HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2012, 07:22 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
You have to go back almost a decade to find a season where coaches like Hitch or Torts made it past the second round. Babcock hasn't done it in three seasons in a row now. Our improvements coincide with better rosters and worse rosters. All summer it was how this team would suck since we didn't make a big splash on the FA market. Then it was we're doomed to a lottery pick in Oct and early Nov.

It's funny looking back just a few weeks ago when people were commenting on how we should fall to 6th and get the Yotes in round one for the easier matchup. Careful what you ask for ... you just might get it.

If the front office were as kneejerk and reactionary as the fanbase, we'd be Columbus or Long Island. Trotz has flaws, all coaches do ... but we'd be on coach number 16 if it were up to the various message boards.

Looking at game four, we held the Yotes to one goal and had multiple opportunities to score. The open chances were there which indicates the strategy wasn't the problem .. execution was and that is a player issue. Trotz can't deflect the puck for Hornqvist or snipe the top corner for Fisher. Convert on any of those about 7-10 chances and we're seeing a very different HF this morning.
There is one major fallacy in your statement, you're still talking about 3 coaches that have won the Cup. I get your point but these guys have a ring and we have one second round victory in all the years we've made the playoffs. At some point, results matter. And while we did play a good game the other night and caught some bad luck, the end of the day, we're down 3-1 in the second round. At the rate we're going it's going to take us about 28-32 years to win a Stanley Cup and by then, Legwand is going to be an old man.

Old
05-06-2012, 01:16 PM
token grinder

I don't think all coaches can be judged by a Stanley Cup. Otherwise, Randy Carlye would be a great choice.

Old
05-06-2012, 03:12 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Sunshine pumpers, go pump sunshine somewhere else.

We're in deep doodoo.

Old
05-06-2012, 09:53 PM
hockey diva

Yep, we are. And it's not all on Trotz. Guys who are getting paid the big bucks are not delivering. Failure to execute, same ole song and dance.

Old
05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Yep when the #1 ranked PP goes cold it certainly doesn't help especially this time of year. I honestly think a couple of your late season pick ups have killed the team chemistry also.
I think this is the number one factor of what's happened to this team. Having the add ons imo have killed the team chemistry in addition been a distraction to the team imo. Too late to do anything about it now, the players both old and new just need to come together and find a way to work together now and a way to win. They will either win as a team or lose as a team. Either way they are a team now and so have to do the most w/ what team they have.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-06-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old
05-06-2012, 10:39 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
There is one major fallacy in your statement, you're still talking about 3 coaches that have won the Cup. I get your point but these guys have a ring and we have one second round victory in all the years we've made the playoffs. At some point, results matter. And while we did play a good game the other night and caught some bad luck, the end of the day, we're down 3-1 in the second round. At the rate we're going it's going to take us about 28-32 years to win a Stanley Cup and by then, Legwand is going to be an old man.
It took the Penguins 23 years to win a Cup. The Flyers got a couple quick, but it's been 36 years since they last won. The Stars (and Seals with their eventual merge) took 32 years. Kings and Blues are at 44 years without one. There's your class of 67. Of the "O6" the Hawks went 49 years without ... the Rangers are at 18 years this time after over 40 years between cups ... the Bruins went 39 years ... the Habs will be at 20 years between Cups if they win next season. Neither of the 1970-71 expansion teams has a Cup in 41 years ... the Flames needed 16 seasons ... Sharks, Panthers, Thrashers/Jets, Jets/Yotes, Jackets all without winning it all.

A little perspective on our 13 seasons without a Cup Parade.

Losing to the Yotes or Kings would be disappointing, but, this is the team who's fans were readying our lottery parties in October ... fail for Nail ... we'll never score ... we suck ... we can't do a thing without Goc, Sully, and Ward ... oh, wait, #4 seed ... overall a good season in spite of our fans readiness to bail at the first sign the season would have challenges.

So far this is a hard fought, but painful to watch, series. Individual mistakes are hard to see when there is nothing we as fans can do to correct it. But, they keep going out there and generating chances. If the team rolled over like so many of the posts indicate, I'd be upset. Going hard and getting beat is tough to swallow, but, how one reacts to adversity is a test of character ... for the individual and team. Game 5 is that next character test.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:00 AM
handsomehal
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
sir, you are in the wrong thread
indeed. this year is all but over.

rookie predictions: suter is gone next year, rads will probably go back home to the KHL where he can do whatever he wants. AK won't get resigned.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:41 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

If you told me in early November that we'd make the 2nd round again, I would've said you're full of ****. Obviously, losing to Phx would suck really bad. However, who to blame? Can't blame Poile, he went all in. Trotz is Trotz, if not for him we aren't even in the playoffs. I'll blame who every fan blames during games they lose: the refs. Too many waived off goals because of the intent to whistle bs. We should be proud of our team, but pissed at the zebras.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomehal View Post
rookie predictions: suter is gone next year, rads will probably go back home to the KHL where he can do whatever he wants. AK won't get resigned.
I think most of us are predicting this even if we win the Cup.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I think this is the number one factor of what's happened to this team. Having the add ons imo have killed the team chemistry in addition been a distraction to the team imo. Too late to do anything about it now, the players both old and new just need to come together and find a way to work together now and a way to win. They will either win as a team or lose as a team. Either way they are a team now and so have to do the most w/ what team they have.
Thanks and I hate to give folks the I told you so around here but AK I told ya so and you are now seeing in SK what we saw for multiple seasons and why we were eager to let him go for 5 games of Boyd lol.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Thanks and I hate to give folks the I told you so around here but AK I told ya so and you are now seeing in SK what we saw for multiple seasons and why we were eager to let him go for 5 games of Boyd lol.
I don't think anyone here has had much issue with SK except that he passes a lot and he disappears in the playoffs at times. But in his defense, he shouldn't be a first liner, neither should Fisher, and both of them haven't done much lately.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I don't think anyone here has had much issue with SK except that he passes a lot and he disappears in the playoffs at times. But in his defense, he shouldn't be a first liner, neither should Fisher, and both of them haven't done much lately.
One of our biggest issues with his on ice game the rest was his off ice antics.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
One of our biggest issues with his on ice game the rest was his off ice antics.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard anything off-ice related from him.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:07 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard anything off-ice related from him.
he missed a team meeting ealry this year or last year and was a scratch. Other than that, I have only heard of him and other euros drinking doing purple rain karaoke after we were bounced last year.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
I think most of us are predicting this even if we win the Cup.
It's like predicting your going to lose at Powerball it's plain as day what's going to happen and if your wrong & win at least 3 bucks your actually some what happy. Suter has been counting down the days till he can skip out of town, Rads is just trying to play out his contract to get a bidding war when he hits UFA status, and AK is now playing in his baby brother's shadow.

Last edited by Gnashville: 05-07-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

This series ended last Sunday. The past 8 days have been nothing but a delaying of the inevitable. I can't wait for the spinners to come by:

I'm guessing they'll blame the refs this time.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
I'm guessing they'll blame the refs this time.
My money is on many blaming some kind of Bettman conspiracy.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:47 PM
1c3

Now we can join in on the Bettman hate! We've officially arrived as a fanbase.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Suter's last game as a pred. Fitting it is out of town.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:49 PM
utkpred

biggest postseason in franchise history is now the biggest offseason in franchise history.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Ties View Post
Now we can join in on the Bettman hate! We've officially arrived as a fanbase.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
05-07-2012, 11:54 PM
dknash

Well, we lost 2-1, but at least Trotz kept the goal differential down by keeping Pekka in net so long.

(I know that it's partly because we didn't win any meaningful faceoffs in the last 5-7 minutes. Even more reason to pull a little early when we have possession and are putting on the pressure instead of relying on the faceoffs? Not like the same exact thing didn't happen in Game 4.)

Old
05-07-2012, 11:56 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

This offseason is going to be very heartwrenching, just how bad is yet to be seen.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

I'm not going to say the NHL was fixing this game, but I can't help to think they more than supported the outcome. I was a bit POed that they made the big ownership announcement right before the game. As if Phoenix needed any more of a push right before an elimination game.

Makes for a great story, huh?

Old
05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Fan base will want to kill each other in 3... 2...

Closed Thread