HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gomez to be bought out? - Louis Jean on FAN 590

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2012, 11:03 AM
  #376
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
P.S

the Habs need to go get a SKILLED big body with good NHL hands(20 -30 goal scorer), to play on Gomez line , i always said that.It open's up a lot more space for him to work .Playin 4th liners on top 2 lines was DUMB ....

I think Berg can see that,I think he can see Gomez was being put in a situation to fail ....
Gomez and Martin i don't think was on same page for good reason .......I mean if i came over to play with Poulliot /Darche on top 2 lines, i'd be thinking bad thoughts toward coach ..


Heck the first 10 games with Cole it was rocky...Martin had him playin with 4th liners!!!
Cole even was wondering what was up .

Heck Martin endorsed Darche over COLE on PP to the media!!


As i said the slate is wiped clean, let's see Gomez now .
And pretty sad that a reporter knew more about Cole than Martin did. Obviously it was Martin that didn't DO his homework. So glad that freak show of him and PG are gone, as well as BG.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:07 AM
  #377
Takashi
Registered User
 
Takashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
He was a 80 pts producer, but now he's just a 3-4th line centerman that scores 2 goals in a year.

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:14 AM
  #378
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Gomez also played with Kostitsyn (a lot. it was a nightmare), Pacioretty (Pacioretty produced. Gomez not so much), Gionta (ALL THE TIME. poor Gionta), Cammalleri (to a lesser extent)... Of our wingers only Cole did not play extensively with Gomez.

To blame his lack of production on bad linemates is revisionist history at best. He had plenty of chances and finally got Darche as a linemate when it finally became clear to our coaches he was hopeless. They were very patient with him.

That is not true.

64% of Gomez shifts in 2009-10 regular season was with POULLIOT.....I mean come on ....

In the 2009-10 playoff 57.9% of his shift was with Poulliot,and 24.2% of his remaining shifts was with? DARCHE....

So 82%+ of his shifts was with Poulluiot/ Darche in Playoffs....lol and that was TOP LINES!
Welcome to MONTREAL !


THEN after that?

2010 -11 season in playoffs 34 percent of Gomez shifts was with ? DARCHE!24.5% of his shifts in 2010-11 playoffs was with Moen ....

59% of his shift was with Darche/ Moen.....no offense but are they top 6 forwards?

I mean come on ....I'd be depressed too!


As i said Gomez line needs a big body NHL legit top 6 , physical/scrapper type if necessary that can put up 20 goals etc.
Before they cast him off, they need to try to USE HIM RIGHT ....


Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:16 AM
  #379
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Sure, we could use him in the Swedish third division!
Come to think of it, he could be a good fit in Malmo..

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:25 AM
  #380
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut
 
Galchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Morgantown WV via NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
I don't know how people can justify making all these scenarios where Gomez stays and plays with new people or whatnot.

Personally I cannot see a realistic scenario in which Gomez staying doesn't infuriate me.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:53 AM
  #381
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
I don't know how people can justify making all these scenarios where Gomez stays and plays with new people or whatnot.

Personally I cannot see a realistic scenario in which Gomez staying doesn't infuriate me.
When 64 % of your regular season shift are with Poulliot ,and 82 percent of your playoff shifts are with Poulliot and Darche the first year you come to Montreal???

then the following season 60% of your playoff shifts are with Darche and Moen ???

I mean let's be honest here ....Gomez is a set up man , they put him in a position to fail......

You think he liked those line AHL calibre line mates?????



If i was a top 6 nhler i wouldn't....I'd find it a insult ...

Moen is not a fulltime top 6 , and i really like him and want him back .


Berg needs to make this right .....Gomez didn't go away, they just really misused the guy ..

He and JM and JM jr wasn't on the same page.....for good reason ..


Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
  #382
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I mean let's be honest here ....Gomez is a set up man , they put him in a position to fail......

You think he liked those line AHL calibre line mates?????
Actually, let's really be honest, then. Gomez's play has resulted in coaches having no choice but to let better performing players rise to the top of the depth chart, and those who struggled dropped down and had to deal with whatever PG supplemented them with on the bottom lines.

