HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Old
05-04-2012, 09:57 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Preds now have to win 3 in a row...
One game at a time.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:07 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

So, what are the chances Radulov and Kostitsyn play Monday night?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:09 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Knowing Trotz? Hard to say.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I know what YOU would do.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Via Forechecker:

"We have leadership in the dressing room that keeps guys on the straight and narrow." - Tippet. Shot at the #Preds leadership?

I hope Weber teaches them a lesson next game...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:40 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Via Forechecker:

"We have leadership in the dressing room that keeps guys on the straight and narrow." - Tippet. Shot at the #Preds leadership?

I hope Weber teaches them a lesson next game...
Most definitely is.

Would love some Weber bombs and goals next game.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:30 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Most definitely is.

Would love some Weber bombs and goals next game.
I'd love a Weber bomb in Shane Doan's face.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:51 PM
predfan24

This series is over. Coyotes playing too good of hockey right now and Preds haven't played a single game so far to their potential. It's unbelievable how this team always seems to choke when they are expected to succeed.

What in the **** is Sergei Kostitsyn still doing in the lineup? Honestly he is on the line that is supposed to be creating the majority of our offense and he has been invisible since dating back into the regular season. He doesn't ever raise his game. This goes back to last year. Give him some space and time he sees in less intense regular season games and he does fine but put him in a hard close checking game and he is worthless. Poile would be a fool to re-sign him next year especially for the amount he will be asking for.

Brandon Yip? Look I like the guy. He is a solid 4th liner. He performs the role he is asked solidly. Even with AK and Rads out he is being overused.

What happened to our depth? That is supposed to be our strength. The fact we can roll 4 solid lines. Yet when the game gets tough Trotz keeps rolling Fisher and Legwand and they aren't doing ****. Gaustad-6 minutes. Hali- 7 minutes. Toots- 7 minutes(Yeah he played pretty bad). These guys need ice time.

What a disappointed end to the year.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:17 AM
1c3

Predators just being the Predators. Trotz looked good after keeping Dumb and Dumber out of Game 3, but it's easy to question making that decision again in a game in which they got shut out. I would've done the same thing, though - stick with what won. Just failed miserably this time.

It's a little off-putting how cocky some Phoenix fans have become. One Cinderella run and they think they're part of the big dogs now. (Mind you, I'm not including the Preds in this group; they're far, far from being little more than a minor inconvenience on the road to the Cup.) Can't say that I won't enjoy watching their little thrill ride end in defeat. If it doesn't? Eh, at least it isn't Detroit or Vancouver.

Welp, barring a miracle, I'm preppin' my bags for the Kings bandwagon.

1c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:23 AM
checkerdome

I guess it would be fair to say the Yotes are the "Teacher's Pets".

checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:59 AM
tnvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
One game at a time.
Yep. That's what we need to focus on.

tnvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:19 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

All right, so we understand the need for a place to vent, but at the same time we must continue to appreciate the site rules.

Quote:
2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.
If you need to air your frustrations then feel free to do so, but let's stick to the rules.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:48 AM
predwings

I'm not for the "Fire Trotz" wagon or anything, but that was a terribly boneheaded move to ban the two for the 2nd game. I realize "It worked before" seemed like a great idea but that's like betting on "00" and expecting it to hit again in roulette twice in a row. You need to at least fire up one gun. If Trotz hasn't been paying attention...our PP is terrible lately and sitting AK or Radulov for Yip on the PP is beyond dumb. This lapse might have just cost us not only this playoff series but also many of our upcoming free agents who would rather not stick around if there is no post-season hope.

This was considered our best opportunity at the post-season and not only that...we got an easier road with the eliminations of teams we generally struggled against. Yet, we're just getting handled right now by a team that has no reason handling us. They are us from 2 years ago and we can't even figure out how to beat them? Terrible.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:10 AM
canadianpredsfan97

Okay I vented on FB, I vented on twitter and now I am going to vent on here.

I supported the move to suspend Radulov & Andrei for game 3. I supported it for game 4 because if it ain't broke don't fix it. Traditionally if a lineup works, you go until it doesn't.

That being said, Radulov and Andrei not being in the line-up tonight did not cost us the game. And even the goal/no-goal situation did not cost us the game even though I believe it was a goal, which by the way, I wish the officials could've told the crowd why. AND I wish there hadn't been two differening stories between what Trotz was told and what the media was told. (Trotz goalie interference and the media that the refs lost sight of the puck).

Like Bob McKenzie said on TSN tonight, the score might have been worse with them since they had been a big reason why we had lost Game 2. I think they will both play game 5 and I think we're going to win game 5. We'll go from there, team & fans.

We should do second guessing and post-mortem once the series is over and if it's over with us losing. I don't give up until it's over.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:03 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
We should do second guessing and post-mortem once the series is over and if it's over with us losing. I don't give up until it's over.
Agreed.

Old
05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
landman1

Last night there was a sports program after Preds post game coverage. It was stated that Canadian press was saying the Preds players went to the coaching staff and pretty much said they didn't want Rads or Andrei even in the locker room. Anyone else hear this?

landman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:25 AM
canadianpredsfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman1 View Post
Last night there was a sports program after Preds post game coverage. It was stated that Canadian press was saying the Preds players went to the coaching staff and pretty much said they didn't want Rads or Andrei even in the locker room. Anyone else hear this?
Landman1, I've heard that from plenty of different sources up here, north of the border, that one, decisions like this don't get made without the support of the team, two, guys admitted to off the record supporting the decision and being consulted, and three, guys admitted to supporting keeping the same line-up for Game 4 off the record.

No one seemed to go against Barry or Poile off the record.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:33 AM
cleangene

I loved it when I saw the studio guys showing a graphic about how Hali or Toots didn't contribute any points and little ice time from game 3. The sound wasn't on, as it was a t.v. in The Bridge concourse, but I'm sure the same people who were ripping Rads before were questioning Trotz for not having him in game 4. Wish I could get big, big, big bucks just to critize everything that came along.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I don't think there needs to be much more analysis than this:

4 goals have been waived off against the Predators in this series. Two in game 1. One in game 3. One in game 4. We lost game 1 by one goal in overtime....a game in which we dominated. We lost game 4 by one goal....a hard nosed hard fought game.

I think this series should be split. It isn't. Trotz inexplicably benched our greatest asset last game (our offensive depth). It does not change the fact that by all rights, that game was tied, on home ice, and should have been in overtime.

We have the talent to win 3 in a row. I don't know if we have the lockerroom or heart right now. Win game 5, I think we have a 75% chance at game 6. Game 7 favors phoenix no matter what IMO.

05-05-2012, 11:37 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I don't think there needs to be much more analysis than this:

4 goals have been waived off against the Predators in this series. Two in game 1. One in game 3. One in game 4. We lost game 1 by one goal in overtime....a game in which we dominated. We lost game 4 by one goal....a hard nosed hard fought game.

I think this series should be split. It isn't. Trotz inexplicably benched our greatest asset last game (our offensive depth). It does not change the fact that by all rights, that game was tied, on home ice, and should have been in overtime.

We have the talent to win 3 in a row. I don't know if we have the lockerroom or heart right now. Win game 5, I think we have a 75% chance at game 6. Game 7 favors phoenix no matter what IMO.
O'Halloran was terribly out of position on last night's waive off and blew the whistle way too early. I don't blame that waive off for our loss though. The boys simply missed too many open nets when the chances presented themselves to pin the loss on that one bad call.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Haha man I am still so ****ing pissed about last night. If we can pull out game 5 in PHX, I think the chances we drag this to 7 is pretty high. Put them both back in the lineup for game 5; I think you'll see 110% from each as it could be their last opportunity to show their mettle before they become free agents.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:22 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post

What in the **** is Sergei Kostitsyn still doing in the lineup? Honestly he is on the line that is supposed to be creating the majority of our offense and he has been invisible since dating back into the regular season. He doesn't ever raise his game. This goes back to last year. Give him some space and time he sees in less intense regular season games and he does fine but put him in a hard close checking game and he is worthless. Poile would be a fool to re-sign him next year especially for the amount he will be asking for.
Could say the same thing about Fisher; he and SK have been playing pretty much the same. It's amazing that Erat has been able to elevate his game the way he has, playing with those 2 dudes. They've been totally ineffective offensively...and Fisher on the PP makes me want to kill myself almost as much as Yip on the PP.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
O'Halloran was terribly out of position on last night's waive off and blew the whistle way too early. I don't blame that waive off for our loss though. The boys simply missed too many open nets when the chances presented themselves to pin the loss on that one bad call.
I agree. However, in a series of bounces and close chances, 4 waived off goals is going to end up with the offended team likely down in the series. Aside from Game 2, we could have won all three games. We SHOULD have won game 1. If the Preds players keep their heads up and confidence, they could still win this series.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Juneemoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman1 View Post
Who to believe..."Canada" or the preds beat writer?

From the Predators' beat writer Josh Cooper's chat Friday afternoon...

Quote:
Do you think the leadership team spoke with the coaches for or against 46 & 47 playing tonight?
by PredsFan28 2:31 PM

I think the leadership group had little to do with tonight's decision.
by Josh Cooper 2:31 PM

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:31 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
Who to believe..."Canada" or the preds beat writer?

From the Predators' beat writer Josh Cooper's chat Friday afternoon...

Quote:
Do you think the leadership team spoke with the coaches for or against 46 & 47 playing tonight?
by PredsFan28 2:31 PM

I think the leadership group had little to do with tonight's decision.
by Josh Cooper 2:31 PM
I don't think Cooper is a good comeback here.

he didn't even know Josi wasn't with the team on the last western conference swing until after the game started.... and he had been at practice that day..

he's wonderful if you want to know on twitter what music is playing in each arena..

glennon has done a much better job and writes.....when he has covered or supplemented for him... we have had stories in the fishwrap...

so, who knows.... cooper won't ask the hard questions ....

canadian writers are a little pushier...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote