HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantrax League Topic #2

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
When is the draft set to start? As soon as picks are made?
Prospect or Pro draft? Prospect draft is set to start immediately after the real NHL prospect draft and the pro draft is undecided at the point. I'm inclined to do it after NHL free agency for the sake of fairness, however I'm a fan of getting things done early and keeping the league active so my heart would love to do it as soon as possible.

Any preference from the league members?

Old
05-06-2012, 05:27 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
I'd prefer the Regular draft start as early as possible especially with how long the last draft took. Not that Im complaining I honestly think its a great way to do the draft so everyone can pick and choose who they want.

Also is the Prospect and Pro draft the same draft order?

Old
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I'd prefer the Regular draft start as early as possible especially with how long the last draft took. Not that Im complaining I honestly think its a great way to do the draft so everyone can pick and choose who they want.

Also is the Prospect and Pro draft the same draft order?
I already went over this, but no. Prospect draft is decided by a lottery and, as for the pro draft, the members decide where they would like to be in the draft starting from the bottom of the standings and going upwards.

You can find both draft orders in the OP.

Also, the pro draft will likely be after the draft order is decided. I'll send out a mass e-mail when that is.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

I'll take 11th.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I'll take 11th.
My man. Making things interesting.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

I will take 10th then.

Old
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Put me down for 7th

Old
05-06-2012, 09:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Prospect or Pro draft? Prospect draft is set to start immediately after the real NHL prospect draft and the pro draft is undecided at the point. I'm inclined to do it after NHL free agency for the sake of fairness, however I'm a fan of getting things done early and keeping the league active so my heart would love to do it as soon as possible.

Any preference from the league members?
Just my opinion, I'd wait until at least July 15th, preferably August since I'll be on vacations.

Old
05-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Just my opinion, I'd wait until at least July 15th, preferably August since I'll be on vacations.
Well we'll have to wait until the playoffs are over at least so we got a while to decide.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Prongo
Beer

6th overall I will take

Old
05-07-2012, 01:32 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
I already went over this, but no. Prospect draft is decided by a lottery and, as for the pro draft, the members decide where they would like to be in the draft starting from the bottom of the standings and going upwards.

You can find both draft orders in the OP.

Also, the pro draft will likely be after the draft order is decided. I'll send out a mass e-mail when that is.
My fault.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Senz22x

It looks like I'll go with 8th.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Garbage Goal

JVR21 gets awarded 9th by default. So the final draft order is set and you can view it in the OP. Remember this is a serpentine draft, as is the prospect draft, so the second round of both drafts will be in the inverse order of the listed order.

Anyone else gonna weigh in on when we should start the pro draft? So far we have two people who would like it started as soon as possible (myself included) and one who would like to wait a month or two. Any other opinions?

If nobody else objects then I will likely have the pro draft starting as soon as the NHL playoffs end.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:08 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
JVR21 gets awarded 9th by default. So the final draft order is set and you can view it in the OP. Remember this is a serpentine draft, as is the prospect draft, so the second round of both drafts will be in the inverse order of the listed order.

Anyone else gonna weigh in on when we should start the pro draft? So far we have two people who would like it started as soon as possible (myself included) and one who would like to wait a month or two. Any other opinions?

If nobody else objects then I will likely have the pro draft starting as soon as the NHL playoffs end.
Thinking about it if people have vacations and what not then maybe we should wait. But if no one else says anything then I guess it is what it is

Old
05-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Garbage Goal

I'm thinking I'll start the draft exactly one week after the NHL playoffs end.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

I would prefer to wait. Would like to make sure no one I pick is going to have a surgery and be out the next season.

Old
05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Garbage Goal

Here's a list of available players in the player pool, going from most fantasy point for in all of last season and going downward. Also, wow at Moulson's position.

Anyways, the point(s) to this list is to make a list for all of you to prepare for the upcoming draft and, more importantly, to show the imbalance of some of the skater positions. Our league is heavily geared toward goals and PP points thus there's some rankings that some may view as wacky.

My question to all of you is, should we alter the scoring for our league? This is a new season so it won't alter last season's league in any way if we did alter the scoring. Only reason I haven't changed the scoring (as I don't like it the way it is) is because I realize all of you chose your keepers based on the current scoring.

Anyways, the fantasy points leaders (notable ones only and I deem who is and isn't notable).

Steven Stamkos
Marian Gaboriko
Jason Pominville
John Tavares
Matt Moulson
Marian Hossa
Ray Whitney
Zach Parise
Patrick Sharp
Thomas Vanek
Pavel Datsyuk
Joffrey Lupul
Milan Michalek
Olli Jokinen
Patrice Bergeron
Erik Cole
Daniel Alfredsson
Teddy Purcell
David Backes
Justin Williams
P.A. Parenteau
Martin St. Louis
Max Pacioretty
Shea Weber
Henrik Zetterberg
Michael Ryder
Patrick Kane
David Desharnais
Milan Lucic
David Clarkson
Dany Heatley
Jamie Benn
T.J. Oshie
Zdeno Chara
Alex Pietrangelo
Bobby Ryan
Jaromir Jagr
Alexandre Burrows
Mike Ribeiro
Valtteri Filppula
Brad Marchand
Evander Kane
Paul Stastny
Brian Campbell
Ryan Suter
Dion Phaneuf
Shane Doan
Andrew Ladd
Alexander Semin
Derek Stepan
Kevin Shattenkirk
Mikhail Grabrovski
Cody Hodgson

There's still a lot of big names after that like Lidstrom, Subban, Yandle, Keith, etc. however that's a lot of the big names that are high on the list.

The scoring cats as they are:

Head to Head (Points Based)

+/- = .25
A = 1
G = 2
PIM = .1
PPA = 1
PPG = 2
PPP = 1
ShG = 1.5
SHP = 2
GA = -1
SHO = 5
SV = .1
W = 5

I think the goalie cats do a great job of giving good value to goalies so I don't want to change them. Also, let me just say that I have no idea why I made a ShG worth 1.5 points and a SHP worth 2 points. Makes no sense whatsoever, I know. Whatever, it was my first season as a commissioner ever and we were in a rush to start the league since it was started late in the off-season so I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. So I wanna change that by flipping it around so a ShG is worth 2 points and a SHP is worth 1.5.

I want to get rid of the PPP category altogether. I feel like there's already enough extra points for scoring on the power play with the PPG and PPA categories. Having a PPP category just seems like way too much. I also want to make assists be on a more even playing field with goals by adding .5 to A and PPA.

I know that changing the cats on you guys like this would be rash if I didn't make sure you guys were okay with it so that's why I'm asking. What are your thoughts? Personally, I think we'll all be on an even playing field even if we did change the scoring cats.

As usual, if you don't comment then I assume you have no opinion on the matter.

Old
05-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I'm down with that.

05-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Garbage Goal

Out of curiosity, if we go with what I said (flipping ShG and SHP and getting rid of PPP) the top 10 in free agency looks like this:

Stamkos - 204.35
Gaborik - 163.15
Pominville - 150.95
Whitney -150.3
Parise -149.45
Tavres -149.1
Moulson - 147.85
Hossa - 146
Sharp -140.3
Michalek - 135.2

And the way they look if we don't change anything:

Stamkos - 228.85 Points
Gaborik - 182.15
Pominville - 175.95
Tavares - 173.1
Moulson - 170.85
Hossa - 167.5
Whitney - 167.3
Parise - 162.95
Sharp - 157.3
Vanek - 153.2

Not nearly as much change as I thought there would be.

Old
05-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I like the one that doesn't make me sad about dropping Vanek.

Old
05-14-2012, 08:33 PM
PALE PWNR

Think you got just the skater rankings as there are goalies available that give a ton of points as well

Old
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Think you got just the skater rankings as there are goalies available that give a ton of points as well
Yeah, you're right. Still doesn't really affect the last post (does affect the first one though). Lundqvist, Pavelec, Miller, Niemi, Rinne, Vokoun, and Theodore are the bulk of the goalies available. There's also Schneider, but he's for the prospect draft.

Goalies get you a lot more points then skaters. However, my rational for that is that goalies are a lot more volatile then skaters plus you have a lot more skaters then you do goalies (even less if you're only looking at quality starters) so it balances out I think.

On a side-note, can't wait for the pro draft. I love fantasy drafts.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

I want Rinne I dont pick till 2nd round so I wont get him, but if someone wants to grab him to make a deal with me let me know. I think I would give up just about anyone (except Quick and Eberle).

Old
05-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Garbage Goal

If nobody objects then I'm going to keep the scoring stats changed to the new format. It lowers skater values a bit, which in turn makes goalies more valuable, but I feel it should be that way considering the amount of skaters there are compared to quality goalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
I want Rinne I dont pick till 2nd round so I wont get him, but if someone wants to grab him to make a deal with me let me know. I think I would give up just about anyone (except Quick and Eberle).
What about Lundqvist? I might draft him instead of Stamkos. Of course I'm only looking at NHL players in return though since I'm full of quality prospects now.

Might draft Schneider too in the prospect draft. Don't you already have like three quality goalies? lol.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:49 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
I'm thinking I'll start the draft exactly one week after the NHL playoffs end.
I think that's far too soon

Closed Thread