HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 5 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
CK needs 20-40 reg season games to make the rookie mistakes not fair to him and high marks for even making some plays at this point of the year and his career / development

Old
05-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

What's with the locked threads here? They have a locked symbol, but they not locked. And then it goes away.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:32 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
May 4, 2007. Chris Drury scores with 7.7 seconds remaining in Game 5 of the eastern conference semi-finals against the Rangers. Sabres win it in overtime on a powerplay goal by Afinogenov. Yeah, Capitals fans.... I know exactly how you feel....

Also, there are signature moments for a team on its way to a Stanley Cup.... We may have just seen one of those moments tonight..

Old
05-07-2012, 11:34 PM
RangerFanInUtah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Thanks for sharing that brother, gave me a good laugh.
Thank you. Love your avatar. Greatest gift my wife has ever given me was Cally jersery. That alone has kept her from being kicked to the curb.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:38 PM
XLJ

Great game. I'm hoping for once they can make it a little easier on themselves and close out the series on Wednesday.

Prust is on the penalty kill so that probably saves him from being scratched. Prust again was out there with around 3 minutes left down a goal in the 3rd...that needs to end soon. Hoping Dubi is back soon.

IMO Mitchell or Rupp should sit whenever Dubi is ready. I hope its not Kreider but its possible. Torts is not playing him much the last two games.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:46 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Wasn't the hit on green in OT?

Other than that great job
Seeing that hit by Danny G on Green just warmed my heart. I recalled how many of those standup hits Girardi layed a few seasons ago. He seemed to put those to the back burner while he learned his craft as a steady shutdown defenceman. It is really nice to see that he knows how much of a boost it is to the team to lay that kind of hit.

That is a team play, hitting Green like that. Beautiful. That is hockey.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Seeing that hit by Danny G on Green just warmed my heart. I recalled how many of those standup hits Girardi layed a few seasons ago. He seemed to put those to the back burner while he learned his craft as a steady shutdown defenceman. It is really nice to see that he knows how much of a boost it is to the team to lay that kind of hit.

That is a team play, hitting Green like that. Beautiful. That is hockey.
No, it's a dirty charge that he should be suspended for.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:09 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
How so?

Old
05-08-2012, 12:10 AM
MDL8981

Quote:
I hope this is a sarcastic post. I hope.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Cmox

I see a thread on the main board with a title alluding to it being a charge. I did not enter said thread so I'm not sure of the context.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
Did you forget the ?

Old
05-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I see a thread on the main board with a title alluding to it being a charge. I did not enter said thread so I'm not sure of the context.
Everybody (even the majority of Caps fans) has come to the conclusion that it was as clean as they come. Awesome hit.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Greg02

Yeah, that was sarcastic. I'm not a big believer in the sarcasm smiley.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Dangleberry

WOW what a game, glad I went even though I thought I would jinx it. The Garden went absolutely nuts after that Richards goal. It sucks because people were heading to the exits with less than a minute left.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:16 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

The way that Hagelin uses his body along the boards to protect and shield the puck, it reminds me of Jagr...

Old
05-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Total despair. I was too angry all game to enjoy it. This is one of those games you can watch again and even though you know the result you'll keep saying 'theres no way the rangers will pull this one out'.
Pretty much how I felt sitting there. I took a bathroom break at the 10 min mark of the 3rd and then comtemplated leaving to go back to my car and wait for my sons. I decided against it and returned to my seat but I didn't(couldn't) watch the last 2 minutes sitting there quite solemnly while everybody in my section was standing up. I glanced up at the monitor over my row and saw there was 20+ seconds left with the refs calling a 4 minute high sticking penalty on the Caps. I thought to myself, nice ****in time for them to give us a 2 man advtg(with Hank pulled). I buried my head as the clock wound down then all of a sudden, everybody let out a deafening roar and I jumped into my son's arms.
I knew in my heart that we had to grab the bull by the horns by scoring another pp goal with the remaining time on the penalty or we would end losing this game!

It took only 9 seconds; it's almost a surreal feeling to see this team snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in a mere 15+ seconds.

Un****inbelieveable!

Old
05-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Everything else we can agree to disagree save for this point. The Rangers problem is they try to make crazy passes not the fact that they pass in of itself.

The Rangers FAR too often look for cross ice passes into the slot. That is the problem. The Rangers need to make SIMPLE, CRISP passes to the open man. Doesn't matter where they are in the zone. It doesn't have to be a complicated play. Far too often we create offense on TONS of broken plays. That is a serious problem.
I guess everyone got their favorites, but they also just fails to execute a play. Someone mishandling the puck. Someone making a really bad pass. And so forth.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:43 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
OH MY!!!!! Just got home about 10 minutes ago... I live in Hartford, missed the 11:22 train by 25 seconds and had to wait around. Ugh...

That was by far the most electric I've seen the Garden and I was there when we scored 3 goals in 90 seconds on Brodeur, when Zherdev tied the Pitt game a few years ago... I still can't believe we tied and won that game. I had pretty much given up, had my head hung and was feeling bad for my friend who was going to have to deal with me being miserable. Then he said, no worries... we're scoring off this face off. Low and behold, Richards made him out to be a prophet.

I am so amped, not sure how I'm going to bed. Unbelievable!!!! Just have to take this momentum and run with it in Game 6. I now fully believe that anything is possible this season. Let's Go Rangers!!!!

Old
05-08-2012, 03:03 AM
gravey9

The team deserved to win this game. They outplayed the caps almost the entire game. Had 38 shots on goal and another 25 shots blocked. They gave 18 shots, had 10 blocked shots. They had the puck almost the whole game.

The other most telling thing - 2 goals scored because of screens set up in front Holtby and another on a goal mouth scramble. When the forwards control the front of the net, they win. And the only way they control the front of the net is by wearing out the Caps D along the boards, shift after shift.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Cake or Death

Man, I was on an amazing first date and missed most of the game. I came back to my place with the girl and put on the game with a few minutes left in the 3rd. And my great mood from the date went to this morbid depression, which made the date awkward. Then Richards scored and I completely flipped out and was running all over my house screaming, and I think she thinks I'm crazy. But wow, what a huge HUGE win.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:55 AM
ilezia

I watched the first period, which looked really good, but had to go to bed after that. (working on final thesis and live in Europe so quite stressful time and need some sleep).

Sooooo stoked to see that we won but wow would I have liked to see that ending! Seems like we just didn't have the right bounce to end this earlier and ended up trailing? Anyways, this made my day so much better.

+ I bet all my vCash on this haha

Old
05-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
Did anyone notice that the Richards goal was scored on a delayed penalty? That means we should have had the double minor still in tact going into OT

Old
05-08-2012, 05:32 AM
mullichicken25

Someone help me out here....I'm pretty sure that on the faceoff before wards penalty a caps player covered the puck with his hand

It looked the rangers were pissed and I was furious but I don't think the nbc guys mentioned it.

Anyone with the game still recorded want to take a look?

Old
05-08-2012, 05:43 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Rangers make the back page of all the local tabloids, it sure feels like 94 all over again.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
Someone help me out here....I'm pretty sure that on the faceoff before wards penalty a caps player covered the puck with his hand

It looked the rangers were pissed and I was furious but I don't think the nbc guys mentioned it.

Anyone with the game still recorded want to take a look?
I think that was Alzner trying to hatch the puck. Richards was pissed about the non-call. I guess karma finally swung our way.

Closed Thread