HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Offseason Roster Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 01:12 PM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
That all depends on how dependent we become on Stammer and Marty doing all the scoring for us, and the reaction time for teams to start focusing everything on making those two not connect.
I don't think we are dependent on Marty and Stammer doing all the scoring as we had 5 players score over 20 goals. If we have people focussing on the two of them Teddy will pick up the scoring. If you play your top pair D against Stammers line then Vinnys line should be able to step up. Our 3rd line should be more lethal with a potential CC/Pyatt/Brown line, each capable of scoring over 10 goals easily. We need Hedman to make a big jump in his developement, Brewer to have a much better year, anyone should be an upgrade on Ckark. In net someone who can have a save % over 910.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pyatt View Post
This should be good.

TELL US YOUR PLAN
It's not really a plan but an idea. Currently our right wing depth is St. Louis/Purcell, Connolly, Brown, Hall, Wallace, Shannon, and Wyman. Hall, Wallace, Wyman, and Shannon are all UFAs this year. We no longer need Shannon with the addition of Brown so he is gone. Resign Hall at 675K for the 3rd and 4th line.

Yzerman will have to choose between Wyman and Wallace unless one wants to sign a two-way contract with Norfolk but unless they need a veteran presence it will be stunting the growth of the future. Both are only one year apart in age but Wallace has more NHL experience albeit 20 games. I'll leave this decision up to the experts but I would choose the more defensively responsible/physical/better one so that the big names can spend all game on the PP and these guys can PK.

So we have Purcell, St. Louis, Connolly, Brown rotating the top 3 lines as necessary and Hall to patrol the 3rd and 4th lines.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:49 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
It's not really a plan but an idea. Currently our right wing depth is St. Louis/Purcell, Connolly, Brown, Hall, Wallace, Shannon, and Wyman. Hall, Wallace, Wyman, and Shannon are all UFAs this year. We no longer need Shannon with the addition of Brown so he is gone. Resign Hall at 675K for the 3rd and 4th line.

Yzerman will have to choose between Wyman and Wallace unless one wants to sign a two-way contract with Norfolk but unless they need a veteran presence it will be stunting the growth of the future. Both are only one year apart in age but Wallace has more NHL experience albeit 20 games. I'll leave this decision up to the experts but I would choose the more defensively responsible/physical/better one so that the big names can spend all game on the PP and these guys can PK.

So we have Purcell, St. Louis, Connolly, Brown rotating the top 3 lines as necessary and Hall to patrol the 3rd and 4th lines.
I may be wrong but Wyman is a RFA so he should be at least qualified. I prefer Wallace over Hall, and if he did sign two way I believe most of our main prospects will be in the NHL so I don't see him affecting anyone potential in the AHL. Plus our AHL team isn't just a bunch of 21 year olds ready to make the NHL as there is several mid to late 20 year olds also.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I may be wrong but Wyman is a RFA so he should be at least qualified. I prefer Wallace over Hall, and if he did sign two way I believe most of our main prospects will be in the NHL so I don't see him affecting anyone potential in the AHL. Plus our AHL team isn't just a bunch of 21 year olds ready to make the NHL as there is several mid to late 20 year olds also.
According to capgeek Wyman is a UFA.

Hall has way more NHL experience than Wallace and that is why I prefer Hall. If remains on the NHL roster for a year than I will put him over Hall.

I also like the competition there will be for basically all four right wing spots.
St. Louis/Purcell/Connolly/Brown
Purcell/Connolly/Brown
Connolly/Brown/Hall/Wallace
Hall/Wallace/Wyman

Wallace will get a one-way contract like this year and Wyman will get a two-way if he stays with the team. Hall, I don't know.

Old
05-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:

Hall monitor?

Old
05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
HoseEmDown

I was looking at the fowards I'd think we have for next year and we lack size besides Malone and Vinny. I wouldn't say we need a goon but someone who is willing to throw down, we can't have Malone doing all our fighting. If Aullie is on the team he can scrap, we just need an insurance policy for our skill players. Any suggestions on who you'd want?

Old
05-05-2012, 02:02 PM
HoseEmDown

After watching this Washington series, I want no part of Wideman. He looks no better than Clark and would cost 4 times as much.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
kisin

St.Louis - Stamkos - Brown/Connolly
Malone - Lecavalier - Purcell
UFA - UFA - Brown/Connolly
Pyatt - Thompson - Tyrell
Wyman

Hedman - UFA/trade
Brewer - UFA/trade
Aulie - Lee
UFA
8th d-man Oberg/Barberio

UFA/trade - Garon/UFA

I'd like to get Hjalmarsson, Stoll or Bernier.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:13 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellis View Post
Wyman

Hedman - UFA/trade
Brewer - UFA/trade
Aulie - Lee
UFA
8th d-man Oberg/Barberio

UFA/trade - Garon/UFA

That's a lot of UFA's, I'd like us to go for Hjalmarsson too but Stoll would be too costly on the 3rd line. I also see no CC or Killorn you have no faith in them making the team? They are both 22-23 so more than ready to make the team IMO.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:17 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Killorn will have a very good shot up here next year, Conacher too. Barberio is kind of cloudy.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
JFleegs

Quote:
Wyman

Hedman - UFA/trade
Brewer - UFA/trade
Aulie - Lee
UFA
8th d-man Oberg/Barberio

UFA/trade - Garon/UFA

This

Old
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
kisin

Quote:
That's a lot of UFA's, I'd like us to go for Hjalmarsson too but Stoll would be too costly on the 3rd line. I also see no CC or Killorn you have no faith in them making the team? They are both 22-23 so more than ready to make the team IMO.
Stoll hasn't had a good offensive year. I personally don't think he would be that expensive. Yeah, Killorn or/and Conacher should earn a spot during the training camp.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:20 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Wyman

Hedman - UFA/trade
Brewer - UFA/trade
Aulie - Lee
UFA
8th d-man Oberg/Barberio

UFA/trade - Garon/UFA

Pretty good. I'd be pretty surprised if we get 2 new top 4 dmen though. My bet is still that Yzerman will go for one very solid top 4 guy, and hope that one of our D prospects can step up for that last top4 spot. One of Lee/Aulie/Gudas/Mikkelson/Barberio is my guess (in that order).

I noticed Bergeron isn't on your roster. I'd assume he is going to be coming back since he's still got another year on his contract and actually played pretty well until he got hurt.

I'm also think we can fill in that 3rd line LW from within the organization with either Killorn or Conacher.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:51 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Stoll hasn't had a good offensive year. I personally don't think he would be that expensive. Yeah, Killorn or/and Conacher should earn a spot during the training camp.
I like Stoll but he's making 3 mil now, he's on a team in the WCF so I don't see him taking a paycut. We could bring back Moore for half that price.

Old
05-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
I like Stoll but he's making 3 mil now, he's on a team in the WCF so I don't see him taking a paycut. We could bring back Moore for half that price.
We can also bring no one in for no price because we have to give the younger players a chance to succeed and we can end up with our own Jarret Stoll.

Old
05-12-2012, 07:34 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
We can also bring no one in for no price because we have to give the younger players a chance to succeed and we can end up with our own Jarret Stoll.
I agree we should let our young players get maximium playing time and oppurtunity. Only thing is we only have one bottom 6 C in Thompson, I think Pyatt can play there and I don't wanna bring back Hall I'd prefer Wallace so we'd probably need a C. I'm not sure if Johnson is ready and Namestinkov will be in AHL next year. If we play our 11 F and 7 D then we won't need to sign anybody, not sure what Boucher has in mind.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:08 PM
MrMcGz

FORWARDS
Teddy Purcell ($2.363m) / Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)
Ryan Malone ($4.500m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($7.727m) / Brett Connolly ($1.633m)
Cory Conacher ($0.925m) / Nate Thompson ($0.900m) / J.T. Brown ($1.350m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.600m) / Alexander Killorn ($0.875m) / Tim Wallace ($0.700m)
Dana Tyrell ($0.600m)
DEFENSEMEN
Victor Hedman ($4.000m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)
Eric Brewer ($3.875m) / Brian Lee ($0.971m)
Brendan Mikkelson ($0.758m) / Marc-Andre Bergeron ($1.000m)
Keith Aulie ($0.578m) / Mark Barberio ($0.580m)
Mattias Ohlund ($3.607m) /
GOALTENDERS
Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)
Riku Helenius ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Vinny Prospal ($1.167m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,533,635; BONUSES: $1,707,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $3,766,365

Did another one, by promoting within and keeping our picks, this could go a long way to keeping our prospect pool increasing in quality.

I think SFY will value goalies like DET and not to be looking to break the bank anytime soon. Just give Riku his one way competitive deal and let him and Garon battle it out in Training Camp.

What do ya'll think of the bottom 6 though? Need more size or grit, or keep the lineup skilled and speedy? I think there's more than enough size and mobility on defense.

Thoughts?

Old
05-16-2012, 08:18 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcGz View Post
FORWARDS
Teddy Purcell ($2.363m) / Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)
Ryan Malone ($4.500m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($7.727m) / Brett Connolly ($1.633m)
Cory Conacher ($0.925m) / Nate Thompson ($0.900m) / J.T. Brown ($1.350m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.600m) / Alexander Killorn ($0.875m) / Tim Wallace ($0.700m)
Dana Tyrell ($0.600m)
DEFENSEMEN
Victor Hedman ($4.000m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)
Eric Brewer ($3.875m) / Brian Lee ($0.971m)
Brendan Mikkelson ($0.758m) / Marc-Andre Bergeron ($1.000m)
Keith Aulie ($0.578m) / Mark Barberio ($0.580m)
Mattias Ohlund ($3.607m) /
GOALTENDERS
Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)
Riku Helenius ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Vinny Prospal ($1.167m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,533,635; BONUSES: $1,707,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $3,766,365

Did another one, by promoting within and keeping our picks, this could go a long way to keeping our prospect pool increasing in quality.

I think SFY will value goalies like DET and not to be looking to break the bank anytime soon. Just give Riku his one way competitive deal and let him and Garon battle it out in Training Camp.

What do ya'll think of the bottom 6 though? Need more size or grit, or keep the lineup skilled and speedy? I think there's more than enough size and mobility on defense.

Thoughts?
Pretty much the line up I'd like to see, except Suter is a dream that probably won't come true. Fowards are fine, bottom 6 is young, fast and will be hungry to impress. I do think it could us some size but Killorn isn't a slouch, we'd probably have Labrie in the AHL we could call up to bring some grit. With us potentially going with Riku/Garon we need a shutdown D, and there isn't many worth while in UFA. I think if SY makes a deal it'll be for a RH shutdown D to play with Brewer or Hedman.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:23 PM
IdealisticSniper

You guys are seriously a glutton for punishment. How anyone could possibly WANT to go into next season with any type of question mark in goal is mind boggling to me.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
You guys are seriously a glutton for punishment. How anyone could possibly WANT to go into next season with any type of question mark in goal is mind boggling to me.
What are you trying to say? I'm sure 1/2 the teams in the league go into the season hoping their goaltending is good enough. Their are only so many elite, reliable net minders that most teams have some sort of questions. Who's to say Riku won't perform better than Bernier/Schneider/TT/Vokoun or any other goalie we've thought about bringing in?

Old
05-16-2012, 09:39 PM
CSampson

Quote:
I agree. Enough is enough. If you're bringing in Helenius you have to move Garon for something better. HAVE to.

Old
05-16-2012, 09:43 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Who do you propose then? Trading the farm for Schneider or Price? Everyone else in FA is washed up or as unproven as Helenius.

Brodeur?

Old
05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
IdealisticSniper

Im saying if you want to take a flyer on Helenius, then you need to have another guy who is better than Garon. As an example, get Vokoun for cheap in FA, and then bring Riku over and let them battle it out.

Bringing Riku over also gives you a chance to move Garon if you want/need to to get another guy such as a Schneider or Bernier (to give the other team a solid backup).

The young guys out there that havent played much in the NHL like the two above or Harding or Lindback, dont have massive experience, but they have shown that they can play decently to very well in that little bit of time. Helenius didnt show that in his very very limited chances.

Again I love Riku, but I just cant take another season being lost because of horrible goaltending when it can be prevented in some fashion during the offseason.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:12 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Im saying if you want to take a flyer on Helenius, then you need to have another guy who is better than Garon. As an example, get Vokoun for cheap in FA, and then bring Riku over and let them battle it out.

Bringing Riku over also gives you a chance to move Garon if you want/need to to get another guy such as a Schneider or Bernier (to give the other team a solid backup).

The young guys out there that havent played much in the NHL like the two above or Harding or Lindback, dont have massive experience, but they have shown that they can play decently to very well in that little bit of time. Helenius didnt show that in his very very limited chances.

Again I love Riku, but I just cant take another season being lost because of horrible goaltending when it can be prevented in some fashion during the offseason.
Understood but Garon + is not going to fetch Schneider or Bernier.

For the record I trade the farm for Price only.

Harding has had the benefit of a trapping shutdown defensive system and TT, Vokoun, et al are still only stopgaps.

Money and cap space will be better spent on a number 1 D and another bona fide top 4.

Old
05-16-2012, 10:23 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcGz View Post
Understood but Garon + is not going to fetch Schneider or Bernier.

For the record I trade the farm for Price only.

Harding has had the benefit of a trapping shutdown defensive system and TT, Vokoun, et al are still only stopgaps.

Money and cap space will be better spent on a number 1 D and another bona fide top 4.

Obviously The + with Garon would be whatever we would normally offer for Bernier and Schneider. Garon would be an add in to give the other team a veteran backup.

Id love Price here, it would literally take the farm though, but Im not sold on Montreal not moving him to be honest. It could happen.

Of course those guys are stop gaps, but if you are bringing Helenius over, and you have Janus and Tokarski about 1-2 years away, wouldnt all we "need" is a stop gap? So why would that be a problem.

Closed Thread