HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
50 - 56 could be all the difference in the world. If you want to cheer for nashville go ahead but don't come into a Habs forum whining when we want what is best for the team.

Nashville is a mess anyways, they play a boring style of hockey and will probably get booted and lose half their players in the offseason.
You guys are too much! Let Trevor do his job... It doesn't matter, you know what the odds are? Maybe he should just pick a French guy no matter what's at 50-56! Seriously do you have a crystal ball? I just think it's obsessive to think a pick that late matters by 1 spot or 2. Were not talking top 5 here.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:10 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
You guys are too much! Let Trevor do his job... It doesn't matter, you know what the odds are? Maybe he should just pick a French guy no matter what's at 50-56! Seriously do you have a crystal ball? I just think it's obsessive to think a pick that late matters by 1 spot or 2. Were not talking top 5 here.
Lots of great players were picked outside of the top 5 and yes 5 or 6 spots could be a huge difference.

The rest of this post is a mess of other arguments, I guess this post is a victim of friday night drinking.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:15 AM
NewHabsEra*

Those playoffs made me discovering Ekman Larsson, this kid is incredible.. I think Sweden will be team Canada's biggest challenge next olympics.. They have been producing ALOT of quality NHLers in the last couple of years.. Adam Larsson from NJ will be very good too..

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Landeskog Zetterberg Eriksson

Hornqvist Backstrom Zibanejad

Stalberg Johansson Hagelin\Steen\Paajarvi\Forsberg

Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Larsson Hedman\Enstrom\Grossman

Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 05-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old
05-05-2012, 12:20 AM
muzion

Quote:
A few years ago we wanted Johan Franzen in the 3rd round, as reported by Bob Mckenzie. He was picked 97th by Detroit, we ended up with JT Wyman with the 100th pick... Don't tell me it doesn't ****ing matter.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
A few years ago we wanted Johan Franzen in the 3rd round, as reported by Bob Mckenzie. He was picked 97th by Detroit, we ended up with JT Wyman with the 100th pick... Don't tell me it doesn't ****ing matter.
Sure that's gonna happen every time! Look guys I just think that the guy drafting can make the right pick that late, he got us Subban in round 2!

Old
05-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Those playoffs made me discovering Ekman Larsson, this kid is incredible.. I think Sweden will be team Canada's biggest challenge next olympics.. They have been producing ALOT of quality NHLers in the last couple of years.. Adam Larsson from NJ will be very good too..

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!
At this point I think it's clear Sweden has passed Russia and the US as Canada's biggest Olympic rival. This current generation is just unreal.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
At this point I think it's clear Sweden has passed Russia and the US as Canada's biggest Olympic rival. This current generation is just unreal.
Sure! But it still depends if your playing an Olympic rink! Or an NHL Rink, where you know a truck can hit you? Correct? Shh! Canada hits no matter what rink...

Old
05-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Habitant#1

Quote:

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!
I don't know, I think their 2006 lineup won't be beaten for a while.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:05 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
I don't know, I think their 2006 lineup won't be beaten for a while.
I feel this one is a bit deeper, but the top players were probably a bit better in 2006 and there were more strong, natural leaders on that team.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Sure! But it still depends if your playing an Olympic rink! Or an NHL Rink, where you know a truck can hit you? Correct? Shh! Canada hits no matter what rink...
Players from those team are playing in the NHL. So no, it doesn't matter.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Kriss E

Can't believe Trotz opted to keep Radu and AK out again. What a retarded decision.
One game for a message, sure, they guys rally and pull through.

But when you play a defensive style, against another defensive one, with a hot goalie, you put in your best offensive guys.

He also had mentioned maybe just inserting one. That would have been better as well. Keep both out again was just retarded.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't believe Trotz opted to keep Radu and AK out again. What a retarded decision.

But when you play a defensive style, against another defensive one, with a hot goalie, you put in your best offensive guys.

He also had mentioned maybe just inserting one. That would have been better as well. Keep both out again was just retarded.
I agree. Makes no sense whatsoever. Your message was heard the first time, you know that if they come back, chances are they play great. Now, if you re-insert them, it means that you proove that you were wrong 'cause you do it because you lost. And then, your message looks more stupid. Even the greatest of coach can make the most stupid decisions. And after all this is done, and if the Preds are eliminated, we can be sure of one thing....both guys aren't back next year.

Old
05-05-2012, 06:01 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree. Makes no sense whatsoever. Your message was heard the first time, you know that if they come back, chances are they play great. Now, if you re-insert them, it means that you proove that you were wrong 'cause you do it because you lost. And then, your message looks more stupid. Even the greatest of coach can make the most stupid decisions. And after all this is done, and if the Preds are eliminated, we can be sure of one thing....both guys aren't back next year.
Does Nashville have to resign both? We know AK is a UFA but Radulov, is he an upcoming RFA or UFA?

Old
05-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Does Nashville have to resign both? We know AK is a UFA but Radulov, is he an upcoming RFA or UFA?
RFA but if they don't sign him they may lose him as he could sign a big KHL deal. I think they either sign or trade him.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

It's a tough spot because they are sitting guys that have been playing all year to add Radulov AK and Gaustad, so when you pull something like they did it's hard to sit somebody and dress a guy that doesn't seem to care about the team much.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

The message being sent wasn't to the 2 players involved. The message was being sent to the rest of the team. Full commitment wins. You won without them most of the season and in game 3 you can do it again.

Nashville's time is coming to an end but Trotz made a team focused decision here, and he can't be blamed for that.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:25 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's a tough spot because they are sitting guys that have been playing all year to add Radulov AK and Gaustad, so when you pull something like they did it's hard to sit somebody and dress a guy that doesn't seem to care about the team much.
A kid like Tootoo has had to sit because of the 2 party boys, in the playoffs none the less...there will be alot of hard feelings in that room right now, especially towards Radulov...I think he goes back to the KHL before Nashville ever wants to keep him now....

AK 46 is an UFA and will be gone from Nashville also...

Old
05-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Toastman

Quote:

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!

Damn that's a scary team !!

I'm guessing you didn't put Alfredsson because of his age ?

Old
05-05-2012, 08:58 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...id=DL|MTL|home

What the hell @ Star Wars video with Habs...

Old
05-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
A kid like Tootoo has had to sit because of the 2 party boys, in the playoffs none the less...there will be alot of hard feelings in that room right now, especially towards Radulov...I think he goes back to the KHL before Nashville ever wants to keep him now....

AK 46 is an UFA and will be gone from Nashville also...
I'm not sure Radulov goes to the KHL but I think there is a good chance they trade his NHL rights.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:39 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm not sure Radulov goes to the KHL but I think there is a good chance they trade his NHL rights.
Could happen, you wonder if this guy will ever grow up, and just " get it "

Old
05-05-2012, 09:49 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
I think the reason he kept them out is because he won the previous game.

I'm not suggesting that that is a rational base for a decision, but that's what a lot of coaches do, they don't make changes when winning.

Nashville could have used some offense last night. A team like that shouldn't bench its two best offensive players.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:

Sedin Sedin Franzen

Karlsson Edler

Kronwall Ekman Larsson

Lunqvist
Markstrom

WoW!!
Well that defense doesn't scare anyone physically, aside from Kronwall of course.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:15 AM
OneSharpMarble

Nashville is going to lose Akost, Radulov and Weber.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
You can be sure of something else too if they lose, the decision to leave these guys out for the 2nd game will be questioned, and Trotz will be blamed for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The message being sent wasn't to the 2 players involved. The message was being sent to the rest of the team. Full commitment wins. You won without them most of the season and in game 3 you can do it again.

Nashville's time is coming to an end but Trotz made a team focused decision here, and he can't be blamed for that.
The message was sent to everybody, and the whole team supported it. It was sent when they benched those guys in game 3. The message was pretty serious considering Nashville was down 2-0, and those two guys were leading the team in pts at the time. Losing that game and dropping to 3-0 would have been horrible.
The team rallied, and won. The message was sent, you don't need to keep sending it, what's the point?
They went after those guys because they wanted to improve their depth. They remain a good team, like they were in the reg. season, but the scorers during the year, Erat-Fisher-Hornqvist have combined for 3goals. SK, only has 2pts. Needless to say, Nashville needs all the help it can get up front.

Trotz can be blamed, and will be if Nsh loses. The decision to suspend them one game was good, and the team rallied behind it. The decision to suspend again was wrong, and now, as WS has brought up, if he brings them back it won't be because the message was well sent, it'll be because they lost and that nullifies the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think the reason he kept them out is because he won the previous game.

I'm not suggesting that that is a rational base for a decision, but that's what a lot of coaches do, they don't make changes when winning.

Nashville could have used some offense last night. A team like that shouldn't bench its two best offensive players.
Trotz has made some changes even after wins. He switched players around his line up.
Same thing with Hitchcock in St-Louis, scratching/inserting different players.

The ''no changes after winning'' mentality is pretty ridiculous. You can win despite playing like crap, and it's not because you dodged a bullet, that you'll dodge the next one as well.

It was a mistake.

Closed Thread