HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

2012 Spring Anime Season

Old
05-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

vCash: 500
2012 Spring Anime Season

Not surprised there isn't a thread about it on here (doesn't seem there's many anime fans here), but with just about every series started and part way through them I figured I might as well see what, if anything, others are watching/enjoying this season.

Here's a link to the massive summary of the anime series airing this season if you want a more full guide: http://i.minus.com/i70RqqpyS5WHh.jpg

So here's what I'm watching:

Accel World

Quick Summary: In the future, the internet has advanced so far as to be all encompassing. Being born with a neuro-linker allows you to be connected to the net 24/7 as an overlay appears before your very eyes whenever you wish. There are some who wish to use it to push the boundaries of humanity to their limits: Enter the Accelerated World. Being able to slow down time to 1000x, those fortunate enough to be members of the Brain Burst program can manipulate their world to achieve in anything they set their sights on. The cost however, is high, as you must fight, and win to keep the rights to use it.

Tags: Story & Character Driven, Minimal Fan-service, Avatars, Fighting, Has a Pig.

OP: ED:

Haiyore! Nyaruko-San

Quick Summary: Take the mythology of the Cthulu stories, turn them into anthropomorphous anime girl aliens, and this is what you get. Totally random ****.

Tags: WTF?, High Fan-Service, Aliens

Hyouka, You Can't Escape:

Quick Summary: Features one of the laziest, every day man type of characters. Mixed in a girl who refuses to let a mystery remain unsolved and watch in amusement as she pushes him to exasperation, forcing him to move out of his shell.

OP:

Tags: Story & Character Driven, High School Setting, Mystery, Minimal Fanservice.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead!

Quick Summary: A continuation of the first series, featuring the always amazing, Zombie Cross-dressing Magical-girl Ayumu. Not much story to speak of to begin with in this one. Just a whole bunch of random scenarios that continue to push the random factor higher.

OP:

Tags: Harem, Extreme Fan Service, Zombies, Vampire-Ninjas, Monsters.

Sankarea

Quick Summary: When his pet cat Babu gets run over by a car, a boy obsessed with Zombies tries to resurrect him. During his efforts he meets Sanka Rea, a wealthy girl with a father who brings possessiveness and creepiness to a whole new level. An unfortunate accident changes all of their lives.

OP: ED:

Tags: Gorgeous Art, Story Driven, Zombies, Cute Cat, Senile Old People, Awful Parents.

Shining Hearts

Quick Summary: It's time to get your daily dose of bread. Set in a medieval island setting, the main character serves as a baker after mysteriously washing up on shore. His calm and friendly exterior hides a strange past. When another person washes up on shore, his quiet life won't stay quiet for long.

Tags: Wholesome as Fresh Bread, Daily Dose, Story Driven, No Fanservice (So Far)

Well, that was longer then I thought it would be. So what are you watching? If anything?

Dugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:36 AM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Honestly, this season is just bleh. I've been reading Accel World, but the chapters come out too infrequent. Been watching Aquarion EVOL since I watched the original, it's not bad, but not great. Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka - Of the Dead I find to be very enjoyable. I really did enjoy the Sankarea manga, but haven't watched the show yet.

I have been getting Sankarea, Shining Hearts, Haiyore, Queen's Blade Rebellion, Eureka Seven AO, Fate/Zero Season 2, and Holy Knight outside of the ones I'm watching.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote