HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gomez to be bought out? - Louis Jean on FAN 590

Old
05-06-2012, 05:16 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
I think that Habaneros is actually Scott Gomez.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Gomez fact is was played with AHL/3rd line players most nights from day 1 since he has been here !!!
you can say what you like but that is the truth
You can say what you want, I just posted links to all the line combination charts showing that your "facts" and "truth" are off.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Gomez would have fit much better into the Montreal team with Begin ,Bouillon ,Souray ,Ryder etc etc.....Those teams were pretty tough,they could bang with and beat the Bruins around .

When they brought in Gomez, this team was built the equivalent of the Canadian women hockey team...seriously .

The team was built to FAIL .

The Habs GM thought if he iced a bunch of guy who couldn't defend themselves,and couldn't see over the cross bar, the rest of NHL would take pitty....
I don't even know how to respond to this.

You're blaming our pathetic $7.5million, 11pt player on the rest of the team?

It's a real shame he couldn't play on a line with Richard and Lafleur flanking him or else he could have been a hall of famer!

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I think that Habaneros is actually Scott Gomez.
Let's play Pacorietty with Darche and Poulliot.

will talk 2 years from today ...ok?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:26 PM
DAChampion

Quote:

Bad linemates can explain his 11 point performance this year, but what about his 38 point performance the year before or even the mediocre 58 point performance the year before that?

He was a 1st or 2nd line forward in those two seasons, and he didn't play like a 7.4 million dollar player, he played like a 3.4 million dollar player.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post

It's a real shame he couldn't play on a line with Richard and Lafleur flanking him or else he could have been a hall of famer!
did he get 11 pt in 82 games?
He was hurt for most of year.....
The rest of the time he was with 4th line players ...so no rocket science ....

Let's put Cole on 4th line...oh wait that already happened.lol
Lest you forget Cole had a ROCKY start in Montreal....it could have turned out differently..

Listen to the new GM, he questioned if some of Montreal injuries problem was due to lack of toughness size.....

They iced a bunch of guy's who didn't hit , now there all busted up ...go figure that...

Old
05-06-2012, 05:29 PM
clarke19

I defended Gomez until last year. Like it or not man he was given Gionta and Cammy the season before last and he was given every opportunity last year. He's a perimeter player who has become very predictable and he does not bring enough intangibles to make up for his lack of production.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

Two years ago, Scott Gomez played with Brian Gionta and Cammalleri/Pacioretty, and look where he is today. Two years ago, Pacioretty played with Metropolit and Moen, and look where he is today.

... let that sink in for a minute before trying to respond...

And then you can tell us exactly how many minutes Gomez has ever played on a line with both Pouliot AND Darche at the same time.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Two years ago, Scott Gomez played with Brian Gionta and Cammalleri/Pacioretty, and look where he is today. Two years ago, Pacioretty played with Metropolit and Moen, and look where he is today.

... let that sink in for a minute before trying to respond...
Pacioretty 2 year ago was a AHL player...not the same player ok?
So when Gomez played with him he was AHL'er /

Darche was always a 4th line /AHLer
Poulliot another 2 yr he wont be in NHL .When he played with Gomez he couldn't make the WILD!
Poulliot was so good Habs let him walk.....was that MR Gomez fault?

Cammy played on his line with a height of 5.'6,5'8 and 5'10
None of them hit....Cammy his wing man 17 hits all year? ya that's a space opener right there.
And a hit from Gionta is one to fear?
Like lets get real ....

It's been trash from day 1 for him ..
He came from playing with JAGR! to Poulliot and Darche ...LMAO ..
Lets put Claude Giroux with DARCHE INSTEAD of Jagr....

Montreal set it up to fail.

You take a guy who is a set up man(Gomez) and give him ahl hands to pass to ?????

You take a set up man(Gomez) who is under 6 ft and give him 2 line mates of 5.6 and 5-8 and un physical ???

Then wonder what is wrong?

Stupid

Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old
05-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Corncob

To summarise Habaneros argument as I understand it: Gomez never had a chance to succeed in Montreal because he was always playing with Cammilleri and Gionta who are too small and he'll never score playing with Pouliot and Darche as he always was, not even Claude Giroux could get anyway paired with Moen and Kostitsyn like Gomez constantly has been.

How many wingers were on the ice at the same time as Gomez exactly?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:52 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

Poulliot another 2 yr he wont be in NHL .When he played with Gomez he couldn't make the WILD!

None of them hit....Cammy his wing man 17 hits all year? ya that's a space opener right there.
Like lets get real ....

You take a guy who is a set up man(Gomez) and give him ahl hands to pass to ?????

You take a set up man(Gomez) who is under 6 ft and give him 2 lines mates of 5.6 and 5-8 ???

Stupid
I get what you are saying, but Gomez has to be responsible for his part of this mess, also...we will give him some time in Hamilton to work on his game...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
It's been trash from day 1 for him
No it hasn't, but I'll definitely be amused to see exactly how many different ways you can lie about it.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:23 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

Like lets get real ....

You take a set up man(Gomez) who is under 6 ft and give him 2 line mates of 5.6 and 5-8 and un physical ???

Stupid
I've been saying this as well. However, at the same token, Gomez has underperformed. His play has been unacceptable the last couple of years. I think the criticism he took in his 1st year with the Habs was unwarranted. But the guy seems to have lost all confidence...I simply can't excuse his play even though he was not put in the best situation.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Even sided? Tainted version of reality to fit MY perception?

Incredibly enough, I was amongst the most moderate ones. I hated it but hey people kept saying that I was too negative, so I tried to be more "wait and see" as you're saying. But while this board as always been more pro-Gainey, I've never seen people being so harsh on him than on this day. Look for yourself. And see what the reality was all about.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=gomez&page=23
Entirely false, there were people a lot more moderate than you were, and it shows you didn't go through the entire thread, or even just a dozen pages. I looked at over half of it and like I said before, it's mostly even sided. Do the exercise, and be impartial about it, although I doubt you can do that given this reply of yours. It's not because some were harsh that it means it wasn't even sided, and you are NOT the yardstick for the pulse on HF, whether you were moderate or not, whether it compares to others, is irrelevant. Look at every single posts, cut out posters with more than one post (the extra posts) what you'll end-up having is a wide range of opinions, and far from one sided... Do I really need to post all the neutral and positive posts, because there are MANY of them, which completely negates your assertion that "most hated that trade", even among those that were negative, some weren't that much negative, nowhere near saying they '"hated it", just "didn't like it". Also, it might be wise to understand that people who complain are usually more outspoken.

Now, this aside, HF 'wisdom' is no yardstick to actually measure a trade's worth, but it seems your best argument. But being PPG in 50 playoffs games before getting traded has NO value, right?

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 05-09-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: flame extinguisher
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Entirely false, there were people a lot more moderate than you were, and it shows you didn't go through the entire thread, or even just a dozen pages. I looked at over half of it and like I said before, it's mostly even sided. Do the exercise, and be impartial about it, although I doubt you can do that given this reply of yours. It's not because some were harsh that it means it wasn't even sided, and you are NOT the yardstick for the pulse on HF, whether you were moderate or not, whether it compares to others, is irrelevant. Look at every single posts, cut out posters with more than one post (the extra posts) what you'll end-up having is a wide range of opinions, and far from one sided... Do I really need to post all the neutral and positive posts, because there are MANY of them, which completely negates your assertion that "most hated that trade", even among those that were negative, some weren't that much negative, nowhere near saying they '"hated it", just "didn't like it". Also, it might be wise to understand that people who complain are usually more outspoken.

Now, this aside, HF 'wisdom' is no yardstick to actually measure a trade's worth, but it seems your best argument. But being PPG in 50 playoffs games before getting traded has NO value, right?
One thing I don't worry about is you disagreeing with me. Not sure why you say that, it's not like me and you always see eye to eye and now seems not do so anymore. For the record we never did. Somehow you're blaming me because I'm bias and sees it the way I want yet, you're doing the freakin same. You go on by saying tht it's even sided, then complains about HF being no yardstick, wonder why you say that if it was even sided.

Being PPG in 50 playoffs games better getting traded has some value. Sure. When you'll look at the past, you'll be able to say that he was a good playoff performer. Was. Then you have to know what the present and the future holds. Somehow the fans who saw him most of the year couldn't care less of seeing gone. And that's even while they realized that Dubinsky was their #1 centerman. And yes, I read the ENTIRE thread and see that MOST don't like it. Not ALL. Most. I might underestimate the power of MOST. I thought that 65%/35%, the 65% could be called most, but I guess I'm wrong yet again. You don't want to see this, fine. Somehow I'm bias. You're not. Strange how things work. The ones who disagrees with you always have an agenda and are always impartial. Yet, your opinion are always based on facts and in no way are you ever impartial. You are the yardstick of judgment and impartiality. I get it. Somehow I guess I'm not that perfect. Yet I would also be tempted to draw the list of posters for and against, but I have no time. And you are a wise man, 'cause you already mentioned why it would be a waste of time. HF not being a yardstick of a trade and all.....

By the way, my english is not great...but I didn't say I was the most moderate one. I said I was amongst the most moderate one...could it mean that others were also moderate and maybe even more moderate than me? So excuse, I don't exactly know the meaning of "amongst". Give me a break.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 05-09-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:01 AM
llamateizer

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

All of this helps underline why I wouldn't mind the buyout. I mean, yeah, it would be better for us cap-wise if there was a minor league exile instead. But then... Gomez is still technically "around", still a topic of discussion if he's doing well in Hamilton and we get to the point of inevitably needing to call somebody up. I'd rather just have it "over" with. A lingering cap hit for 4 years might just be less painful.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:19 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Maybe a team like the Islanders would take our 2nd round pick next year if we include Gomez........That would work for me if it opened the door for a couple good signings July 1st.

charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
All of this helps underline why I wouldn't mind the buyout. I mean, yeah, it would be better for us cap-wise if there was a minor league exile instead. But then... Gomez is still technically "around", still a topic of discussion if he's doing well in Hamilton and we get to the point of inevitably needing to call somebody up. I'd rather just have it "over" with. A lingering cap hit for 4 years might just be less painful.
Giving up 8 mil in cap space that could be used to add a good NHL player is a big price to pay to "get rid" of somebody.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Giving up 8 mil in cap space that could be used to add a good NHL player is a big price to pay to "get rid" of somebody.
Ahh, but it is it too big a price to pay to have no more hundred-page threads bemoaning the Gomez trade and re-hashing what should be done about him?

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Of course, having said that, $10 million is a lot to pay to bury someone in the AHL while handcuffing yourself with only 49 contracts to continue rebuilding the rest of the organization in the meantime.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbacha View Post
lollll

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:54 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post

Richard and Lafleur would not been in the HoF, then...

Gomez is like a black hole. He is sucking all the the energy and light from any players near him.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Ahh, but it is it too big a price to pay to have no more hundred-page threads bemoaning the Gomez trade and re-hashing what should be done about him?
Every time a free agent or trade becomes available it will be like if only we didn't have Gomez on the books we could of gone after him, especially if we are on that players short list. It isn't over until it's over, sadly.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
i know it's tongue-in-cheek... but yeah, NO WAY.

if anything, the buy out would condemn us to 4 more years (probably more) of Gomez-centred discussions.

every time anything related to the roster/cap comes up, there's the buyout staring us in the face.

Contrarily, bury him in Hamilton, and quickly he would fade from conversation... just ask Laffs fans about Finger or Rags fans about Redden.

Out of sight, out of mind... with a buyout he remains far too firmly "in our sights".

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote