HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game 4: Rangers vs. Caps-Eastern Conference Semis

Old
05-05-2012, 07:42 PM
ltsthinaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Its too bad because the guy is a UFA and i'd really like to see him back with this team next season.
Not his fault totally - he gives great effort always, he's just limited as a player, and the problem is Torts, who has him playing a regular, out when we're down a goal with 2:30 left in the game, etc. He is great if his role is limited to a strictly 4th line/PKer/energy fight guy when needed and character guy in the lockeroom.

I watched the game on DVR today. We can complain about the refs all we want (and the call on Hagelin and the non-call on Callahan were absolutely G*d-awful), but the larger problem is we just cannot finish the myriaf of opportunities we had to win the game. Plus the power play was horrendous and led directly to the first goal. Still think we are far superior to the Craps and will win the series, but I wonder when going so deep in series is going to catch up with us. McDonagh was good again today, but he looks a little worn down by all the minutes. And someone has to tell Del Zotto to be more decisive on the power play or get off it.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:49 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
what did the nbc guys say, i watched the cbc feed, i heard milbury said something about the ovy hit, can somebody give me a recap on what went on, and how bias were they today
Milbury said he thought Ovi should get a fine because he did leave his skates. Jones said "if it's bad enough for a fine, he should be suspended, 'cause he's a repeat offender" and Milbury replied "oh well".

If someone said the Rangers had 46 goals in a game on 400 shots, and won 46-1, Milbury would criticize the Rangers defense.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Fataldogg

IMO, people shouldn't criticize Lundqvist. He let up two stoppable shots, but the Green one I wouldn't exactly say was a bad goal.

He pulled saves out of his ass today. He was the only goaltender genuinely tested. Capitals could have had five or six goals based on the chances they got. Rangers lost because they only played 20 minutes of quality hockey. That and that only.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Again it has come down to a best two out of three series. Two of them are at home, so we can do this.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:04 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
IMO, people shouldn't criticize Lundqvist. He let up two stoppable shots, but the Green one I wouldn't exactly say was a bad goal.

He pulled saves out of his ass today. He was the only goaltender genuinely tested. Capitals could have had five or six goals based on the chances they got. Rangers lost because they only played 20 minutes of quality hockey. That and that only.
Lundy was outstanding at many points today but he can't give up goals like that(Ovechkin and Green)....they are momentum changers....not just in a game but also a series. The Caps were given new life and were flying after the first goal.

I still have confidence in winning this series.

As far as criticizing, I want Lundqvist to be lights out and be a Stanley Cup winning goalie. To think about all the great goalies in NHL History, many were unbeatable and raised their level of play in the SC playoffs. Lundy has been beatable so far, I agree the Rangers did not play well today but that is when you must steal victory. I expect greater things from Lundqvist because I know he can do it, he has to raise his level as good as he's been...this is the time when the greats rise to the occasion.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:10 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I'm not using this as an excise but I think the 12:30 start really messed with them. You don't have your legs at that time and there's a lack of intensity, mess of routine, etc.

I'm nowhere near a professional athlete but I like to be up for a few hours, have at least two meals in my body, a nap, etc. before I play.

It was a ridiculous starting time.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:30 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I'm not using this as an excise but I think the 12:30 start really messed with them. You don't have your legs at that time and there's a lack of intensity, mess of routine, etc.

I'm nowhere near a professional athlete but I like to be up for a few hours, have at least two meals in my body, a nap, etc. before I play.

BLAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....that's the best one, I'm sorry but your the winner my friend

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
BLAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....that's the best one, I'm sorry but your the winner my friend
BLAHAHAHA.

Go back to the golf course.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Icetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Stay classy Washington

Rangers Report ‏ @rangersreport

Can't believe i just saw protesters outside Verizon Center holding photos of burning Twin Towers With signs that say "9/11 was a good thing." Sick to my stomach.

Because every group of nutjobs that shows up in Washington D.C. with crazy signs are Caps fans?

Get real.

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:48 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
I'm having a bad week not just because of this team I root for but other stuff and I don't need people starting stuff on the internet. It was a theory, I'm not gonna say anything to get myself banned but it's all implied. Have a wonderful life Mr. Islander fan

Old
05-05-2012, 11:40 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Yay golfing.

05-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Your team is moving to Kansas City because no one likes them. Now go away.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Any hole in one's yet?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:48 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

Both teams had to deal with it and the Rangers have been good in afternoon games all year.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Rangers have become the New York Giants.

No games are blowouts, luck doesn't exist, and easy isn't part of our vocabulary.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:56 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Rangers have become the New York Giants.

No games are blowouts, luck doesn't exist, and easy isn't part of our vocabulary.
Except in their 2 must win games at the end of the season and their first 2 playoff games were blowouts, someone.

Old
05-06-2012, 12:57 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Except in their 2 must win games at the end of the season and their first 2 playoff games were blowouts, someone.
That's the Giants I'm talking about.

Old
05-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That's the Giants I'm talking about.
Ah true, but they always seem to draw the hatred of the officials and are determined to give their fan base cardiac problems.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 01:14 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Ah true, but they always seem to draw the hatred of the officials and are determined to give their fan base cardiac problems.
Yeah for most of the season. At least they had an elite QB, 2 of the best WRs in the game, and the best pass rush in the game. So they had the pieces for blowouts. I don't think the Rangers have horses for blowouts.

P.S. That "someone" should read "somewhat".

Old
05-06-2012, 01:17 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I can only hope in my lifetime that the Rangers become the NY Football Giants; the most consistent and steady franchise I root for. Sure they've had their blunders along the way but overall they're always solid and in it. Rangers are on their way there I hope.

I've never let a Giants loss get to me the way it does with this team. Different playing once a week vs. every day for most of the year including Traverse City, Preseason, etc.

Old
05-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Wow. That's what you call taking a sport way too seriously, I thought English football fans were crazy. As Bryz would say: "It is only game!"

On topic: I reffed some youth hockey games today by myself, a 1 official system, and I missed less calls than those 4 we had today.

I have aspirations to apply as an NHL official when I'm older, I think I'm a good enough skater, so you guys might see me out there in 10 years time. I'm already lining in the British 2nd tier at age 19, I hope when I've finished University I'll be doing British top tier which is ECHL standard. My realistic goal is to officiate in an IIHF tournament, and I'd love to go to Sweden or Germany to do DEL/SEL. Anyone can apply to be an NHL official as long as you meet the skating requirements and they take into account your experience, so I don't think it's too unrealistic a dream for me.
You wouldn't survive 1 day as an NHL ref. one of the requirements is you have to be a dumbass

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:33 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
I've never let a Giants loss get to me the way it does with this team. Different playing once a week vs. every day for most of the year including Traverse City, Preseason, etc.
What about the refs botching calls when the Giants played the Packers? The second game wasn't the bad because the Packers looked human, but still those, calls.

Or how about when we botched that 20+ point lead against the Eagles.

For crying out loud, we lost against the Redskins, twice!

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
i am still frustrated....after game 2 i was able to let it go by the next morning...but to happen again is taking longer for me to let go....i am soooo upset that the officials decided the end of the game....yeah the rangers ultimately made mistakes that lead to goals, but battled back to tie it....7 minutes left the refs skip a real slash call that would have lead to a rangers pp, then call hagelin for skating with gabby and carlson dropping his stick, and then miss a blatant trip that caused cally unable to clear the zone that lead to the caps gwg....just remarkable that series of events that lead to that gwg...i cant imagine how enraged the rangers are if i am this annoyed still....

here is a crazy thought NHL...use the SAME refs/linesmen for the series in order to keep consistency because the refs now call games soooo differently from one another it is phenomenal...i really hope this is A) either figured out and FIXED before next season or B) a good number of teams either standup and tell bettman to fix it or dispand and start up a new pro hockey league in the usa/canada

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:48 AM
arunnair87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Lundy was outstanding at many points today but he can't give up goals like that(Ovechkin and Green)....they are momentum changers....not just in a game but also a series. The Caps were given new life and were flying after the first goal.

I still have confidence in winning this series.

As far as criticizing, I want Lundqvist to be lights out and be a Stanley Cup winning goalie. To think about all the great goalies in NHL History, many were unbeatable and raised their level of play in the SC playoffs. Lundy has been beatable so far, I agree the Rangers did not play well today but that is when you must steal victory. I expect greater things from Lundqvist because I know he can do it, he has to raise his level as good as he's been...this is the time when the greats rise to the occasion.
Lundqvist's playoff stats: 1.68 GAA, .940 SV
Lundqvist's regular season stats: 1.97 GAA, .930 SV

Ranger's offense:
Regular season: 2.75 Goals per game average
Playoffs: 2.09 Goals per game average

Our PP is only 0.1% better than the regular season...

How much more can Lundqvist do? He stepped up his game and everyone else is playing like it's the regular season.

arunnair87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

We only showed up to play in the 2nd period..

But if we could beat the sens twice in a row, we can take the caps..

I still believe...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote