HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Gauthier didnít like Ryan McDonagh

Old
05-06-2012, 04:35 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You know I like you. But what's hard to understand here, this is, as rumor as it is, a new piece of info. There was indeed 1000 threads of Gauthier's real implication of Gainey's moves. Weren't you around when it happened. Now, we finally "might" have some validation to it. It's well deserved another thread.

Unless, mods want to create a Gomez-McDonagh thread and sticky it. Or we could also agree to put it in the ex-habs thread. Ex-habs as in...McDonagh and as in we wish Gomez becomes one...

But frankly, at this point, this is worth it. Any new piece of infos, whether the trade or whatever happened a while ago, is a new piece of info in itself. Subject is old, info isn't.
To be honest...given everything that's going on with the Habs right now...

- NHL entry draft and the potential of drafting in the top 3
- New GM, Bergevin who seems to have brought a breath of fresh air to an organization that desperately needed one
- the impending nomination of Rick Dudley, a well respected talent evaluated to pair up with Bergevin
- a new coach to look forward too...

There's so many things to look ahead too, I just couldn't careless about what Gauthier did...it sucks, but that's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned

Whether or not Gauthier 'liked' McDonagh is of little consequence...

At some point, you have to let it go...this 'new' piece of information only serves to beat the dead horse

There's too much good vibes around the Habs right now for me to worry about McDonagh, sucks, he's probably better than I thought he ever would be and it does hurt seeing him in playoffs right now, but he's not the first player the Habs misevaluated and he won't be the last

For years I loathed the Habs front office because of the Recchi/Leclair trade, not gonna go through that again...

Last edited by 417: 05-06-2012 at 04:50 PM.
417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:41 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
This makes me happy. I always liked Gainey and I think he didn't treated fairly, and now it shows that Gauthier had a big impact on the Gomez trade, the trade that most people hate Gainey for.
Yea... I've been critical of Bob. However, always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the tragedies in his personal life. I will always have a huge level of respect for Bob. But PG? He can just disappear for all I care. It's going to take a while to remove the poop stain he left on this organization.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Pierre Gauthier didnít like Ryan McDonagh

That's because Ryan slapped away Peeair's hand when he tried to remove the cheese from his pizza slice.

Last edited by Habs Icing: 05-06-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
it's worse... he targeted Gomez, and then didn't even consult his amateur scouts or director of player development before offering up the teams #1 prospect...

about the worst kind of manager you can find, incompetent in his "area of expertise" and too arrogant to rely on the input of his staff.

how this clown lasted as long as he did in the NHL is amazing, though the reality is that the top hockey jobs often get awarded based more on contacts/networks then on any sort of merit...
Players aside, the greatest damage to the organization was the misreading of the NHL. While most teams were getting bigger and tougher,PG went against the current acquiring smaller skilled players. Goaltending and PP was the modus operandi. BTW, Gomez, Gionta and Cammy all had bad contracts.

PG always game me the impression that he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
To be honest, I still wouldn't. The majority of the team is Gainey related. Emelin was a Gainey pick, he was gonna come over eventually. Cole was all Gauthier and a great signing but trading Halak? Well, one had to go, not a shocker.
Not sure how someone can say trading HALAK was a GOOD. While the Habs were one of the worst in the league the Blues made it quite far. Without Halak in the playoffs I understand. Had he been healthy, I bet they would be going farther. But who really knows....

Halak/Price duo would look good right now. Instead of Price/Auld, Price/Budaj, Price/Whomever we can get cheap. If Price goes down with an injury, look out!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:11 PM
poetryinmotion

He's worst than Houle in every way, and Houle was bad, man..

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
It`s time to let this go Habs fans...really

It`s gotten beyond pathetic...McDonagh`s gone, Gauthier`s in Siberia for all we know.

Tourne la page
It's hard to when we still have Gomez. Once he's gone people will start to move on.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It's hard to when we still have Gomez. Once he's gone people will start to move on.
I doubt it...the nightmare is going to haunt us for a while

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Not sure how someone can say trading HALAK was a GOOD. While the Habs were one of the worst in the league the Blues made it quite far. Without Halak in the playoffs I understand. Had he been healthy, I bet they would be going farther. But who really knows....

Halak/Price duo would look good right now. Instead of Price/Auld, Price/Budaj, Price/Whomever we can get cheap. If Price goes down with an injury, look out!
I don't think the two could co-exist though. I could have seen either Halak or Price asking for a trade. Then what?

My issue is I didn't like the return. I think Eller's a good player and all, but I think we needed more immediate help.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Just wanted to say that it's a GM's job to surround himself properly.

Gainey still was the architect of this gigantic mess no matter what kind of spin is being put on the whole thing.

Last edited by Des Louise: 05-06-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
I doubt it...the nightmare is going to haunt us for a while
He did say "start" to move on....the "end" could be very far....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:50 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He did say "start" to move on....the "end" could be very far....
Not going to copy your post in reply to Whiskey Seven but I will say that your reply was spot on and very well said.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
To be honest...given everything that's going on with the Habs right now...

- NHL entry draft and the potential of drafting in the top 3
- New GM, Bergevin who seems to have brought a breath of fresh air to an organization that desperately needed one
- the impending nomination of Rick Dudley, a well respected talent evaluated to pair up with Bergevin
- a new coach to look forward too...

There's so many things to look ahead too, I just couldn't careless about what Gauthier did...it sucks, but that's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned

Whether or not Gauthier 'liked' McDonagh is of little consequence...

At some point, you have to let it go...this 'new' piece of information only serves to beat the dead horse

There's too much good vibes around the Habs right now for me to worry about McDonagh, sucks, he's probably better than I thought he ever would be and it does hurt seeing him in playoffs right now, but he's not the first player the Habs misevaluated and he won't be the last

For years I loathed the Habs front office because of the Recchi/Leclair trade, not gonna go through that again...
Very well said 417, but every once in a while you get that twinge of wanting to smack both of those clowns in the head and say WTF were you even thinking.

IMO, the LeClair, Roy and Gomez trade are the worst in the history of the Habs, but hey what can we do about it now?

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Very well said 417, but every once in a while you get that twinge of wanting to smack both of those clowns in the head and say WTF were you even thinking.

IMO, the LeClair, Roy and Gomez trade are the worst in the history of the Habs, but hey what can we do about it now?
apparently whine and cry about it every day...

Personally, as bad as the Gomez trade was...I definetely don`t put it on the same scale as LeClair and definetely not Roy.

But again, there`s alot of positive vibes around the Habs, we can either focus on that or keep re-hashing a failed traded by a member of the organization who`s no longer employed and with a player who for all intensive purposes, is finished as a Hab

To each his own I guess...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
can we move on from every 2nd thread being about Gomez and/or McDonagh? Yeah we hate the trade but it's in the past and we have a ton of promising young d-men.
So I guess you finally understand now that Gauthier was our head scout and telling Bob which players to go after

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

When Bob's daughter passed away, it was clear that Bob wasn't the same and I'm not surprised to hear that Guthier was behind most of the moves after that period.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
OneSharpMarble

Those were some pretty impressive sources listed, I guess they are the same sources that say Gauthier never shopped any players. I see absolutly nothing in that article different from the nonsense spouted on this forum. When some sources actually appear it can be taken serious, until then it is a bunch of gaineys girlfriends sobbing and deflecting so he doesn't go down as Montreals Milbury.

Last edited by OneSharpMarble: 05-06-2012 at 08:51 PM.
OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:53 PM
LastRide

BG seemed like a genuinely nice person, but his hockey knowledge of players wasn't very good. As for PG, when I seen him interviewed after picking up Kaberle, and PG was grinning from ear to ear like he just picked up Bobby Orr. It was all I needed to see about this guy. I knew he was bad from the start.

The organization has made a lot of bad mistakes on who they have been hiring for GM's and coaches. This has been eating us up for years, and thats why we haven't won squat for all this time.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:07 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He should've been fired for suggesting to trade for Scott Gomez.

Higgins for Gomez straight up was a loss. Trading McDonagh was the ultimate un-lubricated anal attack of all time.
Post 95 for the loss though

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:25 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Man

After tonight, I'm still balling my eyes out thinking how we traded Danius Zubrus. I'm thinking about maybe starting a thread about it.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Those were some pretty impressive sources listed, I guess they are the same sources that say Gauthier never shopped any players. I see absolutly nothing in that article different from the nonsense spouted on this forum. When some sources actually appear it can be taken serious, until then it is a bunch of gaineys girlfriends sobbing and deflecting so he doesn't go down as Montreals Milbury.
Chris Nilan said Gauthier banned cheese on all Habs flights...
He doesn't like it and didn't want players eating it.....now that isn't a joke,but how many would beleive it???

So anything i hear about Gauthier from a journalist in the Hall of fame , i take it little more seriously as real "meat"

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:48 PM
FamousTee
Feels Good Man.

This hurts..

FamousTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:48 PM
nhlfan9191

Ryan McDonagh doesn't like Pierre Gauthier.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Ryan McDonagh doesn't like Pierre Gauthier.
are you kidding?

If anything McDo LOVES Gauthier... instead of being a part of the sinking Gainey/Gauthier ship, he gets to be a part of the conference winning Rangers.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
apparently whine and cry about it every day...

Personally, as bad as the Gomez trade was...I definetely don`t put it on the same scale as LeClair and definetely not Roy.

But again, there`s alot of positive vibes around the Habs, we can either focus on that or keep re-hashing a failed traded by a member of the organization who`s no longer employed and with a player who for all intensive purposes, is finished as a Hab

To each his own I guess...
Leclair trade - we traded two good or even great assets for a single very good asset (Leclair&Desjardins vs Recchi).

Gomez trade - we traded (what looks like) a great defensemen for a bad forward with a burden of a salary.

Imho Gomez trade is worse. The Leclair trade would have been more manageable if Schneider wasn't dumped too.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote