HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

2012 Wild-Less Playoff Discussion Thread (Part III)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2012, 11:39 PM
  #51
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Mike Smith almost fricken scored.

Yotes are the real deal. It's all about the goalie in the postseason, that's for sure.

651* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:41 PM
  #52
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,593
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
Mike Smith almost fricken scored.

Yotes are the real deal. It's all about the goalie in the postseason, that's for sure.
Disagree, but whatever.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:42 PM
  #53
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
If Smith keeps playing like a wall they sure are.

651* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:44 PM
  #54
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,593
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
If Smith keeps playing like a wall they sure are.
I can recall Manny and Roli playing like a wall in the 2003 postseason. Then they HIT a wall in Anaheim, and we all saw how much of a fluke that year turned out to be.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:47 PM
  #55
tomgilbertfan
gifs on gifs on gifs
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I can recall Manny and Roli playing like a wall in the 2003 postseason. Then they HIT a wall in Anaheim, and we all saw how much of a fluke that year turned out to be.
It also didn't help we faced Giguere and scored all of 1 goal in 4 games.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:48 PM
  #56
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Mike Smith will score a goal someday.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
  #57
vitogor
Registered User
 
vitogor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I can recall Manny and Roli playing like a wall in the 2003 postseason. Then they HIT a wall in Anaheim, and we all saw how much of a fluke that year turned out to be.
Actually, this Phoenix team is a lot closer in comparison to the 2003 Anaheim team, than the 2003 Wild team.

vitogor is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
  #58
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
ARadulov played 19:36...with 2 shots on goal. The Longest Entry Level Contract ever is now done.
http://twitter.com/#!/JSportsnet/sta...22792550281216

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
  #59
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,593
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
It also didn't help we faced Giguere and scored all of 1 goal in 4 games.
The Yotes haven't been an offensive powerhouse. They've been relying on the same thing the Wild did in 2003. Defense....defense....wait for a mistake....defense....repeat. They could very easily come across a netminder who will shut them down in a hurry. And until they repeat the things they've done this year, I'm not buying it.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:53 PM
  #60
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,593
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
Actually, this Phoenix team is a lot closer in comparison to the 2003 Anaheim team, than the 2003 Wild team.
Kings are closer to that 2003 Ducks team.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:53 PM
  #61
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
I wonder if the Kings are happy they got the Yotes instead of the cross-country flighted Preds and staying in their own time zone.

I go Kings in 5 in this coming series. The Kings looked almost like perfection against the Blues and Quick - Vezina Man - looks damn near perfection as well. Love watching him play goalie; tis a thing of beauty.

651* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:56 PM
  #62
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 12,660
vCash: 50
My hate for the Yotes keeps growing and I'm not sure why. Can't tell if it's because they're just as boring a team as we are or maybe it's because I can't stand the fact that a mediocre hockey town and fan base has a team that goes all the way to the Western Conference Finals.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:56 PM
  #63
Wild48
Our Savior
 
Wild48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
If I would have had 10 chances to pick the conference finals... I still don't think i would have had these 2 in there.

Wild48 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:58 PM
  #64
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,593
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
My hate for the Yotes keeps growing and I'm not sure why. Can't tell if it's because they're just as boring a team as we are or maybe it's because I can't stand the fact that a mediocre hockey town and fan base has a team that goes all the way to the Western Conference Finals.
Or because they have Torres. Or because Bettman kept them in his pocket for so long when they should have moved. The reasons are endless really.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 12:02 AM
  #65
Casper
30 goal grinder
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
My hate for the Yotes keeps growing and I'm not sure why. Can't tell if it's because they're just as boring a team as we are or maybe it's because I can't stand the fact that a mediocre hockey town and fan base has a team that goes all the way to the Western Conference Finals.
definitely the later for me. I i can't believe that Glendale would continue to subsidize them. What a waste of money.

maybe if they would have built the arena in the right place they could make it work but as it stands right now, I just don't know.

Casper is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 12:05 AM
  #66
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,593
vCash: 50
Plus it's annoying how that arena is dead empty but people come out of the woodwork for the playoffs. The Wild have sucked for how many years, yet are able to have more than 5 people in the building during the regular season. Yeah, their ownership was a question, which is why people reportedly stayed away. Guess that all goes out the window during the postseason, eh? And I'm not just talking about this season either.

I can remember someone worrying about the Wild moving one day. Not gonna happen after what the league has done to keep the Yotes in place. Bent so far backward that they could touch their tonsils.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 12:33 AM
  #67
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Congrats on advancing to the Western Final, @LAKings & @phoenixcoyotes!
http://twitter.com/#!/VanCanucks/sta...31201110581249
Quote:
@vancanucks Thanks! We'll do our best to represent North America's Pacific coast
http://twitter.com/#!/LAKings/status/199732644328644608

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 12:37 AM
  #68
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,593
vCash: 50
Can't wait for the new division alignments that will eventually take place. Vancouver won't be able to coast their way to a division title or President's Trophy when sharing room with some of the CA teams.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 12:54 AM
  #69
Victorious Secret
Need home, pls adopt
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,464
vCash: 5973
Vancouver earned the Presidents trophy. I don't care what you say, they earned it!

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 03:03 AM
  #70
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500


I think they've been updating this picture every year. But that President's Trophy is bomb, guys!

Generic User is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 03:29 AM
  #71
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500
Quick take before I crash for the night..

Even though my playoff predictions are worth jack**** at this point, there's no way in hell I see a team from the West, Yotes or Kings, winning the Cup, or even making it a tight series. I bet whoever comes out of the East either sweeps or takes it in 5.

Also, been thinking about LA winning a championship so they can be more popular in LA. Almost makes me want to cheer for them less. Hate the thought of a team needing to win a championship to gain loyalty when tons of fanbases haven't seen a championship in their lifetime.

Generic User is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 03:35 AM
  #72
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 12,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Quick take before I crash for the night..

Even though my playoff predictions are worth jack**** at this point, there's no way in hell I see a team from the West, Yotes or Kings, winning the Cup, or even making it a tight series. I bet whoever comes out of the East either sweeps or takes it in 5.

Also, been thinking about LA winning a championship so they can be more popular in LA. Almost makes me want to cheer for them less. Hate the thought of a team needing to win a championship to gain loyalty when tons of fanbases haven't seen a championship in their lifetime.
I don't know, I could see L.A. giving whatever team they face from the East a run for their money.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:54 AM
  #73
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Quick take before I crash for the night..

Even though my playoff predictions are worth jack**** at this point, there's no way in hell I see a team from the West, Yotes or Kings, winning the Cup, or even making it a tight series. I bet whoever comes out of the East either sweeps or takes it in 5.

Also, been thinking about LA winning a championship so they can be more popular in LA. Almost makes me want to cheer for them less. Hate the thought of a team needing to win a championship to gain loyalty when tons of fanbases haven't seen a championship in their lifetime.
Actually, I'm fairly certain the Kings drew sellout crowds for pretty much all their games this year.

And I actually think - unlike some other folks - that when it comes playoff time it al boils down to your goaltender. Not even to mention that pretty much their entire team is clicking right now. L.A. very well could finally hoist the Cup this year.

651* is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 07:33 AM
  #74
Avder
Moderator
Is only game.
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 27,580
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
I was under the impression that you weren't able to get the NHL network.
NHL Network has not been a factor since round one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
also, maybe already discussed... but Yotes are staying in Glendale. Interesting.
I'll believe it when the sale goes final with a new lease and everything. It sounds like the city of Gelendale is really getting shafted and I do not think for one moment we have heard the last of Goldwater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
My hate for the Yotes keeps growing and I'm not sure why. Can't tell if it's because they're just as boring a team as we are or maybe it's because I can't stand the fact that a mediocre hockey town and fan base has a team that goes all the way to the Western Conference Finals.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Or because they have Torres. Or because Bettman kept them in his pocket for so long when they should have moved. The reasons are endless really.
And this.

**** the Yotes.

Screw the Rags.

That is the whole of my thoughts on last nights action.

Avder is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 08:28 AM
  #75
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Smith is not a good goalie. He has an amazingly dedicated group of skaters in front of him who time and again bail him out for various mistakes he makes. There were at least 3 instances in the first period alone where Nashville beat him and had a goal, except at the last second a Coyote skater got a foot, skate, or leg in the way, blocking the easy goal. If you put Toronto's team in front of him, he'd have a GAA over 4.0 and a Sv% under .800. During the regular season, Curtis McElhinney put up better numbers (yes he only had two games) than Smith. Lababera put up a 0.911 on this team.



As for the Phoenix ownership situation, GWI can whine and moan all they want, but the deal as rumored doesn't contain anything they can actually sue over. Previous deal attempts included bonding sales, which is what GWI got involved over. The current deal has no such financing, (only an AMF going to Jamison group) so while they'll continue to rattle their sabres, there's nothing they can really do.

squidz* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.