HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Old
05-06-2012, 11:04 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I don't think Cooper is a good comeback here.

he didn't even know Josi wasn't with the team on the last western conference swing until after the game started.... and he had been at practice that day..

he's wonderful if you want to know on twitter what music is playing in each arena..

glennon has done a much better job and writes.....when he has covered or supplemented for him... we have had stories in the fishwrap...

so, who knows.... cooper won't ask the hard questions ....

canadian writers are a little pushier...
I saw a quote attributed to Weber between games 3 and 4 that said something along the lines of if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:20 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I don't think Cooper is a good comeback here.

he didn't even know Josi wasn't with the team on the last western conference swing until after the game started.... and he had been at practice that day..

he's wonderful if you want to know on twitter what music is playing in each arena..

glennon has done a much better job and writes.....when he has covered or supplemented for him... we have had stories in the fishwrap...

so, who knows.... cooper won't ask the hard questions ....

canadian writers are a little pushier...
How would Canadian writers know what the leadership group said? They're never around, just flying in for an occasional game. Additionally, the "the players don't want them in the locker room" story sounds a lot less likely, but also much more sensational and will likely pique interest from Canadian readership that has little interest in the Preds.

Cooper's tweet seems perfectly reasonable. While I'm sure Trotz listened to any leadership input, they don't make the decisions.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Everlong
-

Lines really shaken up at practice

47-13-46, 10-12-33, 27-11-57, 74-28-18,

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post

This is close to what we were talking about at the end of game 4, spread out all of the scoring. Coyotes get last shift change at home, now they can't focus on shutting down one line.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Via Forechecker:

"We have leadership in the dressing room that keeps guys on the straight and narrow." - Tippet. Shot at the #Preds leadership?

I hope Weber teaches them a lesson next game...
I don't usually post in the opposing team's thread but I really think that this should be clarified.

Tippett was NOT taking a shot across the bow of the Nashville organization.

Tippett was referring to the distraction of the ownership mess we have going on and also to the distractions in the players homes when the wives and kids would read an "imminent relocation" article from Shoalts or some other Bozo in Canada.

Good luck tomorrow. May the winner of this series take home the cup!

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:44 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:

every line should at least be able to contribute. except the fourth line.

still don't get why yip is a permanent fix over guys like smith, halischuk, wilson, and tootoo. although wilson looks to get another nod (how could he not) .. anyone else got an explanation for what yip is doing to be getting guaranteed ice time and 1st PP minutes at that. seriously confused.. maybe im missing something? usually im pretty good at seeing more than just the surface of what a player brings to the table

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:51 AM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
This is close to what we were talking about at the end of game 4, spread out all of the scoring. Coyotes get last shift change at home, now they can't focus on shutting down one line.
I agree that we need to mess with the Phoenix defensive matchups and get them guessing. I like Wilson with Fisher and Erat as SK has really been the guy dragging that line down. AK Spaling Radulov? That sure is a strange combo but if that is the 3rd line they could get some great matchups to score upon and if the yotes try to matchup their top defensemen against them more opportunites for the other lines. SK Gaustad Yip is the strangest combo ever.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:16 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
I don't usually post in the opposing team's thread but I really think that this should be clarified.

Tippett was referring to the distraction of the ownership mess we have going on and also to the distractions in the players homes when the wives and kids would read an "imminent relocation" article from Shoalts or some other Bozo in Canada.

Just curious. Do you have any context for the comment? Honestly I don't care if Tippet intended it to be a shot or not (people aren't going to be controlled even if you think your morals are up to the challenge). I'm interested in seeing the rest of the conversation rather than just one remark quoted/paraphrased in a tweet.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I hope Shea Weber goes absolutely ape**** tomorrow. I mean, two goals, a fight, and a huge clean hit. Time for him to prove he is our leader.

SK and the Fish better step up too. They're supposed to be some of our top offensive players and just arent cutting it right now.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Just saw the lines at practice. All I can say is . Except I'd love Hali and Smith in. Still, Looks better than what we had.

Old
05-06-2012, 12:29 PM
NoNecksCurse

if fisher, sk, and legwand played to their level.. we'd be up 3-1 right now if not already waiting for LA... these guys have to show us something. otherwise maybe a new core of forwards could be looked at.

Old
05-06-2012, 12:34 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post

Yeah i felt that wouldve been a little out of character for Tippet.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
if fisher, sk, and legwand played to their level.. we'd be up 3-1 right now if not already waiting for LA... these guys have to show us something. otherwise maybe a new core of forwards could be looked at.
no kidding, the scoring lines have been pretty bad for the last two months probably. Radulov sparked them a little during the last portion of the regular season, and though he hasn't always been terrible in the playoffs, he hasn't had the same impact.

Pekka hasn't been lights out either. I don't think the defense overall has played bad, even though Suter and Weber are getting called out right now for leadership and not being the star player every night, the defensive unit has been good enough. Team defense as a whole can be questioned, especially games 1 and 2 of this series. But again that's the forwards we're talking about, other than Erat the whole group has been underwhelming.

Old
05-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Just curious. Do you have any context for the comment? Honestly I don't care if Tippet intended it to be a shot or not (people aren't going to be controlled even if you think your morals are up to the challenge). I'm interested in seeing the rest of the conversation rather than just one remark quoted/paraphrased in a tweet.
Here is the link.
http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...=868&id=176373

The quote posted by Erik Estrada actually started with "Adversity is [pause] that's just who we are.We have..." It's at the 2:40 mark.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 03:17 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:

Interesting. That 4th line makes we want to throw up in my mouth, as does Spaling centering a scoring line with the booze twins. But whatever, it can't be any worse that the past 4 games.

Quote:
every line should at least be able to contribute. except the fourth line.

still don't get why yip is a permanent fix over guys like smith, halischuk, wilson, and tootoo. although wilson looks to get another nod (how could he not) .. anyone else got an explanation for what yip is doing to be getting guaranteed ice time and 1st PP minutes at that. seriously confused.. maybe im missing something? usually im pretty good at seeing more than just the surface of what a player brings to the table
My theory is that Yip somehow intercepted cell phone pic of Trotz' crank that Barry had meant to send to one of the ice girls. That can be the only explanation.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Weber

Weber's Nashville's franchise player. He's the heart and soul of the club... He's been great defensively but, if the Preds want to get back in this series, he really needs to take charge offensively.

Phoenix has neutralised his shot and he hasn't pulled off his offensive sneak plays... More than Rads or anything else, if Weber starts producing offensively, this will add a whole new dimension to this serie.

PS: If what Tippet said was a personal swipe at him, he really needs to show him who's boss.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:40 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:

10-12-33 should be interesting. If there was ever a time where Trotz was telling Colin Wilson "here's your chance," this is it. Should be a hard working line.

27-11-57 makes sense. Hornqvist and Bourque should bring a lot of intensity to that line.

47-13-46...if only Spaling was a better playmaker. Oh well...he should at least bring some defensive balance to that line.

74-28-18 is a mess. I understand the demotion for SK...but the continued love affair for Yip disturbs me. Yip on the powerplay disturbs me. Yip never being scratched while Halischuk and Tootoo sit bothers me. 74-28-24 or 74-28-22 would be far better options IMO.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Legionnaire11

remember, Spaling is a top 6 forward

Seriously though, with those linemates, he can probably get something done. Or at least cover defensively while Rads creates in the offensive end.

The SK-Goose-Yip line is the leftovers I think. If you put Halischuk or to a lesser extent Tootoo in place of Yip I think it could be an exciting line.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:53 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
The SK-Goose-Yip line is the leftovers I think. If you put Halischuk or to a lesser extent Tootoo in place of Yip I think it could be an exciting line.
Agreed.

But again...why is Yip the only non-center in the bottom 6 to not miss a game? Unless Halischuk and Tootoo are too banged up to go, I don't get that move.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Maybe pairing AK and Rads with Nick "Top 6" Spaling is the rest of their punishment

I can't wait to see Erat and Wilson on the same line. I really think Trotz is telling Wilson "Play well now or you're traded"

Old
05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Agreed.

But again...why is Yip the only non-center in the bottom 6 to not miss a game? Unless Halischuk and Tootoo are too banged up to go, I don't get that move.
I really want to know the answer to this.... really, really do....

Old
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I really want to know the answer to this.... really, really do....
Agreed. I really do like Yip, and I think he's a very good 4th liner. The problem is, I think Hali, Wilson, and Smith are all great in that role, not just very good.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:12 PM
klt2001

Yip is probably in because he scored one goal whereas Smith, Halischuk, Tootoo haven't scored in the playoffs or this series. Not to mention Halischuk is probably banged up.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

I think the number one use of having Spaling centering the Party Boys is that he hasn't been hopeless at offensive zone faceoffs like Fischer and Legwand. It creates offensive opportunities for Rads and Akost that aren't started from the Preds own blueline...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:16 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Yip is probably in because he scored one goal whereas Smith, Halischuk, Tootoo haven't scored in the playoffs or this series. Not to mention Halischuk is probably banged up.
If any of the above had played 9 games like Yip, they might have actually had the chance to score 1...or 2...or more.