vCash: 500
Ellis has awesome masks

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Where to find Mighty Ducks Jersey?

Hi Ducks fans, I'm trying to find a place to buy authentic Mid 90's-Mid 2000's Mighty Ducks Jerseys. Specifically I would love to find a Selanne one from this era, does anyone know where I could find one online? Thanks.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Sirquacksalot
Nok

eBay. That is literally the only place they are left. Nobody manufactures them because the name/logo/jersey is owned by Disney, and their lawyers will come down on anyone that tries to make a knockoff. There might be one or two left in old stock at a brick and mortar store in SoCal, but eBay is your only bet.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 07:00 PM
alx83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
eBay. That is literally the only place they are left. Nobody manufactures them because the name/logo/jersey is owned by Disney, and their lawyers will come down on anyone that tries to make a knockoff. There might be one or two left in old stock at a brick and mortar store in SoCal, but eBay is your only bet.
From what I understand, when the owners purchased the team, they purchased everything that came with it. This is evident in our use of the Mighty Ducks logo on the shoulder patch on the alternate. I'm willing to bet we'll see the (recolored) Mighty Ducks logo on the front of one of our jerseys within the next four seasons.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
This. A simple search of Mighty Ducks Jersey, Or Anaheim Ducks jersey and youll find what your looking for. It is pretty tough to find a reasonably priced one with name and number though, but a blank is pretty cheap and theres a decent amount.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:41 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I doubt Disney's lawyers (or any lawyers) has anything to do with how likely a knockoff is to appear. All knockoffs are illegal, it doesn't stop them from making other jerseys. They're normally offshore too, so it's harder to prosecute/sue them. There's just no market for knockoffs. Knockoff sites don't have many modern Ducks jerseys, so the decidedly more niche Mighty Ducks jerseys are certainly going to be more rare.

Ebay is the way to go. The reason that blanks are cheap is that a) they're probably counterfeit and b) what few people have paid for customized jerseys are certainly less likely to sell them than for plain ones where there's no sentimentality.

Does anyone know of a place that will customize an old MD jersey in the proper colors? I have one that I wouldn't mind getting done with Selanne's name.

Related to that, does anyone know the history of the uniforms? Mine is supposedly an authentic, but who knows. It is a CCM and it does not have the shoulder patches. When did the shoulder patches come in relative to the brand switching? I got it in 03, which I think was well after the jerseys switched to having the shoulder patches and not CCM, so it does seem a little unlikely they would make a counterfeit CCM in 03.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I doubt Disney's lawyers (or any lawyers) has anything to do with how likely a knockoff is to appear. All knockoffs are illegal, it doesn't stop them from making other jerseys. They're normally offshore too, so it's harder to prosecute/sue them. There's just no market for knockoffs. Knockoff sites don't have many modern Ducks jerseys, so the decidedly more niche Mighty Ducks jerseys are certainly going to be more rare.

Ebay is the way to go. The reason that blanks are cheap is that a) they're probably counterfeit and b) what few people have paid for customized jerseys are certainly less likely to sell them than for plain ones where there's no sentimentality.

Does anyone know of a place that will customize an old MD jersey in the proper colors? I have one that I wouldn't mind getting done with Selanne's name.

Related to that, does anyone know the history of the uniforms? Mine is supposedly an authentic, but who knows. It is a CCM and it does not have the shoulder patches. When did the shoulder patches come in relative to the brand switching? I got it in 03, which I think was well after the jerseys switched to having the shoulder patches and not CCM, so it does seem a little unlikely they would make a counterfeit CCM in 03.

This I would really like to know, there are so few customized ones on eBay, I check frequently, but have only found a few at a reasonable price level, I got a Kariya White Third for like 20 bucks a while back, but otherwise its mostly just blanks. I would definitely buy a blank if there was somewhere to customize them

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:17 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Try contacting icejerseys or coolhockey and see if they can do it.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Disgruntled Goat

Does anyone think the 3rd jersey will become the primary some time soon?

Disgruntled Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

I hope not. Now, if they went back to the 04 3rd jerseys, only with current colors, that I'd love to see.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat View Post
Does anyone think the 3rd jersey will become the primary some time soon?
Nope. I think the primary would steal the webbed D from the third before that happened.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:08 PM
mighty all the way

I think they will be in, maybe not this year but next. They promote the jersey a lot. The third jersey actually gives us an identity, the other one is so boring and doesn't stand out with the wordmark. Wordmark can work, but in this case the web D is better IMO

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:22 PM
James Franco

I just want the word mark gone and in with the webbed D.

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:31 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

I'm 90% sure we'll be wearing those hideous things full time not next season but the following.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

3d jersey as primary and 04 3d jersey as our current 3d would make better situation than now.

They recently already made new jersey, i don`t see them developing anything new anytime soon though.

PS
Even though it`ll be hard to make similar jersey with our new colours and name. But oh well, i`d be ok to even go with these colours and put in a little bit of orange somewhere, adjust logos a bit.

Last edited by Kalvinators: 05-07-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:22 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

they need to use the Mighty Ducks jerseys as the alternate, I mean come on, in 2012 those would actually be "cool" to buy

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:34 AM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

vCash: 69
Personally I can't stand the side stripes. Too desperate for attention.

It just...really doesn't look good.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Disgruntled Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I hope not. Now, if they went back to the 04 3rd jerseys, only with current colors, that I'd love to see.
I'd love to see that as well, the only problem is that Minnesota kinda stole our jerseys lol.

Disgruntled Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Sirquacksalot
Nok

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
they need to use the Mighty Ducks jerseys as the alternate, I mean come on, in 2012 those would actually be "cool" to buy
Yup. People are buying 90s stuff in outlandish colors in droves.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Gibson Les Palms

I hope not. I think that thing looks ridiculous. Especially those socks.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 04:52 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Wonder if they'll pull a road alternate. That would actually look good in the white color scheme I think.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 05:12 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Wonder if they'll pull a road alternate. That would actually look good in the white color scheme I think.
You're supposedly limited to 3 jerseys.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Even if they could, don't see it happening. They promote the hell out of the jersey so it sells, but I think that's the extent of it. We're more likely to see things stay as they are for a few years until there's a complete re-design IMO.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:03 PM
SupermanPahlsson

I think they'll move the 3rd to the homes, and make a new away sometime soon. The 3rds are marketed to much it's not a farfetched idea.

Anyone think they'll bring back a variation of the old Mighty Ducks jerseys in time for 2013-2014 (20th Anniversary)?

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 04:07 PM
duckhead32686
Cup4Saku

Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
I think they'll move the 3rd to the homes, and make a new away sometime soon. The 3rds are marketed to much it's not a farfetched idea.

Anyone think they'll bring back a variation of the old Mighty Ducks jerseys in time for 2013-2014 (20th Anniversary)?
I agree that they change the away to look like the 3rd and make the 3rd the primary home. I also hope they have some throwback nights. Isn't the 20th year supposed to be the 12-13 season coming up? or are they going by season? meaning because of the lockout it would be the 13-14 season? I remember the X behind the mighty duck logo during the 02-03 season celebrating 10 years....

duckhead32686 is offline   Reply With Quote