HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 5 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2012, 10:18 PM
  #476
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I love that photo ^

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:19 PM
  #477
greasch#4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jersey City NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 889
vCash: 500
I need to go to sleep... just don't know if I can. My heart is still thumpin. That is a sucker punch loss for the Caps right there. And boy does it feel good! I hope they are still wondering what happened.

greasch#4 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:20 PM
  #478
Noonan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country:
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Who was the one who said Staal was awful tonight?

Noonan25 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
  #479
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,349
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post
Marc Staal OT PPG



Dan Girardi hit on Mike Green late in 3rd

Wasn't the hit on green in OT?

Other than that great job

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:22 PM
  #480
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Still trying to piece together what I just saw.
I think the reply he was going for is "or is this just fantasy"

ChipAyten is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:32 PM
  #481
Greg in MA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Staal's goal was the perfect example of the timed point shot goals the Devils execute so well ... puck & screen arrive at the net almost exactly the same time, which makes it harder for the goaltender. Granted, the tip is what beat Holtby, but Anisimov timed his arrival to the front of the net perfectly.

Greg in MA is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
  #482
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I see you are practicing for employment by nhl. com.
I would Laich that very much.

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:37 PM
  #483
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Holy ****. This is a game I will never forget going to. The Garden went crazy. Just crazy. What a great win in front of the home fans! Just so happy right now!

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
  #484
RangerFanInUtah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sandy, UT
Country: United States
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
I hardly ever post here. Love reading them though.

I just want to say I scared the living **** out of daughter, grandson and 2 cats.

Wife, third cat and fat dog were not bothered by me screaming at the top of my lungs when Richards scored.

Much more relaxed on the game winner.

Now if the Caps will please lie down in game 6 I will be very happy

RangerFanInUtah is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
  #485
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Still trying to piece together what I just saw.
I still have no words.

broadwayblue is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:51 PM
  #486
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I would Laich that very much.
I laich how the Rangers staaled the Caps plans.

ChipAyten is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:56 PM
  #487
Giglio NYR15
Section 417
 
Giglio NYR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
I have no words, still in awe. Mitchell has played better last 2 games and huge faceoff win, but he still does not belong on the power play. Upset with kreiders ice time, torts needs to man up and realize best offense is with cally step and kreider as the 2nd line.

Oh and more softees for hank. cmon henrik same stuff 2 games in a row here. Hope you got it out

Giglio NYR15 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:57 PM
  #488
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
I laich how the Rangers staaled the Caps plans.
I Prust this team to get the job done in game 6, otherwise they may be in a Bickel. Would be Rupp Hagelin for tickets to game 7. Hopefully they keep Steppan it up, and don't play like Girardis.

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:58 PM
  #489
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,325
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFanInUtah View Post
I hardly ever post here. Love reading them though.

I just want to say I scared the living **** out of daughter, grandson and 2 cats.

Wife, third cat and fat dog were not bothered by me screaming at the top of my lungs when Richards scored.

Much more relaxed on the game winner.

Now if the Caps will please lie down in game 6 I will be very happy
Thanks for sharing that brother, gave me a good laugh.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:58 PM
  #490
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
That's Staal folks

__________________
Jaime Lannister has better hands than Brian Boyle.
Clowes Line is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:59 PM
  #491
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
i wonder who gets benched if/when dubi comes back

Rangers2319 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:00 PM
  #492
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I Prust this team to get the job done in game 6, otherwise they may be in a Bickel. Would be Rupp Hagelin for tickets to game 7. Hopefully they keep Steppan it up, and don't play like Girardis.
You win this thread

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:00 PM
  #493
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 26,087
vCash: 3025
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I Prust this team to get the job done in game 6, otherwise they may be in a Bickel. Would be Rupp Hagelin for tickets to game 7. Hopefully they keep Steppan it up, and don't play like Girardis.
Nice.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Kane One is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:06 PM
  #494
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Still in utter shock and amazement on HOW the New York Rangers pulled off this win tonight. I admit that 9:32 pm tonight, after the Caps had taken the lead, I had said to my buddy in a text, that this series was over. It wasn't cause I didn't believe in this team anymore, but at that moment I was angry, frustrated, and disgusted at the thought of losing to the freaking Capitals for a 3rd straight post season..and so tired of this team not converting on power play opportunities, continuously passing instead of shooting and just not throwing the puck on net. I actually took off my Rangers shirt and THREW it down the stairs in my apartment and tossed the Rally towels that I had gotten at Game 1 against Ottawa behind the couch at 1 point, that's how upset I was. I do things like this from time to time, not because I am not with this team through thick and thin, but because I love this team so much. But they have broken my heart so many times, and here they were about to break it again.

And then, with 6.6 seconds left..Brad Richards shoved my words and actions right down my throat.

And then, 1:35 into Overtime, Marc Staal made me EAT them.

Heading to bed now, happily eating crow because the New York Rangers taught me a very valuable lesson tonight.

BELIEVE.

We ain't dead yet.


Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 05-07-2012 at 11:11 PM.
TonyTheGr8 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
  #495
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
You win this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Nice.
Thanks.

I'd write more, but these Yuenglings are Sauer, looks like I have to make a late night Biron.

Grats on the win, guys.

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:11 PM
  #496
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,774
vCash: 50
Jesus, Dave's on fire right now.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
  #497
NYRSkate
Registered User
 
NYRSkate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This team might not be the best team, but they have heart and balls like I've never seen in a team before.

NYRSkate is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:18 PM
  #498
evilllempire*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Still in utter shock and amazement on HOW the New York Rangers pulled off this win tonight. I admit that 9:32 pm tonight, after the Caps had taken the lead, I had said to my buddy in a text, that this series was over. It wasn't cause I didn't believe in this team anymore, but at that moment I was angry, frustrated, and disgusted at the thought of losing to the freaking Capitals for a 3rd straight post season..and so tired of this team not converting on power play opportunities, continuously passing instead of shooting and just not throwing the puck on net. I actually took off my Rangers shirt and THREW it down the stairs in my apartment and tossed the Rally towels that I had gotten at Game 1 against Ottawa behind the couch at 1 point, that's how upset I was. I do things like this from time to time, not because I am not with this team through thick and thin, but because I love this team so much. But they have broken my heart so many times, and here they were about to break it again.

And then, with 6.6 seconds left..Brad Richards shoved my words and actions right down my throat.

And then, 1:35 into Overtime, Marc Staal made me EAT them.

Heading to bed now, happily eating crow because the New York Rangers taught me a very valuable lesson tonight.

BELIEVE.

We ain't dead yet.
LOL......you described pretty much word for word what I did and felt too. Damn.....that is frightening

I took off and threw my Lucky 1994' Leetch Jersey on the Floor in disgust at the same time. Then........a Miracle happened

evilllempire* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:22 PM
  #499
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
i wonder who gets benched if/when dubi comes back
It should be Prust, but that won't happen. Dude has been playing some horrible hockey recently.

Likely Rupp. After that I can't see anyone being sat.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:28 PM
  #500
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Kreider would sit IMO over anyone

Dorado* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.