HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2012, 02:59 PM
  #351
KenGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
At least Zucc wont make mistakes like Kreider today

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:06 PM
  #352
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,940
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
At least Zucc wont make mistakes like Kreider today
Oh please foolish

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
  #353
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'd still love to know what this "Zuc can help the power play" idea is based on.
Listen to Torts old own comments on the subject - ye Old Moderator
Your anti Zuccarello and anti European agenda gets quite boring - and I have been here since 2004...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:20 PM
  #354
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Oh please foolish
Totally agree there man...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:23 PM
  #355
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
mistakes happen its part of the game

conspiracy talk is crazy as well. After an emotional win in game 3 I expected more but we simply didn't capitalize.

We had our own chances on the PP as did the caps - that's the difference in the game.

I'd bring in Zuc given he is healthy. I think the kid is a force on PP

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:22 PM
  #356
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,888
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Listen to Torts old own comments on the subject - ye Old Moderator
Your anti Zuccarello and anti European agenda gets quite boring - and I have been here since 2004...
Oh ye Current Commoner.

Your rhetoric is exhausting. And I've been here since pre-2002.

What were Torts' "old" comments?

Weee this is fun.

__________________

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 05-05-2012 at 10:47 PM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:46 PM
  #357
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Oh ye Current Commoner.

Your rhetoric is exhausting. And I've been here since pre-2002.

What were Torts' "old" comments?

Weee this is fun.
Please read http://bluelinestation.com/2012/03/22/mats-zuccarello-is-being-praised-by-everbody-future-as-a-ranger-revived/

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:31 AM
  #358
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Our PP is exhausting.
5-31 in the Ottawa series incl 0-1 on a 5 minute major.
2-13 so far in 4 games against Washington.
I am absolutely certain we would have better results with Zuccarello in the lineup
This really matters

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:04 AM
  #359
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,166
vCash: 500
Your link is dead on my PC

Edit: Found it.


Last edited by fredrikstad: 05-06-2012 at 06:14 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:07 AM
  #360
TigerJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country:
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Our PP is exhausting.
5-31 in the Ottawa series incl 0-1 on a 5 minute major.
2-13 so far in 4 games against Washington.
I am absolutely certain we would have better results with Zuccarello in the lineup
This really matters
It would matter. And it could matter more and more as long as the series are going so deep with so many games and OT. Fatigue will be an issue. All though Zuke hasnīt been on ice for a long time, he is rested and could be a tie breaker with his PP-skills.
IMO he was really good in ES also. Good along the boards, and most important: Did not make any big mistakes (Kreider had two major mistakes last night that both lead to goals for the Caps).

It would be so awesome if Rangers makes it through to the CF and Zuke is added to the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Oh please foolish
Well, if Zuke were to make so big mistakes with such outcome (2 goals for caps) he would get crucified by many fans (the Zucc-haters)..... The "Send him down"-chants would be heard all across the Atlantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Your link is dead on my PC
Here you go

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:33 AM
  #361
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,166
vCash: 500
What does this mean?
http://www.rangerstribune.com/the-ra...to-return.html

"In other news, Mats Zuccarello skated twice this week for the first time since breaking his wrist back on March 23. Granted these skates were on his own, the Norwegian forward is making progress on the road to recovery and is expected to eventually return to the lineup if the Rangers make it past the semifinal round. "

Does it means conferense semi final or past round three,as in THE STanley Cup Final?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:40 AM
  #362
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
If someone took the time to find out our PP% with Zucca on the team when he was called up, I bet it was like 25%...eh might be wrong, but as I remenber it, it was significantly improved!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:49 AM
  #363
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
If someone took the time to find out our PP% with Zucca on the team when he was called up, I bet it was like 25%...eh might be wrong, but as I remenber it, it was significantly improved!
the important thing about our powerplay is not just the result but building momentum...you can't score on every powerplay, but you can at least build momentum....you could see the rejuvenated pp with excitement quick passing that he brouhgt...it would open up the pp huge with how agressive the caps penalty killers are and zuke's quick thinking and passing...maybe we get lucky and he is back for game 6... here's to hoping!!!! Even without the results it built up momentum for the rangers

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:14 AM
  #364
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
It would matter. And it could matter more and more as long as the series are going so deep with so many games and OT. Fatigue will be an issue. All though Zuke hasnīt been on ice for a long time, he is rested and could be a tie breaker with his PP-skills.
IMO he was really good in ES also. Good along the boards, and most important: Did not make any big mistakes (Kreider had two major mistakes last night that both lead to goals for the Caps).

It would be so awesome if Rangers makes it through to the CF and Zuke is added to the lineup.


Well, if Zuke were to make so big mistakes with such outcome (2 goals for caps) he would get crucified by many fans (the Zucc-haters)..... The "Send him down"-chants would be heard all across the Atlantic


Here you go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
the important thing about our powerplay is not just the result but building momentum...you can't score on every powerplay, but you can at least build momentum....you could see the rejuvenated pp with excitement quick passing that he brouhgt...it would open up the pp huge with how agressive the caps penalty killers are and zuke's quick thinking and passing...maybe we get lucky and he is back for game 6... here's to hoping!!!! Even without the results it built up momentum for the rangers
Myself and Torts/Sather agree. Not sure about the entire "fan base " though

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:35 AM
  #365
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
What does this mean?
http://www.rangerstribune.com/the-ra...to-return.html

"In other news, Mats Zuccarello skated twice this week for the first time since breaking his wrist back on March 23. Granted these skates were on his own, the Norwegian forward is making progress on the road to recovery and is expected to eventually return to the lineup if the Rangers make it past the semifinal round. "

Does it means conferense semi final or past round three,as in THE STanley Cup Final?
I think it means Eastern Conference Final. Heres hoping!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
  #366
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think it means Eastern Conference Final. Heres hoping!
Thanks a lot dud.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:29 PM
  #367
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,366
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
What does this mean?
http://www.rangerstribune.com/the-ra...to-return.html

"In other news, Mats Zuccarello skated twice this week for the first time since breaking his wrist back on March 23. Granted these skates were on his own, the Norwegian forward is making progress on the road to recovery and is expected to eventually return to the lineup if the Rangers make it past the semifinal round. "

Does it means conferense semi final or past round three,as in THE STanley Cup Final?
Oh sweet mother of Jesus let that be true. Adds strong depth on offense and gives our PP some credibility.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:43 AM
  #368
eddieras
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
this just in...

Pat Leonard tweets that Mats Zuccarello is on the ice early at Rangers practice this morning. Leonard notes that Zuccarello is taking shots on the ice as he recovers from his broken wrist.

eddieras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:49 AM
  #369
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Correct me if Im wrong but tomorrow is 6 weeks? I think Zuccs is back for game 1 of the ECF as long as we get there.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:02 AM
  #370
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 500
KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Zuccarello not a possibility for tonight, per Tortorella

Probably because he doesn't cycle the puck for 38 seconds then lose the puck enough for Tort's taste

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
  #371
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Come back, Zuccs!!! Get that useless piece of dog poopoo Mike Rupp off the ice and into the press box!

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
  #372
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,098
vCash: 500
wHAT A GOAL!!!

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
  #373
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Brichards View Post
Come back, Zuccs!!! Get that useless piece of dog poopoo Mike Rupp off the ice and into the press box!
Mitchell is the odd man out to me. Rupp can grind and is a vet.

With Dubi out for god knows how long Zuccarello would help alot if they can get past this round. this team has trouble scoring goals so I would put him in as soon as he can go. Torts is barely using the 4th line anyway so use him in select spots to start.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:05 PM
  #374
MortUWary
Registered Loser
 
MortUWary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Zuccarello not a possibility for tonight, per Tortorella

Probably because he doesn't cycle the puck for 38 seconds then lose the puck enough for Tort's taste
Hahaha, I nearly spit out my water when I read that. Well done, LOL.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:28 PM
  #375
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,079
vCash: 500
Hopefully when he comes back he adds that spark again like earlier this year.

Add in Dubinsky and this is the deepest we've been all year.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.