HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part VIII

View Poll Results: Your choice for next HC
Marc Crawford 23 16.67%
Bob Hartley 47 34.06%
Michel Therrien 11 7.97%
Patrick Roy 49 35.51%
Guy Carbonneau 8 5.80%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 06:47 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
no way for therrien and carbo im hoping for roy or hartley we need a fresh face and approach

Old
05-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurel joliat View Post
joel quenneville would be great ! He is by far my first choice
+1000

Old
05-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Top Corner2

Well if the coach gives interviews like Torterella.....they won't have to know much French....

"PUTANE....c'est tous pour aujourd'hui!!!"

Old
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

I'll be very disappointed if Crawford becomes our next coach. Quenneville is the guy I want.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I'll be very disappointed if Crawford becomes our next coach. Quenneville is the guy I want.
I think that Quenville will be the guy, MB mentioned Dudley, he'll be here soon, he also mention JQ as the coach he respected. These were in the English interviews last week. Obviously he will surround himself with people he knows & respects.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Indeed, but look around. The NHL is heading back in that direction whether we like it or not. Better to be ahead of the curve than behind it.
We were, with Martin, but God knows how people supported that. If Quenneville is the type of coach Bergevin will go after, then I doubt Lemaire will generate any interest.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:43 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
He didn't quit because the pressure was too big. How old are you? The pressure was intense during the playoffs, in 1993. THAT was pressure. He quit because he couldn't stand this clown organisation. And he was right.
100% Correct. Patrick Roy did not quit because of pressure. He was publicly humiliated by the idiot Tremblay and Ronald Corey would not support Roy. The lot of idiots only to be followed by a continuous lot of idiots until Geoff Molson bought this team and started cleaning house.

I remember that game like it was last year. It was a pathetic way to treat any player, much less Patrick Roy.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
100% Correct. Patrick Roy did not quit because of pressure. He was publicly humiliated by the idiot Tremblay and Ronald Corey would not support Roy. The lot of idiots only to be followed by a continuous lot of idiots until Geoff Molson bought this team and started cleaning house.

I remember that game like it was last year. It was a pathetic way to treat any player, much less Patrick Roy.
He also chased Brashear away, and like Roy, after their disagreement, he was traded 4days later.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He also chased Brashear away, and like Roy, after their disagreement, he was traded 4days later.
Ground zero of the downward spiral that we have been in.

I am thankful that we are getting some different perspectives for sure.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:30 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Guess we can scratch AV from the list with Gillis getting an extension.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Guess we can scratch AV from the list with Gillis getting an extension.
I'm surely extremely slow today....but can somebody explain why Gillis getting an extension AUTOMATICALLY means Vigneault getting one as well? I mean, surely it could mean, we're satisfied with the management, we love you so we love him....but could ti also mean, we love YOU....and know that you'll do what's best for the team...so fire AV....no? I guess not.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:47 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm surely extremely slow today....but can somebody explain why Gillis getting an extension AUTOMATICALLY means Vigneault getting one as well? I mean, surely it could mean, we're satisfied with the management, we love you so we love him....but could ti also mean, we love YOU....and know that you'll do what's best for the team...so fire AV....no? I guess not.
I just think their regular season record outweighs their quick exit in the first round, especially after the way the Kings destroyed the Blues. Vigneault is Gillis's man and I'd be very surprised to see him get canned.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
I just think their regular season record outweighs their quick exit in the first round, especially after the way the Kings destroyed the Blues. Vigneault is Gillis's man and I'd be very surprised to see him get canned.
I'm not saying that I don't understand AV not being fired. I would keep him as well. Just that people directly associate Gills extension to Vigneault staying. I guess that's what will happen 'cause if you give an extension to the GM, you are satisfied with his work. And his work does include Vigneault. Yet.....what if Gillis intended to make a change? Was his extension at the condition of keeping AV? Again...getting late....not thinking straight....

Old
05-07-2012, 10:55 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm not saying that I don't understand AV not being fired. I would keep him as well. Just that people directly associate Gills extension to Vigneault staying. I guess that's what will happen 'cause if you give an extension to the GM, you are satisfied with his work. And his work does include Vigneault. Yet.....what if Gillis intended to make a change? Was his extension at the condition of keeping AV? Again...getting late....not thinking straight....
Yeah, time for bed soon, looks like Preds are done anyways.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Well, Gillis wouldn't speak so glowingly of AV today if the owner didnt give him the green light to bring him back. The only way AV leaves now is if he wants to leave himself. I think we can scratch his name off.

I still consider Q my #1 guy, if he's available. I like his style and intensity. He brings instant credibility, and the players should respond. He might not be your guy if you are not a fan of line juggling though. He's one of the guys who does it more often, but that's not a huge issue for me.

I know what I dont want at this point and that is hartley nor MT.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Amen! I was at that game and will never forget it.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
and Turgeon. The Houle/Tremblay era was by far worse than the Gainey/Gauthier era.

Anyone else loving the Dudley drama and him possibly joining the team before the draft thus totally screwing Burke and the Laffs? I know I am. I'm also on the Quenneville bandwagon but will Bergevin have the guts to hire an English coach?

Last edited by Saintpatrick: 05-08-2012 at 04:32 AM. Reason: addition to post
Old
05-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Stan Bowman anticipates Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville sticking with the club next season.
After Quenneville's friend and former Hawks assistant GM Marc Bergevin was named Canadiens general manager, there have been some rumors that he would make a play to bring Quenneville to Montreal. Quenneville has two more years left on his contract and the Chicago GM says he expects him to coach in Chicago next season. "Yeah [we are committed to Quenneville], I think we made that clear at the end of the year, that we're trying to look forward and get better as a group," Bowman told the Tribune. "But I don't talk about rumors. I haven't and I don't want to start now."

Old
05-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Now that VAN GM Mike Gillis has his contract extension, Gillis and Alain Vigneault will begin working on an extension for the head coach.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:57 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
and Turgeon. The Houle/Tremblay era was by far worse than the Gainey/Gauthier era.
Look, I'm not gonna justify Houle/Tremblay. It was a bad time for the Habs organization some of it was because of those two, some of it wasn't.

But the only reason you can make that statement is because Gainey/Gauthier had Timmins in the organization and he plugged up alot holes those two morons created.

If the Habs had an average Head amateur scout the Gainey/Gauthier era would look just as bad as the Houle/Tremblay era - probably even worse. Gainey/Gauthier gutted this team.

And just in case you're thinking of countering with well they brought Timmins in. They didn't. It was Andre Savard.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Look, I'm not gonna justify Houle/Tremblay. It was a bad time for the Habs organization some of it was because of those two, some of it wasn't.

But the only reason you can make that statement is because Gainey/Gauthier had Timmins in the organization and he plugged up alot holes those two morons created.

If the Habs had an average Head amateur scout the Gainey/Gauthier era would look just as bad as the Houle/Tremblay era - probably even worse. Gainey/Gauthier gutted this team.

And just in case you're thinking of countering with well they brought Timmins in. They didn't. It was Andre Savard.
Come on now....you're being ridiculous. Houle started his era with a decent Habs team and just mutilated it until we had nothing. Almost all his trades made us older. Gainey brought a 1st place finish in the Eastern Conference, a semi-final appearance and stability to the organization after Houle tore the team apart. There is no comparison. Up until this year, the Gainey/Gauthier era was mediocre at worst. The Houle era was a disaster similar to what's been going on in Toronto since the lockout. There was no hope whatsoever.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:19 AM
ClasslessGuy

What is Joel Q's coaching style? Hard forecheck?

Old
05-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

The only real core player they let walk was McDonough and he was just a prospect at the time. I'm sure those two made their share of mistakes but they hardly "gutted" the team. The Habs are in 5x better shape than a lot of teams despitea crappy year, for example Calgary.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Now that VAN GM Mike Gillis has his contract extension, Gillis and Alain Vigneault will begin working on an extension for the head coach.
Perfect, stay in Vancouver

Old
05-08-2012, 07:47 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Perfect, stay in Vancouver
So who's left?

Roy and ?

Closed Thread