HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECSF Game 5: 5/7/12 7:30 EDT: THE NEW YORK RANGERS Vs. Mystery, Alaska Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Actually, they'll read: " 'All warfare is based on deception' - Sun Tzu " - Dale Hunter

Old
05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

you will survive young grasshoppers

Cundalini wasn't so lucky - what movie?

Old
05-07-2012, 11:59 AM
tycoonheart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
Another...because its the caps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__Iqu1ZcDc
Dude come on man. This is unnecessary.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:06 PM
CaptainKonoForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Dude come on man. This is unnecessary.
It is so necessary. Positive/confident caps fans = a caps loss.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:07 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
It is so necessary. Positive/confident caps fans = a caps loss.
I am not so confident as some here, but I will say that this seems to be bizarro year for the Caps. So while I would normally agree with you, this year, who the hell knows?

Old
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
txpd

i have no expectations. i am going to watch the game to see what happens

Old
05-07-2012, 12:14 PM
tycoonheart

Yep. As far as I'm concerned, they've already exceeded my expectations. Everything else from here on out is gravy.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:15 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Yep. As far as I'm concerned, they've already exceeded my expectations. Everything else from here on out is gravy.
Same here. Was hoping for a respectable showing from the Boys after barely making it in. No sweeps. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Koized

They have played better on the road for most of the playoffs, especially Holtby. Expect another solid game from them.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:32 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
I don't agree one bit. This is our chance. This is our year. It maybe a while before we get into a position like this again.

It's time to take advantage. I expect them to make it to the SCF. The stars are aligning. I will be satisfied with no less and I expect DH and the team align with my mindset.

They arent staying down on the mat this year after getting knocked down..they are like the Terminator..just relentless. I believe we have captured lightning in a bottle.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Another...because its the caps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__Iqu1ZcDc
Do you have the double OT game vs the pens when Gonchar forgot the puck while leaving the zone giving straka a breakaway on olie

because its the caps

Old
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

I didn't watch the negitubity.

While I think Dale has exceeded many fans expectations, I wonder about his own.

While our team was such a mess on the ice far too often to keep high fan expectations, it appears we grew up as a team. Maybe it was the team simply maturing mentally, or everyone seeing Ovi all but benched at times, Knuble, Ward, etc has the rest realizing snap, I may be next.

I believe the game becomes largely mental. Alzner seeing 20000+ RW's rushing at him, 100000 pucks shot towards Holtby, Ovi driving into the zone countless times. They have the physical tools already, and have for years. What's left? Their mental approach to the game.

I think the playoff success in our backwards bench Ovi all hail Beagle win ugly ways, has the players believing. We call it buying in. Does it lead to wins, who knows. You can't measure these things but they are in play, I believe.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Capitlols

Me thinks they're in the King with No Ring's head.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:36 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Another thing about the Rangers forecheck is that they have no offensive talent.
Gaborik, Richards and Anisimov look pretty talented to me. And Kreider, too, notwithstanding his Game 4 screw-ups.

It's the Caps, and it's the playoffs. So i expect disaster. But i will try to remember it's house money. I will try to zen out like Tex and just watch to see what happens.

Or i'll have a heart attack. That's a good possibility too.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

4-3 Caps.

Playoffs.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Just ****ing win!!!

Old
05-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Actually, they'll read: " 'All, um, warfare is, y'know, based on deception' - Sun Tzu " - Dale Hunter
FTFY.

Win.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Semin

Had a Dentist appointment for tonight at 7:45 pm. I got that changed so I have it in an hour. Like I'm going to miss a second of this game.

So nervous, and not a good nervous.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Uhhh what? They were supposedly built as a contender. They've underachieved most of the season. Why do they get a free pass now? How many seasons have gone by with them not getting out of Round 2? Now suddenly it's ok if they don't? Why? Because they're playing hard? Battling? In other words doing what they're supposed to be doing??? They lose now and it's another failure, nothing more.

Besides, the way the table is set they have just as good a chance as anyone, unless you count LA as unstoppable. Big name contenders/rivals are out. Flyers were always overrated with their goalie and are on the ropes. Devils are inconsistent. Rangers struggled to beat the 8-seed and are hardly a juggernaut.

The goal is the Cup, at least for me. Anything else is crap, esp. another early exit. But whatever works for you.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:53 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
Uhhh what? They were supposedly built as a contender. They've underachieved most of the season. Why do they get a free pass now? How many seasons have gone by with them not getting out of Round 2? Now suddenly it's ok if they don't? Why? Because they're playing hard? Battling? In other words doing what they're supposed to be doing??? They lose now and it's another failure, nothing more.

Besides, the way the table is set they have just as good a chance as anyone, unless you count LA as unstoppable. Big name contenders/rivals are out. Flyers were always overrated with their goalie and are on the ropes. Devils are inconsistent. Rangers struggled to beat the 8-seed and are hardly a juggernaut.

The goal is the Cup, at least for me. Anything else is crap, esp. another early exit. But whatever works for you.
Because it's the Caps.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:58 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

I am interested on any adjustments anyone sees from the coaches. Its the time for coaches to do their things. Swimmer touched on something earlier, but I just saw this.

Quote:
The series shifted thanks to some key adjustments. Laich alluded to seeing some things on video that the Caps might be able to exploit, and they did so by putting pucks on net from the corners and cutting down on the Rangers‘ ability to block shots.

New York finished with just seven blocks, by far its lowest output of the playoffs.

“Obviously, they’re really good at blocking shots, and they feed off blocking shots and going the other way and getting odd-man rushes when their defensemen step up into the play,” Aucoin said. “We wanted to make sure that if we had the chance, we get it to the net. But when we didn’t, we had to get it behind the net and start a cycle and get the puck to the net. We wanted to make sure we didn’t start any breakouts for them.”
I had read somewhere else we did that because their forwards were hunkered down low, presumably ignoring our point men, to stuff our forwards.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...k-to-capitals/

Old
05-07-2012, 01:00 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Doubt that the 8th seeded Los Angeles Kings fan base is saying today "we're just happy to be here and everything's gravy from here on out no matter how they perform".

You knock off both 1st and 2nd seeded teams, you have to start getting pumped.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:07 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

I had read somewhere else we did that because their forwards were hunkered down low, presumably ignoring our point men, to stuff our forwards.
In there own zone the Rangers use the 6 man goalie system and collapse severly. Caps are kinda doing the exact same thing and I suspect more and more teams will do this due to its effectiveness.

I don't have the stats post lockout but I would suspect blocked shots have risen every single year as teams start shifting this way.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:09 PM
bgroban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I don't agree one bit. This is our chance. This is our year. It maybe a while before we get into a position like this again.

It's time to take advantage. I expect them to make it to the SCF. The stars are aligning. I will be satisfied with no less and I expect DH and the team align with my mindset.

They arent staying down on the mat this year after getting knocked down..they are like the Terminator..just relentless. I believe we have captured lightning in a bottle.
Me, too. I have a strange feeling that Washington and Phoenix are on a collision course right now.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:13 PM
tycoonheart

Don't get me wrong. I like the way this team is playing. And I think they can make it far. But I won't be disappointed if things went wrong, like it did last year. And the year before. It was a rocky season. They barely made the playoffs. Given all that, I don't think I'd be quite disappointed as I was the last few years.

Closed Thread