HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov to CSKA Moscow, KHL. 4-Year Deal.

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Juneemoon

vCash: 500
Please note this was Radulov's Russian agent. Need to keep those prices high...

Old
04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
kp61c

vCash: 50
they changed the news. now the gist is he wants and will play for russian national team if preds gets knocked out of playoffs
anyway here is the news with original text on other site
http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...-v-rossii.html

Old
04-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
they changed the news. now the gist is he wants and will play for russian national team if preds gets knocked out of playoffs
anyway here is the news with original text on other site
http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...-v-rossii.html
Nothing new here. His Russian agent says that Ufa still has his rights and he thinks that Rads will play next season in Russia. His Russian agent also says that he talks to Alex regularly and that Rads is doing well. Radulov likes the smaller ice and his skills would allow him to be one of the best players in NHL. He would like to play for team Russia in WC. If Nashville were to be eliminated from the playoffs then he would make an effort to join the national team for the tournament. Really, nothing new, nothing solid from his Russian agent. I could have said most of those things and pretended to have access to what Radulov thinks/wants

Old
04-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I would never ever take anything his Russian agent says literally.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:09 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Russian agent: but you owe it to MEEEEEE.... and I want my 10%

KHL: Oh well, MAYBE you won't be on team Russia. Even though it would be PR suicide to keep the best known Russian hockey player off the team when we are hosting the Olympics.

NA agent: You don't owe them ****. And I want my 10%

Preds: You don't owe them **** and you have a chance to be the most decorated hockey player in the world. And you are still an RFA after this

Old
04-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Russian agent: but you owe it to MEEEEEE.... and I want my 10%

KHL: Oh well, MAYBE you won't be on team Russia. Even though it would be PR suicide to keep the best known Russian hockey player off the team when we are hosting the Olympics.

NA agent: You don't owe them ****. And I want my 10%

Preds: You don't owe them **** and you have a chance to be the most decorated hockey player in the world. And you are still an RFA after this
'zactly

Old
04-13-2012, 03:20 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Isn't Radulov UFA after next season? Maybe he just played his ELC, goes back to Russia for one year and then comes back as UFA.

Last edited by SnS: 04-14-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old
04-13-2012, 03:33 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Isn't Radulov UFA after next season? Maybe he just played his ELC, goes back to Russia for one year and then comes back as UFA.
One post up, my friend.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
He isn't eligible for UFA status until July 2014 under the current CBA. He lacks the accrued seasons and won't be old enough until then.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:50 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Alternative Rads Scenario

This comment will be moot if Rads nets 2 tonight but what happens if Rads lays an egg in the playoffs? He was not close to the best player on the ice in Game 1. What if that continued. Would he:

A - Go back to Mother Russia where it's easier to dominate

B- Stay here, sign a Pred contract for reasonable money and prove himself?

C- Demand Crosby bucks even though he played like Sully and when he doesn't get them, play a year in Mother Russia.

Reality can be a frustrating *itch. What if he just isn't the player here he'd like to be. Could he handle it and play thru it?

Because of his fast start, we all jumped to elite status for him. He has not been elite in the last 4 games. We'd still want to sign a less-than-elite-Rads but would his ego and his rep in Mother Russia allow him to do that.

Hopefully, this scenario will not apply and he'll lite it up soon.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:27 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Guys, this is an English-speaking site. If someone is posting in a foreign language please report it, but do not respond to it. The post is absolutely going to be deleted once a mod sees it.

Thanks
It looks to me like discretion...
I thought it is free country and we all have freedom of speech and language?

Old
04-13-2012, 08:28 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
It looks to me like discretion...
I thought it is free country and we all have freedom of speech and language?

However, this isn't a publicly owned site. The owners and operators have the right to dictate the language used on this site.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:00 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

While vandyfan is correct, this is the sort of thing that needs to be taken up in a PM to a moderator instead of discussed on the forum.

I know, I know. I'm discussing it, but we get a few special privileges like that

The Bill of Rights does not apply here. There is no such thing as freedom of speech, or due process, or anything else. It's a privately owned site with its own rules that must be followed. If we all had freedom of speech then we would all be able to troll and flame and everything else. That wouldn't work. The fact is there are only a few mods on this site compared to the number of users, and we cannot possibly cover the broad amount of native languages posters may speak, so they are expected to post in English if they wish to participate. It may be unfair, but it's the only way to do it.

Any issues in the future should be handled privately

Old
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
The Zookeep

Radulov to stay in NHL for the long haul....according to Darius Kasparitus!

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20120420/172933971.html

Old
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Last paragraph is inaccurate. He's not a UFA this Summer, he's an RFA. Since he has the option to play in Russia next year if he doesn't like the contract the Preds offer, he has more leverage than your average RFA, but he can't play for the highest bidder next year in his restricted status. A team can put an offer sheet on him (not likely in that GM's rarely do it anymore), and then the Preds get last look.

If he wants to play in the NHL next year, which I believe he does, he'll have to decide whether to sign a one year deal and test UFA-land in 2014, or sign a longer term deal for more money now.

The CBA is also up for changes after this year, so his UFA status in 2014 may also be in jeopardy.

Another aspect of this decision is, what if the Preds win the Cup? Would that accomplishment make it more or less likely he stays?

Right now, lets just enjoy him and the team. Our depth will allow for certain losses that are sustainable. My company my money, I'd sign Rads for whatever it takes and lock him up long term.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Snipeshow

I know there are going to be emotional responses.

Will be sign in Nashville? Will Poile trade his rights? Will he go back to Russia?

I thought he was great in the regular season and in the Detroit series. Not so much in the series against the Coyotes, but there wasn't much to be happy about in that series. Obviously, the Rads/Kostitsyn fiasco occurred. Would that stop Poile from signing Radulov? He has superstar skill level that is the 1st line, dynamic offensive player the Preds need.

Kostitsyn is as good as gone IMO as a UFA, but I think Radulov will be signed to a 3-4 year deal.

Thoughts?

Old
05-08-2012, 01:15 AM
dulzhok

If he's willing to sign a long-term deal, YES you do it provided there is no NTC. Have to protect to the dwindling assets we have.

If a teams wants to give us a good player in return (READ: bonafide scoringline player), I guess it's up to mgmt to decide if Radulov has a future in Nashville.

If Radulov threatens KHL crap, well that just compounds the problem further.

Both Kosisytens' should be gone IMO. They aren't sustainable scoringline wingers on a good team. Maybe SK has some value.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Neal Before Zod

He showed flashes, but he didn't look like he's an all-world player in the sample size we had.

His incident in the Phoenix series and his play in game 2 pissed me off...but he looked good through most of the time he was here. I'm willing to forgive that if he's willing to commit to a contract.

That said, some of those "concerns" don't make me want to dump a ton of money into a long term contract that could become an albatross to our franchise. If he's willing to sign a modest deal (~$10 million/2 years or $15 for 3), I would be fine with that. I know that would take him to UFA status afterwards, and we could lose him after that for nothing...but I really don't want to dump $50 million into a player that I still think has some character issues. He's a pretty puck handler, and has a 26 goal 58 point season under his belt in the past...but I'm not sold that he's an 80+ point guy without the right kind of help on his line. If we sink a huge amount of money into him, we're going to struggle to afford a top line playmaking center -- something this team really needs.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Neal Before Zod

I'll also add that if he threatens to go to the KHL. Cya kthxbi.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:41 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
If he's willing to sign a long-term deal, YES you do it provided there is no NTC. Have to protect to the dwindling assets we have.

If a teams wants to give us a good player in return (READ: bonafide scoringline player), I guess it's up to mgmt to decide if Radulov has a future in Nashville.

If Radulov threatens KHL crap, well that just compounds the problem further.

Both Kosisytens' should be gone IMO. They aren't sustainable scoringline wingers on a good team. Maybe SK has some value.
He's an RFA so he can't have a NTC/NMC. He failed to earn a huge contract. Big numbers in the KHL don't equal big numbers in the NHL. See Brandon Bochenski.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:43 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Rads has awfully good hands - he's an elite passer when his head is in the game. He's a good scorer - but from what we saw in roughly 20 games not an elite one - he's certainly not gonna' create his own against a team that plays decent D. 3-5 years would be good, not crazy money though, and no NTC.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:49 AM
PredsHockey

If he stays or go, I'm really not caring too much as this point. Yes, he has talent, but I think a little oversold. As others have mentioned, love his stick handling and he can put it where he wants to in the passing game, but his scoring is why we brought him in, and he just simply didn't light the lamp as much as I wanted to see. I don't know if its the system we have in place or not, but I do think Rads is a little oversold. I'd sign him, but if we throw out huge numbers to him, that will set us back longer than I would care to see.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:57 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
If he stays or go, I'm really not caring too much as this point. Yes, he has talent, but I think a little oversold. As others have mentioned, love his stick handling and he can put it where he wants to in the passing game, but his scoring is why we brought him in, and he just simply didn't light the lamp as much as I wanted to see. I don't know if its the system we have in place or not, but I do think Rads is a little oversold. I'd sign him, but if we throw out huge numbers to him, that will set us back longer than I would care to see.
I agree. Wasn't too impressed w/ him in scoring goals but he is a good passer and good at cycling or keeping the puck in our end if he isn't double/triple teamed or ends up falling. So I would keep him if he showed more effort on both ends of the ice but definitely think we shouldn't put up great numbers for him. He would have to prove himself w/ at least a full season w/ us to get him incorporated w/ the Preds system and hopefully show he can put up numbers. However, the way RADS/AK were benched/disciplined in this series, I'll be very surprised if he would want to come back unless he just can't get any good offers anywhere else. Otherwise, I think he will just go back to Russia.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:58 AM
predfan24

It's amazing how much his game has changed from his first go around with the Preds till now. Yes he's bigger more polished now but pre-defection Rads was a damn goal scorer. The guy could put the puck in the back of the net. For some reason in the KHL he changed his game into a playmaker. Yes he is good that at but this team needs a pure goal scorer. We all know Rads is capable we have seen it with our own two eyes. He needs more balance in his game. If he brought that I would be fine with re-signing him. If we are getting the player we saw this season I wouldn't re-sign him unless it was for a bargain.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:01 AM
deansredhalo

I think Rads coming in late and not having much practice time with our system and this group of guys really handcuffed what he was able to do. There were moments and flashes of brilliance, but for the most part it felt like he was a square peg trying to be forced into a round hole.

Maybe with an entire offseason and camp to get up to speed, but I dunno.

Closed Thread