HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dont stress and panic. Team is close

Old
05-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Master Shake

vCash: 500
Dont stress and panic. Team is close

You guys have a real nice team you have just had some crappy luck in the playoffs the past few years. Re-sign Suter, Gill and Gaustad. Go after a guy like Parise. If you guys improve the team this summer I think you are the favorites out of the West imo

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:32 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
You guys have a real nice team you have just had some crappy luck in the playoffs the past few years. Re-sign Suter, Gill and Gaustad. Go after a guy like Parise. If you guys improve the team this summer I think you are the favorites out of the West imo
If we resign Suter, I honestly don't think we'll have much left to even consider something as big as Parise's contract. Remember, we have to pay Weber his due, too.

Rinne is set @ $7 million
let's say Weber gets $8 million
resign Suter for a conservative $6 million
Parise will probably draw in the $7 million+ range.

That's ~$28 million in 3 players. About $24 million is tied up in players already signed through 2012...and you have $52 million divided up among 9 forwards, 5 defensemen, and a goalie. Even spending to the cap, that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room to pay quality NHLers to fill the gaps. I mean, it would be a great top-heavy team...but the depth would likely be atrocious.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:35 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The room exists. The question becomes "how long can we remain under the cap by playing quality players on ELC contracts?"

This year we're no where near the Chicago cap Hell we saw after they won (at least they won). Give it a year or two and who knows?

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Master Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The room exists. The question becomes "how long can we remain under the cap by playing quality players on ELC contracts?"

This year we're no where near the Chicago cap Hell we saw after they won (at least they won). Give it a year or two and who knows?
Cap will go up. Cap is tied to revenues and the revenues are taking off. The NHL is doing VERY well. As long as Fehr doesnt ****** everything up that is. That guy is a parasite. Ruined baseball.

anyways, playoffs is where teams really make money and you guys are golden there for money

cap link btw
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=NAS

Old
05-08-2012, 01:40 AM
PredsHockey

Love the kind words, but where nowhere close to anything. Were about to go through a very rough summer where people are going to be going every which way, and we are going to be left with a bunch of questions and young guys who can step up, but without a solid vet core who can produce, were going to keep spinning in circles.

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Master Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
Love the kind words, but where nowhere close to anything. Were about to go through a very rough summer where people are going to be going every which way, and we are going to be left with a bunch of questions and young guys who can step up, but without a solid vet core who can produce, were going to keep spinning in circles.
You dont credit Poile enough. Trust me, he is a fabulous extremely underrated GM. I would not worry if I was you.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:59 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

That's the big issue. If the other non-massive contracts are long term, that's one thing...but a lot of them will be ending next year or the year after. Then you know you'll be either be giving a big bump to some of them, or trading them away.

I don't opposing having a few big contracts...having 4 all around the $7 million mark is pushing it...because it limits a lot of the necessary role players that are going to be making $2-4 million. We can't be getting by on ELCs or AVCs (aging veteran contracts) and be a healthy team. When one of those big guns goes down with an injury, you need quality depth to replace them with. You don't want one player killing your whole season because it forces an AHLer into the lineup.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:03 AM
PredsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
You dont credit Poile enough. Trust me, he is a fabulous extremely underrated GM. I would not worry if I was you.
I feel ya man trust me. I think Poile is the teams best asset. He brings in talent and Trotz molds them where he wants. I respect that a lot. With that said, we brought in the best team we have ever produced and probably will for a little bit, and we lost in 5 in the 2nd round. I don't know what I think needs to change, but something better happen soon, or situations like this will keep happening. I trust Polie and will continue to, but as a franchise, we need to move forward and this year was a definite step sideways if not backwards.

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
I feel ya man trust me. I think Poile is the teams best asset. He brings in talent and Trotz molds them where he wants. I respect that a lot. With that said, we brought in the best team we have ever produced and probably will for a little bit, and we lost in 5 in the 2nd round. I don't know what I think needs to change, but something better happen soon, or situations like this will keep happening. I trust Polie and will continue to, but as a franchise, we need to move forward and this year was a definite step sideways if not backwards.
The whole problem is bolded above.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:36 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I'm staying opimistic. Maybe we get AK and Gill to sign short term deals here. Let Suter walk and sign a Matt Carle or someone. I should've said trade Suter's rights at the draft and get something for him. Next year's team shouldn't be too terribly different from this years. Our future is bright.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:13 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by One and Done View Post
The whole problem is bolded above.
gonna change your name to "two and done"?

Or maybe "second round ceiling"?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
As pissed as I am at the loss, we are the team to beat in the central next year.

We pounded the Wings and likely set them back if Lidstrom leaves, Chicago has no goalie and no depth and St Louis hit the Hitchcock wall and about this time next year may be wanting him to be fired.

Retool and make the playoffs again and lets see what happens.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Are you guys serious? There are going to be huge changes to our roster. Suter is pretty much for sure gone at this point. Weber could potentially be offer sheated. If Blum and Wilson had a choice, they probably wouldn't want to stick around either. I wouldn't be surprised if AK goes back to Montreal and if SK doesn't want to remain in Nashville if his brother leaves. Gaustad and Gill are either going to retire or go back to their organizations.

With Rads suspension, it will be interesting to see if he wants to stay here. Before I would've said yes... now not so much

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:47 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post

Are you guys serious? There are going to be huge changes to our roster. Suter is pretty much for sure gone at this point. Weber could potentially be offer sheated. If Blum and Wilson had a choice, they probably wouldn't want to stick around either. I wouldn't be surprised if AK goes back to Montreal and if SK doesn't want to remain in Nashville if his brother leaves. Gaustad and Gill are either going to retire or go back to their organizations.

With Rads suspension, it will be interesting to see if he wants to stay here. Before I would've said yes... now not so much
When Gill left he had said he wanted to return to Montreal from what I remember his family stayed back in MTL and his house is still there. Apparently Frankie was interviewed and said he too would like to return to MTL not that HABS fans really want either of them on our roster.

As for Rads I would honestly say you will be better off without him and his me before WE mentality.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...ffre-du-ch.php

Last edited by 29dryden29: 05-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.
29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Panic level is about a 2. My biggest concern is Trotz. I'll do the analysis of the team later.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
When Gill left he had said he wanted to return to Montreal from what I remember his family stayed back in MTL and his house is still there. Apparently Frankie was interviewed and said he too would like to return to MTL not that HABS fans really want either of them on our roster.

As for Rads I would honestly say you will be better off without him and his me before WE mentality.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...ffre-du-ch.php
Well Bouillon's time as a Pred and maybe NHLer is about done. I'm fine with him being done as a Pred. Gill, I would like to have for a full season but no more than a 1 year deal. That would likely keep him from signing here. I'm still pretty optimistic on AK staying. He obviously helped the team.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:36 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Thanks Master Shake. And funny enough I always imagine your posts in Master Shake's voice.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:39 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well Bouillon's time as a Pred and maybe NHLer is about done. I'm fine with him being done as a Pred. Gill, I would like to have for a full season but no more than a 1 year deal. That would likely keep him from signing here. I'm still pretty optimistic on AK staying. He obviously helped the team.
Hopefully you guys can sign Gill we sure do not see a place for him in MTL the last 2 seasons were nothing but get rid of Gill he is terrible etc. As for Frankie he is on his last legs and I guess the only thing he would bring is maybe locker room presence and filler in case of injury.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote