HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Old
05-08-2012, 07:06 AM
MrMariusz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
They got the bounces and we couldn't put the puck on net when needed. A tight series, but, we failed to capitalize on the chances we had while they did. Sucks. Can't hate them for doing what was needed. Their big players showed up, ours didn't.
So often the story in the playoffs for us...

Will be rooting for the Kings.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Really this is the worst we have ever been screwed by the refs. I can't hate Phoenix but I really hate the refs for the whole series.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:03 AM
AEM6729

Out of curiosity I went and looked up the playoff stats of the first-line centers who played/are playing in this round. Interesting to see where Fisher stacks up...only one as unproductive as him was Backes, and we all know what happened to his team.

Hanzal: 3G/2A/5P (2 GWG)
Backes: 2G/2A/4P
Kopitar: 3G/7A/10P
Giroux: 8G/9A/17P
Zajac: 5G/5A/10P (1 GWG)
Backstrom: 2G/4A/6P (1 GWG)
Richards: 5G/5A/10P

Fisher: 1G/3A/4P

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Well, token's alleged "trash goaltender" just beat the Preds in five games.

Honestly, I'm glad this series is over. I slept through all of the games tonight, including ours. I had no desire to watch it at any point. I'm so tired of the bickering, the constant complaining about refs and announcers and everything under the sun, and the fact that this team got totally outworked and beaten at what is historically its own game that I really just wanted Nashville's season to end one way or the other.

Here's hoping watching playoff hockey is fun again.
He played his best game in game 5. Had we anyone that could hit the broadside of the barn, we would be partying in smashville tomorrow. He still isn't in the top half of the league as far as goalies go. Great team Defense by the dogs

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Really this is the worst we have ever been screwed by the refs. I can't hate Phoenix but I really hate the refs for the whole series.
I can ... Go Kings Go & Lets Go Rangers ... 2 of the bigger media markets in the world, I just have a hunch

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
I can ... Go Kings Go & Lets Go Rangers ... 2 of the bigger media markets in the world, I just have a hunch
Well I'll likely not catch much hockey that's left so I do hope it's Kings/Rangers so there is the good ratings and LA/NYC hatred thing to talk up.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:54 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Out of curiosity I went and looked up the playoff stats of the first-line centers who played/are playing in this round. Interesting to see where Fisher stacks up...only one as unproductive as him was Backes, and we all know what happened to his team.

Hanzal: 3G/2A/5P (2 GWG)
Backes: 2G/2A/4P
Kopitar: 3G/7A/10P
Giroux: 8G/9A/17P
Zajac: 5G/5A/10P (1 GWG)
Backstrom: 2G/4A/6P (1 GWG)
Richards: 5G/5A/10P

Fisher: 1G/3A/4P
Fisher definitely should not be a top line center. Look at some of those names. Richards, Backstrom, Giroux, Kopitar. Fisher is no where near that level. He works hard. He can skate. He hits. He plays defense. He isn't on their level, though.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:05 PM
VFL615*

Hopefully since this franchise is "all in" and going to be a cap team they will do somthing about it. Fisher would make a great 3rd or 4th line center.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Fisher definitely should not be a top line center. Look at some of those names. Richards, Backstrom, Giroux, Kopitar. Fisher is no where near that level. He works hard. He can skate. He hits. He plays defense. He isn't on their level, though.
His sheer effort alone makes up for alot. This guy hustles, gets dirty and throws his body around. Typically not a "skilled" guy, and because of that he really tops out as a good number 2/3. I agree, we desperately need to find someone down the middle with a little more high end talent and faceoff ability.

Erat had a really great season, and the short time he was paired with Wilson was fun to watch. Too little, no late, but that line looked dangerous.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
The referees were bad.

They were bad in '11, '10, '09, '08, and so on. Remember Intent to Blow?

If we did well that series I'd bet anything we'd overcome the refs. But that's only a microcosm. Great teams overcome adversity. We had the adversity. Not so much the overcoming part.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Top 6 Spaling

*sigh*

Remember how mad we all were at Detroit fans for getting mad at the refs when we beat them? Just because they missed a few calls, which always happens, and they were handicapped by the "intent to blow" rule doesnt mean it's their fault. I agree a few of those should have counted, but the problem isnt the ref, its the intent to blow rule.

Us losing the series is NOT the refs fault

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 05-08-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:13 PM
NoNecksCurse

quit blaming the refs.. they were the better team and we sucked. it makes us look pathetic imo... congrats phoenix

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Seriously. Fisher and Legwand both are 2nd line centers at best. The rest of our centers are all 4th liners. I don't know who's available (besides maybe Parise even though interestingly NJD is using him as a wing right now) or how we'd get help in this area over the summer, but to me this is our most glaring need. Fisher weighed down his entire line this postseason; it's amazing that Erat was as good as he was, having to play with 2 guys who didn't do much of anything.

We lost this series on goaltending and on our top two centers, in my opinion.

Funny comment I saw on PuckDaddy: "Sometimes the opposing goaltender just takes a dump in your mouth, plain and simple". HA. Truth.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 04:51 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I'm OK with the way they played game 5. They played a great game. They attempted over 80 shots, just couldn't get it past the defense or the goal posts. Just no puck luck at all. Every bounce we got against Detroit went against us in this series.

I'm happy Wilson got the goal. He played great the last 3 games. I hope this is the real light bulb moment for him.

Really hope this wasn't the last game for Suter in a Preds uniform.

I really believed that we were going to win game 5 and get a game 6 here on Wednesday. The season just kind of came to a screeching halt.

It's kind of hard to play against the team that is the second coming though. I mean, you might as well give them every trophy out there since everything they did and every player they have was excellent, smart, brilliant, perfect, amazing.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:29 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Hopefully since this franchise is "all in" and going to be a cap team they will do somthing about it. Fisher would make a great 3rd or 4th line center.
You'll note that no such comments have been made since Suter has cast doubt on his desire to re-sign.

I don't think our budget is "X" next season, regardless of personnel. They'll spend for Suter or Weber, but you're not going to see a cap team if one or both are gone.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:01 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
You'll note that no such comments have been made since Suter has cast doubt on his desire to re-sign.

I don't think our budget is "X" next season, regardless of personnel. They'll spend for Suter or Weber, but you're not going to see a cap team if one or both are gone.
no, but they still have the floor to hit and if they lose both, they have 10-12 million to spend to hit the floor.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote