HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4: Rangers vs. Caps-Eastern Conference Semis

Old
05-05-2012, 03:26 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
If I study enough for these finals, I should be able to get out of my first year with a 4.0 GPA, so I'm trying to keep my complaining to a minimum!

Not too comfortable giving out the school name online, only because it's a (very small) private school on Long Island. I'm only in my 2nd semester, which happens to also be my 2nd semester of max credits (18 hours). Fortunately, from this point forward I will only have to take minimum credits to graduate (12 credit hours).

As a Chemistry major, having 6 less credits every semester is going to be a relief going into upper-level classes. Unfortunately, the end of this series will have to be sacrificed in the process.
4.0s are so overrated

I played hockey in college, went to two schools (one of them club, one of them NCAA) and finished school with a 3.08 or something like that. Employers are more than happy to give me a chance; I just list "leadership qualities" under my qualifications

But seriously, you're not at LIU Post, are you? I was there for my club hockey and boy... I did NOT think too highly of the education I was receiving.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
well that was informative
"That's good, thanks"

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Moosehead777

Torts didnt even respond in his presser....hahahahaha....

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:34 PM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR21 View Post
Not blaming him, but it was very weird to see Lundqvist beaten cleanly on three shots.
Lundqvist says he was guessing on Green's and Ovechkin's goals. He didn't see either apparently. As well as Lundqvist played today, I do get frustrated with him saying every shot that gets by him is either deflected or he can't see it. the Ovechkin goal he's got to make that save. How did he not see it if it hit him right in the glove?

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:34 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

It is unreal that the refs miss blatant penalties on the caps and call it on us. People are blind or blatant homers. Come out strong in the first and it's a win. Tough loss

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
well that was informative
sometimes it's what you don't say that says what you thought... and he didn't say exactly what we're all thinking.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

ROFL the reporters in that press conference were so scared to ask him a question.

Just awkward silence and staring.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:36 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

My whole days been ****'d

Double post

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:37 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Apparently if you live in Louisville you dont get the game. Dvr came up dry with 3 chan's rec'ing.

Can I get a summary? Please?

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:37 PM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
He dropped it. Maloney was furious with the call. Second game in this series when that little baby sells a call and the Craps score a PP goal. Someone needs to knock him into next year.
And he didn't drop it on the slash. He took another swipe at the puck and then dropped the stick when he fanned on the puck and saw Gaborik on a breakaway. If they call that, how do you not call a slash on the the Boyle play where his stick breaks in 2 places. Or the Callahan trip right before the Green goal.

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
sometimes it's what you don't say that says what you thought... and he didn't say exactly what we're all thinking.
Exactly. It was so passive agressive. He emphasized that the Caps got all their momentum from powerplays. Lol

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post
Lundqvist says he was guessing on Green's and Ovechkin's goals. He didn't see either apparently. As well as Lundqvist played today, I do get frustrated with him saying every shot that gets by him is either deflected or he can't see it. the Ovechkin goal he's got to make that save. How did he not see it if it hit him right in the glove?
He said that about Backstrom and Green. He said that he should have gotten Ovech****'s goal. But he was screened by Stralman in Backstrom's goal, and by McD on Green.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:44 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Whatever.

Beat the Caps at the Garden.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Apparently if you live in Louisville you dont get the game. Dvr came up dry with 3 chan's rec'ing.

Can I get a summary? Please?
first period basically opened with a penalty on stralman. it was interference, but the calls didn't stay as harsh the rest of the game. caps gained huge momentum from that, rangers came back and balanced games. ~8m if i recall caps scored a goal. lundqvist stood on his head. caps had way better quality chances then us.

second period we dominated early. anisimov scores a beauty. we had control until the caps had another pp (i believe?). either way period was fairly balanced. i think they tied it in the second.

third period was basicall a stalemate. we took a call that lead to a pp with 5-7 minutes left in the game, cally is making the play out of the zone and gets blatantly tripped/hooked down right in front of the ref with no call, puck as a result stays in the zone and goes right to the guy who shoots and scores. we don't come back to finish.

basically bad reffing all game just got amplified at the end. OH and ovi took a charge at girardi, got him in the head and shook him up, but he'll get preferential treatment because he's a star. our pp didn't finish any if i recall.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:48 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post
As much as I've killed him, I will say that he's admitted that he should have stopped some goals. I don't think he's making things up to save face. However, I still don't see who was there to screen him on the first goal.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Dorado*

Poor officiating aside NYR have to get more pucks through to the net in order to wIn

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:56 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Poor officiating aside NYR have to get more pucks through to the net in order to wIn
we got JOhn Madden over here. "the team with the most points at the end of the game, will win the game."

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:58 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
we got JOhn Madden over here. "the team with the most points at the end of the game, will win the game."
He means ACTUALLY getting shots off instead of Del Zotto shooting point plank into defenders shins. He's right, we don't get enough pucks through. Look at all the goals this series, it's getting pucks on net and getting guys in front. Can't have Del Zotto making boneheaded decisions of shooting the puck at the wrong time.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Systemfail

Give Biron a chance finally... start him in Game 5.

Lundqvist has never been superb when it comes to playoff games and maybe Biron would really surprise everyone - the Caps would really be shocked as well seeing him in goal next game - they read Lundqvist like a book now anyway

Last edited by Systemfail: 05-05-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Systemfail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
Sucks man. Feel your pain (to an extent) have 3 coming up.

And completely understand with not giving out name. But good luck.
Thanks man, good luck to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
4.0s are so overrated

I played hockey in college, went to two schools (one of them club, one of them NCAA) and finished school with a 3.08 or something like that. Employers are more than happy to give me a chance; I just list "leadership qualities" under my qualifications

But seriously, you're not at LIU Post, are you? I was there for my club hockey and boy... I did NOT think too highly of the education I was receiving.
And here I was thinking that I was doing this the right way, damn. Seriously though, I'm very jealous that you got to play some college hockey. I don't really have the time right now to play any sports, but I do miss playing some hockey.

Also, I'm not at Post. I actually haven't heard much regarding the quality of the professors/programs there, only that the campus is nice. Seems like that school isn't actually that popular among the locals.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Well, for the 1000x this year we get to see how hard this team is willing to push back and respond.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Dorado*

Pretty much sums it up .
Our 1st goal was product of a shot through at least in front of the net and it bounced down to AA
2 nd goal was a cap mix up bothed icing should have been played by Holtby and a nice
dish and finish .
Otherwise we didn't create any odd man rushes or shoot or move the puck quick enough .
If we don't score off the cycle / rod hockey play we don't usually have many quality chances .
We cycle it back to the point and Caps did a great job getting in lanes and blocking shots .
Getting pucks through towards the goal was the diff .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks for quoting Snowblind. I can finally see he wants Biron in net. LOL.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
McMonster

Stralman needs to learn how to block shots... How many times have we seen him screen Lundqvist and drop like a little girl and miss the shot block?... Either block it or get the **** out of the way so Hank can actually see it.

McMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
He means ACTUALLY getting shots off instead of Del Zotto shooting point plank into defenders shins. He's right, we don't get enough pucks through. Look at all the goals this series, it's getting pucks on net and getting guys in front. Can't have Del Zotto making boneheaded decisions of shooting the puck at the wrong time.
My bad. I did not see the "through to the net" and i completely agree with that we need more on the net. Feel like a dick now.

And on Del Zotto....hasnt hit the net all year except for game 2 when he hit the pole 2 time. Was horrible today.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote