HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Game 5: 5/7/12 7:30 EDT: THE NEW YORK RANGERS Vs. Mystery, Alaska Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 10:50 AM
bgroban

vCash: 500
High glove. Win.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:51 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

One thing about the Rags' forecheck is that when the Caps have been able to bypass it quickly, there have been odd-man rush opportunities.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:53 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Another thing about the Rangers forecheck is that they have no offensive talent.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:55 AM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 4071
Agreed Nobody, they appear to be choosing to live and die by their aggressiveness. While we can barely exploit it successfully, they may be rethinking it had we. Semin got pressured and flipped the puck up to Nick for a breakaway. Until we beat it proper, I expect to see it continued.

Its not easy to get an ES breakaway in the playoffs, that's for sure. Nick likes to go with the 5 hole but backhand that glove high next time Nick

Old
05-07-2012, 10:55 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Tarik El-Bashir‏@TarikElBashir

#Rangers Tortorella: "To me, this series has been an even harder series to play than the Ottawa series."

Old
05-07-2012, 10:57 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Capitals are in the Rangers heads. Expect the Rangers d-men to move up further to be more involved in play, Caps respond with stretch passes. Look for Laich to pot one like he did in the Bruin series along with Semin getting one. Caps 3-1.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:57 AM
CaptainKonoForever

But seriously...when do those top 4 d-men get tired for the Rangers? How long can those guys play at top form playing those many minutes in the playoffs? I give them credit so far, damn good.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post

#Rangers Tortorella: "To me, this series has been an even harder series to play than the Ottawa series."
Haha... Every Ranger fan on here has been saying the opposite.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
bonzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Another thing about the Rangers forecheck is that they have no offensive talent.
Purely foolish for NBC to showcase Kreider as serious force in the series. Still waiting for 8 to truck his young a**

Old
05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post

He thought it would be a cake walk?

There was a comment Torts made about the Caps earlier in the season. It went something like "they don't want to play defense". I just keep hoping that comment comes back to haunt him. I really do along with a lot of other comments made by media, writers and such.

Pierre McGuire sounded half depressed when the Caps beat Boston. He's now sounded depressed when the Caps beat the Rangers.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:04 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
One thing about the Rags' forecheck is that when the Caps have been able to bypass it quickly, there have been odd-man rush opportunities.
Right. I noticed this in game 2 very clearly.

The Rangers are EXTREMELY aggressive with their D pinching in to keep pucks in the offensive zone. The Caps have been getting some good chances at odd man breaks as a result.

They use this tactic b/c they need to in order to generate any quality offense. They keep playing with fire and they will get burnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
But seriously...when do those top 4 d-men get tired for the Rangers? How long can those guys play at top form playing those many minutes in the playoffs? I give them credit so far, damn good.
Saw cracks in the armor last game. I do not understand why they don't put Eminger in if they are going to be playing Bickel a handful of minutes and no more.

Caps have progressively outchanced them in each passing game. Its only a matter of time before the floodgates open. Torts used the same tactics in 09 and last year and towards the end of those series their D was getting spent.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:08 AM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

I have long thought tired players are a waste of breath. Me and my boys would play roller for hours 4 on 4 no subs. And were fine. A young 20 something Dman played 50 minutes... well it obviously wasn't a big deal. Injuries >>> fatigue.

While folks are quick to point out that the bad clear a year ago by a rag D was because of high TOI, i call bunk. That was just the big crafty vet arnott just outside the blue suckering the Dman into thinking he can clear it up the boards. He moved up and threw it to Semin, the rest is history.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:13 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I have long thought tired players are a waste of breath. Me and my boys would play roller for hours 4 on 4 no subs. And were fine. A young 20 something Dman played 50 minutes... well it obviously wasn't a big deal. Injuries >>> fatigue.

While folks are quick to point out that the bad clear a year ago by a rag D was because of high TOI, i call bunk. That was just the big crafty vet arnott just outside the blue suckering the Dman into thinking he can clear it up the boards. He moved up and threw it to Semin, the rest is history.
Well I recall the same from my roller hockey days. However...hitting is darn tiring..hitting and getting hit over the course of a game can wear you down quite easily.

Remember Ovechkin beating Staal on the 2nd goal of the game in game 5 last year. I have to believe this has a cumulative affect. Bumps and bruises simply add up.

Its true it affects the older players more than the youngins but no one is immune to fatigue.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
CaptainKonoForever

I want to be positive like you all that the Caps will win this game tonight but I look at my avatar and I remember, "Its the Caps."

Old
05-07-2012, 11:24 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
I want to be positive like you all that the Caps will win this game tonight but I look at my avatar and I remember, "Its the Caps."

Old
05-07-2012, 11:24 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I agree that the scoring chances have increased for the Caps as the series has progressed. And I think the Rangers may start feeling the pressure more since being the favorites.

I thought the adjustment made to stretch out the O zone with D to D passes was a good one obviously. Just hope the Caps are not blind to a possible NYR adjustment in snatching one of those passes.

Win fellas - goals from Semin, Alzner, Chimera.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I agree that the scoring chances have increased for the Caps as the series has progressed. And I think the Rangers may start feeling the pressure more since being the favorites.

I thought the adjustment made to stretch out the O zone with D to D passes was a good one obviously. Just hope the Caps are not blind to a possible NYR adjustment in snatching one of those passes.

Win fellas - goals from Semin, Alzner, Chimera.
I'm not sure if they're willing to make that adjustment. They've been vulnerable to it all playoffs, and the Sens exploited it much more effectively than the Caps. But they never adjusted. I doubt they will now, as the Rags' MO all year has been to get into shooting lanes and block shots. They pride themselves on that aspect.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
mitchdisaster
Sick flow bro

The rags running that three man deep pressure forecheck opens them up for odd man rushes. Caps need to start connecting on the outlet passes and they could have 2 on 1's and 3on 2's all night. Green and Wideman need to take care of the holes in their stick blades and make tape to tape passes

Old
05-07-2012, 11:32 AM
CaptainKonoForever

It scares me when this board is so positive. I will try my best to make you all more humble and remember we are talking about the caps by posting the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhrt8CrvBB8&feature=fvst

Because its the Caps.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:35 AM
CaptainKonoForever

Another...because its the caps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__Iqu1ZcDc

Old
05-07-2012, 11:37 AM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Well I recall the same from my roller hockey days. However...hitting is darn tiring..hitting and getting hit over the course of a game can wear you down quite easily.

Remember Ovechkin beating Staal on the 2nd goal of the game in game 5 last year. I have to believe this has a cumulative affect. Bumps and bruises simply add up.

Its true it affects the older players more than the youngins but no one is immune to fatigue.
We ran a video camera for some sessions, and it is well documented that we had some good hits. I am almost positive i had a few low grade concussions. My favorite, breaking in on a D/G roaming, he abandoned the crease and i had my head down collecting the puck - it was too late. He was 6'4 probably 230. I got smoked like a skewered hog. I can still picture him lumbering out at me.

I think hits and injuries take their toll more than simple TOI, although in the triple OT, I could see the Caps dmen struggling. Some have suggested it was PK'ing, but still, we are talking young players with a lot less TOI than the Rags had. Maybe intermission meals are in play. Banana's - ha. We used beer. A dman man thinking he is going to get pounded, will often just give the puck away to avoid the hit. its the hitting that drives that, not TOI.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:38 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
It scares me when this board is so positive. I will try my best to make you all more humble and remember we are talking about the caps by posting the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhrt8CrvBB8&feature=fvst

Because its the Caps.
Relax..we got this. Glorious victory is around the corner and much praise will be heaped on the Caps.

Last edited by BobRouse: 12-31-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old
05-07-2012, 11:41 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

3-1 Caps....let's do this.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:44 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Relax..we got this. Glorious victory is around the corner and much praise will be heaped on the Caps.
Can we get a little Sun Tsu.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Old
05-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Can we get a little Sun Tsu.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War
That's what's going to be on the training camp t-shirts next year. Much better than "stay angry" or whatever.

Closed Thread