Notices

Jonas Brodin (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 500
After noticing that a couple of messages were moved to the WHC thread from here, I realized that the "Prospect Info" prefix is lacking.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
No, it's fine.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
No, it's fine.
Well, I guess then I'm just going to have to politely disagree with your opinion.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Fel 96
JFC

The original thread was created on draft day so no need to do that.

We obviously know he is a prospect.

Carry on.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Haite
x

Well, I was thinking more from the "finding the thread" stand point .

But to try to stay more on topic, to me Brodin has seemed sound defensively against the Czech Republic. He was just on the ice when Sweden was scored against, but I'd put it on the goalie.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:02 PM
SouthSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Well, I was thinking more from the "finding the thread" stand point .

But to try to stay more on topic, to me Brodin has seemed sound defensively against the Czech Republic. He was just on the ice when Sweden was scored against, but I'd put it on the goalie.
Wow what a game from Brodin today. Not a single mistake, very good and easy passes to clear the zone, even some slalom thru the czech players.

May 5th was the day we lost Brodin to the NHL sadly. Have been unsure earlier but today Bacon showed he is NHL ready by a mile.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:10 PM
melinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
Wow what a game from Brodin today. Not a single mistake, very good and easy passes to clear the zone, even some slalom thru the czech players.

May 5th was the day we lost Brodin to the NHL sadly. Have been unsure earlier but today Bacon showed he is NHL ready by a mile.
Do you think Brodin will play the rest of the WC? or do you think he could get scratched again?

Old
05-05-2012, 05:17 PM
SouthSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
Do you think Brodin will play the rest of the WC? or do you think he could get scratched again?
Well he sure did impress both me and the coach who praised Bacon after the game.
But still I guess Brodin is the one that will be cut if a player from NHL is coming. Even tho Brodin has been more impressive than other D's so far.

He is registered now so he will be available no matter the outcome of the NHL games.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:24 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

I'm very excited for Brodin to come over.
I know the NHL is more physical and faster and all that jazz and he still is gaining muscle/weight, but he's just so smart and calm and such a great skater. If Spurgeon has shown me anything it's that if you play smart enough you can overcome most of the physical deficiencies.

Old
05-05-2012, 06:06 PM
forthewild

Quote:

I can't wait to see him play here, and can't wait to get his NHL jersey.

Old
05-05-2012, 06:08 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Bay-con! Bay-con! Bay-con!

Old
05-05-2012, 08:22 PM
SouthSwe

Copied Joe89's post from the other thread:

"Brodin played 18:20 in his Worlds debut. Got some good reviews from his team mates aswell..

Marts(coach): "He's so calm och was doing very well. He's a big player. Too bad he will be gone [to the NHL] if he gets to play a lot here. We'll have to hide him somewhere."

Kronwall: "It's impressive. You could see it already at the first practice that he will be a very special player. He feels like a new Kenny Jonsson, not a mistake and he always comes out with the puck. He takes the right decisions. We'll see a lot more of him in the future. His hockey sense is better than most others."

Alfredsson: "Fun to watch Brodin, I've never seen him play before. He's 18 years old and steps in and plays this good. It's impressive."

Old
05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
forthewild

Quote:

"Brodin played 18:20 in his Worlds debut. Got some good reviews from his team mates aswell..

Marts(coach): "He's so calm och was doing very well. He's a big player. Too bad he will be gone [to the NHL] if he gets to play a lot here. We'll have to hide him somewhere."

Kronwall: "It's impressive. You could see it already at the first practice that he will be a very special player. He feels like a new Kenny Jonsson, not a mistake and he always comes out with the puck. He takes the right decisions. We'll see a lot more of him in the future. His hockey sense is better than most others."

Alfredsson: "Fun to watch Brodin, I've never seen him play before. He's 18 years old and steps in and plays this good. It's impressive."
my brodin hard-on just grew bigger, since i got home from the draft and looked him up, he's been my favorite prospect and its growing, he is about to overtake koivu as my favorite player period. (needs to suit up for the Wild)

Old
05-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Great to hear!

Can't wait to see what he does at the Wild camp.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
my brodin hard-on just grew bigger, since i got home from the draft and looked him up, he's been my favorite prospect and its growing, he is about to overtake koivu as my favorite player period. (needs to suit up for the Wild)
Definitely. Same for me, as well. Its definitely arousing to hear such great players give our prospect rave reviews.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:50 PM
SouthSwe

Im watching thru all the interviews after the game and when Brodin was interviewed the last question was why he's called Bacon on some forum hahaha
The journalist must have been to HFboards cuz he's not really known as Bacon on Farjestads forum.

I lol'd hard at that question So did all the Färjestad players watching the telly.

The answer was that he ate pasta and bacon before every game the past season, therefore our veteran D Sanny Lindström started calling him Bacon on a regular basis.

Brodin after the game also answered a question if he was nervous: "I think it's unnessary to be nervous on the ice."

This experience will do him so good. Already u can see him much more calm in interwiews compared to before. Even smiling and more well spoken, much much more relaxed.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Its always nice to hear that our team is getting someone who can actually articulate their thoughts.

I think media must use HFboards as an inside source.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Oh god does that mean were all associated with eklund?

Old
05-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Avder's secretly Shep Harder. e4

Old
05-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Happy to hear all the praise for Brodin.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Ovechkid08

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Pretty much the same opinion here minus the Koivu thing, Kaptain will always hold the number 1 spot in my heart. Brodin is just so smart and smooth looking on the ice, I have very high hopes for him as he comes over and starts his NHL career.

Old
05-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Well based on his play so far it looks like he has a damn good chance to make the Wild roster next year. Fletcher said it's either the NHL or back to the SEL for him next year, correct?

Old
05-06-2012, 12:56 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Well based on his play so far it looks like he has a damn good chance to make the Wild roster next year. Fletcher said it's either the NHL or back to the SEL for him next year, correct?
He initially said that, but then later said there are some within the organization who think it would be better for him to go to the AHL rather than the SEL.

Old
05-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Haite
x

Quote:

[IMG]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19900000/I-Have-The-Weirdest-*****-Right-Now-xxxsk8trxxx-19969027-400-300.jpg[/IMG]

Old
05-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Where do you guys get these pictures?

Closed Thread