HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2012, 12:49 PM
  #126
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,145
vCash: 500
Flyers beat Pitt despite Bryz in many respects

Flyers look to be going down against the Diablos in spite of Bryz for the most part

Next year hopefully they piece it together and play more as a cohesive unit...


Last edited by FreshPerspective: 05-07-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: stutter
FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
  #127
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
'We'll ultimately judge Bryz in the Playoffs'

cannot say anything other than Bryz has done his job.
would we like him to 'look more confident'? yes.

but, he is not the reason they are down 3-1.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
  #128
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
'We'll ultimately judge Bryz in the Playoffs'

cannot say anything other than Bryz has done his job.
would we like him to 'look more confident'? yes.

but, he is not the reason they are down 3-1.
Bryz has a couple good games. Overall he hasn't been very great and he's most definitely been inconsistent...not just game to game, but sometimes period to period. As has been mentioned many times before, that's very Boucheresque.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
  #129
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Bryz has a couple good games. Overall he hasn't been very great and he's most definitely been inconsistent...not just game to game, but sometimes period to period. As has been mentioned many times before, that's very Boucheresque.
nope, i don't buy that for a second. Bobby Boucher WAS the reason they lost, along with ML. THEY let the team down, not the other way around.

this team is letting Bryz down. clearly.

Bry is not the reason they are down 3-1.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:29 PM
  #130
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500


I don't think you get what I'm saying, at all.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:45 PM
  #131
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500


sure LOOKS like you are comparing Bryzgalov to Boucher.


Bryz has had many 'good games', and 3 'great games' in the playoffs, even if you won't admit it.

unlike Boucher [who let the team down], this team is letting Bryz down, as hard as that is for you to admit.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:52 PM
  #132
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post


sure LOOKS like you are comparing Bryzgalov to Boucher.


Bryz has had many 'good games', and 3 'great games' in the playoffs, even if you won't admit it.

unlike Boucher [who let the team down], this team is letting Bryz down, as hard as that is for you to admit.
I don't think you remember much about Boucher's last term with the team.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:54 PM
  #133
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
nope, i don't buy that for a second. Bobby Boucher WAS the reason they lost, along with ML. THEY let the team down, not the other way around.

this team is letting Bryz down. clearly.

Bry is not the reason they are down 3-1.
No one is letting anyone down, they're all playing as best as they can, so give it a ****ing rest. You sound like a broken record, and you're just repeating the same thing over and over... and over, without anyone even making a comment on anything. We get it, you L-O-V-E Bryz, and there are people that don't love Bryz... at all. And that's fine, but you're littering the boards and making them unenjoyable, since people now have to filter through pages to actually get to new arguments and not just regurgitation of old stuff. You're not alone in this, but I can tell you there's definitely a pattern to your posts.

And yeah, I know I can just ignore the thread and/or the boards.

Ryker is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
  #134
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,112
vCash: 500
Bryz has def. lost us GM 3 and tried to lose GM 1 for us.

I won't say he is the main reason we are down 3-1 but I do feel he is a part of it.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
  #135
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I don't think you remember much about Boucher's last term with the team.
and I think you: 1st label Bryz & put him down as being 'Boucheresque', then seem to imply that Boucher played well.

well, which is it?

Bryz is not the reason they are down 3-1.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:18 PM
  #136
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
and I think you: 1st label Bryz & put him down as being 'Boucheresque', then seem to imply that Boucher played well.

well, which is it?

Bryz is not the reason they are down 3-1.


I said nothing of the sort. Do you even read my posts? Do you read them, ignore what I said, and then invent something new in your head? He's Boucheresque because he's inconsistent. One period he can be great and carry the team through, next period he can let in two weak goals. Game to game, and sometimes period to period, he is prone to inconsistency. That's bad for a goalie with his cap hit and expectations.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:20 PM
  #137
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
No one is letting anyone down, they're all playing as best as they can, so give it a ****ing rest. You sound like a broken record, and you're just repeating the same thing over and over... and over, without anyone even making a comment on anything. We get it, you L-O-V-E Bryz, and there are people that don't love Bryz... at all. And that's fine, but you're littering the boards and making them unenjoyable, since people now have to filter through pages to actually get to new arguments and not just regurgitation of old stuff. You're not alone in this, but I can tell you there's definitely a pattern to your posts.

And yeah, I know I can just ignore the thread and/or the boards.
i don't need anew argument. as long as people here regurgitate the old stuff of 'Bryz isn't worth $51 million', especially in a playoff series where he has been the best Flyer, I'm gonna state the facts: goaltending isn't why we're on the brink.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
  #138
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Do you even read my posts?
yup. i read you say he was inconsistent. [like Boucher].


and I'm saying he has had 2 good games & 2 great games this series & is not the reason they are down 3-1, as much as you hate to admit it.


Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:29 PM
  #139
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
yup. i read you say he was inconsistent. [like Boucher].


and I'm saying he has had 2 good games & 2 great games this series & is not the reason they are down 3-1, as much as you hate to admit it.

He is inconsistent. As much as you hate to admit it.

I've also never once claimed he's the reason we are down. Great job shoving words down my throat, as usual! You remain an incredibly dishonest debater. I mean, hey..why not? If you can't prove what I say wrong, pretend I said something else entirely, I guess.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  #140
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Bryz has def. lost us GM 3 and tried to lose GM 1 for us.

I won't say he is the main reason we are down 3-1 but I do feel he is a part of it.
Yeah you lost me. He wasn't the main reason for either of those games. Not even close.

sobrien is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:38 PM
  #141
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
A big problem with defining goaltending is defining what's a weak goal (on the goalie) or not. I consider one goal to have been weak, game 1 goal 3...everything else has been fine.

I don't think bryz has been all that inconsistent in his play, results (goals) have been, but the result isn't all the goalies fault all the time.

I don't think he should be getting much heat for The NJD series. He was also good the last 2 vs PIT, but..I'm sure offseason we will all hear how bad he is...


Last edited by achdumeingute: 05-07-2012 at 03:59 PM.
achdumeingute is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:38 PM
  #142
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Yeah you lost me. He wasn't the main reason for either of those games. Not even close.
That's likely why he said he isn't the main reason.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:41 PM
  #143
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
That's likely why he said he isn't the main reason.
He said he lost us game 3 and almost game 1, ala the main reason we lost game 3.

sobrien is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:42 PM
  #144
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
That's likely why he said he isn't the main reason.
Except where he says he lost us game 3 and almost game 1.

He should be at the bottom of the reason list...

achdumeingute is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:47 PM
  #145
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Except where he says he lost us game 3 and almost game 1.

He should be at the bottom of the reason list...
and it all has to do with how many goals he let in. it really has nothing to do with the play of the team in front, what led to the goals, how the goals were scored. its just he let in more then the other guy therefore we lost and he sucks. its ridiculous.

funghoul is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:50 PM
  #146
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 13,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post


I don't think you get what I'm saying, at all.
ill give you credit Beef..

all season long and into the PO's and ur still beating your head against the wall with him...



Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:58 PM
  #147
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
and it all has to do with how many goals he let in. it really has nothing to do with the play of the team in front, what led to the goals, how the goals were scored. its just he let in more then the other guy therefore we lost and he sucks. its ridiculous.
yup, gaa and sv% say so.

achdumeingute is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 04:01 PM
  #148
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
ill give you credit Beef..

all season long and into the PO's and ur still beating your head against the wall with him...


I don't know how anybody can watch him this postseason and think "Yes, this is good and acceptable. This sort of performance for the next 8 years would bring us success at some point." Or whatever it is they think.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 04:01 PM
  #149
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I've also never once claimed he's the reason we are down.
OK, then we both agree on this. Bryz is not the reason we are losing.

curious why you are criticizing him so much, if he's not the reason we are losing.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 04:04 PM
  #150
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
OK, then we both agree on this. Bryz is not the reason we are losing.

curious why you are criticizing him so much, if he's not the reason we are losing.
Because he is supposed to be our franchise goaltender who fixes the issues we had in the past. He hasn't looked anything like that, and if he continues playing as he has this postseason for the duration of his contract then this team will have no better success in the playoffs than they had before he was brought in. If anything they will have a worse time of it, because they will have less cap money to use on depth.

So, that concerns me a lot.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.