HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ECSF #4|May 6, 2012|Flyers at Devils|7:30 p.m. ET

Old
05-07-2012, 12:07 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
there is only 1 reason Washington is still playing hockey. His name is Braden Holtby.
yet this style got Lavy to within one game of game 7 of the Cup Final with MICHAEL LEIGHTON in goal in 2010.
Again I ask who do you want coaching this team? Berube? LOL
some scrub from the AHL. tried that. didnt end well.
Ill take my chances with the guy that has a ring and could have another if we had compitent goaltending in 2010.
I really am getting sick and tired of dealing with some of the ******** on this board.
Who do I want coaching this team? A DEFENSIVE MINDED coach, or do we need to watch 99% of the next 36 cup winners do it with a defense FIRST system just like we already have since '75?

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:24 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
Who do I want coaching this team? A DEFENSIVE MINDED coach, or do we need to watch 99% of the next 36 cup winners do it with a defense FIRST system just like we already have since '75?
like who then. who is out there?
The Flyers have had defensive minded coaches in the past. didnt work. it doesnt always work.
I can see us getting a defensive minded coach. when we still dont win the Cup we would have 50 threads on why we dont score enough.
gotta love it. people want the coach canned. but wont give a solution on who to bring in.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:34 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
like who then. who is out there?
The Flyers have had defensive minded coaches in the past. didnt work. it doesnt always work.
I can see us getting a defensive minded coach. when we still dont win the Cup we would have 50 threads on why we dont score enough.
gotta love it. people want the coach canned. but wont give a solution on who to bring in.
You sound like Eagle fans who think Andy Reid is irreplaceable. One defensive coach who was here is in the Conference Finals. It's not about a solution though, it's about following a blueprint that has won 99% of Cups for at least the last 38 years.

After watching the Capitals play pond hockey and get nowhere, you still want a coach like Lavy who runs a system that FAILS to win cups 99% of the time?

I don't. Pond hockey sucks.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:45 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
You sound like Eagle fans who think Andy Reid is irreplaceable. One defensive coach who was here is in the Conference Finals. It's not about a solution though, it's about following a blueprint that has won 99% of Cups for at least the last 38 years.

After watching the Capitals play pond hockey and get nowhere, you still want a coach like Lavy who runs a system that FAILS to win cups 99% of the time?

LOL.
I think most Eagles fans hate Andy Reid.
you need to work on your trolling act. it clearly isnt working.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:50 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
LOL.
I think most Eagles fans hate Andy Reid.
you need to work on your trolling act. it clearly isnt working.
Trolling? Negative. Nice try though.

Just stating why I'm fed up with this pond hockey style of play. You continue to enjoy it, I'll continue to hope Uncle Ed & Homer figure out defense first wins cups.

I shouldn't be surprised though. It took us about 21 years to finally get a goalie. At that pace by around 2033 we should have a coach that plays a defense first system.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:20 AM
FlyerGuy18

i told myself after game 2 that they couldn't play that bad again.

they weren't much better in game 3 & game 4 seemed like a repeat of game 2.

I just hope they can push it to 7, then anything can happen

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:33 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy18 View Post
i told myself after game 2 that they couldn't play that bad again.

they weren't much better in game 3 & game 4 seemed like a repeat of game 2.

I just hope they can push it to 7, then anything can happen
We came back from an even bigger deficit two years ago. Why not now?

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:46 AM
FlyerGuy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
We came back from an even bigger deficit two years ago. Why not now?
they way they've played the last 6 days is really what's keeping me from thinking they can do it. i hope they can recapture how they played in the 2nd/3rd periods of game 1.

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:56 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy18 View Post
they way they've played the last 6 days is really what's keeping me from thinking they can do it. i hope they can recapture how they played in the 2nd/3rd periods of game 1.
Exactly the ability is there, if the players can require their execution it is very possible for them to win. If not they loss soon and still as good or better than 25 other teams in the league.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:54 AM
kimmofan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianguy77 View Post
lol...Pen's have a cup in the last 40 years so I don't think they're too sad.
pens devils and rangers all have at least one cup in the last 20 years.... just to back up your point.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Pierrot

Well with the way the team played, there's only room for improvement , I really think they can force game 7 , winning the series is a different story ..
I also think that lavy should start playing with 7 D , and double shifting giroux, or a guy that's really putting effort on the ice . Maybe start benching simmonds also?? I don't know...

Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 06:46 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

They need to do only one thing - glue a paper with Malkin's pigface on Marty Brodeur's ass - amazing things will happen

kudymen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

This team is decimated on defense. When you have the type of injuries this team has on the blue line, the system isn't going to make a difference.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:55 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
This team is decimated on defense. When you have the type of injuries this team has on the blue line, the system isn't going to make a difference.
Really? If the forwards played a defensive style of play FIRST, instead of Washington Capitals pond hockey, we wouldn't be in a 3-1 hole. When you cant stop the other team from cycling over and over and over in your own end, racing up and down the ice to score as often as possible doesn't work.

Maybe that's why we are 0-5 when scoring less than 4 goals this post season. This team isn't built to win tight checking, low scoring, one goal playoff games. 99% of the cup winners for the past 35+ years are.

The prosecution rests.