05-04-2012, 03:25 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPeyton View Post

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Friberg-Galchenyuk-Etem
DSP-Holland-Palmieri

With guys like Bonino, Beleskey, McMillan, O'Marra and others filling out the fourth line, and guys like Fowler, Sbisa, Vatanen, Clark and maybe even Schultz on D, with Gibson in net. Obviously won't happen, but wow, just imagine the possibilities.
Looks good. There are still guys like Karlsson, Cramarossa, Welinski and Wagner who too could make an impact. And Rakell was already mentioned too.

My version of the possible lineup:

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Galchenyuk-Ryan
Rakell-Holland-Palmieri
Friberg/Beleskey-Bonino/Karlsson/O'Marra-McMillan/Cramarossa

Fowler-Beauchemin
Schultz-Sbisa
Vatanen-Welinski
Clark

Hiller
Gibson
Fasth

Those possible 2nd and 3rd line could be gold. There could basically be two 2nd lines and 4th would be an energy line that could score aswell. The goodness of the defence depends on Schultz's decision. Goalie situation should be very good if Fasth signs with the Ducks.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:41 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I'm totally with JabbaJabba here. The potential depth of our top9 the coming years is simply fantastic. We could also potentially rejoin the RPG-line and have "two" 2nd lines.

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Galchenyuk-Palmieri
Rakell-Holland-DSP
Beleskey-Bonino-McMillan (or some other rubbish)

1st line = in a normal season the best line in the league
2nd line = two goalscorers and one top prospect
3rd line = excellent two-way players with skills, physique and playmaking

Or:

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Galchenyuk-Palmieri
Rakell-Holland-Friberg
DSP-Bonino-Cogliano

But I believe its better to trade Cogs for some shutdown defenseman.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Okay, so you idiots had me worried about Etem. I watched the "51 in 50" video of his goals...wtf is this crap about the majority of his goals being scored on breakaways or as a result of being stronger? What a load. I counted 12 breakaways in that package, and perhaps another 5 or 6 where he just overpowered guys.

For the rest of them he was causing turnovers, one-timing it off feeds from #9 (who he seemed to have great chemistry with), cutting through the high slot Koivu-style. He looks EXACTLY like Selanne when comes down the right wing near the boards and scores into the far side corner. He shows plenty of scorer's instincts.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Okay, so you idiots had me worried about Etem. I watched the "51 in 50" video of his goals...wtf is this crap about the majority of his goals being scored on breakaways or as a result of being stronger? What a load. I counted 12 breakaways in that package, and perhaps another 5 or 6 where he just overpowered guys.

For the rest of them he was causing turnovers, one-timing it off feeds from #9 (who he seemed to have great chemistry with), cutting through the high slot Koivu-style. He looks EXACTLY like Selanne when comes down the right wing near the boards and scores into the far side corner. He shows plenty of scorer's instincts.

i bet you actually are either Emerson, or his mother

Old
05-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Paul4587

Quote:

I counted well over 30 goals scored at a high speed off the rush, not necessarily breakaways but dangling through defensemen and using his superior speed and build to power through/past guys. Which will translate to an extent to the NHL because he's got a great shot but he doesn't have Selanne or Perry type instincts where he will manage to get open in the high scoring areas without defensemen noticing him.

Old
05-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I counted well over 30 goals scored at a high speed off the rush, not necessarily breakaways but dangling through defensemen and using his superior speed and build to power through/past guys. Which will translate to an extent to the NHL because he's got a great shot but he doesn't have Selanne or Perry type instincts where he will manage to get open in the high scoring areas without defensemen noticing him.
Why don't we wait to see if he can adapt those skills to the pro-level before we start ruling out his instincts?

Old
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

My impression was that his general hockey sense wasn't in question. Maybe a tiny bit of tunnel vision. But not really the "slip into a hole for the the one-timer" hockey sense. Or the "be where the puck will end up" hockey sense.

What I feel was more in question was his offensive vision and ability to use his linemates. He had a great season, but he didn't really improve very much statically in terms of assists. At least compared to the improvement in goals.

Old
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:

It's a bunch of blarg, that's all I can say, on the PP his goals come from being smart and talented. I've honestly given up defending him here because the things people say are just ridiculous. don't waste your time, you'll just be met with a bunch of people who watched him at the WJC's and determined he is overrated

Old
05-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
It's a bunch of blarg, that's all I can say, on the PP his goals come from being smart and talented. I've honestly given up defending him here because the things people say are just ridiculous. don't waste your time, you'll just be met with a bunch of people who watched him at the WJC's and determined he is overrated
You still don't understand that no one actually thinks this?

Old
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

It is hard to defend a prospect from criticism that nobody actually makes.

Old
05-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Why don't we wait to see if he can adapt those skills to the pro-level before we start ruling out his instincts?
Yup.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:02 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
You still don't understand that no one actually thinks this?
Yes alot of you do because that's what most people here saw. Most of you have probably never watched a full Tigers game before, on the PP he'll put all that "hockey sense" or "intelligence" garbage to rest, a dumb player doesn't have the instincts he does and the willingness to go to the tough areas. I honestly cannot wait for him to prove all the people here wrong that he's nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd liner

Old
05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Yes alot of you do because that's what most people here saw. Most of you have probably never watched a full Tigers game before, on the PP he'll put all that "hockey sense" or "intelligence" garbage to rest, a dumb player doesn't have the instincts he does and the willingness to go to the tough areas. I honestly cannot wait for him to prove all the people here wrong that he's nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd liner

Well, you sure told them; whoever these mystery people are.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dude, where are you getting this?

Old
05-05-2012, 11:07 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

vCash: 331
Quote:

Well, you sure told them; whoever these mystery people are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Around here no one is saying that, but I have seen some of what he's been describing around the prospect forums.

Old
05-06-2012, 12:29 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
People on this very section constantly question his hockey sense and "hockey IQ" and i find it very ignorant, it also happens in the prospect section and i'm tired of it! it's lazy and not true and I have a theory as to why, but I do not want to get banned

Old
05-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Why would you get banned for thinking people want to see him perform against adults better than he did 8 months ago before anointing him the future of the first line?

Ohhhhhhh, because you'd rather make veiled accusations of racism rather than read what people post. Got it.

Old
05-06-2012, 12:59 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Clearly we have to bow down and kiss all our prospect toes, otherwise we're being disrespectful

Old
05-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
People on this very section constantly question his hockey sense and "hockey IQ" and i find it very ignorant, it also happens in the prospect section and i'm tired of it! it's lazy and not true and I have a theory as to why, but I do not want to get banned
Just because not everybody wants to hype all of our prospects like they're the second coming of Gretzky doesn't make us ignorant. And if your theory is what I think it is, it's complete BS.

Old
05-06-2012, 01:13 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Huh racism? i take it none of you follow his twitter account?

Old
05-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Paul4587

What does his twitter account have to do with anything?

Old
05-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Huh racism? i take it none of you follow his twitter account?
You wouldn't be banned for calling out racist a-holes that harass Etem on Twitter. Your comment was clearly aimed at people here. Stop pretending that you didn't just toss a handful of Godwin at everyone here that disagrees with you.

Old
05-06-2012, 01:32 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Whoa my joke is over your heads
You guys didn't know he's an Open Justin Bieber fan?
sigh, i'll never make another joke

Old
05-06-2012, 01:45 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
What the hell?

Anyway I think it's better to be even keeled or even skeptic with prospects because they haven't proven anything. Unless the prospect is like at a Crosby level. For years, Toronto hyped the hell out of Stajan and looked what he turned into.

Old
05-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Whoa my joke is over your heads
You guys didn't know he's an Open Justin Bieber fan?
sigh, i'll never make another joke
Just stop. You're only digging yourself a bigger hole here.

As for the Etem debate. He is a great prospect but he isn't a can't miss prospect. ****, no prospect is ever can't miss. Can't we just leave it at that and wait and see. This discussion has been absolutely exhausted.

Closed Thread