HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What to Do About Kane?

Old
04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
MagicSlap*

vCash: 500
What to do with Kane? The obvious thing. Put him on Toews' wing and give them a big physical winger with hands to sit in the crease. Remember how successful those two were with Buff? A guy like that, alone with Toews can work the boards, winger gets to the net and allows Kane and Toews to be creative and score goals. A big guy would give Kane the space he needs to work with the puck. That's what you do. Trade Sharp for a guy like this and the team improves, no doubt in my mind. Sharp is a good player and I like the guy but he is the most moveable of our valuable assets.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
madgoat33

whatever they do with kane, it would behoove them to decide and not **** with it. Don't keep changing his position.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:57 PM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
whatever they do with kane, it would behoove them to decide and not **** with it. Don't keep changing his position.
How is Quenneville supposed to give the impression that he's coaching if he can't line-juggle?

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
BobbyJet

To answer the OP question. We play Kane at the center ice position. Give him some permanent line-mates. As it stands now, Hossa and Sharp, or if they make the team next year Hayes, or Morin... but keep Kane and Hossa together with one of those three.

If by some miracle, Stan picks up a top 6 forward over the summer, perhaps that guy. This team could certainly use a sniper who could bury the passes that Kane will deliver. I'm hoping that Morin can be that sniper soon.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:51 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
What to do with Kane? The obvious thing. Put him on Toews' wing and give them a big physical winger with hands to sit in the crease. Remember how successful those two were with Buff? A guy like that, alone with Toews can work the boards, winger gets to the net and allows Kane and Toews to be creative and score goals. A big guy would give Kane the space he needs to work with the puck. That's what you do. Trade Sharp for a guy like this and the team improves, no doubt in my mind. Sharp is a good player and I like the guy but he is the most moveable of our valuable assets.
That's an option, assuming Stan can trade for a legit 2nd line centerman which I think is highly doubtful .... but the big physical winger you describe certainly sounds like Jimmy Hayes to me. Q in his usual fashion will likely have Jayes wasting his talents on the 4th line again .... trying to improve his defensive play. DOH!

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:53 PM
MagicSlap*

I'd prefer someone a bit more establish than Hayes but I wouldn't mind giving him a shot there. Thing is you have to commit to it, let him stick there for 15+ games, we all know Q would never do that though.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:06 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
That's an option, assuming Stan can trade for a legit 2nd line centerman which I think is highly doubtful .... but the big physical winger you describe certainly sounds like Jimmy Hayes to me. Q in his usual fashion will likely have Jayes wasting his talents on the 4th line again .... trying to improve his defensive play. DOH!
Hayes' physicallity really faded as his season with the Hawks went along and it was a big reason he was scratched in the first place. He was good in the playoffs.. but I wouldn't expect him to be that consistently physical over a 82 game season. He's not the answer playing with Toews/Kane, if that's the route they decide to go.. as someone else mentioned, they'll need someone more experienced in that role. Someone like Clowe or Hartnell.. not that I'm saying either is available.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:57 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Takeaways tell about 1/8th of the whole story. You can have a takeaway in the offensive zone, doesn't make you a good defensive player.
Yeah it does, actually.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:05 AM
EbonyRaptor

Although I would prefer to keep Kane at RW, I'm OK with him at 2C because the Hawks don't have a better option. Some would say Sharp is a better option at 2C, but for whatever reason that doesn't appear to be a viable option so it doesn't belong in the discussion.

I agree with some other posters who have said that if Kane is going to play center, then it's important to have stability. Keep Kane at center - do not jerk him from position to position. And, assign Hossa to be his permanent wing man and get someone for LW who can play at Kane/Hossa speed/skill and then leave them together ... for a long time - hopefully all season. Whether that is Sharp or Saad or Carcillo - whoever - lock him into the Kane/Hossa line and then throw away the key for a month or two to see if some productive chemistry develops.

I also agree with another poster who didn't think Hayes belongs in the top-6. Hayes may be a pretty good bottom-6 guy and I think we should be happy with that - if it happens.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Panzerspitze

Ben Smith had chemistry with Hossa in the previous playoffs.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Yeah it does, actually.
Stalberg has had many offensive zone takeaways, he is terrible defensively.

No, it doesn't.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
T0ny0

Have to keep Kane. He carried us in March when we were without our captain....

Never was a big fan of Kane and thought that I wouldn't really care if he was dealt away. Until I saw him live in Ottawa in early March, he dominated that game and opened my eyes to how skilled he really is...

T0ny0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he really needs more help and better coaching. This would change much

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
hawksfan50

While Kane performed better in March,you cannot forget his laclustre display of disinterest from mid-nov through the end of February--that is one long awful stretch of disappointment he gave us...such a long poor stretch cannot happen again next year -OR ELSE!

As to his poor shooting %---that was the reason he got so few PP points and the reson why our PP was so lousy--you cannot waste a precious PP featured spot on such a lousy shot %...

So he MUIST shoot better--OR ELSE!

TO be fair--he did come off wrist surgery in starting the year --BUT he had a good first 15 games till mid-nov...so it baffles why it should cause him problems for so long after that,,,I think his disinterested play was a bigger cause of the non-production...

STILL-he was drafted for his "magic hands" -and so we ask--where have they gone?

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
while kane performed better in march,you cannot forget his laclustre display of disinterest from mid-nov through the end of february--that is one long awful stretch of disappointment he gave us...such a long poor stretch cannot happen again next year -or else!

As to his poor shooting %---that was the reason he got so few pp points and the reson why our pp was so lousy--you cannot waste a precious pp featured spot on such a lousy shot %...

So he muist shoot better--or else!

To be fair--he did come off wrist surgery in starting the year --but he had a good first 15 games till mid-nov...so it baffles why it should cause him problems for so long after that,,,i think his disinterested play was a bigger cause of the non-production...

Still-he was drafted for his "magic hands" -and so we ask--where have they gone?
muist

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Panzerspitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
so he muist shoot!
t, tfty.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Its funny listening to Bowman say "Kane will be our 2C next year" and then 20 minutes later hear Q say "Kane is option...Kruger, however, is developing nicely"

According to Bowman, they communicate (yeah...ok) and its obvious coach Q doesn't give a damn what Bowman wants. If you think about it, we were at our best when Kane was at center. Then Carcillo goes down and you throw him back at RW which he hasn't played for months??

We're never getting anywhere with Q as coach and doing whatever he wants, not doing what the team needs.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I'm disappointed like others too, but saying "this team won't go anywhere with Q" is just wrong.

Kitch has to go first and after that, you will see a big improvement

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:14 AM
blackhawks1229

I think Kane has gotten a lot of undeserved criticism, he was put at C like midway through the season, with a long summer and a healthy Toews maybe he can work on faceoffs, his defensive skills have gotten a lot better than previous years. I do agree he needs to stick handle a little less and shoot more.

blackhawks1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:24 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawks1229 View Post
I think Kane has gotten a lot of undeserved criticism, he was put at C like midway through the season, with a long summer and a healthy Toews maybe he can work on faceoffs, his defensive skills have gotten a lot better than previous years. I do agree he needs to stick handle a little less and shoot more.
kane started the year at center, was moved to rw then moved back to center....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
Its funny listening to Bowman say "Kane will be our 2C next year" and then 20 minutes later hear Q say "Kane is option...Kruger, however, is developing nicely"

According to Bowman, they communicate (yeah...ok) and its obvious coach Q doesn't give a damn what Bowman wants. If you think about it, we were at our best when Kane was at center. Then Carcillo goes down and you throw him back at RW which he hasn't played for months??

We're never getting anywhere with Q as coach and doing whatever he wants, not doing what the team needs.
so our greatest fears were correct. Q has a man crush on kruger.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:55 PM
SabresBills2012

Kane to Buffalo

Kane should be traded to Buffalo, I'm thinking something like

Roy (#2 Center), Sekera (puck moving D-man), Enroth and either Adams or Nasville #1.

What do you think?

He'd like to commute to rink, it would be about 30min.

SabresBills2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:18 PM
madgoat33

that's the biggest abortion of a trade I've ever seen. Unless we are getting an actual superstar then Kane stays put. I'd move everyone but Toews before I thought about trading Kane.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Paul Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBills2012 View Post

Roy (#2 Center), Sekera (puck moving D-man), Enroth and either Adams or Nasville #1.

What do you think?

Then the Hawks have a hole at rw. Not happening. Kane would have been at a ppg if it wasn't for the terrible pp.

Paul Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

If Kane was from Detroit, would random Wings fans continuously be creating trades involving him?

Seriously. Look at the type of guy the kid is. Do you think he really prefers living in Buffalo over Chicago?

The crappiness that is Buffalo aside, you also have to consider how ridiculous the idea of trading a 23 year old away who brought a team its first Cup in 49 years. Was every bit as good in those playoffs as the Conn Smythe winner.

Thankfully Hawk fans seem to have stopped proposing trading Kane away on here (aside from HF50 but let's not ask for miracles).

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Tomahawk Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBills2012 View Post

What do you think?

with that offer i think buffalo should wait till patrick kane becomes a free agent in sign him since buffalo fans insist that what he'll do

Tomahawk Patch is offline   Reply With Quote