Plekanec continued to play better than Gomez. Desharnais started playing better than Gomez. Eller now plays better than Gomez. His cap hit equals all of those guys combined. Sorry, Gomez's individual level of play/impact is what affected his role/ice time, and management only shoulders a bit of "blame", as weaker 4th lines aren't exactly unique to Montreal. A player "like Gomez" should have been good enough to anchor any kind of 4th line though, really, and he even disappointed in such a limited and selectively used role - often out-worked and out-shined even by guys like Geoffrion, Blunden, Leblanc, and White.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:39 PM
  #383
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
I don't know how people can justify making all these scenarios where Gomez stays and plays with new people or whatnot.

Personally I cannot see a realistic scenario in which Gomez staying doesn't infuriate me.
I could not agree with you more. I was choked when they brought him back last year after his -4 performance in game 7 against the Bruins. Then when he was healthy at the he was averaging alomst 18 mins a game to begin the year and didnt produce crap. There is NO scenario that Gomez will be in a Habs jersey next year. Anyone who thinks Gomez can still produce 40-50 pts is delusional!

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
  #384
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Not true. I was there, and it was pretty even sided. I could see the pragmatic rationale, given that I wouldn't have a clue on what they would be able to get on the market (the running rate was what, now that we know? Plekanec, Gorges, Subban and a 1st for Lecavalier?).

I remember I was hoping McD would bounce back because reports weren't very positive, contrarily to the other young player we had at that time, which a truly bad GM would've traded away instead (sure glad that didn't happen).

I remember some complaining about McD that day.

I also remember people saying they were pissed because of the Tank who was gone too, some even more about him than McD. I remember others complaining it was Higgins who would probably bounce back with another team like Ryder had done.

I remember a lot of people were in a wait and see mode.

I also remember a jersey fan coming around here and saying he was curious what Gomez would do with a player like Markov, the kind of D support Gomez hadn't had since Rafalski (when he got those 14 points in 11 playoff games before signing his contract). He ended-up being right on the money.

I remember a lot of people complaining about the size of the team, about the height of the overall trades and signings (and Gomez wasn't the shortest on the list, by far).

I remember some fans were happy, seeing a potential for strong two-way play.

What you remember is a tainted version of reality to fit your perception. I dare you to look at 40+(50? 100?) pages and seriously tell me that the pulse was most people were complaining about the Gomez trade.
Even sided? Tainted version of reality to fit MY perception?

Incredibly enough, I was amongst the most moderate ones. I hated it but hey people kept saying that I was too negative, so I tried to be more "wait and see" as you're saying. But while this board as always been more pro-Gainey, I've never seen people being so harsh on him than on this day. Look for yourself. And see what the reality was all about.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=gomez&page=23

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 01:50 PM
  #385
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
That is not true.

64% of Gomez shifts in 2009-10 regular season was with POULLIOT.....I mean come on ....

In the 2009-10 playoff 57.9% of his shift was with Poulliot,and 24.2% of his remaining shifts was with? DARCHE....

So 82%+ of his shifts was with Poulluiot/ Darche in Playoffs....lol and that was TOP LINES!
Welcome to MONTREAL !


THEN after that?

2010 -11 season in playoffs 34 percent of Gomez shifts was with ? DARCHE!24.5% of his shifts in 2010-11 playoffs was with Moen ....

59% of his shift was with Darche/ Moen.....no offense but are they top 6 forwards?

I mean come on ....I'd be depressed too!


As i said Gomez line needs a big body NHL legit top 6 , physical/scrapper type if necessary that can put up 20 goals etc.
Before they cast him off, they need to try to USE HIM RIGHT ....
Oh my god... You are serious?

Ok first of all Pouliot in 09-10 was a beast after we acquired him in 09-10. He was pretty much the ''big body 20 goal scorer'' you described. You fail to note he also played with our best regular season and second best playoff goal scorer, Gionta. Come playoff time Pouliot started to suck balls, as is expected from who, well, lacks balls. Darche only took shifts instead of Benny Poo because we lacked depth. Breaking Pleky's line would have made no sense. In the end Gomez had good playoffs because he played well. No reasons for him to be depressed.

2010-11 - Gomez was again playing with our best regular season goal scorer all year. He also played some time with up and coming Pacioretty. While it is true Moen and Darche had far too much ice time that season its not a reason for Scotty to suck that much. He also played a bit with Kostitsyn and both failed to acquire any kind of chemistry.

Ditto for 2011-12.

He had plenty of chances. Up until january this year he often had 20 minutes of ice time. Since then his ice time dropped steadily because he was constantly outplayed by his teammates and the opposition. He was frequently the most useless player iced on either teams. The occasional decent game were he managed to connect with a blind pass won't change the fact that he was a liability because of his own play. He would have needed Rick Nash and Jarome Iginla as wingers to put up 50 points.

With Eller, Plekanec and Desharnais around there is no reason to keep Gomez. All three are more productive no matter who they play with and how much ice time they get.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:27 PM
  #386
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Even sided? Tainted version of reality to fit MY perception?

Incredibly enough, I was amongst the most moderate ones. I hated it but hey people kept saying that I was too negative, so I tried to be more "wait and see" as you're saying. But while this board as always been more pro-Gainey, I've never seen people being so harsh on him than on this day. Look for yourself. And see what the reality was all about.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=gomez&page=23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
See, the thing is that most people hated the deal WHEN it happened. Not based on the Gomez of today. 'Cause if it was, Gainey would have been fired the day after. Most Rangers fans, as much as Gomez was such a great player, were happy to see him leave. Those guys are actually the ones who saw him day in and day out. Not the fans who sees a statesheet and believe it's the reality.

And it is pretty tough to get over it when you see the guy we traded doing great day in day out.

As far as the whining is concerned, some whine about management. Others whine about HF posters. To each their own I guess. But personnally, I don't mind either. This is a board and one of its purpose is to vent. Peace indeed.
WS, replies like these are exactly why you are one of the best posters on this board....

very well said, and in both cases, absolutely right.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
  #387
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Oh my god... You are serious?

Ok first of all Pouliot in 09-10 was a beast after we acquired him in 09-10. He was pretty much the ''big body 20 goal scorer'' you described. You fail to note he also played with our best regular season and second best playoff goal scorer, Gionta. Come playoff time Pouliot started to suck balls, as is expected from who, well, lacks balls. Darche only took shifts instead of Benny Poo because we lacked depth. Breaking Pleky's line would have made no sense. In the end Gomez had good playoffs because he played well. No reasons for him to be depressed.

2010-11 - Gomez was again playing with our best regular season goal scorer all year. He also played some time with up and coming Pacioretty. While it is true Moen and Darche had far too much ice time that season its not a reason for Scotty to suck that much. He also played a bit with Kostitsyn and both failed to acquire any kind of chemistry.

Ditto for 2011-12.

He had plenty of chances. Up until january this year he often had 20 minutes of ice time. Since then his ice time dropped steadily because he was constantly outplayed by his teammates and the opposition. He was frequently the most useless player iced on either teams. The occasional decent game were he managed to connect with a blind pass won't change the fact that he was a liability because of his own play. He would have needed Rick Nash and Jarome Iginla as wingers to put up 50 points.

With Eller, Plekanec and Desharnais around there is no reason to keep Gomez. All three are more productive no matter who they play with and how much ice time they get.


You trade for a guy making 7 million a season to play him with DARCHE AND PULIIOT???

I mean what the ????

NOT to forget , Montreal was defensless and all SMURFS for 2.5 year of the 3 he has been here ,,,,Gomez line was defenseless....getting beat around with ease,they we easy targets night in and out...ALL THANKS to PG .


I want him on a team this year with real top 6 NHL line mates..and on a team that won't back down and can stand up ....and a real coach and GM , not freaks.

Let's see the difference...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:51 PM
  #388
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You trade for a guy making 7 million a season to play him with DARCHE AND PULIIOT???

I mean what the ????

NOT to forget , Montreal was defensless and all SMURFS for 2.5 year of the 3 he has been here ,,,,Gomez line was defenseless....getting beat around with ease,they we easy targets night in and out...ALL THANKS to PG .


I want him on a team this year with real top 6 NHL line mates..and on a team that won't back down and can stand up ....and a real coach and GM , not freaks.

Let's see the difference...
You obviously see more in Gomez than rest of us 99% . The guy was getting 2nd line pp minutes and could nt produce. Gomez is finished. I can't see any team giving him top 6 minutes. He's awful

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 02:57 PM
  #389
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
WS, replies like these are exactly why you are one of the best posters on this board....

very well said, and in both cases, absolutely right.
And I could have added the thread of the Rangers fans where the majority were extremely happy to see him gone even if it meant having Dubinsky as their #1 centerman. And frankly, that point was probaby the only one when "some" were hesitant of the trade. It was not about seeing Gomez go. It was about the lack of their overall depth. Yet, in majority, they were happy to see him leave. And ecstatic when they heard about McDo.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 03:22 PM
  #390
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
You obviously see more in Gomez than rest of us 99% . The guy was getting 2nd line pp minutes and could nt produce. Gomez is finished. I can't see any team giving him top 6 minutes. He's awful
"isn't that right Sergi"...

lol

How did Sergei do so much better in Nashville away from JM?

Same with Gomez.....

Hall Gill said all i needed to hear....the players we waiting for CHANGE...it never came ....

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 03:29 PM
  #391
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
"isn't that right Sergi"...

lol

How did Sergei do so much better in Nashville away from JM?

Same with Gomez.....

Hall Gill said all i needed to hear....the players we waiting for CHANGE...it never came ....
Yeah I guess when youre making 7.5 million a year, you should just blame the coach. I guess it was th system that made him go over a year without scoring. Its un excusable to go over a year without a goal. Then to sit there and blame the coach or the system is even more ridiculous.

THe guy couldnt even bank one in off anyone. Couldnt get an empty netter. Christ, he didnt even score on his shoot out attempt. But then again, he is a playmaker, so he should not be paid to score.

Gomez scored 21 goals in 3 regular season for the Habs. Do the math, that more then a million per goal. Oh yeah, I forgot, he's a playmaker. A weak one at that. There's no argument left. The guy is a waste of space.

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:16 PM
  #392
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You trade for a guy making 7 million a season to play him with DARCHE AND PULIIOT???
Wow, how disingenuous can you get? Gomez wasn't brought in to play with Darche and Pouliot, he was brought in to play with the rest of the skilled players. And he played with all the skilled players. Often. For a long time. And in different combinations. Over time, he stopped playing at a high enough level to justify putting him on the top lines instead of other, better options, hence his position @ 4th on the centre depth chart.

Have no problem with you spending so much effort defending Gomez, but try sticking to facts and avoiding erroneous revisionist history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
"isn't that right Sergi"...

lol

How did Sergei do so much better in Nashville away from JM?

Same with Gomez.....

Hall Gill said all i needed to hear....the players we waiting for CHANGE...it never came ....
Hahahahahahahahahaha... yeah, "just like" S.Kost. I mean, Gomez is a talented young 22 year old waiting to break out... oh wait, lol! Seriously, comparing the handling and potential of a 22 year old youngster who hadn't earned his way much higher than the 3rd line, and a 32 year old whose play has seen him drop from top 6 to 4th line upon entering his 30s... just because you think Martin handled them both poorly? Just... wow.


Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 05-06-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:27 PM
  #393
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Wow, how disingenuous can you get? Gomez wasn't brought in to play with Darche and Pouliot, he was brought in to play with the rest of the skilled players. And he played with all the skilled players. Often. For a long time. And in different combinations. Over time, he stopped playing at a high enough level to justify putting him on the top lines instead of other, better options, hence his position @ 4th on the centre depth chart.

Have no problem with you spending so much effort defending Gomez, but try sticking to facts and avoiding erroneous revisionist history.



Hahahahahahahahahaha... yeah, "just like" S.Kost. I mean, Gomez is a talented young 22 year old waiting to break out... oh wait, lol! Seriously, comparing the handling and potential of a 22 year old youngster who hadn't earned his way much higher than the 3rd line, and a 32 year old whose play has seen him drop from top 6 to 4th line upon entering his 30s... just because you think Martin handled them both poorly? Just... wow.


that is not what the time on ice charts show....sorry.

Fact is best Habs could do was play him with Benny and Darche...nice .....that wasn't for a few games...that was even during playoffs....

Gomez isnt stupid , he know's Darche was a career AHL PLAYER...Gomez isn't stupid he knew Benny wasn't but a 3/4 line guy at best...... and when he was put out there with him and Gio, i can just image what the heck was running though his mind.....


Pure and simple he was used wrong by JM ,and PG was stupid for not bringing in someone other than Poulliot or Darche to play with him .Darche was the size we lacked in the eye of PG ad JM ..

You think Gomez is goona play 100% for Martin? after that junk lol
Ya right ..I'd try my best to get out of town too...

Remember Gomez was TRADED HERE and didn't come by choice like Gio or Cole.
.....and the dummies give him a couple AHLers to play with on top lines...
Then you send out a full line of 5.6 to 5.9????? just stupid ..

JM misused alot of players.....Plek had what near 30 different line mates this year???? like get out .


Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:38 PM
  #394
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
that is not what the time on ice charts show....sorry.
Yeah, they do, but I'm not surprised that your eyes seem to have glossed over the, oh, two years of Gomez's career in Montreal. Here, let me help you:

Gomez was acquired for the 2009/10 season. Here is the timeline of most common line combinations: http://www.cs.unb.ca/~mwf/habs/2009-...linechart.html

Note that from Day 1, Gomez was playing on a line getting the most ice time per game with Cammy and Gionta. Almost 20 games' worth. Then it was Gomez+Cammy+A.Kost, and Gomez+A.Kost+Gionta as combinations. Even at the end, when Pouliot was playing with Gomez, Gionta was still also on that line.

Fast-forward to 2010/11: http://www.cs.unb.ca/~mwf/habs/2010-...linechart.html Look how much time Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta was receiving a LOT of icetime together. Because of the Pacioretty injury, Gomez and Gionta then played with either Moen or Darche. Season ends, Gomez is a bigger disappointment than before.

Then last year, 2011/12: http://www.cs.unb.ca/~mwf/habs/linechart.html. Gomez still played the first 3 games on the "1st line" (ES icetime-wise) with Pacioretty and Gionta. Hopefully this past season isn't too long ago for you to remember just how much MORE he disappointed, no matter who he played with.

Like I said, no problem showing support for Gomez. Just get your facts straight. Or don't, since it will probably result in you not liking him quite so much anymore, lol.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:43 PM
  #395
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yeah, they do, but I'm not surprised that your eyes seem to have glossed over the, oh, two years of Gomez's career in Montreal. Here, let me help you:

Gomez was acquired for the 2009/10 season. Here is the timeline of most common line combinations:

Note that from Day 1, Gomez was playing on a line getting the most ice time per game with Cammy and Gionta. Almost 20 games' worth. Then it was Gomez+Cammy+A.Kost, and Gomez+A.Kost+Gionta as combinations. Even at the end, when Pouliot was playing with Gomez, Gionta was still also on that line.

Fast-forward to 2010/11: http://www.cs.unb.ca/~mwf/habs/2010-...linechart.html Look how much time Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta was receiving a LOT of icetime together. Because of the Pacioretty injury, Gomez and Gionta then played with either Moen or Darche. Season ends, Gomez is a bigger disappointment than before.

Then last year, 2011/12: http://www.cs.unb.ca/~mwf/habs/linechart.html. Gomez still played the first 3 games on the "1st line" (ES icetime-wise) with Pacioretty and Gionta. Hopefully this past season isn't too long ago for you to remember just how much MORE he disappointed, no matter who he played with.


look up how many hit Gomez throw a year ,how many Gio throws a year, and Cammy throws a year...

Gomez 30 hit a year

Cammy 17 a year

Gio avg 35-40 a year..


there all under 5.10

HOW STUPID IS THAT to make them a top line?
They got over matched ...

That was my biggest beef with the PG and JM....

then the fools figure out size might make a diffrence, give him AHL players on top lines to play with .....insane .


Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
  #396
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
look up how many hit Gomez throw a year ,how many Gio throws a year, and Cammy throws a year...

there all under 5.10


HOW STUPID IS THAT to make them a top line?
They got over matched ...
Then at least attempt to expand on something like that intelligently, instead of spreading blathering idiocy about how he was never given talented linemates to work with, how he "deserved" better linemates, how he was treated "unfairly", or that he "always" played with guys like Darche or Pouliot, or worse, etc.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:49 PM
  #397
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What did Sweden ever do to you?
Nothing.
Send him to Alaska then. He played there during the lockout and maybe he could be a 2nd line center there.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:52 PM
  #398
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Then at least attempt to expand on something like that intelligently, instead of spreading blathering idiocy about how he was never given talented linemates to work with, how he "deserved" better linemates, how he was treated "unfairly", or that he "always" played with guys like Darche or Pouliot, or worse, etc.
hey , this whole era of GAUTHIER and Martin was real stupid ok???
From zero toughness to all players under 6ft......it was freaking beyond weird stuff .


Gomez fact is was played with AHL/3rd line players most nights from day 1 since he has been here !!!
you can say what you like but that is the truth ...and the "skill" you say he was given(Cammy Plek etc) has ZERO SIZE ZERO TOUGHNESS AND ZERO ABILITY to open up any ice for him ....or HIT and take away pressure on him ....

It was like wearing 2 left shoes on the right foot with PG and JM!

ALL the time that Gomez was out ,the team still sucked....figure that out


Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:02 PM
  #399
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut
 
Galchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Morgantown WV via NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
hey , this whole era of GAUTHIER and Martin was real stupid ok???
From zero toughness to all players under 6ft......it was freaking beyond weird stuff .


Gomez fact is was played with AHL/3rd line players most nights from day 1 since he has been here !!!
you can say what you like but that is the truth ...and the "skill" you say he was given(Cammy Plek etc) has ZERO SIZE ZERO TOUGHNESS AND ZERO ABILITY to open up any ice for him ....or HIT and take away pressure on him ....

It was like wearing 2 left shoes on the right foot with PG and JM!

ALL the time that Gomez was out ,the team still sucked....figure that out
You are seriously unbelievable. Do you really want us to essentially tailor a line/team around a $7.5mil bum who has no place at all wearing the bleu, blanc, et rouge? NO NO NO NO NO.

The guy is finished, plain and simple. Honestly I don't care who you're playing with, he should have had more than 11 points. You can't just put him on the first line because he's Scott Gomez and had a few good seasons awhile back. He has to EARN that right to be treated as such and he never did. He's done. Stick a fork in him. He should absolutely be done as a Hab. If some other stupid team wants to take him then they can be my guest but I would be shocked if any team was that foolish.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:13 PM
  #400
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
You are seriously unbelievable. Do you really want us to essentially tailor a line/team around a $7.5mil bum who has no place at all wearing the bleu, blanc, et rouge? NO NO NO NO NO.

The guy is finished, plain and simple. Honestly I don't care who you're playing with, he should have had more than 11 points. You can't just put him on the first line because he's Scott Gomez and had a few good seasons awhile back. He has to EARN that right to be treated as such and he never did. He's done. Stick a fork in him. He should absolutely be done as a Hab. If some other stupid team wants to take him then they can be my guest but I would be shocked if any team was that foolish.


Gomez would have fit much better into the Montreal team with Begin ,Bouillon ,Souray ,Ryder etc etc.....Those teams were pretty tough,they could bang with and beat the Bruins around .

When they brought in Gomez, this team was built the equivalent of the Canadian women's hockey team...seriously .

The team was built to FAIL .

The Habs GM thought if he iced a bunch of guy who couldn't defend themselves,and couldn't see over the cross bar, the rest of NHL would take pitty....


I Lmao OFF STILL ...there's a article i read where Pierre Gauthier says Habs are built like Penguins , Blackhawks ,Redwings....LMAO....oh man ...


Anyways Gomez was misused and put in a bad environment day 1 ....IE :SMURFLAND.


Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.