HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some Detroit Players

Old
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Leadzedder

vCash: 500
Some Detroit Players

Since my team **** the bed and are golfing I've had more time to play with capgeek. I'm looking for a general idea what these players would bring back in assets. If your team would have interest feel free to make a proposal. Or if not, just a general value of each.

1. Valterri Filppula
28 years old - 3.0 m - 1 year remaining
81 23 43 66
Had a breakout year. After Datsyuk he was Detroit's second best forward. Very consistent this year. A mix of Zetterberg's motor and Datsyuk's creativity. Would hate to lose him but Detroit needs different types of players and Filpulla holds alot of value. Plus we have Nyquist, Jarnkrok, and Tatar coming.

2. Dan Cleary
33 years old - 2.8 mil - 1 year remaining
75 12 21 33
Horrible year. Was injured and was quoted as saying he should have taken the time for surgery early in the year. Wings fans got a glimpse of what Dan Cleary is for 5 games in the playoffs as he took cortisone for it. He's a work horse. I would assume he will be back to form next year but after watching him play gimped all year, I'd be willing to move him if we got value back.

3. Kyle Quincey
26 years old - 3.5 mil ??? - RFA ???
72 7 19 26
Quincey's a weird one to guage. Obviously HOlland just spent a late first on him. Can we awesome that's his value? He was brought in for depth for this spring and as a replacement for Stuart. We'll likely keep him but I'm thinking of other moves that might require extra cap space. If moved not sure how it would go down. Trade his RFA rights? Sign to a lower cap number for a few years and then trade. I think Holland qualifies him at 3.5 and then negotiates a deal for a lower hit but more years.

4. Ian White
27 years old - 2.875 mil - 1 year remaining
77 7 25 32
Everyone knows Ian White. He's played on every team in the last few years. Solid dman. Good cap hit.

Keep in mind that Detroit's looking to get bigger and faster. But even tradeable assets would work. I'm kind of half curious what the assets gained could be turned into.

Give me your thoughts / proposals. Thanks.

Leadzedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Gustav Nyquist

Franzen will be moved before Flip is.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:32 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
I'd give up a ton for Filppula.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
Franzen will be moved before Flip is.
Edit... I'll give a better reply.

You might be right I guess. We can add Franzen to the discussion too.

But I wouldn't want to trade him. I think Filppula is a better player and I would assume their value would be close but Detroit needs big bodies that can put pucks in the net. So.... it makes no sense to trade Franzen. Yes he floats. But he floats around potting 30 goals. Maybe if you poke him with a stick enough, you get 40 out of him.

But as for who would actually be traded first, who's better, and who has more value..... I don't really care. I'm just moreso wondering what those players above would fetch.

Last edited by Leadzedder: 05-05-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old
05-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Leadzedder

A few more thoughts......

Everytime Filppula comes up, Stafford is brought up. I think Flip's value might be a bit higher than Stafford but that's a solid basis of a trade. Especially with Detroit going after Parise and Suter.

One guy I'd love to get would be Getzlaf. Is that in the realm of possibility? Has there been mention of trade with him? Would Filppula and the assets fetched with the other 3 be in the ball park?

Old
05-06-2012, 07:54 PM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

I do not see a team taking on Franzen's contract unless we eat a large chunk of salary coming back. Also Filppula was called into Babcock's office in the playoffs and told he still needed to step it up for the post season, which leads me to believe that the fans may like him more then the front office.

I can not see Ian White being traded when were facing a possible retirement of Lidstrom and Stuart going out west. I know theres the hope for Suter but as of now that is just hope, and I am not sure that Holland will count on both Kindl and Smith to eat big minutes.

Also, Holland gave up a first for Quincey...I can't see him going anywhere.

Also, chances are the Wings would be selling low moving Cleary now.

Just my opinions.

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:48 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'd give up a ton for Filppula.
What would you give up?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
What would you give up?
Morrow/Robidas?

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:39 PM
mrinsane

I would love to see Dan Cleary on Habs 3rd line maybe Avstin/Trunev could be kind of return

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:51 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadzedder View Post
Since my team **** the bed and are golfing I've had more time to play with capgeek. I'm looking for a general idea what these players would bring back in assets. If your team would have interest feel free to make a proposal. Or if not, just a general value of each.

1. Valterri Filppula
28 years old - 3.0 m - 1 year remaining
81 23 43 66
Had a breakout year. After Datsyuk he was Detroit's second best forward. Very consistent this year. A mix of Zetterberg's motor and Datsyuk's creativity. Would hate to lose him but Detroit needs different types of players and Filpulla holds alot of value. Plus we have Nyquist, Jarnkrok, and Tatar coming.

2. Dan Cleary
33 years old - 2.8 mil - 1 year remaining
75 12 21 33
Horrible year. Was injured and was quoted as saying he should have taken the time for surgery early in the year. Wings fans got a glimpse of what Dan Cleary is for 5 games in the playoffs as he took cortisone for it. He's a work horse. I would assume he will be back to form next year but after watching him play gimped all year, I'd be willing to move him if we got value back.

3. Kyle Quincey
72 7 19 26
Quincey's a weird one to guage. Obviously HOlland just spent a late first on him. Can we awesome that's his value? He was brought in for depth for this spring and as a replacement for Stuart. We'll likely keep him but I'm thinking of other moves that might require extra cap space. If moved not sure how it would go down. Trade his RFA rights? Sign to a lower cap number for a few years and then trade. I think Holland qualifies him at 3.5 and then negotiates a deal for a lower hit but more years.

4. Ian White
27 years old - 2.875 mil - 1 year remaining
77 7 25 32
Everyone knows Ian White. He's played on every team in the last few years. Solid dman. Good cap hit.

Keep in mind that Detroit's looking to get bigger and faster. But even tradeable assets would work. I'm kind of half curious what the assets gained could be turned into.

I think we can awesome anything we want.

Quincey was traded for Steve Downie, so if Quincey is worth a late first, then Downie is worth a late first. If Downie is worth a late first, then Cleary is probably worth a late 2nd or maybe a 3rd.

But my team has no interest in trading with Detroit.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
PaulSedin
#lydia2012

Cleary is good but i think his cap hit will turn people away

PaulSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSedin View Post
Cleary is good but i think his cap hit will turn people away
Only 1 year at 2.8. If he works out you resign him to a new deal. If not, youre not stuck with the contract. Also, you'd pay that much in free agency for that type of player.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:37 AM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

Although I stated why I do not think we will see some of these guys moved, if I was to guess what there value would be, I would guess White would be worth a 4th or a 5th, Cleary a third rd. pick.

Again I think the Red Wings will want to hang on to their defensemen and I can't see a reason to sell low on Cleary unless you have his replacement already in house.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:00 PM
ComradeChris

vCash: 1004
What would it take to get Kronwall?

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:15 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Lombardi + 3rd round pick 2013 for Cleary.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
What would it take to get Kronwall?
I would put Kronwall in the untouchable category. Especially with Lidstrom potentially retiring.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:45 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
How about Hudler?

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:06 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadzedder View Post

3. Kyle Quincey
72 7 19 26

I know the Wings gave up a late 1st for Quincey,but that was at the trade deadline.Teams overpay for players at the trade deadline.

To Detroit-Anders Lee +2nd(33rd or 34th overall)
To the NYI-Quincey

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/anders_lee
Talent Analysis
At 6’3 and 213 lbs, Lee has good size. He is exceedingly strong on his skates and quite mobile, with great balance and agility. He also has some speed to go with it. Lee utilizes his large frame, strength and long reach. He is not only a difficult player to move off of the puck, but he can also power his way through the opposition’s checks too. He is very strong along the boards and in the corners. Drives to the net and protects the puck. He can also deliver some bone-jarring hits.

Future
He has the potential to be a second or third line center in a few years.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:15 AM
2probert4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wiserman View Post
How about Hudler?

Hudler gets more money somewhere else....

2probert4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

I doubt Franzen will be moved but if he is there will be TON of interest

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Iowa Wingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I know the Wings gave up a late 1st for Quincey,but that was at the trade deadline.Teams overpay for players at the trade deadline.

To the NYI-Quincey
What about something around Okposo? Detroit would have to add, I'm just not sure how much.

Iowa Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:29 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Wingsfan View Post
What about something around Okposo? Detroit would have to add, I'm just not sure how much.

Nah.
He turned 24 in April,is coming off a career high 24 goals,despite being goal less in his first 15 games.He is signed to a cheap backloaded contract,that must Snow love:

$1m this season
$2m in 2012-2013
$3m in 2013-2014
He won't make big bucks until yrs 4 and 5.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Iowa Wingsfan

Quote:
Nah.
He turned 24 in April,is coming off a career high 24 goals,despite being goal less in his first 15 games.He is signed to a cheap backloaded contract,that must Snow love:

$1m this season
$2m in 2012-2013
$3m in 2013-2014
He won't make big bucks until yrs 4 and 5.
Fair enough. I like his game and he is a RH shot which is something Detroit needs badly.

Iowa Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:45 PM
WesNichols14

vCash: 505
Quote:

To the NYI-Quincey

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/anders_lee
Talent Analysis
At 6’3 and 213 lbs, Lee has good size. He is exceedingly strong on his skates and quite mobile, with great balance and agility. He also has some speed to go with it. Lee utilizes his large frame, strength and long reach. He is not only a difficult player to move off of the puck, but he can also power his way through the opposition’s checks too. He is very strong along the boards and in the corners. Drives to the net and protects the puck. He can also deliver some bone-jarring hits.

Future
He has the potential to be a second or third line center in a few years.
I would do it. he already has chemistry with Sheahan and the 2nd round pick is only a few picks later then we would have picked

WesNichols14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:04 PM
TorontoTrades

what do the wings want for Emmerton?

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote