HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 IIHF World Championship Thread

Old
05-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Matt

vCash: 500
What a great captain he will make for the Jackets

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
EspenK

I missed the game- did Murray play for Canada? if so how did he look?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Does anyone who watched this game still want to acquire Luke Schenn?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 05:12 PM
JacketsFanWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I missed the game- did Murray play for Canada? if so how did he look?
I didn't notice him a lot, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for a defenseman. He didn't look out of place defensively.

In the 3rd period, he defended against Okposo skating into the Canada zone and pushed him to the corner. He was able to hold his own battling along with the boards with Okposo. But on the big ice surface, it's not as physical as the NHL, but he was able to play against strong NHL forwards.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:38 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
I didn't notice him a lot, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for a defenseman. He didn't look out of place defensively.

In the 3rd period, he defended against Okposo skating into the Canada zone and pushed him to the corner. He was able to hold his own battling along with the boards with Okposo. But on the big ice surface, it's not as physical as the NHL, but he was able to play against strong NHL forwards.
probably bcuz he played like 7 mins lol

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
But on the big ice surface,
Loving watching the game on this, by the way.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
probably bcuz he played like 7 mins lol
The fact that he played at all, at 18 years old, is a very impressive feat.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:27 AM
wahsnairb

JJ has been nothing short of awesome since coming here.. it just seems like he needed out from under DD's shadow to shine and once he was he has.

CBJ are going to have an all-star! even without Nash!

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Matt

JJ would be an all star even with Nash. Shame of it all is if Nash is here he would be captain

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
JJ would be an all star even with Nash. Shame of it all is if Nash is here he would be captain
Probably true, but that wouldn't make Johnson any less of a leader.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
ya.. I'm saying those who were worried CBJ wouldn't have a worthy all-star when holding the event need not worry because regardless of if Nash is here or not we have one in JJ now.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:20 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

I was so Jacked up after watching him and Cam play, then going to see Avengers in 3D, that I made a new avatar.

My hockey-mad daughter also pointed out that all jacket fans should be Jack fans.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I was so Jacked up after watching him and Cam play, then going to see Avengers in 3D, that I made a new avatar.

My hockey-mad daughter also pointed out that all jacket fans should be Jack fans.
Your avi is my laptop's current wallpaper. Well it is minus the Captain America logo.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

Scoring the OT game winner v Canada

The Capt America nickname is going to have to grow on me, but its very appropriate given the way JJ is playing at the moment. I watched about the half the game + the goals last night, I'll have to rewatch it in entirity from tonight.

The half game I did watch really was good for Atkinson as well. This team (CBJ) has some future pieces in place, now if we can pick up a few more, and solidify the goaltending.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:09 PM
EspenK

Atkinson high sticks Chara in the USA's loss to Slovenia. 4 minutes worth. How the hell did he do that? Must be using an xtra long stick.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Scoring the OT game winner v Canada

The Capt America nickname is going to have to grow on me, but its very appropriate given the way JJ is playing at the moment. I watched about the half the game + the goals last night, I'll have to rewatch it in entirity from tonight.

The half game I did watch really was good for Atkinson as well. This team (CBJ) has some future pieces in place, now if we can pick up a few more, and solidify the goaltending.
Have you SEEN Captain America? It's actually a good movie. (In Avengers, he's kind of a twerp).

Of course, I didn't name him this. He got it because he's the Capt of Team USA.

Besides, we need a hero.

Increasingly it is obvious that Capt JMFJ America is the right guy at the right time.

That said, he's made a few mistakes in the Worlds. He's not a superstar yet.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
punk_o_holic

Methot might get suspended. He hit some guy from behind(with 5 seconds left in the game?) and got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. In fact, 3 players from the game could get suspended. The other 2 were Schenn, who also hit some guy from behind, and a player from Belarus for a possible abuse of an official.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:21 PM
EspenK

Canada and USA are out. How did Murray do? Anyone know?

Old
05-17-2012, 10:28 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

I read on the WHC forum that he struggled a bit, but any player in his situation would, so I don't think it'd hurt his draft stock necessarily.

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:05 PM
bizzz*

2014 IIHF WC is supposed to be in Belarus. I realize that people in the U.S. probably don't really care about this fact, but for my countrymen it's really important to move the event out of our country. Belarusian president (who's named the last dictator of Europe) had invested a lot of his personal money into that tournament and wants to make some revenue wile hundreds of people are still held in jails for their political views. After appeals from the US Congress and German Parliament, European Union is now asking the IIHF to move the tournament to another country. Peter äťastnż is among the promoters of this movement. 14,000 people already have signed the petition at change.org and I hope that amount will be increased.
If someone didn't see what happened in Minsk on December 19th 2010 at the last elections here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhXEnxFYsh8
Thousands of people were beaten down, hundreds were arrested, some of them are still in jail. And that ******* (he is ACTUALLY a ******* - no one knows who his father is) still rules the country for 18 years in a row and plays hockey with his very own hockey team.

Voting at change.org:
http://www.change.org/petitions/iihf..._inviter_modal
Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/World...10237295705457

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
2014 IIHF WC is supposed to be in Belarus. I realize that people in the U.S. probably don't really care about this fact, but for my countrymen it's really important to move the event out of our country. Belarusian president (who's named the last dictator of Europe) had invested a lot of his personal money into that tournament and wants to make some revenue wile hundreds of people are still held in jails for their political views. After appeals from the US Congress and German Parliament, European Union is now asking the IIHF to move the tournament to another country. Peter äťastnż is among the promoters of this movement. 14,000 people already have signed the petition at change.org and I hope that amount will be increased.
If someone didn't see what happened in Minsk on December 19th 2010 at the last elections here's the video:
Thousands of people were beaten down, hundreds were arrested, some of them are still in jail. And that ******* (he is ACTUALLY a ******* - no one knows who his father is) still rules the country for 18 years in a row and plays hockey with his very own hockey team.

Voting at change.org:
Facebook page:
Yeesh. I'd heard it was ugly over there, but not that ugly.

That said, I'm not convinced an internet petition will do much; they frequently don't. Still, good luck and godspeed.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:13 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Atkinson high sticks Chara in the USA's loss to Slovenia. 4 minutes worth. How the hell did he do that? Must be using an xtra long stick.
Slovenia???? SLOVAKIA!!!

Maybe The God is with other teams but SATAN is with us!!!

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:15 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
2014 IIHF WC is supposed to be in Belarus. I realize that people in the U.S. probably don't really care about this fact, but for my countrymen it's really important to move the event out of our country. Belarusian president (who's named the last dictator of Europe) had invested a lot of his personal money into that tournament and wants to make some revenue wile hundreds of people are still held in jails for their political views. After appeals from the US Congress and German Parliament, European Union is now asking the IIHF to move the tournament to another country. Peter Šťastnż is among the promoters of this movement. 14,000 people already have signed the petition at change.org and I hope that amount will be increased.

Voting at change.org:
Facebook page:
Sport isnt politic!!!!!

And by the way, Peter Šťastnż is --- and I hope he will never work in Slovak hockey and will never work for Slovakia.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:59 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Slovenia???? SLOVAKIA!!!

Maybe The God is with other teams but SATAN is with us!!!

Hope the Dark One can bring you one more big win, today, Eva. Gooooo Slovakia!!!!!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:59 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Hope the Dark One can bring you one more big win, today, Eva. Gooooo Slovakia!!!!!
If Slovenia can't win I'm rooting for Slovokia all the way