HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2012, 11:12 PM
  #251
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
50 - 56 could be all the difference in the world. If you want to cheer for nashville go ahead but don't come into a Habs forum whining when we want what is best for the team.

Nashville is a mess anyways, they play a boring style of hockey and will probably get booted and lose half their players in the offseason.
You guys are too much! Let Trevor do his job... It doesn't matter, you know what the odds are? Maybe he should just pick a French guy no matter what's at 50-56! Seriously do you have a crystal ball? I just think it's obsessive to think a pick that late matters by 1 spot or 2. Were not talking top 5 here.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 12:10 AM
  #252
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
You guys are too much! Let Trevor do his job... It doesn't matter, you know what the odds are? Maybe he should just pick a French guy no matter what's at 50-56! Seriously do you have a crystal ball? I just think it's obsessive to think a pick that late matters by 1 spot or 2. Were not talking top 5 here.
Lots of great players were picked outside of the top 5 and yes 5 or 6 spots could be a huge difference.

The rest of this post is a mess of other arguments, I guess this post is a victim of friday night drinking.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 12:15 AM
  #253
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Those playoffs made me discovering Ekman Larsson, this kid is incredible.. I think Sweden will be team Canada's biggest challenge next olympics.. They have been producing ALOT of quality NHLers in the last couple of years.. Adam Larsson from NJ will be very good too..

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Landeskog Zetterberg Eriksson

Hornqvist Backstrom Zibanejad

Stalberg Johansson Hagelin\Steen\Paajarvi\Forsberg


Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Larsson Hedman\Enstrom\Grossman


Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!


Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 05-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 12:20 AM
  #254
muzion
Registered User
 
muzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St-Hubert, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
You guys are too much! Let Trevor do his job... It doesn't matter, you know what the odds are? Maybe he should just pick a French guy no matter what's at 50-56! Seriously do you have a crystal ball? I just think it's obsessive to think a pick that late matters by 1 spot or 2. Were not talking top 5 here.
A few years ago we wanted Johan Franzen in the 3rd round, as reported by Bob Mckenzie. He was picked 97th by Detroit, we ended up with JT Wyman with the 100th pick... Don't tell me it doesn't ****ing matter.

muzion is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 12:32 AM
  #255
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
A few years ago we wanted Johan Franzen in the 3rd round, as reported by Bob Mckenzie. He was picked 97th by Detroit, we ended up with JT Wyman with the 100th pick... Don't tell me it doesn't ****ing matter.
Sure that's gonna happen every time! Look guys I just think that the guy drafting can make the right pick that late, he got us Subban in round 2!

Player 61 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 12:39 AM
  #256
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Those playoffs made me discovering Ekman Larsson, this kid is incredible.. I think Sweden will be team Canada's biggest challenge next olympics.. They have been producing ALOT of quality NHLers in the last couple of years.. Adam Larsson from NJ will be very good too..

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Landeskog Zetterberg Eriksson

Hornqvist Backstrom Zibanejad

Stalberg Johansson Hagelin\Steen\Paajarvi\Forsberg


Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Larsson Hedman\Enstrom\Grossman


Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!
At this point I think it's clear Sweden has passed Russia and the US as Canada's biggest Olympic rival. This current generation is just unreal.

Et le But is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 12:44 AM
  #257
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
At this point I think it's clear Sweden has passed Russia and the US as Canada's biggest Olympic rival. This current generation is just unreal.
Sure! But it still depends if your playing an Olympic rink! Or an NHL Rink, where you know a truck can hit you? Correct? Shh! Canada hits no matter what rink...

Player 61 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 01:39 AM
  #258
Habitant#1
Registered User
 
Habitant#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Those playoffs made me discovering Ekman Larsson, this kid is incredible.. I think Sweden will be team Canada's biggest challenge next olympics.. They have been producing ALOT of quality NHLers in the last couple of years.. Adam Larsson from NJ will be very good too..

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Landeskog Zetterberg Eriksson

Hornqvist Backstrom Zibanejad

Stalberg Johansson Hagelin\Steen\Paajarvi\Forsberg


Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Larsson Hedman\Enstrom\Grossman


Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!
I don't know, I think their 2006 lineup won't be beaten for a while.

Habitant#1 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 02:05 AM
  #259
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
I don't know, I think their 2006 lineup won't be beaten for a while.
I feel this one is a bit deeper, but the top players were probably a bit better in 2006 and there were more strong, natural leaders on that team.

GoHomez is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 02:23 AM
  #260
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
Sure! But it still depends if your playing an Olympic rink! Or an NHL Rink, where you know a truck can hit you? Correct? Shh! Canada hits no matter what rink...
Players from those team are playing in the NHL. So no, it doesn't matter.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 02:28 AM
  #261
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,664
vCash: 500
Can't believe Trotz opted to keep Radu and AK out again. What a retarded decision.
One game for a message, sure, they guys rally and pull through.

But when you play a defensive style, against another defensive one, with a hot goalie, you put in your best offensive guys.

He also had mentioned maybe just inserting one. That would have been better as well. Keep both out again was just retarded.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 05:46 AM
  #262
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't believe Trotz opted to keep Radu and AK out again. What a retarded decision.
One game for a message, sure, they guys rally and pull through.

But when you play a defensive style, against another defensive one, with a hot goalie, you put in your best offensive guys.

He also had mentioned maybe just inserting one. That would have been better as well. Keep both out again was just retarded.
I agree. Makes no sense whatsoever. Your message was heard the first time, you know that if they come back, chances are they play great. Now, if you re-insert them, it means that you proove that you were wrong 'cause you do it because you lost. And then, your message looks more stupid. Even the greatest of coach can make the most stupid decisions. And after all this is done, and if the Preds are eliminated, we can be sure of one thing....both guys aren't back next year.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 06:01 AM
  #263
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree. Makes no sense whatsoever. Your message was heard the first time, you know that if they come back, chances are they play great. Now, if you re-insert them, it means that you proove that you were wrong 'cause you do it because you lost. And then, your message looks more stupid. Even the greatest of coach can make the most stupid decisions. And after all this is done, and if the Preds are eliminated, we can be sure of one thing....both guys aren't back next year.
Does Nashville have to resign both? We know AK is a UFA but Radulov, is he an upcoming RFA or UFA?

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 08:03 AM
  #264
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Does Nashville have to resign both? We know AK is a UFA but Radulov, is he an upcoming RFA or UFA?
RFA but if they don't sign him they may lose him as he could sign a big KHL deal. I think they either sign or trade him.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 08:05 AM
  #265
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't believe Trotz opted to keep Radu and AK out again. What a retarded decision.
One game for a message, sure, they guys rally and pull through.

But when you play a defensive style, against another defensive one, with a hot goalie, you put in your best offensive guys.

He also had mentioned maybe just inserting one. That would have been better as well. Keep both out again was just retarded.
It's a tough spot because they are sitting guys that have been playing all year to add Radulov AK and Gaustad, so when you pull something like they did it's hard to sit somebody and dress a guy that doesn't seem to care about the team much.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 08:11 AM
  #266
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't believe Trotz opted to keep Radu and AK out again. What a retarded decision.
One game for a message, sure, they guys rally and pull through.

But when you play a defensive style, against another defensive one, with a hot goalie, you put in your best offensive guys.

He also had mentioned maybe just inserting one. That would have been better as well. Keep both out again was just retarded.
The message being sent wasn't to the 2 players involved. The message was being sent to the rest of the team. Full commitment wins. You won without them most of the season and in game 3 you can do it again.

Nashville's time is coming to an end but Trotz made a team focused decision here, and he can't be blamed for that.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 08:25 AM
  #267
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's a tough spot because they are sitting guys that have been playing all year to add Radulov AK and Gaustad, so when you pull something like they did it's hard to sit somebody and dress a guy that doesn't seem to care about the team much.
A kid like Tootoo has had to sit because of the 2 party boys, in the playoffs none the less...there will be alot of hard feelings in that room right now, especially towards Radulov...I think he goes back to the KHL before Nashville ever wants to keep him now....

AK 46 is an UFA and will be gone from Nashville also...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 08:54 AM
  #268
Toastman
Registered User
 
Toastman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Those playoffs made me discovering Ekman Larsson, this kid is incredible.. I think Sweden will be team Canada's biggest challenge next olympics.. They have been producing ALOT of quality NHLers in the last couple of years.. Adam Larsson from NJ will be very good too..

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Landeskog Zetterberg Eriksson

Hornqvist Backstrom Zibanejad

Stalberg Johansson Hagelin\Steen\Paajarvi\Forsberg


Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Larsson Hedman\Enstrom\Grossman


Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!

Damn that's a scary team !!

I'm guessing you didn't put Alfredsson because of his age ?

Toastman is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 08:58 AM
  #269
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,218
vCash: 500
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...id=DL|MTL|home

What the hell @ Star Wars video with Habs...

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 09:07 AM
  #270
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
A kid like Tootoo has had to sit because of the 2 party boys, in the playoffs none the less...there will be alot of hard feelings in that room right now, especially towards Radulov...I think he goes back to the KHL before Nashville ever wants to keep him now....

AK 46 is an UFA and will be gone from Nashville also...
I'm not sure Radulov goes to the KHL but I think there is a good chance they trade his NHL rights.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 09:39 AM
  #271
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm not sure Radulov goes to the KHL but I think there is a good chance they trade his NHL rights.
Could happen, you wonder if this guy will ever grow up, and just " get it "

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 09:49 AM
  #272
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree. Makes no sense whatsoever. Your message was heard the first time, you know that if they come back, chances are they play great. Now, if you re-insert them, it means that you proove that you were wrong 'cause you do it because you lost. And then, your message looks more stupid. Even the greatest of coach can make the most stupid decisions. And after all this is done, and if the Preds are eliminated, we can be sure of one thing....both guys aren't back next year.
I think the reason he kept them out is because he won the previous game.

I'm not suggesting that that is a rational base for a decision, but that's what a lot of coaches do, they don't make changes when winning.

Nashville could have used some offense last night. A team like that shouldn't bench its two best offensive players.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 09:50 AM
  #273
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Those playoffs made me discovering Ekman Larsson, this kid is incredible.. I think Sweden will be team Canada's biggest challenge next olympics.. They have been producing ALOT of quality NHLers in the last couple of years.. Adam Larsson from NJ will be very good too..

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Landeskog Zetterberg Eriksson

Hornqvist Backstrom Zibanejad

Stalberg Johansson Hagelin\Steen\Paajarvi\Forsberg


Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Larsson Hedman\Enstrom\Grossman


Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!
Well that defense doesn't scare anyone physically, aside from Kronwall of course.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 11:15 AM
  #274
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
Nashville is going to lose Akost, Radulov and Weber.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 11:18 AM
  #275
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree. Makes no sense whatsoever. Your message was heard the first time, you know that if they come back, chances are they play great. Now, if you re-insert them, it means that you proove that you were wrong 'cause you do it because you lost. And then, your message looks more stupid. Even the greatest of coach can make the most stupid decisions. And after all this is done, and if the Preds are eliminated, we can be sure of one thing....both guys aren't back next year.
You can be sure of something else too if they lose, the decision to leave these guys out for the 2nd game will be questioned, and Trotz will be blamed for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The message being sent wasn't to the 2 players involved. The message was being sent to the rest of the team. Full commitment wins. You won without them most of the season and in game 3 you can do it again.

Nashville's time is coming to an end but Trotz made a team focused decision here, and he can't be blamed for that.
The message was sent to everybody, and the whole team supported it. It was sent when they benched those guys in game 3. The message was pretty serious considering Nashville was down 2-0, and those two guys were leading the team in pts at the time. Losing that game and dropping to 3-0 would have been horrible.
The team rallied, and won. The message was sent, you don't need to keep sending it, what's the point?
They went after those guys because they wanted to improve their depth. They remain a good team, like they were in the reg. season, but the scorers during the year, Erat-Fisher-Hornqvist have combined for 3goals. SK, only has 2pts. Needless to say, Nashville needs all the help it can get up front.

Trotz can be blamed, and will be if Nsh loses. The decision to suspend them one game was good, and the team rallied behind it. The decision to suspend again was wrong, and now, as WS has brought up, if he brings them back it won't be because the message was well sent, it'll be because they lost and that nullifies the message.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think the reason he kept them out is because he won the previous game.

I'm not suggesting that that is a rational base for a decision, but that's what a lot of coaches do, they don't make changes when winning.

Nashville could have used some offense last night. A team like that shouldn't bench its two best offensive players.
Trotz has made some changes even after wins. He switched players around his line up.
Same thing with Hitchcock in St-Louis, scratching/inserting different players.

The ''no changes after winning'' mentality is pretty ridiculous. You can win despite playing like crap, and it's not because you dodged a bullet, that you'll dodge the next one as well.

It was a mistake.

Kriss E is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.