov and Kostitsyn the last game as they broke team rules. Win or lose, Trotz did the right thing on Wednesday, but he really screwed up sitting those guys tonight. Phoenix knew that they would be able to sit back and get a break and win the game; look at Tippett's comments. The Predators sat two offensive players when they needed offense. Yeah we won game 3, but in reality our offense was just as bad save for two brain farts by Smith.

Trotz sat Radulov and Kostitsyn for Tootoo and Halischuk... did they even get any ice time in the last 10 minutes of the third? Yip on the ice, much less the PP? Wilson goes from permascratch to first line in the third? This was the Predators best chance at a long Cup run and they blew it. Poile bet the farm on this offseason. He gave up alot to bring in Gill, Kostitsyn and Gaustad. We could potentially lose Suter, Weber and Radulov all because of Trotz's decision for tonight's game.

After 13 years of reading this at the end of every season all I can say now is.... for the sake of being civil, no.

I swear anyone who still says this kind of garbage needs a lesson in preds history, Trotz is a magnificent coach who can take mediocre teams over the top.

I don't disrespect the decision of a man who has known this team for a very long time, and I'm pretty sure he's in the loop a little bit more than anyone else is. I don't know, I mean he only sees the team when he wakes up in the morning, for lunch, at practice and games, when they're on the plane, and wherever else they might go.

I've heard no complaints from players, and I think he is doing about as well of a job as any human being is capable. I get frustrated with his decisions sometimes but honestly in the long run he is usually right.

Tell me what you would have done differently as a coach (in as ****ed a situation as this years) and I'll throw garbage at you when your team gives it everything they have and has a good shot but comes up short. (and screwed by intent to blow whistle)

Sometimes in sports you lose, the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy in sports to win, sometimes (even most times) something will go wrong and you won't win it. That doesn't mean go fire your franchise coach.

Patience friends, patience... He wants that cup as bad as we do.

jderick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Rumcajs

First of all the coaching market is garbage so scrap that.

Second if you guys want to keep Suter and Weber i highly doubt changing the system will make them want to stay...

To the OP:

You got beat by hot goaltender. I know the feeling with Lundqvist. **** Happens.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:15 AM
blinkst3r

Idiot Move sitting ur 2 of ur top scorers

blinkst3r is offline   Reply With Quote