HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFBoards street hockey team / pick up games/ garage leagues

Old
04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
No I play for Big Stick. I talked with one of you guys before the game, don't if it was you. I watched the first then I had to leave but I thought you guys were playing well and the game was close. Actually, when I saw the final score days later, I was quite surprised and a bit sad because of how much I hate the Preds. They're a bunch of divers, they talk **** all game long and are dirty. One of our games vs them finished into a fight with one of our guys getting kicked in the head when he was down.

Anyway, fast forward to today, we had our first game, quarter final vs Mammouth. We took a lead early and managed it until the end where they came close to pull a comeback. Then we had the pleasure to play the Preds again.

And a truckload of karma was delivered. They scored the first two goals and started their antics. One dove in front of me even though I barely touched him. Got a penalty but we scored on the PK. Beautiful karma. At one point we were leading 3-2 then 4-3 but they were always coming back. They eventually took the lead 5-4, 6-5, 7-6. Then with 7 seconds to play, we scored and tied the game.

And then in the shootout, they took a 2-0 lead but we were able to tie it(had to shoot, holy **** was I nervous but was able to score) and then on the 7th round, we won.

After reading what you guys went through, with all what happened this season with those guys, it felt and feels sooooo good.
Awesome! Congrats!

We'll be back in the fall... I might play on a team in the summer, still undecided. The Isotopes will take a few months off though.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

vCash: 500
Yeah, same here, not playing this summer. We might change league though, we've had enough of Eddy. I know he's not the owner anymore but it's still the same league. If there's changes, then we might give them another chance but yeah...

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Ubercron9000

anybody interested in having me as a try out for ball hockey?? I'd really love to play. I played at the sports complexe claude malepart. I'm a decent player! If you play in montreal that be great since i take public transport. If you are interested contact me through messaging. I play defense and forward.

For ice hockey if you need a goaltender and a forward/defenseman me and my older brother are interested. My brother is the goaltender and he's 33 years old. He is a decent goalie nothing spectacular. Then again he has some crappy days and some awesome days... basically inconsistant lol. But still servicable

anyways message me anybody I'll keep tabs on this thread though!

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Yeah, same here, not playing this summer. We might change league though, we've had enough of Eddy. I know he's not the owner anymore but it's still the same league. If there's changes, then we might give them another chance but yeah...
Eddy's not the owner anymore? Wha? Who is?

Old
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Eddy's not the owner anymore? Wha? Who is?
Ludwig.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:13 PM
SeriousHabs

26 year old Montrealer living in Centre-Sud looking to play goal for a ball hockey team starting in June.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:25 PM
euphrates

anyone interested in playing at Parc DesRoseries in Anjou just like a couple of years ago i more than down too

euphrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:34 PM
EmelinHipCheck

Hey guys, i just finished my first ever season playing floor hockey, started out as a goalie, was really average, ended up playing as a D. Got no skills whatsoever, but can play 2-3 minutes shifts and i love blocking shots, your typical stay at home D, and i'm pretty fast too. So if anyone needs somebody like that, hit me up.

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
MJG

The MBHL season is just around the corner. Anyone here play? Would be cool to know if I've ever played against any of you guys.

MJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Ludwig.
Whodat?

Old
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Whodat?
Is that the tall lanky guy who always has a notepad in his hands?

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 03:31 PM
nikhilmtl

Anybody playing in Grier parc in Pierrefonds or anywhere else in the west island? I'm dying to play right now..

nikhilmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:42 PM
adaptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
anybody interested in having me as a try out for ball hockey?? I'd really love to play. I played at the sports complexe claude malepart. I'm a decent player! If you play in montreal that be great since i take public transport. If you are interested contact me through messaging. I play defense and forward.

For ice hockey if you need a goaltender and a forward/defenseman me and my older brother are interested. My brother is the goaltender and he's 33 years old. He is a decent goalie nothing spectacular. Then again he has some crappy days and some awesome days... basically inconsistant lol. But still servicable

anyways message me anybody I'll keep tabs on this thread though!
Have you thought of Cepsum and/or YMCA hochelaga? Ever went there? Im thinking of going there, i believe they have pick up ice hockey games that are all year long. Im trying to find a ice hockey arena open all year and check the prices for saturday/sunday nights. Once i find something solid i will give you a word for sure.

Obviously if anyone is looking for ice hockey players this summer during the day (i work 6pm to 11pm) im down.

On a side note, as soon as most rinks open in october, i will try to get a ice hockey game on a morning weekday at Arena Mont-royal, who has pretty cheap prices for morning skates. Let me know if your interested.

Last edited by adaptation: 05-04-2012 at 11:47 PM.
adaptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:09 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Is that the tall lanky guy who always has a notepad in his hands?
No, that's Juan. Ludwig used to play for Ghetto.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
No, that's Juan. Ludwig used to play for Ghetto.
Ludwig must be the only Hab that always had Black eye's & swollen face the entire season. Many in Western Montreal have a lot of respect for guys that give it all. That #17 is respected in parts of Montreal just as much as Nilan & #30.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

So turns out I'll be playing this season... not organizing my own team, but a friend asked me to play. Fun.

Old
05-06-2012, 02:07 AM
MJG

Quote:
So turns out I'll be playing this season... not organizing my own team, but a friend asked me to play. Fun.
What league do you play in/are you guys talking about?

MJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
We're playing your team today

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:38 PM
prevail

Can you guys suggest any casual ball hockey leagues around the West Island? Even if the summer registration is over, I'm even looking for the fall, I played probably 13 years minor hockey and I'm starting to feel that random street and outdoor hockey games aren't enough. Miss it way too much.

I've been looking around the net and word of mouth but haven't gotten too far, DBHL seems a bit too serious, MBHL seems interesting, Concordia has one too apparently. The problem is I'm solo and without a team it's a bit tricky to find a team, so if any of you guys have some advice (or is in the same boat as me) I'd appreciate it.

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 03:01 PM
the watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
The MBHL season is just around the corner. Anyone here play? Would be cool to know if I've ever played against any of you guys.
I play 4v4 at leRinque, on 1-2 teams sometimes.

Last edited by the watcher: 05-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.
the watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 11:34 PM
nikhilmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by prevail View Post
Can you guys suggest any casual ball hockey leagues around the West Island? Even if the summer registration is over, I'm even looking for the fall, I played probably 13 years minor hockey and I'm starting to feel that random street and outdoor hockey games aren't enough. Miss it way too much.

I've been looking around the net and word of mouth but haven't gotten too far, DBHL seems a bit too serious, MBHL seems interesting, Concordia has one too apparently. The problem is I'm solo and without a team it's a bit tricky to find a team, so if any of you guys have some advice (or is in the same boat as me) I'd appreciate it.
Hey I'm in the same situation as you. I dont have a team. I called the guys at MBHL and they said its no problem. I'm going to be registering as an individual and be placed on a team. I don't know if there's still room but u can try, their phone number is 514 894-6676. I also am considering DBHL. I have no idea what it's like though. Why do u say it's too serious? Is it a good caliber?

nikhilmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Bud2790

Anyone playing in the dwhl?

Bud2790 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:22 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Dam I didn't know you could be placed on MBHL as an individual.. Wanted to play..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:53 AM
juve

Are there any ice hockey leagues for girls?

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Just got picked up

Vi Nc E x13x is offline   Reply With Quote