HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

QMJHL Final GM #1 - Rimouski @ Saint John (Beaulieu) 7 PM ET, Sportsnet/TVA Sports

Old
05-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
My impression of him this game was that he looks like an upper middle-range version of Subban. I like his puck possession skills and that's the thing I think is most valuable in a modern defenseman.

Very interested to see what he's like in a less favourable situation against tougher opposition next season.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
My impression of him this game was that he looks like an upper middle-range version of Subban. I like his puck possession skills and that's the thing I think is most valuable in a modern defenseman.

Very interested to see what he's like in a less favourable situation against tougher opposition next season.
I will also be interested in what happens when he moves up. His breakout pass was top notch, he will need to be reigned in a bit once he jumps up a level. He saved his own ass a few times with his great skating. His backwards skating needs some work too, but I am sure if I noticed it the habs development staff will get him to focus on it.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Rimouski should still be in OT against the Mooseheads as their "series winning goal" didn't even cross the line.
ugh, it didn't? I was at that game, but I didn't bother to check the highlights after, just assumed it went in, especially since they reviewed it.

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:05 AM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
ugh, it didn't? I was at that game, but I didn't bother to check the highlights after, just assumed it went in, especially since they reviewed it.
All the reviews I saw showed it bouncing on the line before being knocked free by the Moose defenseman. There was no conclusive angle to show it was over the line. Likely would've been overturned if the call on the ice was no goal. Still, with that serious of a goal, it should default to conclusive evidence of a goal.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post

Subban, Beaulieu, and Tinordi...should we be excited?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:44 AM
briann
Rookie User

Will he be joining Tinordi and Ellis in Hamilton next year or does he have one more year in the Q?

briann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
I will also be interested in what happens when he moves up. His breakout pass was top notch, he will need to be reigned in a bit once he jumps up a level. He saved his own ass a few times with his great skating. His backwards skating needs some work too, but I am sure if I noticed it the habs development staff will get him to focus on it.
I'm playing devil advocate here but that is worrisome...
IMO to play his game in the NHL he will have to be quite a good backward and lateral skater.
I also think he is less intense than Subban was, but he will have to greatly improve his defensive work and physicality before reaching the NHL. I would give him 2 or 3 years in the AHL to work on it.

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:16 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I'm playing devil advocate here but that is worrisome...
IMO to play his game in the NHL he will have to be quite a good backward and lateral skater.
I also think he is less intense than Subban was, but he will have to greatly improve his defensive work and physicality before reaching the NHL. I would give him 2 or 3 years in the AHL to work on it.
He likely does need 2 years in the AHL. No need to rush him, with Markov and Kaberle here for another 2 years atleast, Subban likely getting signed long term. We have our share of offensive minded D with puck moving skills. The prospect most likely to get "rushed" to the next level would be Tinordi, but I dont see that either.

Beaulieu is still very raw. Lets take our time with him and cultivate his talent to the most we can get out of it. For those thinking itll be much different for him next season in Hamilton next season from Saint Johns, i also doubt this. Hamilton is going to have the best incoming class of young players in the entire AHL. Now its up to management to fill a few spots with quality vets and get a god damn goalie... If they get this, Hamilton is going to be a powerhouse by mid-season once the players adapt to the new league.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Odd you pointed this out, I've found his skating to be exceptional in either direction.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Odd you pointed this out, I've found his skating to be exceptional in either direction.
I think it's more gap control, sometimes he takes a bad angle defensively. Usually something that can be fixed with pro coaching.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
A few times in the game last night he turned around to skate backwards and then got beat easily and had to turn around and dive. Maybe it takes him a bit to get going, if that is the case he needs to improve his acceleration. I am no internet scout or anything, so anyone can be skeptical of what I say and I very well could be wrong.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think it's more gap control, sometimes he takes a bad angle defensively. Usually something that can be fixed with pro coaching.
I suspect this is the case too, his skating always impressed me. Could have a nagging injury too?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote