HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4: Rangers vs. Caps-Eastern Conference Semis

Old
05-05-2012, 05:43 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Stay classy Washington

Rangers Report ‏ @rangersreport

Can't believe i just saw protesters outside Verizon Center holding photos of burning Twin Towers With signs that say "9/11 was a good thing." Sick to my stomach.
Probably the Westboro Baptist Church or some **** at it again. Not a reflection on Caps fans I'd hope, just happened to be at Verizon Center if I had to guess.

05-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Stay classy Washington

Can't believe i just saw protesters outside Verizon Center holding photos of burning Twin Towers With signs that say "9/11 was a good thing." Sick to my stomach.
throwing tissues over the glass after the 3OT... couldn't expect anything less from them. grade A cats... classy mother **********.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Dustin Peener
I wanna be sedated

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Stay classy Washington

Wow. That's what you call taking a sport way too seriously, I thought English football fans were crazy. As Bryz would say: "It is only game!"

On topic: I reffed some youth hockey games today by myself, a 1 official system, and I missed less calls than those 4 we had today.

I have aspirations to apply as an NHL official when I'm older, I think I'm a good enough skater, so you guys might see me out there in 10 years time. I'm already lining in the British 2nd tier at age 19, I hope when I've finished University I'll be doing British top tier which is ECHL standard. My realistic goal is to officiate in an IIHF tournament, and I'd love to go to Sweden or Germany to do DEL/SEL. Anyone can apply to be an NHL official as long as you meet the skating requirements and they take into account your experience, so I don't think it's too unrealistic a dream for me.

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 05:50 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGFaithful View Post
Good to know. Send someone out to headshot him now, then. It's obviously a legal play.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 05:52 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Quote:
Stay classy Washington

Please don't generalize those idiots as the rest of Washington.

9/11 was an American tragedy, not just NY or DC. This incident has NOTHING to do with this series or really anything for that matter.

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Stay classy Washington

Isn't the Pentagon which was also attacked that day like pissing distance from the arena?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Lundqvist was passable today, but he wasn't great. When Lundqvist isn't great, we lose. That's been a problem with this team all year.

Old
05-05-2012, 06:13 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
This was a 2-2 game until the officials totally manufactured the circumstances to give the Capitals an advantage. The Rangers played far from great, but this was a 2-2 game until the referees took it into their own hands.
The Caps started pressing the Rangers in the 3rd after unforced turnovers and poor effort. Boyle, Prust and Hagelin in particular.

If the Rangers werent so sloppy with the puck , they wouldnt have given the Caps the opportunities to draw questionable penalties.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
The Caps started pressing the Rangers in the 3rd after unforced turnovers and poor effort. Boyle, Prust and Hagelin in particular.

If the Rangers werent so sloppy with the puck , they wouldnt have given the Caps the opportunities to draw questionable penalties.
Prust has had just a dismal post-season from game 1 to game 11.

Old
05-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Its too bad because the guy is a UFA and i'd really like to see him back with this team next season.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:18 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Isn't the Pentagon which was also attacked that day like pissing distance from the arena?
dude, let's not get started with this. 9/11 was horrible, and I firmly believe it was not caps fans that held up those signs, cuz that's just ****ing disgusting.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Its too bad because the guy is a UFA and i'd really like to see him back with this team next season.
Well I would like to as well, but he has to show something better than what he's shown.

Old
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
dude, let's not get started with this. 9/11 was horrible, and I firmly believe it was not caps fans that held up those signs, cuz that's just ****ing disgusting.
Yeah that's not even a fan, that's just a troll.

Old
05-05-2012, 06:24 PM
bettercallstaal
Stepan Stepan Stepan

I'm not going to blame the refs... even though they were terrible again. It was bad both ways. We played like utter **** today... that's all there is to it.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:27 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
Me too -- on the 4th line playing 9-11 mins a game for about 750K.

The fact that his TOI has gone up from 12 mins in the regular season to 14+ in the playoffs is proof that Sather made a mistake not adding a depth forward or two at the deadline.

Old
05-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I reckoned this would go at least 6 games, likely 7. But it is imperative that we win, otherwise that seed of doubt is planted moving forward.

We have a great opportunity this season and we cannot blow it in the 2nd round. Simple as that.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:28 PM
rangers5000

what did the nbc guys say, i watched the cbc feed, i heard milbury said something about the ovy hit, can somebody give me a recap on what went on, and how bias were they today

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:32 PM
The Lone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
For the record, I think we got screwed. The Hagelin penalty, the no-call on the Callahan trip, and the no-call on the delay of game. I don't believe in NHL agendas, I just think the refs blow.
Not to mention the zebras missing an occasion where the Craps had too many skaters on the ice.

Oh well. It's a best of 3 from now,... and if it comes down to a game 7, we'll have it in our house.

The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:35 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
I reckoned this would go at least 6 games, likely 7. But it is imperative that we win, otherwise that seed of doubt is planted moving forward.

We have a great opportunity this season and we cannot blow it in the 2nd round. Simple as that.
Seriously.

I mean, think about if I told you on April 1st that for the Rangers to win the Cup, they would have to get through Ottawa, Washington, the Devils and likely Phoenix or LA????

I'll chalk up the sluggish game to two things:

1) 1230 game.
2) No pressure being up 2-1.

Old
05-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
No rocket science here but Pruster is a fighter , energy guy and PKer otherwise known as a 4 th liner .
Missing Dubi lack of finish and all makes this team in the bottom 6 even slower .
Love me some Prust in the reg season but in the PO it would be nice to have some one who plays physical and could create a few chances in the middle of the ice off the rush .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:41 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Me too -- on the 4th line playing 9-11 mins a game for about 750K.

The fact that his TOI has gone up from 12 mins in the regular season to 14+ in the playoffs is proof that Sather made a mistake not adding a depth forward or two at the deadline.
Brian Rolston was available on waivers for NOTHING. Why they didn't pick him up is beyond me. Yes, I know he fought for the Union in the Civil War and he doesn't bring jam, but can you imagine how much his PP ability could have helped this team?

Chris Stewart is another one. He's not coming back to STL and is in Hitch's doghouse half the time. How much would he have cost?

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Good to know. Send someone out to headshot him now, then. It's obviously a legal play.
I really don't think Ovi is a bad guy. I thought Neil intended to injure Boyle. I think Ovi just needs to realize that he needs to be more careful with leaving the ice/getting the head on his follow-through.

Gi even said that he just thought Ovi was a physical guy who plays with an edge. I hope he gets suspended because regardless of intent it was a suspendable hit, but this isn't a guy you go goon on. He's a physical player who gets carried away.

I always think of Ovi as one of those guys who still realizes that it's just a game out there, and he tries to have fun with it not realizing that he could end a guy's career. Remember he is Russian after all... those guys are crazy!

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Dustin Peener
I wanna be sedated

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
I always think of Ovi as one of those guys who still realizes that it's just a game out there, and he tries to have fun with it not realizing that he could end a guy's career. Remember he is Russian after all... those guys are crazy!

Putin is awesome purely for this:

There's also that FPS Russia guy on youtube, he drove to McDonalds drive-thru in an armored car

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Prust's poor play can probably be chalked up to him playing injured.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Baby Punisher

Hey guys. I just got back from DC. Did he Rangers look bad on TV today? I thought that both teams looked slow & off pace most of the game.

I felt that both goalies were very up & down. I thought Ovi's hit on Girardi was borderline.

Only haveing 3 shots on goal after the first period is unacceptable. We need to crash the net more. Holtby let some big juicy rebounds go today & there is not one Ranger at the bottom of the circle to cash in.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote