HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saku Koivu most overrated player in hockey?

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Last season ;

Ribeiro 20 goals
Perreault 16 goals
Juneau 5 goals

Theo , not his best season , but still in the top of the league that season .
So , we were contender ?

And about the famous '' Koivu vs Thorton battle '' , it 's something that is growing out of proportions ; SAKU didn't beat Boston by himself ; Kovalev was playing really good if not better than Saku, Theo also played well the Last games , Raycroft falled under the pressure .

The day after the Bruins were eliminated , Thorton got a surgery , and it was clear that he was suffering a lot when he was playing . I know that the medecine staff of the team said that Saku was having the same kind of injury after the elimination of the Habs , but did he got a surgery for it ? You can have the same kind of problem or desease as someone else , but that doesn't mean that you are suffering with the same intensity .

This story is a lot amplified . I guess that one day peoples are going to tell it like if Saku was having 12 major injuries and was alone on the ice againts all the bad Bruins ...
You know, you dont have to downgrade a player to pimp another one. I watched pretty much every game I could in the playoffs that year and Koivu was as good if not better then anyone. He's a guy who always brings his level up when it counts and I dont see why people bash him so much. He's not the guy who chose to be captain and other then his first few years, he's always been easy to sign. The guy likes Montreal, why the hell would people want to get rid of players that finally do? And even if I dont like Theodore, the same applies to him, why the hell did fans treat him like that.Its one thing to criticize on a message board no one reads, its a nother to incessantly call radio shows and bash him relentlessly and boo him also.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Last season ;

Ribeiro 20 goals
Perreault 16 goals
Juneau 5 goals

Theo , not his best season , but still in the top of the league that season .
So , we were contender ?

And about the famous '' Koivu vs Thorton battle '' , it 's something that is growing out of proportions ; SAKU didn't beat Boston by himself ; Kovalev was playing really good if not better than Saku, Theo also played well the Last games , Raycroft falled under the pressure .

The day after the Bruins were eliminated , Thorton got a surgery , and it was clear that he was suffering a lot when he was playing . I know that the medecine staff of the team said that Saku was having the same kind of injury after the elimination of the Habs , but did he got a surgery for it ? You can have the same kind of problem or desease as someone else , but that doesn't mean that you are suffering with the same intensity .

This story is a lot amplified . I guess that one day peoples are going to tell it like if Saku was having 12 major injuries and was alone on the ice againts all the bad Bruins ...

wow, this is really sad post congrats on sinking to a new low.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Mark0v's ad hominem rants are predictable and have an agenda that isn't hockey-related. Maybe he still resents the muscle Koivu applied to Ribeiro when his pet was goofing off at practice.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
It's low, but, probably not his lowest. They're just not worth responding to anymore.

Old
03-21-2006, 10:57 AM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8
It's low, but, probably not his lowest. They're just not worth responding to anymore.
His last one was monkey level... but his worse is probably chimpanzee level.

Old
03-21-2006, 11:44 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I'm going to close this thread before it gets out of hand. Send me a pm if you need to discuss this thread.

Closed Thread