HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky

View Poll Results: Should the team move Dubi?
No, the NYR shouldn't deal him. 62 47.69%
Yes, the NYR should deal him. 68 52.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

vCash: 500
Dubinsky

Under the radar is an understatement, is he even still employed by the team? He's had two seasons of mediocrity when much was expected. Do we and should deal him next season, two separate questions.

Discuss.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

I think your "seasons of mediocrity" counter is broken.

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
Under the radar is an understatement, is he even still employed by the team? He's had two seasons of mediocrity when much was expected. Do we and should deal him next season, two separate questions.

Discuss.
Hes injured. Was also the leading scorer last season. Sucked this season.

Would be fine with him if he was making $2M per, but not $4M.

I see the Rangers unloading him to a team and taking on a bad contract that can be buried in the minors. Extra cap space to be used on a dynamic left wing, hopefully.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:09 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

There are going to be two schools of thought. Any player is available if the right deal comes along. There will be a difference of opinion on what the default position should be though.

Some people will say that Dubi should be shopped aggressively and we should take any kind of deal that dumps his salary. Others will say that we should only move him in a great deal for a good young scorer.

His value is pretty low right now. I can't see him fetching much of a return on his own, and I wouldn't want him to be moved in a salary dump unless we had another trade locked in for an upgrade. Unless there's a fantastic trade on the table, I'd be inclined towards keeping Dubi.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:09 AM
jacko23
KCCO!

im trying not to look at him like a homegrown kid and be unbiased.

he can be wildly inconsistent, and seems to be underperforming when we need him. we have been waiting for his breakout year for how long now? maybe it will happen, but those that thought this year would be his coming out party were very let down. i think last year was just an overachievement.

i voted yes.

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:10 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

is he still employed by the team? umm yes
and NO.

i would love to know all the noobs who had threads ready to post last night about how this team should be blown up, or trade Gabs, is Richards a bust, Hank is over the hill... but had to hit delete after Richards scored?

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Vitto79

I would go with NO to dealing him. His value is low, he had an off yr but he still a good player. he could easily bounce back

I give him one more yr to show he can pick it up offensively. I doubt they would get much for him now so just lets get him back in the lineup.

Still feel if he can come back ideally for a Eastern Conference final he can get some big goals for this team

Parise is the only good UFA to go after and he likely wont leave NJ to go to NY.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by allerotrot View Post
I think your "seasons of mediocrity" counter is broken.
True, 201011 was a solid season. That just raised the bar by so much though which I think has worked against him.

Old
mullichicken25

its not that simple

Should the rangers actively shop Dubi around the league? no

Should the rangers refuse a solid trade offer because it involves Dubi? no

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:14 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
is he still employed by the team? umm yes
and NO.
Rhetorical question.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I would go with NO to dealing him. His value is low, he had an off yr but he still a good player. he could easily bounce back

I give him one more yr to show he can pick it up offensively. I doubt they would get much for him now so just lets get him back in the lineup.

Still feel if he can come back ideally for a Eastern Conference final he can get some big goals for this team

Parise is the only good UFA to go after and he likely wont leave NJ to go to NY.
His value, as it stands right now, is more about cap space relief than anything

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:21 AM
DontStaal

am I the only one who feels his intensity and pesty play/forecheck is missing from this series?

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:22 AM
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

this is close, dubi has no value compared to before season, if he returns before end of the year and does something to help maybe the return for him will rise.
i couldnt even make a choice on poll, i still want dubi to succeed like i felt he would.

23isforDeBlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:24 AM
sfox7076

I have had enough of the what have you done for me lately set. With this group, Gaborik would be gone at this point and Hank would have been traded after his awful second half a few years back.

First off, which two seasons do you mean? He had a bad year this year and has a messed up leg right now. He isn't playing, so he is not on the radar in this series....

Second, what are you moving him for right now? A second or third round pick? You aren't getting much more for him after this year with his salary. So what do you do with that? This draft is crappy after the top 5-10. I guess he could be part of a package for a wing we want, but that would include a D-man and a draft pick. Anisimov is a better candidate to trade becasue of salary and preceived upside (I really think he has hit his peak).

Finally, I still believe in him. Is he paid too much? Yes. Is he a liability on the ice? Rarely. He didn't score this year, I will give you that. A lot of that, to me, is his lack of shooting. Most of that is based on a lack of ice time. Last year, he averaged 20:14 per game. This year 16:16. 4 minutes less per game. His shot totals dropped from 220 last year to 140 this year partially because of that lack of time and because he came off the power-play (That is 11 of his points from last year). I am not saying his play didn't cause his ice time to drop off, but just remember that last year we didn't have Richards or Hagelin.

Again, he had a bad year, but it isn't as simple as he is suddenly a terrible player. He is a player in a new role. He needs to shoot more and make the decision to shoot more in the zone. He will come around. Don't forget that he led the Rangers in game-winning goals for two consecutive seasons and plays with an edge.

sfox7076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:29 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Seriously, can the trade discussion wait until after the play-offs?

I'm not a huge Dubi supporter but he would have definitely helped this series (since we are in the play-offs and salaries don't matter) - his board play is solid, he's our top 4 PK and he would have been an improvement to the team if he gets a chance to comeback.

Leave the salary and the rest of this crap for summer heat.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

What is this garbage? Two seasons of mediocrity? Is he even still employed by the team? He's out with an injury. And we could use him, by the way. His offensive numbers were atrocious this season, based on the deal we just gave him, but his physical play, leadership and penalty killing have always been very good. He's one of our most physical forwards that can play in the top-six successfully; he can play anywhere in the lineup, actually. Last season he led the entire team in points, so I'm not sure what this two seasons of mediocrity crap is. He had a bad year this year. That's it. Every other year his scoring has improved. I say he definitely gets a year to bounce back, unless there is a deal available that is too good to pass up. He is still a huge part of this team's core, IMO.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
What is this garbage? Two seasons of mediocrity? Is he even still employed by the team? He's out with an injury. And we could use him, by the way. His offensive numbers were atrocious this season, based on the deal we just gave him, but his physical play, leadership and penalty killing have always been very good. He's one of our most physical forwards that can play in the top-six successfully; he can play anywhere in the lineup, actually. Last season he led the entire team in points, so I'm not sure what this two seasons of mediocrity crap is. He had a bad year this year. That's it. Every other year his scoring has improved. I say he definitely gets a year to bounce back, unless there is a deal available that is too good to pass up. He is still a huge part of this team's core, IMO.
agree 100% here. I think people go to hockeydb and forget his intangibles.
Dubi also helps Cally out a lot imo

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:55 AM
district9
w/e

one rough season and people are all over a guy who has been part of our core for years now. he led the team in scoring last season and even though his scoring isn't there his defense and intangibles are superb. keep the guy, he's an untouchable right now if you ask me.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
His value, as it stands right now, is more about cap space relief than anything
For someone who would have had us hanging on to Chris Drury I find this statement of yours inconsistent and a little curious. I agree that if a good deal for Dubi came along the team should at least look at it--that he hasn't provided the bang for the buck in the first year of his big contract. One subpar year for Dubi though--Drury had two average years and two absolute crap years and was making over $7 mil a year. We could have used some cap relief in those years too.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:07 AM
OverTheCap

I've seen proposals on this board and other websites that want to dump Dubinsky no matter what, as a cap dump for picks or whatever. First of all, I think Rangers fan underestimate his value around the league. There are still GMs who want him, Howson and Burke being two of them. Second of all, there is no way you trade Dubinsky unless: (1) Parise or someone makes him expendable, or (2) he is being traded for a clear upgrade. The Rangers can't trade him at the draft for picks because there is no guarantee that Parise will sign on July 1, there's too much uncertainty.

I'm not sure how people can say Dubinsky isn't missed at all right now. Boyle was great in the first round but he's been horrible in the second round. I'd feel more comfortable if Dubi was centering the second line instead of Boyle at the moment.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:17 AM
mug25

Dubinsky has one bad season...haters flock in droves.

Avery scores 6 goals in two seasons...people chant "We want Avery".

Sometimes, my fellow Rangers fans are quite bamboozling.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug25 View Post
Dubinsky has one bad season...haters flock in droves.

Avery scores 6 goals in two seasons...people chant "We want Avery".

Sometimes, my fellow Rangers fans are quite bamboozling.
dubinsky = 4mm
avery =/= 4mm

if you don't get it you don't get it. don't belittle people's opinion's because you're too ignorant too realize the problem

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id absolutely trade him. not for *anything* but in a move to upgrade our talent up front. we NEED another top line player.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2400
I don't think we should look to deal him, but if another team wants Dubinsky in a win-win deal, I wouldn't mind.

05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Nickmo82

i'm not allowed to vote in polls for some reason, but i don't see him being dealt. He had been steadily performing well for us up until this year and was a whisker away from getting a letter on his uniform. Its a shame he didnt perform to his contractual expectations this year, but i'm sure he'll bounce back some.

Another point would be that surely his stock is very low at the moment, and we wouldn't get much in return.

Nickmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote