HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Marlies Thread Part IX: Stuart Percy Impresses All.

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2012, 09:21 AM
DevinH2004

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
no they wouldn't, he played in round 1 because Blacker was hurt. With Blacker back Percy sits
But this is the way I saw it. Blacker went down. Engel was the only other defenseman on the clear day roster I believe. So he should have replaced Blacker, but he too was injured, so we could then use Percy, and ONLY then because of the injuries.

Then Blacker comes back and we HAVE to replace Percy with him not only because we want to but the rules state it. Percy played awesome in the first round and everyone was praising him. So I'm sure Eakins would have wanted to use him still, maybe in place of Gysbers? But at this point we couldn't because we had six healthy defensemen from the clear day roster. It wasn't for a lack of want but a lack of eligibility that Percy isn't playing right now.

Whether or not that last bit is true about Eakins I obviously have no idea. But what I'm trying to point out in this thread to others is that we cannot play anyone we want to. We have a list of players we submitted and only when those players are injured can we play the likes of Percy, Biggs, Abbott, Leivo, etc, etc.

Last edited by DevinH2004: 05-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old
05-05-2012, 09:28 AM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinH2004 View Post
But this is the way I saw it. Blacker went down. Engel was the only other defenseman on the clear day roster I believe. So he should have replaced Blacker, but he too was injured, so we could then use Percy, and ONLY then because of the injuries.

Then Blacker comes back and we HAVE to replace Percy with him not only because we want to but the rules state it. Percy played awesome in the first round and everyone was praising him. So I'm sure Eakins would have wanted to use him still, maybe in place of Gysbers? But at this point we couldn't because we had six healthy defensemen from the clear day roster. It wasn't for a lack of want but a lack of eligibility that Percy isn't playing right now.
No.

Engel was healthy, and Eakins made the choice to insert Percy instead of Engel. He straight up said that he didnt enjoy having to go to Engel, who was with the team all season, and say he couldnt play.

And this is what people fail to realize. AHL >>>> Junior. Gysbers wont be as Percy is maybe even as soon as next year, but it would be absolute stupidity to play Percy over Gysbers at this point. Hes had a solid year with the Marlies, and thats coming from a guy who thought last year he had major defensive deficiencies

Junior players added to the Marlie roster arent "emergency callups". Hence if you look like why guys like Christian Thomas in Hartford, Emerson Etem in Syracuse played all games in the playoffs

Old
05-05-2012, 11:52 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinH2004 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's saying teams could add them to their clear day roster without ATO or PTO, not to the roster after the clear day is announced. Totally different things.

This is the part that matters

"unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension."

Therefore you can only use players on your clear day roster, unless the following applies. I'm pretty sure if the Marlies could be playing Percy they would be right now.
You can't add a player to the clear day roster if you don't have that player.

New players can be added as per the link.

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
Old
05-05-2012, 01:37 PM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

vCash: 50
Once a players junior or college season ends and they are signed to a contract they are free to play fr the marlies or leafs if they were still in it

Old
05-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Russell Oliver
HFBoards Sponsor

Marlie game on Leafs TV

Last night, and Tue and Wed game will be televised.

Old
05-06-2012, 04:52 PM
S2S
Come at me bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Last night, and Tue and Wed game will be televised.
Thanks for the heads up, though I'm guessing you won't be watching....

Old
05-06-2012, 06:22 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

What happened to the RFA/UFA thread?

Old
05-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team

I don't know if it's already been posted but I found this video about D'Amigo's beard amusing: http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...sole?id=175152

I wish I could grow a beard like that. I really hope D'Amigo is a part of this organization for a long time, you can tell how much he wants to win out there.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Malthus View Post
I don't know if it's already been posted but I found this video about D'Amigo's beard amusing: http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...sole?id=175152

I wish I could grow a beard like that. I really hope D'Amigo is a part of this organization for a long time, you can tell how much he wants to win out there.
lmfao thats awesome

05-06-2012, 09:26 PM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Currently watching Portland/Edmonton on a Portland fox affiliate. I'll report on Ross of what I see.

Old
05-06-2012, 09:32 PM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Winterhawks are rollin'! 2 PP goals in a matter of a few shifts. 3-0, I've not seen Ross on the ice yet.

Check That, Ross isn't playing. Injury? Suspension?

Last edited by CrankuptheSnakes: 05-06-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old
05-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Winterhawks are rollin'! 2 PP goals in a matter of a few shifts. 3-0, I've not seen Ross on the ice yet.
The boxscore says he got a fight and a game misconduct. Same with the guy he fought.

Old
05-06-2012, 09:40 PM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
The boxscore says he got a fight and a game misconduct. Same with the guy he fought.
Thanks.

Old
05-06-2012, 09:46 PM
dougieg93
flip for filip

Ross engaged in a fight while another one was ongoing which deserves a game misconduct.

Old
05-06-2012, 10:36 PM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Unbelievable hockey game. Reinhart is a STUD.

4-3 Hawks.

Old
05-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Unbelievable hockey game. Reinhart is a STUD.

4-3 Hawks.
give us good update i haven't been able to watch WHL in a whille.

Old
05-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Stephen

How's Carter Ashton looking? Has he not been dressing for all the games since he's only played two games? I notice his offense still hasn't really clicked, which can be expected with the mid season trade.

Old
05-06-2012, 11:37 PM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

I really wished I was there while watching it. It reminded me a lot of the Windsor/London, and Windsor/Kitchener series' style of hockey. Portland looked all but poised to run away with it, and the it wa like someone flipped a switch, and the Oil Kings went to work.

Beautiful goals by Baertschi and Rattie.

Samuelsson was impressive. He stands to work on skating, but his PP goal to start the third really got his team going.

Reinhart is an absolute monster. Big hitter, eats major minutes (it was like he never left the ice), big shot... Man, I would be surprised if Carolina takes a D-man that isn't him.

Old
05-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
How's Carter Ashton looking? Has he not been dressing for all the games since he's only played two games? I notice his offense still hasn't really clicked, which can be expected with the mid season trade.
I'm pretty sure he's shut down for the season with a concussion sustained last series.

Old
05-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
He's out with a concussion. His offense was working fine in the start of the season, he still needs to bring it all out IMO. Next season should be a good step for him to continue bringing it out, realistically he can hit around 20ish goals if all goes well in the bigs.

Old
05-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Malthus View Post
I'm pretty sure he's shut down for the season with a concussion sustained last series.
Oh that's too bad, it would have been nice to have him get that playoff experience and enter the offseason healthy and hitting the ground running with the training.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:43 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He's out with a concussion. His offense was working fine in the start of the season, he still needs to bring it all out IMO. Next season should be a good step for him to continue bringing it out, realistically he can hit around 20ish goals if all goes well in the bigs.

i still believe he has top line potential if his offensive game fully develops. he is the kind of guy you want in your top 3. a line of kessel-kadri-ashton would be awesome.

but every piece needs to fall into place

Old
05-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
i still believe he has top line potential if his offensive game fully develops. he is the kind of guy you want in your top 3. a line of kessel-kadri-ashton would be awesome.

but every piece needs to fall into place
Yeap. I still do too, I just hope he can bring it out. He has the offense in him but we need him to learn how to bring that offense out. I was damn happy when he was able to bring it out in first half of the AHL season. Let's hope he can continue to do that in the upcoming season along with Colborne.

They both have good potential we just need to bring it out.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Number13

It didn't get publicized enough, but it was a very dirty hit that knocked Ashton out of the lineup. I believe it was in the dying seconds of a game that the Marlies had won. It was a hit from behind that was purely out of frustration, not a hockey play. Really infuriating to see that happen to a young kid.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
It didn't get publicized enough, but it was a very dirty hit that knocked Ashton out of the lineup. I believe it was in the dying seconds of a game that the Marlies had won. It was a hit from behind that was purely out of frustration, not a hockey play. Really infuriating to see that happen to a young kid.
Let's all hope he comes back stronger from this incidents and works hard in the off-season

Closed Thread